Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mw2 Alternatives

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

JaM3Sd121

JaM3Sd121
  • Members
  • 69 posts

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
I actually haven't had a problem with playing with friends icon_razz.gif
And like that, he was gone.

-CoMMie-

-CoMMie-
  • GA Corporal
  • 536 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:4062
  • Company:Echo
I've had some problems, but not as many as stated on that jpg (though funny as it was icon_razz.gif)
But my clan is also world wide so I'm trying to sync up with Aussies and Europeans a lot of the time... *sigh*

That Nat Type bug is a little annoying though - where it says restricted but then you close the game and steam out and restart and it turns back to Open...
Good Night Sweet Prince.
22 August 2005 - 23 July 2010 -
11 Oct 2010 - ?

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
That jpg was v funny but not entirely accurate. The online service isn't THAT bad.

And just aaah man you're right I misunderstood you when you said you found people in cod4 annoying because they bunnyhopped all the time. I'm glad to know that bunnyhopping means dropshooting to you. You should tell people that before you start talking about it next time. I'd be interested in seeing you kill everyone who drops shotos and that you never do it yourself when it can honest to god save your life and doesn't make you take any extra steps. You play how you wanna play though. I've never seen anyone complain about drop shooting before. I have however been kicked from many cod4 servers for "bunnyhopping" to shoot people with a shotgun which is doubly hilarious.

JaM3Sd121

JaM3Sd121
  • Members
  • 69 posts
meh, i usually play with two other people and 1 out of every 5 lobbies we join one of us gets kicked, random host error, random disconnects, terrible hosts.

you think the iwnet would be able to detect who is the best choice for host instead changing it mid game cuz some guy is on his neighbors wireless hosting a full ground war game

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (-CoMMie- @ Feb 12 2010, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought so..

Was being sarcastic, you're playing a game that rewards the ability to hold w+mouse1; of course your going to think prone is useless because there is absolutely 0 reason to use it in CoD4 when you can just run around spraying mp5/ak with dead on accuracy. Perhaps if you played a decent game that implements prone like DoD, Wolf:ET or BF2 that doesn't cater to no-brainer spam play you would see that.

-CoMMie-

-CoMMie-
  • GA Corporal
  • 536 posts
QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Feb 11 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That jpg was v funny but not entirely accurate. The online service isn't THAT bad.

And just aaah man you're right I misunderstood you when you said you found people in cod4 annoying because they bunnyhopped all the time. I'm glad to know that bunnyhopping means dropshooting to you. You should tell people that before you start talking about it next time. I'd be interested in seeing you kill everyone who drops shotos and that you never do it yourself when it can honest to god save your life and doesn't make you take any extra steps. You play how you wanna play though. I've never seen anyone complain about drop shooting before. I have however been kicked from many cod4 servers for "bunnyhopping" to shoot people with a shotgun which is doubly hilarious.

You really need to work on your attention to detail when it comes to figuring out what people are saying. I called it "Bunny Proning" and related it to being as annoying as Bunning Hopping. No where in my post did I say that dropshooting meant bunny hopping. You made that correlation yourself so instead of basing your rebuttles on assumptions, try reading before you type. Thanks, I appreciate it.

QUOTE (Tree_ @ Feb 11 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was being sarcastic, you're playing a game that rewards the ability to hold w+mouse1; of course your going to think prone is useless because there is absolutely 0 reason to use it in CoD4 when you can just run around spraying mp5/ak with dead on accuracy. Perhaps if you played a decent game that implements prone like DoD, Wolf:ET or BF2 that doesn't cater to no-brainer spam play you would see that.

Really? Sarcastic? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! I love how because I enjoy CoD 4 and MW2, that it means that those are the only games I've played.. I'm surprised you didn't add ANY tactical shooters on there, such as any of the Raibow Six Series, or Ghost Recon that I've been playing long before I got into CoD. I've played the BF series and honestly, got tired of shitty hit registration and lag and I don't really waste my time on free shooters or mods based off the ancient half-life engine anymore..
Good Night Sweet Prince.
11 Oct 2010 - ?

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (-CoMMie- @ Feb 13 2010, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? Sarcastic? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! I love how because I enjoy CoD 4 and MW2, that it means that those are the only games I've played.. I'm surprised you didn't add ANY tactical shooters on there, such as any of the Raibow Six Series, or Ghost Recon that I've been playing long before I got into CoD. I've played the BF series and honestly, got tired of shitty hit registration and lag and I don't really waste my time on free shooters or mods based off the ancient half-life engine anymore..

I love how you listed two series's that have been pretty much dead for 2-3 games. Plus whats not playing many games got to do with thinking prone is a bad thing. Your argument seems to not have anything to do with... Well... Anything.

-CoMMie-

-CoMMie-
  • GA Corporal
  • 536 posts
To name a few
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

and whats coming out

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

I already stated why I don't like prone previously. Read those threads and you'll get my argument. I'm not going to keep explaining myself to every person to lazy to read the previous posts, or too stupid to understand my argument.
Good Night Sweet Prince.
11 Oct 2010 - ?

