Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Should I Return It?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

-Envy-

-Envy-
  • Members
  • 11 posts
So i told my mom i needed money for a graphics card for christmas. But she decided to buy me one instead she bought a PNY XLR8 Performance Edition GEForce 8800gt should i use this one or send it back and get something else. Ps i just wanna play css with my clan x.x

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
well it's certianly not BAD, depends on how much she spent on it.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
If you just want to play some source games, then its a keeper icon_smile.gif, If you want to buy a high end videocard like the HD5000 series, you might want to give us specs first: avoid bottlenecks and such icon_smile.gif

-Envy-

-Envy-
  • Members
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Dec 27 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well it's certianly not BAD, depends on how much she spent on it.

She bought it off a guy that she works with. He said if i don't like it he would take it back. But yeah im using it and i must say it gets GREAT fps on the games i play, but i guess it's not to hard to get great fps on cs. cod2 etc.
Also the card wasn't used it was new in box, not sure why he had it.

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
QUOTE (-Envy- @ Dec 28 2009, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She bought it off a guy that she works with. He said if i don't like it he would take it back. But yeah im using it and i must say it gets GREAT fps on the games i play, but i guess it's not to hard to get great fps on cs. cod2 etc.
Also the card wasn't used it was new in box, not sure why he had it.

It could be his spare 8800GT... icon_razz.gif Well its up to you; but again it would be nice if you would tell us your specs as well icon_smile.gif

-Envy-

-Envy-
  • Members
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (ACG137 @ Dec 27 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could be his spare 8800GT... icon_razz.gif Well its up to you; but again it would be nice if you would tell us your specs as well icon_smile.gif

Well this isn't my pc it's the downstairs pc specs are core 2 duo 2.33 ghz 4 gig ram and 500 gig hd not that great as you can see. Im waiting until my birthday to start my build then my budget will be around 900. Still not that great but meh...

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
Well if you can somehow convince your mom to get you a 5870, you could switch up to a core 2 quad or a core i5...

-Envy-

-Envy-
  • Members
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (ACG137 @ Dec 27 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if you can somehow convince your mom to get you a 5870, you could switch up to a core 2 quad or a core i5...

Well the pc im going to build is going to have an i5 or i7 Lynnfield. And lol i don't know if i can get a 5870 out of her right after christmas but we'll see.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (-Envy- @ Dec 28 2009, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the pc im going to build is going to have an i5 or i7 Lynnfield. And lol i don't know if i can get a 5870 out of her right after christmas but we'll see.

If all you're doing is CSS then the 8800 gt is going to be overkill as it is.

To be totally honest you don't really need to get an i7 if that's all you'll be doing, even if you do want to play the latest and greatest games then an i7 is still really not needed just yet. I personally would say save your money, go buy a q6600 or something around that spec and just use it with your 8800gt.

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
QUOTE (Karko @ Dec 28 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If all you're doing is CSS then the 8800 gt is going to be overkill as it is.

To be totally honest you don't really need to get an i7 if that's all you'll be doing, even if you do want to play the latest and greatest games then an i7 is still really not needed just yet. I personally would say save your money, go buy a q6600 or something around that spec and just use it with your 8800gt.

Q6600 died already :| Well if he can find one that would be nice, though I really think going with an i5 for a new setup is a good investment.

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (ACG137 @ Dec 28 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Q6600 died already :| Well if he can find one that would be nice, though I really think going with an i5 for a new setup is a good investment.

Q8400 or Q8200 then icon_razz.gif

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users