Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sc2 Beta

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1389 replies to this topic

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,323 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
I don't play protoss or terran so I can't say for sure, but from my understanding people tend to get 1 or 2 turrets/cannons at least. If I got mutas (I always do) and they don't have any cannons or turrets, their mineral line is done. Otherwise I probably got roaches, in which case I'll just burrow into their base and they won't see me and they can say goodbye to their base.

Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
fine, no one wants to reply...enjoy. this video is AWESOME.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (UDP @ Apr 26 2010, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't play protoss or terran so I can't say for sure, but from my understanding people tend to get 1 or 2 turrets/cannons at least. If I got mutas (I always do) and they don't have any cannons or turrets, their mineral line is done. Otherwise I probably got roaches, in which case I'll just burrow into their base and they won't see me and they can say goodbye to their base.

I'd say that might be the case for 3rd or 4th expos, but for the natural expos, generally it's a big waste to turret/cannon them up before transferring workers. If it's a protoss player, they'll generally put their cannons at the choke first anyways (unless they went for Forge FE, of course), so your banelings might be out of detection range.

Even if they were to cannon/turret up really thoroughly and kill your banelings while expo-ing, you are then free to double expo; safe in the knowledge that they wont be able to push out any time in the next 3 or 4 mins at least.

edit @ Rak - lol sorry dude, don't mean to ignore you. Just getting caught up in some nice tactical discussion here. icon_smile.gif I will definitely watch that match tho. Did you see the KawaiiRice (playing under the ID "Socrates" iirc) vs QXC match on Steppes btw? Absolutely epic epic game!

Edited by j type, 26 April 2010 - 12:34 PM.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Apr 26 2010, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fine, no one wants to reply...enjoy. this video is AWESOME.

Cheers for that Rakielis icon_smile.gif I was gunna reply and ask you to embed them, but i was/am busy watching a couple of the HDH matches, ill watch that one once im done with these icon_smile.gif

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (j type @ Apr 26 2010, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
edit @ Rak - lol sorry dude, don't mean to ignore you. Just getting caught up in some nice tactical discussion here. icon_smile.gif I will definitely watch that match tho. Did you see the KawaiiRice (playing under the ID "Socrates" iirc) vs QXC match on Steppes btw? Absolutely epic epic game!

embed plz

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
Hey guys (and by guys i mean zerg players)

Currently in a copper legaue and have logged a total of 7 games thus far (5 placement, 2 ranked)

I play terran but I've come under the recent impression that FUCKING EVERYONE is terran

seriously, 5/7 matches I played were against T and the other 2 were protoss

all my friends say they have had similar experiences with a vast majority of people playing T and the few others playing P with and they rarely ever play a zerg

Although I think Terran is the shit I've always liked zerg and am planning on switching because there are just gonna be even people playing T since the campaign is about terran and all the nubs will want to play as them. So any advice for a beginning zerg player?

also could I get an average/conservative build for zerg for zvz zvt and zvp?

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
Ha, well I think zerg is the most played race. But i've seen stories like that all the time. I play 10 zvzs in a row, then I match against a terran who says "Finally! A zerg! I've played like 10 tvts in a row!"

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
How can I defend from zerg from the beginning as terran ? :| I build my wall, build MM and then they send banelings and destroy my supply depot or whatever else is there, and then just rush the zerglings in, I really do struggle to try and defend from zerg from the beginning, can i have some good tips anyone ?

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Scout more. If you see him going to get banelings or going many lings, get stim and or get hellions. Maybe even some reapers.

Edit: Was going to post this epic 2v2 platinum replay.. But I don't know how it works on Gosu Gamers. dcolon.png Any other place I can stick it for ya'll to see?

Edited by Sir Kyle Aziz, 26 April 2010 - 04:42 PM.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
  • Steam ID:cc_lyger
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sgt Kaz
  • PSN:Kazaii
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Apr 26 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they get canons and turrets they're wasting money. Why would a terran get turrets unless his opponent is abusing mutalisks? Why would a protoss get cannons? Those are huge investments. I only use my army to protect when I expand and that's all I need, because if you need something other then your army you're spending anywhere from 500(5 turrets) to 850(5 cannons plus pylon) to defend it. An I can think of a much better use for those minerals then spending them on an expo that wont be hit because my army is pushing theirs around the map. An if they have the spare resources to be building small harrass you're still going to be behind because again. He's probobly going to build 3 mutalisks at most or a couple lings(which turrets wont do shit for). He'll see the cannons ect, and he'll piss off. So you spend 500-850 to keep 400 at max minerals away?? Not worth it, not worth it at all.

