Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marijuana Legalization

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ Nov 22 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm guessing you think they should be illegal so people don't hurt themselves. Tell me, why do people who are incapable of taking care of themselves and making informed decisions deserve any measure of coddling? If you get drunk and drive into a tree, good. GOOD. You were a fucking failure and may you die slowly, dumbass. Same for pot, coke, LSD, meth, heroin, whatever your particular poison is, if you can't make good decisions you are no longer capable of taking care of yourself and you should be left alone to off yourself.

Oh yea, i forgot that drunks only ever hurt themselves
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
I see you are unprepared to live in a free society where everyone is able to make their own decisions. Don't drive a car, you might hurt yourself! Don't sit in a chair, you might miss and fracture your tailbone! And on and on and fucking on. The possibility of death is a risk every human must accept if they wish to live in reality. I'm willing to accept responsibility for myself without the government or anyone else taking care of me, and if you aren't, then ban the durgz.
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ Nov 22 2009, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see you are unprepared to live in a free society where everyone is able to make their own decisions.

Other people's decisions affecting me is what i have a problem with.

Edited by Garamiah, 22 November 2009 - 03:20 AM.

QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Nov 22 2009, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think its an either/or situation. Either both alcohol and marijuana are banned or both should be legal, because its stupid banning marijuana when a drug as dangerous as alcohol remains legal. Personally, i think they should both be banned. Additionally, I think hating cops because of marijuana laws is stupid; hate the law, not the one who is paid to enforce it. They're just doing their job and making an (hopefully) honest living like the rest of us.

the difference being marijuana doesn't kill people... at all. There is a reason I think cops who enforce marijuana laws suck, its because they themselves have no idea WHY it is illegal, they just blindly follow the laws given to them; and as sheep, they shouldn't have control.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Nov 22 2009, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other people's decisions affecting me is what i have a problem with.

See above about being prepared to live in a free society. The risk of death is one you must take. Someone might get drunk and drive into you, someone might mug you because they want crack Just get wrist control... Life is nothing more than a series of risks, many of which involve other people's decisions affecting you.
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

Lint

Lint
  • Members
  • 144 posts
QUOTE (ArKonIte @ Nov 21 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the correct answer to that question would be any pharmaceutical item. But in terms of illegal ones..

He thinks pharmaceuticals haven't killed anyone.

*laughs*

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (Lint @ Nov 22 2009, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He thinks pharmaceuticals haven't killed anyone.

*laughs*

he also thinks it's foolish to legalize what he himself described as a wonder drug

*laughs*

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
I also get ridiculously pissed off when I did some research saw how little harm cannabis does and yet it is still illegal. As a medical student myself and having talked to actual doctors who believe that it should be legal this is particularly annoying. Alcohol is extremely damaging and tobacco is as well. As far as I have found out with weed the most damaging thing about it is if you smoke it and the heat of the smoke damage the epithelial cell of your lungs and that is it. It can be taken in lots of different ways which minimise this damage eg eating it in the form of brownies and using vaporisers. The guy who caused quite a big debate over here in the UK about drugs (here is a link if you don't know what I am going on about) actually did the controversial lecture at my university and I wish I could have gone to it. It appears to me that most scientist agree that alcohol and tobacco need much tighter controls and drugs such as marijuana, ecstasy and LSD (the last two being less damaging than the 1st) need to be either legalised or the laws on them relaxed significantly.

Edited by rugmonkey, 22 November 2009 - 02:44 PM.

Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
QUOTE (rugmonkey @ Nov 22 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and drugs such as marijuana, ecstasy and LSD (the last two being less damaging than the 1st)

Huh?

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
QUOTE (Yozki @ Nov 22 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh?

Link

Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (rugmonkey @ Nov 22 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that chart isn't correct.

you're still right though, MDMA and cannabis are about just as harmful as one another. LSD is safer than both of them.

Edited by Emotive, 22 November 2009 - 04:26 PM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Emotive @ Nov 22 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you're still right though, MDMA and cannabis are about just as harmful as one another. LSD is safer than both of them.

