Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Production Blog 7 - Jeremy's Assistant

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

darkhen

darkhen
  • Members
  • 1,057 posts
  • xfire:darkhen
  • Interests:Bang Bang Bang<br /><br />Banging people<br />
Beatle's Ed Sullivan Show Poster for the win.

]

RTSwarrior

RTSwarrior
  • Members
  • 500 posts
  • xfire:zxcythe
  • Wii:Yes
It's awesome to see the original magic of the show seeping in through these production blogs, great job guys!

Also, I felt all nerdy proud and everything at the sc references about positioning and building the robo ^_^
QUOTE (Dustin Browder)
Q: Do you think it's sensible to release a game during the world-wide economic crisis that will definitely ruin the South Korean economy, since the entire population will stay at home and play?
A: *laughs* Hah, I can even answer this! I think people are smart enough to decide when they can play and when not. You will also be able to play Sc2 very cheaply in South Korea, in PC Bangs. I even read that the first Starcraft stimulated the Korean economy to such an extent that they could overcome an economic crisis. I don't know if that's true - but I read it in a book! Let's see how Sc2 works out on the Korean market. But I am sure, all will be good.

AntiBeast

AntiBeast
  • Members
  • 2 posts
O hai. Soz, I really didn't like it.. There was some level of humor there I'm sure... but not even enough to get a chuckle out of me.. Watching Pure Pwnage is usually at least a great pleasure even in its unfunny moments.. but this some how just wasn't.. Jeremys acting bothered me in this one.. Im not so much bothered about how he seems to say "This is awesome!" about everything... but just overall.. Dude, you need to do it like the net show icon_sad.gif I understand its a bazillion times easier when you are winging it... I think you would work best if you could use the script as a guideline and just kind a wing it to the script.. heh.. Anyway, I hope your scripted acting continues to improve! "Acting part I" and "part II" are my favorites by far.. And I must say its worth mentioning that until this episode your acting has been pretty great Jeremy, rivaling other great actors. It was just simply this episode that got to me. ;]

P.S.. yes I know your name isnt Jeremy.. But what the hey, Lots of people know me by many aliases.. rather than my name lol.

XCEL

XCEL
  • Members
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (AntiBeast @ Feb 17 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O hai. Soz, I really didn't like it.. There was some level of humor there I'm sure... but not even enough to get a chuckle out of me.. Watching Pure Pwnage is usually at least a great pleasure even in its unfunny moments.. but this some how just wasn't.. Jeremys acting bothered me in this one.. Im not so much bothered about how he seems to say "This is awesome!" about everything... but just overall.. Dude, you need to do it like the net show icon_sad.gif I understand its a bazillion times easier when you are winging it... I think you would work best if you could use the script as a guideline and just kind a wing it to the script.. heh.. Anyway, I hope your scripted acting continues to improve! "Acting part I" and "part II" are my favorites by far.. And I must say its worth mentioning that until this episode your acting has been pretty great Jeremy, rivaling other great actors. It was just simply this episode that got to me. ;]

P.S.. yes I know your name isnt Jeremy.. But what the hey, Lots of people know me by many aliases.. rather than my name lol.

AgreeD.

The acting REALLY worries me, it's way overboard. I know the personality and attitude he is trying to make for the character but IMO it's really really bad..

ZugZug77

ZugZug77
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zug Zug 7
QUOTE (AntiBeast @ Feb 17 2010, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Came here to post this. I haven't really laughed at these episodes at all. I'm not sure if its because hes following more of a script, or he just can't act like the old Jeremy anymore. Oh well, this sounds harsh, but I obviously still find him funny.

zakizdaman

zakizdaman
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • xfire:zakizdaman
  • Interests:VIDYA
  • Steam ID:Profasir
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zakizdaman
  • PSN:Profasir
QUOTE (LeTHaL_oXid3 @ Feb 16 2010, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH YEAH! I was excited to see this up when I came on earlier. icon_smile.gif Loved it! Photocopies, trumpet, pickles...the whole lot. awesome2.png

Remember that episode when they fried the pickle and the egg in a pan? epic LOL's ensued icon_razz.gif
"Koreans like to take starcraft into their own every day life, where the good south koreans (protoss) and the bad north koreans (zerg) are always fighting, and then the neutral USA (terran) Sits there and watches in amusement, doing absouletly nothing to help solve the issue."

Guest_LeTHaL_oXid3_*

Guest_LeTHaL_oXid3_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (krazykaveman @ Feb 17 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great vlog!

btw what is up with Jeremy's new found obsession with pickles? lol j/k

I like Pickles too. But hasn't he liked them since season one? I thought he was cooking them for breakfast after he had just moved out...

brendanraymond

brendanraymond
  • Members
  • 195 posts
its a pro breakfast

icon_biggrin.gif

Naoko

Naoko
  • Members
  • 353 posts
QUOTE (XCEL @ Feb 17 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The acting REALLY worries me, it's way overboard.

I don't know what it is with some of these production blogs, but Jeremy just seems... Off. He doesn't feel right.

It could turn out that this stuff isn't exactly scripted, so it might not be that. I can't put my finger on it, but it's like he's rushing through his lines. Not quite comfortable or something. It's like when Jeremy starts a new line, he knew exactly what the other guy was going to say and responds automatically and rushed. It's hard to describe.

Hopefully the actual episodes will feel more like the original web series.

Keep it up though, guys!

gonepostl

gonepostl
  • Members
  • 158 posts
Showcase should have been the wiser and made this a pure webisode.
This is gonna tank on tv so hard. Don't expect your fans to have your back either.
It's like when you didn't watch any more Kevin Smith films after Jersey Girl

QUOTE (Naoko @ Feb 19 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know what it is with some of these production blogs, but Jeremy just seems... Off. He doesn't feel right.

It could turn out that this stuff isn't exactly scripted, so it might not be that. I can't put my finger on it, but it's like he's rushing through his lines. Not quite comfortable or something. It's like when Jeremy starts a new line, he knew exactly what the other guy was going to say and responds automatically and rushed. It's hard to describe.

Hopefully the actual episodes will feel more like the original web series.

Keep it up though, guys!

Honestly can't hear some of the shit he even says. Your dead on. Couldn't follow the conversation with the assistant teaching him how not to suck because he was slurring everything. Fuckin need subtitles imo

Anyway, I knew this would suck, it does suck, I feel bad all these 6 long years of supporting these n00bs. Don't come crawling back, I won't be here. Peace the fuck out.

I'll change my mind if the first ep blows my fuckin mind. I'm not holding my breath. Btw, who's the bitch?

Edited by gonepostl, 03 March 2010 - 09:04 PM.

you say your rub your soft spot when thinkin of me? well add two more fingers and go deeper into your fantasy.

conemme

conemme
  • Banned
  • 9 posts
Bot suspended -Byakugan

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 06 September 2011 - 04:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users