Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mw2 Alternatives

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Feb 10 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, would anyone like to agree with me here? Not only can all walls be penetrated in CS, out of the guns that are primarily used, only one 3 can't wall. Also, walling is fairly commonplace in CS, more so than MW2.

There's a video from 1.6 on Train where a CT shoots from lower site to T mid entrance with an AWP and get's a kill. Most rifles can just about fire through an entire map.

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
Assume you already tried (and/or) have these games already: CS (1.6 and/or source), CoD4, QuakeLive, BF2, TF2 - BC2 is something worth looking at - It's waaay better than MW2 could ever be. Heck MW2 makes CoD5:WaW look awesome - well CoD5 was fun to play when it was new icon_razz.gif

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
Still think CoD:WaW was better than CoD4/MW2.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Feb 10 2010, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone who cares about good games should care. I've been playing the Russian version which I totally didn't buy it for about a week or two now. Game fucking rocks the shit out of any new/up and coming release. Shit is so fucking awesome, I recommend it to anyone who's looking for an SP FPS to play (And I would HIGHLY recommend it over Bioshock 2).

Also for MP you should seriously at least try QuakeLive OP.

Looking into this. I assume I should play Shadow of Chernobyl first. Is the prequel one any good?
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
Play SoC than CoP, skip Clear Sky.

JaM3Sd121

JaM3Sd121
  • Members
  • 69 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Feb 9 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously, I understand the hate because of the lack of dedicated servers. But do you honestly think BC2 is THAT much better than MW2? It feels like a watered down BF2. BC2 got a ridiculous amount of PC gamer hype for what it is, and that is "just another Battlefield". It really is nothing new, and actually feels worse than other BF games (1942,1943,BF2).

You know your not playing the full game right? Of course your going to run into people with zero teamwork, but your fucking crazy if your going to tell me cod mw2 has more, I'm on my 4th prestige and people hardly work together, the entire game is about 1 person dominating the fuck out of everyone.

Both are entirely different games, and the full version of bc2 isn't out so I will hold my Judgement.

There's nothing innovative about the call of duty series, its basically a bunch of elements from other FPS games that worked, added it to cod 4 in a arcade type fps game and it worked great.

Edited by JaM3Sd121, 10 February 2010 - 09:38 AM.

w0mbat

w0mbat
  • Members
  • 2 posts
MW2, BC2, CoD4, etc. All of these games are garbage. You need Project Reality.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Feb 10 2010, 05:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a video from 1.6 on Train where a CT shoots from lower site to T mid entrance with an AWP and get's a kill. Most rifles can just about fire through an entire map.

QUOTE (JaM3Sd121 @ Feb 10 2010, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know your not playing the full game right? Of course your going to run into people with zero teamwork, but your fucking crazy if your going to tell me cod mw2 has more, I'm on my 4th prestige and people hardly work together, the entire game is about 1 person dominating the fuck out of everyone.

Both are entirely different games, and the full version of bc2 isn't out so I will hold my Judgement.

I never said that MW2 was a team game. Notice that I said the only time I see people working together is when they are friends and/or clanmates. I've only seen one time in BC2 where the team worked as a team, I doubt that will change that much in pubs when the full games comes out.
And like that, he was gone.

-CoMMie-

-CoMMie-
  • GA Corporal
  • 536 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:4062
  • Company:Echo
MW2 really does target single (as in a unit) player playing style - Smaller maps, smaller teams, quicker playing style, no dedicated servers.

Battlefield BC2 is just refreshing to me because its an updated FPS that can be played with your clan, as a team. That's why I am looking forward to this game.

I like MW2 a lot, it's actually a lot more fun than I expected and I wasn't going to get the game, but my friend talked me into it. But it still frustrates me that it doesn't have Dedicated Servers, so that is why I am looking at the much anticipated Bad Company 2.

And as a side note - Am I the only one that is actually glad that there is no prone? I mean to be honest, if your main playing style is sniper and you're prone then you are a nooblet. sorry, but the only reason you should be laying prone is if your miles away from your target sniping them. Most of the times you are laying prone you either can't see anything because the grass planes are in your scope and you can't see shit, or someone comes behind you while you're too busy camping away in prone to see them.If you are laying prone you can't get up quick enough if someone is rushing you and I often see people laying prone in the middle of a field a lot easier than someone crouching in a bush. But i guess it depends on the game, but to me prone = an easy kill/death. Just don't do it.

