Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Official Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#CaMer0n

#CaMer0n

GA Corporal

• Banned
  • 5,279 posts
  • xfire:Bag
  • Interests:skating
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dip
  • PSN:Tea
  • Wii:Lift
  • Gamer Army ID:214
So i just ordered a copy off ebay, cheapest i could find 35 :/ not bad i suppose. What are your thoughts on the game?

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Singleplayer looks alright for a play through, multiplayer looks horrid.

Death's Embrace

Death's Embrace
  • Members
  • 436 posts
So does this mark the end of your holy crusade against MW:2?
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Sep 14 2008, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The amount of failure you have just produced could power New York for 3 days...

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Death's Embrace @ Nov 10 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So does this mark the end of your holy crusade against MW:2?

What holy crusade? Anything i've ever said about the game is specifically aimed at the multiplayer for the PC version when compared to previous games in the series and/or other games in general. I'll still probably give it a rent for 360 just to smash out the SP.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Nov 9 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Singleplayer looks alright for a play through, multiplayer looks horrid.

I haven't been able to enjoy a CoD single-player since CoD2 (and even then, it was a bit off). Regenerating health takes away most actual danger, making everything feel superficial and not important to the outcome. It's also too linear.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Myth

Myth
  • Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:1234567890qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Nov 10 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't been able to enjoy a CoD single-player since CoD2 (and even then, it was a bit off). Regenerating health takes away most actual danger, making everything feel superficial and not important to the outcome. It's also too linear.

you play CoD single player for the epic scenematic-like atmosphere... there really isnt a SP FPS which manages to pull it off as well. you cant tell me that you didnt feel some parts of CoD 4 and 2 didnt feel epic. also, i just like knifing in CoD 4...

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Myth @ Nov 10 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you play CoD single player for the epic scenematic-like atmosphere... there really isnt a SP FPS which manages to pull it off as well. you cant tell me that you didnt feel some parts of CoD 4 and 2 didnt feel epic. also, i just like knifing in CoD 4...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R was here; it want's you to play it.

Bboboo

Bboboo
  • GA Private
  • 1,348 posts
  • xfire:Bboboo
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bboboo
  • PSN:Bboboo
  • Gamer Army ID:3400
QUOTE (Myth @ Nov 9 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea getting hit by a mortar when you least expect it (or something to that effect). Everything slows down. Your on the ground. You see soldiers getting owned. Someone helps you up. Sound isn't muffled anymore. Go kill whatever is shooting at you.

Not trying to be a downer. It works for the CoD franchise, but it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Don't get me wrong I loved CoD4's single player and I'm sure MW2 is gunna be that times 10. But I can honestly wait till the game is marked down in price to play what I have been playing since 2004

Slinky

Slinky
  • Members
  • 1,466 posts
  • Steam ID:frosticle
  • PSN:slinkytoyou
Just finished single player and I have to say its pretty amazing.
Kinda felt like after they got a nuked dropped on them in Cod4, everything in mw2 is a step back.
But very very good none-the-less.

Edited by Slinky, 10 November 2009 - 04:12 AM.

QUOTE (BearHugger @ Jan 10 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont respondd cause i have a life my girlfriend came over and she sucked me off

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
From the reviews I've read and seen this is gonna be a must have rent!
Or um, must rent...

Will rent!!

Though the multiplayer does look kinda fun... icon_razz.gif

Anyone given it a go? Much of an improvement over cod4? Like is it more or less the same old or has that refreshing feel to it?

Edited by liquidicevi, 10 November 2009 - 06:23 AM.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (#CaMer0n @ Nov 10 2009, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So i just ordered a copy off ebay, cheapest i could find 35 :/ not bad i suppose. What are your thoughts on the game?

Cancel your order, bro.

You need to hit up Currys: nobody goes to them because they sell for 45, but nobody knows they do price match + 10% off the difference. Hence, you'll be getting the game for 24.10. I've reserved a copy for me and a friend, and i'm casually rolling there in a second. Note that i'm NOT getting up at midnight or 8:30am, and i'm getting it for basically 10 less than the Asda buyers and 2 less than the Sainsbury's buyers!

Thank me later, haha!!!

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
  • xfire:cky852k
  • Steam ID:cky852k
  • Xbox / GFWL:jojo852k
  • PSN:jojo852k
  • Gamer Army ID:153
QUOTE (Mantrousse @ Nov 10 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cancel your order, bro.

You need to hit up Currys: nobody goes to them because they sell for 45, but nobody knows they do price match + 10% off the difference. Hence, you'll be getting the game for 24.10. I've reserved a copy for me and a friend, and i'm casually rolling there in a second. Note that i'm NOT getting up at midnight or 8:30am, and i'm getting it for basically 10 less than the Asda buyers and 2 less than the Sainsbury's buyers!

Thank me later, haha!!!

holy crap.. does currys even still exist lol. wish i'd known that earlier. i preordered if from GAME.. got free courier delivery so i suppose thats nothing to complain about. still cost me 40 quid though even after my points card.

inst1nct

inst1nct
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Andrew Rosati
It's against all of my morals, and I cancelled my pre-order, but my friend convinced me I should buy it for the 360 to fool around on it with my friends.