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
You said that prone caters to camping and supposed "easy kills" on your behalf in CoD4 when in majority of decent games that implement prone... That's not the case. Also just because there has been GR games come out recently and the fact that there's a new one coming out... Doesn't mean they have a player base or are even good games. ^_^

-CoMMie-

-CoMMie-
  • GA Corporal
  • 536 posts
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Feb 12 2010, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You said that prone caters to camping and supposed "easy kills" on your behalf in CoD4 when in majority of decent games that implement prone... That's not the case. Also just because there has been GR games come out recently and the fact that there's a new one coming out... Doesn't mean they have a player base or are even good games. ^_^

I've played all of them (cept for Future Soldier of course) and can vouch they they do indeed have a player base and they are enjoyable to play (However, Graw is a dying game now being the first of the series.)
Just because you still have a hard-on for outdated games like CS:S and Half-Life based games because your computer is too old to play anything else doesn't mean that "unpopular" games aren't good.
Good Night Sweet Prince.
11 Oct 2010 - ?

тαg

тαg
  • Members
  • 1,674 posts
  • Interests:I don't like spies.
Don't give up on the game itself just because of the IWnet. It's by far better then any game ever ever created.

Edited by тαg, 12 February 2010 - 01:23 PM.

Alexc26, You win.
Goodbye Forum.

Wrathgarr

Wrathgarr
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • xfire:theoneandonlywrathgarr
  • Xbox / GFWL:Wrathgarr1
QUOTE (тαg @ Feb 12 2010, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't give up on the game itself just because of the IWnet. It's by far better then any game ever ever created.

Well I'm not giving up on it forever, it is a good game, and I want to like it, however there are things about it, like IWnet for one, and the bugs, exploits, hacks etc. etc. As soon as they fix all that, and implement dedicated servers, I will reinstall it, but for the time being I think I'm gonna try Quake Live or something.
Also, best game ever ever created? I think that's a bit of a stretch, even with the loosest definition of "best".

Edited by Wrathgarr, 12 February 2010 - 02:24 PM.

JaM3Sd121

JaM3Sd121
  • Members
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (Wrathgarr @ Feb 12 2010, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I'm not giving up on it forever, it is a good game, and I want to like it, however there are things about it, like IWnet for one, and the bugs, exploits, hack etc. etc. As soon as they fix all that, and implement dedicated servers, I will reinstall it, but for the time being I think I'm gonna try Quake Live or something.

you realize every single pc fps game has bugs and exploits.

not to mention the bugs/glitches on the pc are actually fixed quite quickly by IW, its getting them to the xbox and ps3 that take longer.

I can't comment on how good iwnet is for the pc, on the xbox 360 its the obvious choice for what they would do and its decent, but too many times I have a 10 minute ordeal trying to get connected into a game with my buddies.

Wrathgarr

Wrathgarr
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • xfire:theoneandonlywrathgarr
  • Xbox / GFWL:Wrathgarr1
QUOTE (JaM3Sd121 @ Feb 12 2010, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you realize every single pc fps game has bugs and exploits.

not to mention the bugs/glitches on the pc are actually fixed quite quickly by IW, its getting them to the xbox and ps3 that take longer.

I can't comment on how good iwnet is for the pc, on the xbox 360 its the obvious choice for what they would do and its decent, but too many times I have a 10 minute ordeal trying to get connected into a game with my buddies.

Of course I realize that, I've been PC gaming for years. Its the fact that there are soo many (I know they're working on it) but I have faith in IW to make it right eventually. PC fixes from IW are implemented faster than they are for consoles because the patches for the console versions are reviewed by third parties, whereas PC patches are implemented right away, so I dunno what I'm really saying here, but perhaps it helps to have more revision before they go live. Anyway that problem, in conjunction with IWnet that makes this game really hard for me to get into. In my past FPS gaming experiences, I've grown (as with many other PC gamers) to love dedicated servers, and for good reason. I've played the game on Xbox 360, and it does work very well, because thats what Xbox Live is designed for, P2P hosting. While there are many people with PC's that are easily capable of P2P hosting, PC's aren't necessarily designed for P2P gaming. But anyway, like I was saying I'll play it again once some of that stuff is fixed.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (-CoMMie- @ Feb 13 2010, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've played all of them (cept for Future Soldier of course) and can vouch they they do indeed have a player base and they are enjoyable to play (However, Graw is a dying game now being the first of the series.)
Just because you still have a hard-on for outdated games like CS:S and Half-Life based games because your computer is too old to play anything else doesn't mean that "unpopular" games aren't good.

Actually I haven't played Source since... Early last year? And TF2 even further back from that, nor have I played DoD:S in quite some time. But hey, nice try all the same. Also that unpopular call was good, but i'm afraid the game I play most is actually a pretty niche one; so you're wrong on that count too.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (-CoMMie- @ Feb 12 2010, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are the dumbest kid I've ever seen.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Feb 13 2010, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are the dumbest kid I've ever seen.

haha. qft.

that guy actually thinks people only play cs coz they don't have rigs capable of playing more recent games..

what about starcraft.. ? hehe

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Let's keep flaming out of your difference of opinions guys. - The Colonel
And like that, he was gone.

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members