Also, with the new phase of "bunny hopping" or should i say "Bunny proning" that we have seen a lot in CoD4 and MW2, I'm even more glad to see that prone has been left out.

Just my thoughts on the subject..
Good Night Sweet Prince.
22 August 2005 - 23 July 2010 -
11 Oct 2010 - ?

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (-CoMMie- @ Feb 10 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, with the new phase of "bunny hopping" or should i say "Bunny proning" that we have seen a lot in CoD4 and MW2, I'm even more glad to see that prone has been left out.

Just my thoughts on the subject..

Um... no one bunnyhops or prones on cod4 or Mw2. Hell it's not possible to bunnyhop and you can't prone unless your'e on the ground...

BF2 was horrific for it though.

I'd prefer prone and it's perfectly ok for snipers or in fact anyone to prone. Doesn't make them a "nooblet" or whatever you want to call them.

-CoMMie-

-CoMMie-
  • GA Corporal
  • 536 posts
QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Feb 10 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um... no one bunnyhops or prones on cod4 or Mw2. Hell it's not possible to bunnyhop and you can't prone unless your'e on the ground...

uhhh... when was the last time you've played CoD4?...

QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Feb 10 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BF2 was horrific for it though.

I'd prefer prone and it's perfectly ok for snipers or in fact anyone to prone.

I guess if you have come to terms with dying more than killing. sure.
Good Night Sweet Prince.
11 Oct 2010 - ?

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (-CoMMie- @ Feb 11 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess if you have come to terms with dying more than killing. sure.

Are you saying prones a bad thing...?

-CoMMie-

-CoMMie-
  • GA Corporal
  • 536 posts
Sorta yea. Out of all the years I've played FPS, prone is the thing I do the least - just because from experience most people die when they're prone.
It's cool to have the option of prone I guess, but it's definitely not a game killer for me and I definitely could do without it..

EDIT: I'm a competitive player when it comes to fps, if I'm not in the top 3, I'm disappointed. So my playing style is to get as many kills as fast as I can, so I'm constantly moving and if I need to chill in one spot, I don't do it for too long and I move from place to place and scope out the terrain. By being in prone, I'm 1.) not getting the kills I want in the amount of time I want, and 2.) it breaks my rule of sitting in one place for too long.

If a sniper is prone in cod 4 and they're aiming at me, all I do is run to the side because they can't adapt to the speed of my run because they're to busy laying on the ground. Prone is just bad period, because you lose mobility and it's pretty sad when all I have to do is run a certain way and then get behind you and stab stab in the back...
Good Night Sweet Prince.
11 Oct 2010 - ?

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
Considering how pathetic the PC section of every gamestop is, it's not surprising that they sell it but don't actually have it in any stores.

Oh well, I ordered it from Newegg last saturday, it said it would take 3 days to deliver, as in it should've arrived by now. Of course it hasn't though. Fuckin' snow storms. I'm having such horrible luck with getting this game, all I want is a legit physical copy! Is that so much to ask!?

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (-CoMMie- @ Feb 11 2010, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorta yea. Out of all the years I've played FPS, prone is the thing I do the least - just because from experience most people die when they're prone.
It's cool to have the option of prone I guess, but it's definitely not a game killer for me and I definitely could do without it..

EDIT: I'm a competitive player when it comes to fps, if I'm not in the top 3, I'm disappointed. So my playing style is to get as many kills as fast as I can, so I'm constantly moving and if I need to chill in one spot, I don't do it for too long and I move from place to place and scope out the terrain. By being in prone, I'm 1.) not getting the kills I want in the amount of time I want, and 2.) it breaks my rule of sitting in one place for too long.

If a sniper is prone in cod 4 and they're aiming at me, all I do is run to the side because they can't adapt to the speed of my run because they're to busy laying on the ground. Prone is just bad period, because you lose mobility and it's pretty sad when all I have to do is run a certain way and then get behind you and stab stab in the back...

>Dont like prone
>"Competitive"
>CoD4

Makes sense...

