Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How Did You Discover Pp?

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

DavronM

DavronM
  • Members
  • 8 posts
My buddy Roman (R.I.P) always humped his monitor when we would go to LAN parties for CS:S. I never knew why.

3 year later, I come across PP at 2AM, 4 hours before school starts. I got sucked into the first episode, ran downstairs to get some baby carrots (one of my fondest memories) and watched every single episode. By the time I was done, I had to leave for school! I was dead tired but I was in love with this series. I even ended up talking like Jeremy by accident. I know I came into much later than most of you, but I know PP is going to be the last great memory of my childhood. Now I'm 18 and in college, life is starting and PP is going to be on a channel I don't have.

I would go back and relive that moment at 2AM dozens of times if I could.

So, how did you discover PP?

embroisured

embroisured
  • GA Private
  • 1,724 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Drunkard Zero
  • Gamer Army ID:3725
QUOTE (DavronM @ Dec 25 2009, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My buddy Roman (R.I.P) always humped his monitor when we would go to LAN parties for CS:S. I never knew why.

3 year later, I come across PP at 2AM, 4 hours before school starts. I got sucked into the first episode, ran downstairs to get some baby carrots (one of my fondest memories) and watched every single episode. By the time I was done, I had to leave for school! I was dead tired but I was in love with this series. I even ended up talking like Jeremy by accident. I know I came into much later than most of you, but I know PP is going to be the last great memory of my childhood. Now I'm 18 and in college, life is starting and PP is going to be on a channel I don't have.

I would go back and relive that moment at 2AM dozens of times if I could.

So, how did you discover PP?

first time I heard about PP I was in school and I overheard one of my friends talking about the show. To me it sounded like he kept talking about this "fps dog" character. After a while I asked him and he told me to check out pure pwnage, and I did. Back then episode 6 had just come out and I watched a few. I didn't get too big into it until a few years later when episode 10 was the newest. Then I was completely obsessed.

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
I was someone who joined after the FPS doug clip showed up on youtube. I think my friend showed me it, and after that I've been watching PP ever since. I can't remember the first full episode I watched though. I'm just assuming it was ep1.

I've got to ponder this a bit more.

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,731 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
I was playing some CS:S one day and someone shouted "Boom! Headshot!" and I didn't think anything of it until he started saying it non-stop. I asked him why he keeps saying it, he explained it was from this show that's on this website and that it had a few episodes out so I went to check them out. First episode caught me, following episodes pulled me closer. My attitude immediatley changed from being slightly-embarrassed about being a gamer, to becoming a braggart. "Hey Timmy! Guess what? I fucking pwned up some Dust 2 last night! WOOT WOOT!"

Yep, I miss the anticipation of an episode and the desire of attending a premier. Sad thing is, I bough my passport so I can drive to the next premier. Now there may never be one icon_sad.gif

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
A friend showed me a clip of FPS Doug on youtube. Thought it was pretty funny, did a bit of research and came across the PP site. Though I dunno what happened from then on. But it was about ow idk..... 5 months? When my mind clicked, vaguly remember the clip and the name so I looked up the clip again for the lols. And from then on started dling all the eps.

I really think the char FPS doug did alot to promote the show. Even though he really only got one big scene that he's famous for.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

pearlsea

pearlsea
  • Members
  • 576 posts
  • Steam ID:Pearlsea
I got shown FPS doug plays CS:S clip on some forum...probably like half the other PP fans.

Lancer

Lancer

Best TF2 Player EVER!

• GA Lieutenant
  • 2,169 posts
  • xfire:lancer2810
  • Interests:American History, Music History, Music, Pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:fa_somewhiteguy
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lancer2810
  • PSN:Lancer2810
  • Wii:2878035184246619
  • Gamer Army ID:2810
  • Company:Hotel
I saw it on an Xfire banner ^_^

QUOTE (CoMMie @ Mar 23 2010, 08:10 PM)
I wonder what kind of big favor he wants.......because I'm not blowing him

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
  • Company:Gamma
in pc gamer magazine. there was a section on xmas gifts and the headshot t-shirt was in there. it had the url of the site but no info about what pure pwnage was.. i just wanted the shirt lol.

eafkuor

eafkuor
  • Members
  • 552 posts
this video:

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
Makes you wonder if PP would be anywhere near as popular or successful as it is today without FPS doug.

rooflez

rooflez
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Nerdbite
When I was a young one, I searched "NOOB" on YouTube.

I got "Teh noob song" and watched it, liking it, and laughing a lot.

When I followed the link to the site, I was up until 4:00 AM watching all the episodes. I was hooked icon_biggrin.gif

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
friend saw me playing css, and showed my episode 8. The rest is history
Come at me bro

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR
  • Members
  • 382 posts
I joined an online gaming community on the basis that they would make me a server admin. I noticed some people in the community acting funny then I realised they were imitating pp.

Edited by CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR, 26 December 2009 - 10:48 AM.

elSpoko305

elSpoko305
  • Members
  • 4 posts
While playing EQ a long long time ago, I was shown ep3.

Never liked the forums tho, so I never joined until they announced the TV show.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (elSpoko305 @ Dec 27 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While playing EQ a long long time ago, I was shown ep3.

Never liked the forums tho, so I never joined until they announced the TV show.

Why does them having a TV show make you want to join the forums? lol

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
I saw the FPS-Doug clip on putfile.... lol putfile.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

BachMcGee

BachMcGee
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • xfire:grreyfox
  • Xbox / GFWL:Marty McCloud
My brother showed me episode one and two, I found them funny but didnt really look into it anymore. Couple of months later my mate showed me episode three, I died laughing and we were pretty much hooked from then on.

-cb_32-

-cb_32-
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,861 posts
  • Interests:Skype: sweank
  • Xbox / GFWL:< PS3
  • PSN:cb_32
  • Gamer Army ID:2372
  • Company:Bravo
i saw the putfile video of fps doug, saw the url and started watching
RIP: Troy Dixon

pickupstix60

pickupstix60
  • Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Just about everything
  • Xbox / GFWL:lol 12 year olds
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
FPS_Doug, brah

Tehwnerer46

Tehwnerer46
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • PSN:fpsdoug46
I heard a kid at my school talking about the phrase "boom headshot" and fps doug. At the time I had no idea what they were talking about so I searched it on youtube like they said and found the fps doug hilarious. Then I went to purepwnage.com and started watching the episodes. I've been hooked ever since. I am very glad I did find the show because if I hadn't, I would've been missing out on a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users