I think cannons are a big help with expo, but turrets are basically useless.
!~Orky's BF~!
%~Original_Sin's Best Friend~%
^~Byak's nemesis~^
*~The only person who thinks CakeCom is good looking~*
$~Jaylew likes me~$
@~Best Wardrobe October 2012~@
)~Greatest King of Jerusalem all years~(

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
Probably the most commone baneling bust build in zvt is

14pool
13gas
@100% pool: queen
@100 gas: ling speed
@50 gas: baneling nest
Make lings until your first spawn larvas pop, then make 1 more round of lings
Spawn 5 banelings near opponent's wall (outside of sight, like behind the natural's mineral line)
Kill depots, run in speedlings

usually the bust comes just before a hellion would pop out if they did 1rax fact. Plus you have like 10 speedlings which completely rapes anything the terran would have.

I think the usual response is to not wall in with depots, just barracks, ebay, and factory.

Z's can do it vs. P too, because 5 banelings kill a zealot. This is stopped by walling in with 1 zealot blocking the hole, and a stalker or zealot or sentry behind it, not in baneling range

Edited by LysIs514, 26 April 2010 - 05:16 PM.

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Apr 26 2010, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha, well I think zerg is the most played race. But i've seen stories like that all the time. I play 10 zvzs in a row, then I match against a terran who says "Finally! A zerg! I've played like 10 tvts in a row!"

ahahaa thats so weird, maybe not then idk.

Ill try more zerg and see how I like it

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
Hmm.. Went 4-1 in my placements and now I'm in 1v1 Gold. Lost to a noob tho. Playing so bad today.

h3r1n6

h3r1n6

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• Global Moderators
  • 1,770 posts
  • xfire:h3r1n6
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Sports
  • Steam ID:h3r1n6
Zerg is so boring imo. When I get Zerg when randomning I usualy just try to mass queen, but I can't get it to work right. Not even in 2v2 when I ask my ally to carry me, they just complain about my play icon_sad.gif.

Best response vs baneling bust as Terran is to just strengthen your wall. If you have walled with depots, put the factory behind it, seal eventual leaks with bunkers, since they can be salvaged.

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
i dont think ive won against toss with zerg yet. they usually go void ray rush or stalker rush. i cant do shit

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
QUOTE (Myth @ Apr 26 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont think ive won against toss with zerg yet. they usually go void ray rush or stalker rush. i cant do shit

If they aren't doing 2gate immortal push (or 3 or 4 gates) they are most likely doing some stargate shenanigans, or a dt rush. Either way, if you are around 32 food and they haven't done shit, get an evo chamber... at the very least so it is done when they reveal wtf they're doing. Queens can take voidrays 1v1, and 2 queens (from your expo) can hold off quite a bit.

A lot of times you want to sack an overlord to see how many gates he has so you know when to stop droning. Helps especially because ovie speed is only 50/50. Get mutas as soon as your lair is done (unless you find he's going 4 gate or something, then you need every unit you can get, and probably hydras). Mutas force P to stay on 1-2 bases and get stalkers and/or sentries, then you can take your 3rd and go baneling/roach/hydra, which pretty much micros itself.

Edited by LysIs514, 26 April 2010 - 10:11 PM.

Teh_PYR0

Teh_PYR0
  • GA Private
  • 167 posts
  • xfire:teh1337pyro
  • Interests:FPS, RTS, Violin, MMOs... meh
  • Steam ID:teh_pyro
  • PSN:PimROX
  • Gamer Army ID:3823
  • Company:Echo
1 queen can't take 1 void ray, at least not anymore. I've found that if I'm going void rays, I have to put enough money into defense from a roach/ling rush that by the time I get void rays, they can at least get hydras. Hydralisks own void rays. just have good micro and slightly spread them around your base. Mass hydra owns toss if they don't have sentry+colossus with thermal lance. if you give toss time, they win. make toss do what you want then push against it.

[Starcraft] requires the same mental strength as a chess grand master... and you need to have the dexterity of a musician. -Day[9]

KingdomZero

KingdomZero
  • GA Private
  • 120 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3884
QUOTE (Bl!ndf!re @ Apr 26 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys (and by guys i mean zerg players)

Currently in a copper legaue and have logged a total of 7 games thus far (5 placement, 2 ranked)

I play terran but I've come under the recent impression that FUCKING EVERYONE is terran

seriously, 5/7 matches I played were against T and the other 2 were protoss

all my friends say they have had similar experiences with a vast majority of people playing T and the few others playing P with and they rarely ever play a zerg

Although I think Terran is the shit I've always liked zerg and am planning on switching because there are just gonna be even people playing T since the campaign is about terran and all the nubs will want to play as them. So any advice for a beginning zerg player?

also could I get an average/conservative build for zerg for zvz zvt and zvp?

Gah Really!? You encounter a lot of terrans? I encounter mostly protoss players, it might be something about leagues though since Terran is the default class selected and they are too scared to try something else.

Guest_Drizzt__*

Guest_Drizzt__*
  • Guests
So according to the beta, Asia says that Zerg is OP and North America says they're UP.
Whats your say on this?

Personally, I really do think they balanced the races fairly well and I think that there is something fun and special about each class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users