Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rose Online: Unoffical Thread

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I'm sorry you'd rather spend your time then attempting to reach an arbitrarily high level cap grinding monsters all day hoping for some sort of rare to drop to sell for tonnes of money just so you can grind better.

Unfortunately it seems you've only played WoW a whole one little time and have misconceptions about the game and all of it's players in general. Everyone seems to think that everyone who plays WoW has their priorities mixed up. While some definately DO, my group I played with was a group of very similar like minded guys who had some damn good times in Ventrilo making jokes, doing funny shit and then meeting up, drinking a few at the bars and having good times as friends. We still raided seriously but WoW was just a game and real life issues took precedence.

It's pefectly alright if you were bored playing for whatever limited time on someone elses account playing a class you probobly don't enjoy. Considering mage is one of the most boring classes to play in my opininon. That and there's 7 other classes that all play very different and uniquely, with very different and varying skills abilities.

You also are missing on one thing all of the KGF's don't have that the big name titles I named have. Lore. Not just some shitty lore some 18 year old wrote while trying to make this game. I'm talking about pages and pages and pages of information, facts, history, future. The lore in WoW alone is more then some book series by now.

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:SurprisedPlanet
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Jan 26 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry you'd rather spend your time then attempting to reach an arbitrarily high level cap grinding monsters all day hoping for some sort of rare to drop to sell for tonnes of money just so you can grind better.

Unfortunately it seems you've only played WoW a whole one little time and have misconceptions about the game and all of it's players in general. Everyone seems to think that everyone who plays WoW has their priorities mixed up. While some definately DO, my group I played with was a group of very similar like minded guys who had some damn good times in Ventrilo making jokes, doing funny shit and then meeting up, drinking a few at the bars and having good times as friends. We still raided seriously but WoW was just a game and real life issues took precedence.

It's pefectly alright if you were bored playing for whatever limited time on someone elses account playing a class you probobly don't enjoy. Considering mage is one of the most boring classes to play in my opininon. That and there's 7 other classes that all play very different and uniquely, with very different and varying skills abilities.

You also are missing on one thing all of the KGF's don't have that the big name titles I named have. Lore. Not just some shitty lore some 18 year old wrote while trying to make this game. I'm talking about pages and pages and pages of information, facts, history, future. The lore in WoW alone is more then some book series by now.

Hmm, I wasn't saying all players take it to seriously, but its obvious that a lot of them do. Also I didn't just play his mage, I've played his high level rouge and hunter (I think thats what the class is called), and I've even played some of the PVP in WoW.

So unlike you, I'm not just judging a game without playing it, I've definately given WoW more than a chance. Everyone enjoys different things, and this doesn't need to turn into you thinking ROSE is shit, even though you've never played it, and making assumptions vs me thinking WoW is shit, where I've played it, and played mutliple classes and different levels...

Infact WoW was so good, that my friend ended up botting half of the levels on all of his accounts, and getting banned. Yet he was still addicted to it, and starting choosing WoW over real life stuff. Theres a reason why theres so many jokes about WoW stealing peoples souls... because people do take it to seriously. Not all of them, but a majority...

Also lore, doesn't really interest me. I find real life history/stories/fables interesting, but not made up, game stuff. I like a game I can randomly play, and have fun for only 20 minutes a day, or grind for as long as I like.

Either way, like I said everyone is entitled to their opinion. ;/
QUOTE (Tree_ @ May 20 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jamie, just go smoke some crack; you'll feel better.

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
  • Company:Gamma
He's got a point though, this game does look shit

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
It does look like shit, but in rare cases (1 out of 300) you may enjoy it.

My 1 out of 300 was Space cowboy Online. Best F2p ever

Edit: After some research I have found out that SCO is now called ACE Online. I thought it was totally dead hehe.

Edited by Eogris, 26 January 2010 - 02:26 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (Eogris @ Jan 26 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit: After some research I have found out that SCO is now called ACE Online. I thought it was totally dead hehe.

I could have told you that. I played it back when it was SCO, and a little recently.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Jamie @ Jan 26 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Theres a reason why theres so many jokes about WoW stealing peoples souls... because people do take it to seriously. Not all of them, but a majority...

Just popped in to say that if you actually believe this, you're an extremely gullible idiot.

The reason why there are so many WoW jokes is because:
A) It's the most popular MMO
B) You only hear about the minority; i.e. the ones who fail to separate game from reality

As for your friend, it sounds like he was in one of those "hardcore" raiding guilds.
There's at least one per server that dominate in high-end PvE. These guys are usually the ones that reach server first every time new content comes out and dedicate an unholy amount of hours to make sure it stays that way.
Notice, usually only about one guild per server. One guild is but a small fraction of any server's pop.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Eogris

Eogris
  • Members
  • 874 posts
  • xfire:eogris
  • PSN:Eogris_
  • Wii:0062259758890805
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Jan 26 2010, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could have told you that. I played it back when it was SCO, and a little recently.

I try not to ask over PP cause of lmgtfy lol.

the tutorial is a snoozefest but the game is still very fun for f2p

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (Eogris @ Jan 27 2010, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

space cowboy was genuinely fun in terms of pvp because i could actually beat people 10 levels above me or more because it has more emphasis on skill rather than level alone. it was like starfox on steroids. it was still a fking grindfest though when i used to play before it got shut down.

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ Jan 26 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just popped in to say that if you actually believe this, you're an extremely gullible idiot.

The reason why there are so many WoW jokes is because:
A) It's the most popular MMO
B) You only hear about the minority; i.e. the ones who fail to separate game from reality

As for your friend, it sounds like he was in one of those "hardcore" raiding guilds.
There's at least one per server that dominate in high-end PvE. These guys are usually the ones that reach server first every time new content comes out and dedicate an unholy amount of hours to make sure it stays that way.
Notice, usually only about one guild per server. One guild is but a small fraction of any server's pop.

Lol, or theres lots of jokes about it, because its true. You can say there all made up, but every online game has jokes about it. Runescapes is the miniclip generation, maplestory is NX whores, and WOW's is peoples souls get stolen. They do show some trurth.

cutie_gamer

cutie_gamer
  • Members
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:mmorpg gaming, fps games, books and tv
omy.rose online!
i never thought to see a topic liek this...^^,nice

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
What? I don't understand.

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
This thread was so long ago, I can't even remember.

Havent played rose in ages, infact all I've played recently is mw2.

Dante2006

Dante2006
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, music, technology
  • Steam ID:hell_dantes
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dante20006
I can't believe that I didn't hear this game went free. This was the game that got me into MMOs back when I was 10-11. I hope thay've changed the game a bit though, I remember playing the NA Rose, and while it was fun, it was shit compared to the iRose beta. God how I miss those servers...

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
QUOTE (Dante2006 @ Apr 2 2010, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe that I didn't hear this game went free. This was the game that got me into MMOs back when I was 10-11. I hope thay've changed the game a bit though, I remember playing the NA Rose, and while it was fun, it was shit compared to the iRose beta. God how I miss those servers...

They changed a fair amount, I done the same, started playing long time ago, then heard it went P2P and thought "what a shame." Then found out it was F2P and started again. Haven't played in ages now though, and even unistalled the game :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users