Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sc2 Beta

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1389 replies to this topic

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I'll take the recruit a friend's from unused accounts. ;]

Gorthakk

Gorthakk
  • Members
  • 288 posts
QUOTE (Rob` @ Mar 25 2010, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok I am unbelievably bored of Toss so I'm trying Zerg and holy shit am I bad with them.

Last game I only had one hatchery (I think that's what they were called anyway) and at the end roughly 4000 mineral.

That's right I can't spend the income from one base fast enough.

facepalm away friends.

(I won but that's not the point)

Haha same thing happened to me, bored of toss switched to zerg (now im on terran xD). Also had macro problems but not to that extent. You def get use to zerg macro but it took me a while (takes a while to remember larvae inject every time).. just take extra expos when you have alot of minerals and get more gas. Also zerglings/roaches are good for spending minerals, cant just mass muta as they are 100-100 or hydra as they are 100-50, unless you are on more than one base. I think once you get use to it zerg macro is by far the easiest you just hit 6 (or whatever all your hatcherys are keyed too) then s and whatever units with every few units remembering to hit v. Dont even have to look at your base to build supply or press tab/other hotkey to change buildings, only to use queen!

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Mar 25 2010, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Sonic_mna

Sonic_mna
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • xfire:sonicmna
  • Xbox / GFWL:sonicmna
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Mar 25 2010, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Sonic, that is your first post I've seen in SC2 beta stuff. You're at the very back of the long line of people in here waiting for a key.

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
Are they still going to hand out keys now that this invite system is up, or are they going to go by referrals from now on?

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
Are they still handing out SC2 beta keys? Wouldn't they be finished by now?

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Mar 25 2010, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are they still going to hand out keys now that this invite system is up, or are they going to go by referrals from now on?

Well they did say that everyone who opted in will get in eventually.
Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
QUOTE (TheBase @ Mar 25 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are they still handing out SC2 beta keys? Wouldn't they be finished by now?

I believe they're going in waves. A few people that weren't in before got in within the last week here. There are some screenies a few pages back (and one MS-shop by yours truly).

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Mar 25 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe they're going in waves. A few people that weren't in before got in within the last week here. There are some screenies a few pages back (and one MS-shop by yours truly).

Second best forger next to Garamiah.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Mar 25 2010, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Second best forger next to Garamiah.

He is pretty good, I'll admit. He's probably one of the best up-and-comers I've seen in years.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Mar 25 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is pretty good, I'll admit. He's probably one of the best up-and-comers I've seen in years.

Wow, Garamiah? Th-the Garamiah? Wow, it's an honour. I grew up to stories about how you forged an astronautics license and went to the moon to put up a counterfeit Australian flag. I'd ask for your autograph, but I've already signed your signature myself.

Also, I'm pretty horrible at SC. I'm failing at multitasking and basic macro-management. I'll push up with a certain force, but I'll usually forget to continue production at base, expand my base, etc. so I have these spurts of offense and leave massive gaps where I usually get raped. Any tips?

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Mar 25 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, Garamiah? Th-the Garamiah? Wow, it's an honour. I grew up to stories about how you forged an astronautics license and went to the moon to put up a counterfeit Australian flag. I'd ask for your autograph, but I've already signed your signature myself.

Also, I'm pretty horrible at SC. I'm failing at multitasking and basic macro-management. I'll push up with a certain force, but I'll usually forget to continue production at base, expand my base, etc. so I have these spurts of offense and leave massive gaps where I usually get raped. Any tips?

We should play some games sometime, coz I'm not too great either. Best tip is DON'T WATCH YOUR BATTLES. Keep macroing while your armies face off and just check on them from time to time.

And that moon thing. It's true to a degree. I forged the license and the flag, but the whole moon landing itself was forged by an East Asian man called Fu Toh Shop.
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

LysIs514

LysIs514

Best RTS Contributor '09

• Members
  • 670 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Mar 25 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We should play some games sometime, coz I'm not too great either. Best tip is DON'T WATCH YOUR BATTLES. Keep macroing while your armies face off and just check on them from time to time.

And that moon thing. It's true to a degree. I forged the license and the flag, but the whole moon landing itself was forged by an East Asian man called Fu Toh Shop.

Untrue in sc2. And mostly untrue for bw as well. You micro until
1. there isn't anything left to micro (almost never)
2. Once the battle is won, but not over.

Then you go back to macro. In fact, even this is abused. Hold lurkers in scbw were timed so that once the terran attacked an expansion, thinking he'd take it out before defense came, and he'd go macro. In that time, the lurkers would attack and he'd be like wtf?

Ideally, you want to always be watching your battles and macro without going back to your base.

AltCtrl: if i was gonna play ra3 i might as well go play wizard 101 too

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Mar 25 2010, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Micromanaging the battle could be useful, though. Especially with vulture micro, science vessels, etc. I pretty much make sure I use my hotkeys to continue producing units while the battles ensue. A little difficult in the heat of battle, but I'm getting better.

Add me on Steam or whatever you want to set these matches up with. "Jengerer" for pretty much everything.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
QUOTE (LysIs514 @ Mar 25 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Untrue in sc2. And mostly untrue for bw as well. You micro until
1. there isn't anything left to micro (almost never)
2. Once the battle is won, but not over.

Then you go back to macro. In fact, even this is abused. Hold lurkers in scbw were timed so that once the terran attacked an expansion, thinking he'd take it out before defense came, and he'd go macro. In that time, the lurkers would attack and he'd be like wtf?

Ideally, you want to always be watching your battles and macro without going back to your base.

Probably at my level following the 'don't watch your battles' ideology is a good idea, since my micro is pretty terrible anyway, so if I'm watching the fight I'm not doing anything much. I also forget to build anything when I'm in a conflict.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
You can macro while you micro in sc2, fuck man you can have all your buildings on 1 hotkey and just press tab to cycle through em. Rally workers to minerals, then you basically only have to watch ur base if you want to build buildings, upgrade or defend from attacks.

Edited by DethFanatic, 25 March 2010 - 10:35 PM.

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Mar 25 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can macro while you micro in sc2, fuck man you can have all your buildings on 1 hotkey and just press tab to cycle through em. Rally workers to minerals, then you basically only have to watch ur base if you want to build buildings, upgrade or defend from attacks.

If you rally workers to minerals, do you still have to guide them to start actually harvesting like SC, or did they EZ mode it up and make it automatically start harvesting?

Speaking of this, this is one of my bigger issues in playing SC. I'll start expanding, throw up another CC, and then leave the SCVs sitting idly next to the minerals for a good minute or so. icon_lol.gif

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Mar 26 2010, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you rally workers to minerals, do you still have to guide them to start actually harvesting like SC, or did they EZ mode it up and make it automatically start harvesting?

Speaking of this, this is one of my bigger issues in playing SC. I'll start expanding, throw up another CC, and then leave the SCVs sitting idly next to the minerals for a good minute or so. icon_lol.gif

They auto-mine.

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Mar 25 2010, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They auto-mine.

Damn, that kind of sucks. Coupled with MBS, the value of multitasking skill seems to be diminishing.

Also, I caught those matches yesterday, and I noticed that they were really short. Is that true for general SCII or is it just the play style that originates from the map(s) they were playing? It seemed like making one macro mistake cost you the entire match; you could tell who was going to 'gg' less than 5 minutes in. :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users