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
QUOTE (inst1nct @ Nov 10 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's against all of my morals, and I cancelled my pre-order, but my friend convinced me I should buy it for the 360 to fool around on it with my friends.

doo it.. you'll feel dirty.
but a good kind of dirty lol

Edited by j-tak, 10 November 2009 - 08:23 AM.

#CaMer0n

#CaMer0n

GA Corporal

• Banned
  • 5,279 posts
  • xfire:Bag
  • Interests:skating
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dip
  • PSN:Tea
  • Wii:Lift
  • Gamer Army ID:214
QUOTE (j-tak @ Nov 10 2009, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
holy crap.. does currys even still exist lol. wish i'd known that earlier. i preordered if from GAME.. got free courier delivery so i suppose thats nothing to complain about. still cost me 40 quid though even after my points card.

Man you never go to GAME... just never man... come on... man... so expensive

Xayun

Xayun

Wisest Poster '09

• GA Private
  • 2,732 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2492
My XBL gold's ran out so if I wanted it I'd have to pay for a new subscription too. It's helped my decision to not buy it until it's cheap

QUOTE (j-tak @ Nov 10 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
still cost me 40 quid though even after my points card.

GAME's reward card points are shite, I spent 300 on a PS3 bundle and only got 10 in points. Cheers guys, really making that points scheme work for me

j-tak

j-tak
  • GA Private
  • 1,328 posts
QUOTE (#CaMer0n @ Nov 10 2009, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man you never go to GAME... just never man... come on... man... so expensive

i know, when will i learn.. ah well.

tbh though couple of mates work there so i end up going there all the time anyway.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Bboboo @ Nov 10 2009, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea getting hit by a mortar when you least expect it (or something to that effect). Everything slows down. Your on the ground. You see soldiers getting owned. Someone helps you up. Sound isn't muffled anymore. Go kill whatever is shooting at you.

Dude. The story lines in MW/2 were both pretty awesome. It's also got near perfect pacing and gameplay differences through different parts of levels. The experiences are just all around epic, and the way it does narrative in an action based FPS is really unlike anything we've seen before.

More power to you waiting for the game, but your complaints are stupid. You could complain about any game in similar fashion and they'd sound just as generic.

space saving edit:

Has anyone noticed how much teammates in SP talk? I find it incredible how much they communicate and how relevant the stuff they say is. Bad guy locations etc are all shouted out consistently and accurately.

Edited by way2lazy2care, 10 November 2009 - 02:24 PM.

SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Nov 10 2009, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What holy crusade? Anything i've ever said about the game is specifically aimed at the multiplayer for the PC version when compared to previous games in the series and/or other games in general. I'll still probably give it a rent for 360 just to smash out the SP.

Good lord you're a genius! I'd completely forgotten the option of renting. Definitely wasn't gonna buy it after all the shit stuff for pc but I can just rent it for 360 for the sp goodness.

Cure

Cure
  • Members
  • 1,698 posts
  • Steam ID:Cure_IMR
QUOTE (Mantrousse @ Nov 10 2009, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cancel your order, bro.

Thank me later, haha!!!

This is very true, and applies to PCWorld. Probable abit late but one thing you should know is they only price match if the other shop as stock so tell them to check every sainsburys and they'll probable just give in. Also Morrisons is selling it for 25 icon_surprised.gif

Back to the game.

First off I wanna say I've never played a game which felt like this, you can just tell the makers of the game love what they do. Anyways my sisters husband bought and has been playing it all day. I'll admit this game is absolutely brilliant in nearly every aspect. The SP is really intense and offers loads of different things you can do (grappling and knifing someone is fucking quality!!!). One thing I really didn't expect is the how the game somehow managed to bring some of my emotions into it and at one point I was proper gutted at what happened (no not the airport scene). Talking of airport scene I must admit that bit is very intense and for a brief moment you do have empathy even though its just a game (btw did it remind anyone of the movie Munich?). Graphics arent out of this world but they will more then do (not that I care about graphics). If anyone hasn't read after the SP theres also a Special Ops mode which is like challanges from being stealthy, to getting across a bridge and even being a copter blowing fuck out of people and you know what the best thing is? Theyre co-op, offline and online and I havn't even played them all yet icon_sad.gif The whole control system and overall feel of the game is pretty much the same as CoD4 which I thought was very good, the only changes are they've improved every thing just that little bit more. There's also a FUCKTON of weapons, like 10 scopes for every weapon thermal scopes, heartbeat monitor's its insane and they're all available online icon_surprised.gif The MP has the same formula from the last one once again with everything improved (my opinion), they've included even more random shit so fans of CoD4 will be happy.

There I'm gonna stop there, personally though EVERYONE should play this game even if it just the singleplayer. Btw I can see the same happening with competetive play that happened to CoD4, all the spam and shit and I think this game should just be public play not for competition.

Way2lazy2care:
I thought the way my team reported all enemies, said how they had low ammo/changing clips etc was very impressive.

To anyone who HAS played the SP:
Were you like WTF/gutted when Shepherd killed Ghost/Roach? I thought that was really harsh and I personally thought it was more thought provoking/emotion gripping then alot of movies out there.

Edited by Cure, 10 November 2009 - 05:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users