Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Marijuana Legalization

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Nov 20 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the most common arrest in Wisconsin is OWI. That has a pretty large bearing on other people's lives...

Who said it was a good idea to drive while stoned? My beef is with possession charges, not OWI's

P.S.

Edited by Dohregard, 02 December 2009 - 03:09 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Emotive @ Nov 20 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fuck you motherfucker.

4 grams is a decent amount of weed. That's how many joints, 8?

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Nov 20 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4 grams is a decent amount of weed. That's how many joints, 8?

doesn't work like that champ.

4 grams of cannabis is nothing and you should in no fashion be applying a "bad news if I catch you with it" mentality to it at all.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (Emotive @ Nov 20 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
doesn't work like that champ.

4 grams of cannabis is nothing and you should in no fashion be applying a "bad news if I catch you with it" mentality to it at all.

considering it is illegal, regardless of what you think, his mentality is fine
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
  • xfire:thewutangclan
Marijuana should be legal in every nation. And this is coming from a person who has never used marijuana.

Why do you guys think it's okay to taze a child? Come on, guys. Corporal punishment doesn't do any good. Yeah, the kid is going to do the dishes if you whip him/her. But is this a constructive way of raising children?

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Emotive @ Nov 20 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fuck you motherfucker.

Mayrijuhwawnuh is serious business.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Nov 20 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who said it was a good idea to drive while stoned? My beef is with possession charges, not OWI's

P.S.

I never said anything about marijuana. You said that "you're impressing laws that don't have any barring on anyone else's life but the person's that you are ruining." Just because you don't agree with some laws (and I agree marijuana should be legalized) doesn't mean you should judge a person whose role in society is very necessary.

edit: also, I don't think any of you have ever been tazed before. It feels a little like a bee sting, but it doesn't really hurt at all shortly after. I'd take that over the chance of lasting physical damage.

Edited by way2lazy2care, 21 November 2009 - 02:43 PM.

SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Nov 20 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
considering it is illegal, regardless of what you think, his mentality is fine

fucking someone over for such a small amount of cannabis is the move of an asshole cop.

if you think that's fine, cool. everyone is titled to their opinion.

to me that's not alright.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (ArKonIte @ Nov 21 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pot isn't legal (nor should it be)

They legalized marijuana. Why can't [insert drug here] be legal too?"

yeah.

no, and no.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
QUOTE (ArKonIte @ Nov 21 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pot isn't legal (nor should it be)

Why? Do you have any reason it shouldn't be? What basis should pot be illegal when tobacco and alcohol are legal?

If they don't, then they aren't properly doing their job and shouldn't be cops in the first place.

which is why they are currently not trusted by me.

If they start letting a few things slide, then eventually they just won't give a rats ass. If they legalize marijuana, then next everyone will start complaining about other drugs. "They legalized marijuana. Why can't [insert drug here] be legal too?"

What other drug has a 0% mortality rate and has many studies PROVING it is actually good for you in moderate doses (and ingested properly)?

Edited by Dohregard, 21 November 2009 - 06:27 PM.

ArKonIte

ArKonIte
  • GA Corporal
  • 4,622 posts
  • xfire:arkonite
  • Interests:Guitars, Gaming, Music
  • PSN:ArKonIte167
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:167
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Nov 21 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? Do you have any reason it shouldn't be? What basis should pot be illegal when tobacco and alcohol are legal?

Tobacco and alcohol are two different things. Alcohol has its many restrictions and consequences if abused.

And why should it be legal? The argument that marijuana cures diseases while it promotes creativity, open-mindedness, moral progression, and a closer relationship with God (or w/e you pray to) sounds incredibly foolish. Particularly when the public image of a marijuana user is that of a loser who risks arrest and imprisonment so that he or she can artificially invoke an endorphin release.

which is why they are currently not trusted by me.

You should get to know the police in your town. They may be ass holes, but they are just people trying to get through every day like you and me.

What other drug has a 0% mortality rate and has many studies PROVING it is actually good for you in moderate doses (and ingested properly)?

Well, the correct answer to that question would be any pharmaceutical item. But in terms of illegal ones..

People arguing that pot is good for you always seem to use the fact that there are "many clinical studies that result in success." It's odd that I can never find any..

Next time you're at the doctor's office, ask him personally what he thinks.

Edited by ArKonIte, 21 November 2009 - 07:01 PM.

(Axion)

(Axion)
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • xfire:axionrising
QUOTE (ArKonIte @ Nov 21 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should get to know the police in your town. They may be ass holes, but they are people just trying to get through every day like you and me.

Agreed. I've known a few city cops and mounties over the years, and they're just normal guys doing what they have to do to put food on their table. Some of them are cool guys, some of them are dicks. It's the same in any workplace. Just because an officer has to participate in a few drug busts over the years, doesn't mean that they necessarily believe marijuana is evil & should be illegal. They don't need to agree with the laws they're enforcing, but they do have to enforce them occasionally. But like I said, it's just a job. The same could be said of someone in the military. Just because they're wearing that uniform, doesn't mean that they buy into the politics. Calling all cops assholes is just as stupid as calling all soldiers baby killers.

BTW often times, it is up to an officer's discretion whether he should enforce the drug laws, just like any other laws. They're not obligated to arrest you just because you've broken a law. If that were the case, police would have to be arresting every prostitute they see on the street, every strung out junkie they see, yada yada yada. A big part of a cop's job is making those judgement calls, and deciding whether or not they're actually making the world a better place by enforcing a certain law.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
@ Axiom: I don't care honestly, I'm not being arrested by a law. I'm not being judged by a law. I'm not holding a gun on a cop telling him to search my car, nor is a law. A law can't prove a cop smelled pot. The cop has full control over this.