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (-CoMMie- @ Feb 10 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
snip

Drop shooting is INCREDIBLY important in cod4 which you can only do with prone.

Clearly I haven't played enough cod4 because I must have missed all the people bunnyhopping everywhere when they actually restrict your repeated jumping to STOP bunny hopping. And no you can't prone in in the air so there is no jump proning ;)

Proning doesn't make you at all bad at the game. Your style might be to rush around quick shooting people but honest to go if you don't ever drop shoot I'm majorly surprised, especially as you said you're competitive. Proning to take shots is hardly causing you to die or anything.

Staying prone longer to take sniper shots is just a different style of play to yours. Some people actually enjoy playing the game like that, crazy as it is. And if people can't hit you when your'e in front of them because they're prone? It's not because you're fast at running sideways. It's very easy to hit people when prone before they can move out of the way.

-CoMMie-

-CoMMie-
  • GA Corporal
  • 536 posts
QUOTE (Andrack @ Feb 10 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considering how pathetic the PC section of every gamestop is, it's not surprising that they sell it but don't actually have it in any stores.

Oh well, I ordered it from Newegg last saturday, it said it would take 3 days to deliver, as in it should've arrived by now. Of course it hasn't though. Fuckin' snow storms. I'm having such horrible luck with getting this game, all I want is a legit physical copy! Is that so much to ask!?

From my experience with gamestops when I was trying to get a hold of a pc version of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (god I wish I didn't pay money for that game...) They all basically said that they only carry PC versions of games only if they're pre-ordered, I do all my shopping online now on amazon.com or newegg.com

QUOTE (Tree_ @ Feb 10 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
>Dont like prone
>"Competitive"
>CoD4

Makes sense...

I thought so..

QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Feb 11 2010, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drop shooting is INCREDIBLY important in cod4 which you can only do with prone.

important? or just annoying?

Clearly I haven't played enough cod4 because I must have missed all the people bunnyhopping everywhere when they actually restrict your repeated jumping to STOP bunny hopping. And no you can't prone in in the air so there is no jump proning icon_wink.gif

Clearly, you misunderstood what I was referring to, what you call "drop shooting" is what I mean, and I was comparing "drop shooting" to bunny hopping in it's amount of annoyance.

Proning doesn't make you at all bad at the game. Your style might be to rush around quick shooting people but honest to go if you don't ever drop shoot I'm majorly surprised, especially as you said you're competitive. Proning to take shots is hardly causing you to die or anything.

I don't "drop shoot" because I've learned to just adjust to their "tactic" and just shoot them while they take that extra step to go prone and look like an ass trying to dodge my shots. As long as I can keep my cross hairs on them, I will always be faster than them trying to quick prone shoot me.

Staying prone longer to take sniper shots is just a different style of play to yours. Some people actually enjoy playing the game like that, crazy as it is. And if people can't hit you when your'e in front of them because they're prone? It's not because you're fast at running sideways. It's very easy to hit people when prone before they can move out of the way.

I'm just saying that prone isn't a game killer and is probably not the best tactic unless you are very far from your enemies. I have yet to see an fps where you have that kind of distance on an enemy though, so to me (all enjoyment and preferred playing style aside), prone just doesn't seem really reliable and narrows down your mobility.
Good Night Sweet Prince.
11 Oct 2010 - ?

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (-CoMMie- @ Feb 11 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
important? or just annoying?

I am actually blown away by the brilliance of this argument

Wrathgarr

Wrathgarr
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • xfire:theoneandonlywrathgarr
  • Xbox / GFWL:Wrathgarr1
Well, what does every one think of Aliens v. Predator? Looks pretty promising to me, and the demo is pretty cool, what do you guys think?

-CoMMie-

-CoMMie-
  • GA Corporal
  • 536 posts
QUOTE (Xayun @ Feb 11 2010, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am actually blown away by the brilliance of this argument

If you read my whole post, you'd see my reasons. But as usual, readers knit pick my posts to make them say only what they want to hear

Drop Shooting = Bunny hopping in levels of annoyance. It's lame, I'm not the only one who thinks it's annoying, and I still kill them any way.
Good Night Sweet Prince.
11 Oct 2010 - ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users