LSD's chemical effects may not be harsh, but the psychological effects can be horrible.

side note: has anyone seen logan's run? ECSTASY BOMB
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 22 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LSD's chemical effects may not be harsh, but the psychological effects can be horrible.

well i was speaking purely in terms of physical harm. but you're right, the only harmful effect of LSD is when someone takes it and isn't ready for it psychologically.

speaking physically though: LSD is virtually harmless.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
QUOTE (Emotive @ Nov 22 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you read the paper the scientist drew the chart wrote? A link is in the article.
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (rugmonkey @ Nov 22 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you read the paper the scientist drew the chart wrote? A link is in the article.

i didn't, because i've seen the chart before plenty of times and i already know that it's wrong, so i just closed the tab the moment i opened it.

i'll give it a read though.

(Axion)

(Axion)
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • xfire:axionrising
ITT: a bunch of spoiled white middle-class stoner kids regurgitating statistics in an effort to distance themselves from all the other criminals & drug users

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
QUOTE (Emotive @ Nov 22 2009, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
edit: @TheBase: Cannabis does not increase your chances of getting testicular cancer.

Yes it does. Prove me wrong.

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (TheBase @ Nov 23 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it does. Prove me wrong.

No it doesn't. Prove me wrong.

also, wtf is this? The Weed Thread part 2 or something?

Edited by raw_genesis, 22 November 2009 - 07:55 PM.

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
Here's my evidence. This fact has also been documented by other credible sources (BBC being one of them). Yes, there is a causal link between heavy marijuana use and testicular cancer. It is, however, nothing to freak out about since the chances of getting testicular cancer even if you were a heavy marijuana user is low. 8000 men get testicular cancer every year in the U.S. The survival rate of testicular cancer is very high. Compare that with the 37,000 who die every year in car accidents. But the causal link IS there. You can't deny it.

ArKonIte

ArKonIte
  • GA Corporal
  • 4,622 posts
  • xfire:arkonite
  • Interests:Guitars, Gaming, Music
  • PSN:ArKonIte167
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:167
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Nov 21 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chocolate makes us feel relaxed and prevents a number of cancers (but the link I posted will get to that)

You are comparing chocolate.......... with tobacco? Are you really that desperate for a decent argument?

He's talking about adopting healthy lifestyles, not getting high. He briefly touched on the Cannabinoids found in marijuana. In fact, that's really all he said. Can you elaborate on how the 3 minute video about adopting healthy lifestyles proved me wrong?
People who smoke pot don't live in healthy environments. What a step in the wrong direction.

He also talked about exercising. You smoke weed, correct? When was the last time you exercised?

Contradictory alert.
"Dr. Ornish and colleagues showed that a lifestyle regimen featuring Yoga, meditation, a low-fat vegetarian diet, smoking cessation, and regular exercise could not only stop the progression of CAD, but could actually reverse it"
Smoking cessation. That means.. quitting smoking, right? And we are talking about smoking cannabis, are we not?

Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Because Dr. Ornish definately just supported my argument, furthermore.

Edit: Before you say "lol there is an asteric, that means it isn't right, lol!":

Jiang W. et al. J Clin Invest. 2005 115(11): 3104-16

Edit 2:
Though it seems you'd rather not listen to respected scientists and actual evidence, so you can go ahead and believe what you will, science claims another victory in the war against ignorance.

Hmm, okay, cannabis may help prevent stroke and multiple sclerosis.

Stroke Risk Factors
Did it say something about smoking cessation will help prevent a stroke?

Medic Treatments for MS
How many treatments are there, doh? I see quite a few. If marijuana was legal, it would just be another treatment, adding on to the many that are already listed and are actually proven through experience, not just through test labs across the world.

If you feel you are prone for a stroke, or if MS is known in your family, I suggest getting checked by a medical physician. If you are diagnosed with said unfortunates, I guarantee any doctor will not mention anything about marijuana.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users