Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Audio Adjustment

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Sev Rith

Sev Rith
  • Members
  • 324 posts
Recently I've been having a problem where changing the volume takes a few seconds to register. This started happening after a bad bout with some spyware. I'm pretty sure it's not a spyware problem because I've ran multiple spyware removing programs and they register fine.

I have a G15 keyboard so I can adjust my volume with a little dial. It also lags when I try to adjust the volume on Youtube.
IPB Image

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Tried reinstalling your audio drivers yet?

It's also very possible that whatever spyware you had caused some permanent damage..

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Sev Rith

Sev Rith
  • Members
  • 324 posts
I've not tried that yet. And now that I think about it, my comp is running slower now, even though I got rid of the spyware that was visible at least. Also, certain programs like the Logitech LCD manager and my Realtek programs aren't starting up when I restart like they should be.
IPB Image

Neojapan

Neojapan
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Steam ID:herr_furzt@yahoo.com
  • Xbox / GFWL:hTp mL
  • PSN:ml5150
when in doubt, reload...
Never let your mind stop you from having a good time!

Sev Rith

Sev Rith
  • Members
  • 324 posts
What do you mean by reload?
IPB Image

Neojapan

Neojapan
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Steam ID:herr_furzt@yahoo.com
  • Xbox / GFWL:hTp mL
  • PSN:ml5150
reload windows. format hd install windows. that is ofcourse if Weiman's suggestion didnt work.

Edited by Neojapan, 15 December 2009 - 08:35 PM.

Never let your mind stop you from having a good time!

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Sev Rith @ Dec 16 2009, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean by reload?

reinstall OS maybe... but thats a last resort.

have you tried restoring your system to a restore point before you had the spyware?

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

Sev Rith

Sev Rith
  • Members
  • 324 posts
Nah I don't really use system restore. I probably should use it more often, but I don't have a good restore point to go back to.
IPB Image

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Sounds like it's time for a good 'ol format and reinstall. don't forget to make backups icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users