Tobacco and alcohol are two different things. Alcohol has its many restrictions and consequences if abused.

Tobacco has undeniably been linked to a multitude of cancers, heart problems, strokes and reduced blood flow to sexual organs (aka impatience). Alcohol has a long standing history of liver disease, brain damage, a number of other huge and permanent side effects.

And why should it be legal? The argument that the drug cures diseases while it promotes creativity, open-mindedness, moral progression, and a closer relationship with God (or w/e you pray to) sounds incredibly foolish. Particularly when the public image of a marijuana user is that of a loser who risks arrest and imprisonment so that he or she can artificially invoke an endorphin release.

You're basing this on what? The fact that you haven't done any research on this yourself? Chocolate makes us feel relaxed and prevents a number of cancers (but the link I posted will get to that)

People arguing that pot is good for you always go to the "many clinical studies that result in success." It's odd that I can never find any..

Next time you're at the doctor's office, ask him personally what he thinks.

Oops, guess you're sources are wrong.

More on the guy who just proved you wrong in one speach

Edit: Before you say "lol there is an asteric, that means it isn't right, lol!":

Jiang W. et al. J Clin Invest. 2005 115(11): 3104-16

Edit 2:
Though it seems you'd rather not listen to respected scientists and actual evidence, so you can go ahead and believe what you will, science claims another victory in the war against ignorance.

Edited by Dohregard, 21 November 2009 - 08:22 PM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Nov 21 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

technically he's not wrong. He's just bad at looking for sources.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
Marijuana is so harmless it makes me angry knowing that it's illegal. How many people died from overdosing on Marijuana? 0. While 1.8 million people die every year world wide from alcohol related deaths and millions more from tobacco. Are there risks involved with marijuana use? Sure. Smoking anything can develop some breathing problems in the long run (but that's what brownies are for) and heavy marijuana use can increase a man's risk of developing testicular cancer. So for those of you who thought that marijuana is extremely harmful, there you have it. But if you continue to think that marijuana is dangerous, then fuck you. And this is coming from a man who loves whisky/whiskey but has never used marijuana.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,928 posts
QUOTE (TheBase @ Nov 21 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and heavy marijuana use can increase a man's risk of developing testicular cancer.

not hard evidence, but then again it only seems to true of people who were smoking a ton when they were a teenager

A group that I am not apart of icon_razz.gif

Edited by Dohregard, 21 November 2009 - 09:54 PM.

TheBase

TheBase
  • Members
  • 1,342 posts
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Nov 21 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chances of getting testicular cancer even if you did smoke heavily are really low. 8000 men get testicular cancer every year in the U.S. According to one study, heavy marijuana use increases your chances of getting testicular cancer by 70%. Well, if the numbers were that low to begin with (8000 is marginal compared to other things like automobile fatalities), a 70% increase ain't shit. Also, testicular cancer has a high survival rate. Shit, eating a lot of red meat can increase your chances of getting cancer. Women are at a slightly higher risk of getting breast cancer if they drink liquor moderately (2 drinks a day). So legalize marijuana and fuck all you haters.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (ArKonIte @ Nov 21 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And why should it be legal?

Alcohol does infinitely more damage than marijuana could ever.

Why shouldn't alcohol be illegal? You actually think that it's foolish to legalize such a benign drug with so many benefits to it? I believe you're the one that is foolish here.

Different people smoke cannabis for different reasons, there are many uses and there are many benefits, some of these reasons are:

- Relaxation
- As a treatment for
* depression
* sleep disorders
* joint and muscle pain
* eating disorders
* stress
* nausea
* anxiety
* chronic pain
* glaucoma
- As a social substance (a much safer alternative to alcohol)
- To stimulate creativity
- Spirituality

The quality of life that cannabis can give to one is amazing. Harm to humans is virtually nil. And it should be illegal?

The typical image of a marijuana user is a loser? It seems to me you know nothing of what you speak and blindly assume that because it's already illegal that it's rightly so. In my eyes that makes you a bit of a loser.

But hey, that's just my observation.

edit: @TheBase: Cannabis does not increase your chances of getting testicular cancer.

Edited by Emotive, 22 November 2009 - 02:59 AM.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
I think its an either/or situation. Either both alcohol and marijuana are banned or both should be legal, because its stupid banning marijuana when a drug as dangerous as alcohol remains legal. Personally, i think they should both be banned. Additionally, I think hating cops because of marijuana laws is stupid; hate the law, not the one who is paid to enforce it. They're just doing their job and making an (hopefully) honest living like the rest of us.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Nov 22 2009, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think its an either/or situation. Either both alcohol and marijuana are banned or both should be legal, because its stupid banning marijuana when a drug as dangerous as alcohol remains legal. Personally, i think they should both be banned. Additionally, I think hating cops because of marijuana laws is stupid; hate the law, not the one who is paid to enforce it. They're just doing their job and making an (hopefully) honest living like the rest of us.

I'm guessing you think they should be illegal so people don't hurt themselves. Tell me, why do people who are incapable of taking care of themselves and making informed decisions deserve any measure of coddling? If you get drunk and drive into a tree, good. GOOD. You were a fucking failure and may you die slowly, dumbass. Same for pot, coke, LSD, meth, heroin, whatever your particular poison is, if you can't make good decisions you are no longer capable of taking care of yourself and you should be left alone to off yourself.
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users