Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Borderlands

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
Anyone else played Borderlands yet?

I was really surprised with this... I thought it would just be another RPG that came out but it is actually quite fun and very interesting.

To me, it's like Fallout 3 (but it guides you at first, instead of putting you in the open world and saying "lol figure it out yourself") with XIII's graphics, only better of course.

Apparently most PC owners have been having trouble with it but I haven't had any problems icon_confused.gif

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
Couldn't get co op to work until we used GameRanger (which is a gay name for a program).

Only managed to play it once co op, and my only character is level 10 now. But when I joined my friends game some of my skillpoints just fuckin dissapeared, and I dunno how to get them back.

Level 10 with only 4 skill points GG. Even tried resetting them but it still only gave me back the 4.

I really quite like the game so far too but it's just a little bit of a cockslap

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
Ive seen a few vids of it and stuff and it does look awesome, looks much better than Fallout 3, there are over half a million weapons icon_razz.gif Sadly its 30 on steam and im saving up for a new PC so i don't really wanna buy although it does look awesome, i will defiantly get it once i get my new PC, or unless someone wants to buy it for me icon_razz.gif

a1its

a1its
  • Members
  • 389 posts
Beat it on both playthroughs as a siren. It was good fun, but after you beat it there is nothing to unlike diablo 2 so that kind of sucks.

lolcrica90

lolcrica90
  • Members
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:plays guitar.
yeah pretty much no point playing this game after second playthrough, only to trade it in for something new.

still fuckloads of fun but.

Edited by lolcrica90, 28 November 2009 - 07:50 AM.

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Me and my brother are co-ping our way through the game... it's pretty fun, but we always argue about who gets the better loot.

Edited by raw_genesis, 06 December 2009 - 10:24 PM.

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
Me and my friend tried coop through everything and it wouldn't work /sigh

Whiskerz

Whiskerz
  • Members
  • 2,870 posts
  • xfire:Whiskerz
  • Interests:Games, Basketball, Lifting.
  • Steam ID:Whiskerz777
  • PSN:Whiskerz
QUOTE (TWINTURBOSkyline @ Nov 1 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me, it's like Fallout 3 (but it guides you at first, instead of putting you in the open world and saying "lol figure it out yourself") with XIII's graphics, only better of course.

You are joking right?
Fallout 3 holds you hand the whole way through the game!

On topic:
I was going to get borderlands but i decided agaisnt is cause i heard that for the first while you only kill the same things...A LOT.

Neojapan

Neojapan
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Steam ID:herr_furzt@yahoo.com
  • Xbox / GFWL:hTp mL
  • PSN:ml5150
i love the game so far. i havent tried co op yet, i have just been going though it single player.

QUOTE (Whiskerz @ Dec 8 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are joking right?
Fallout 3 holds you hand the whole way through the game!

fallout 3 forced you to explore if you wanted to do any quest off the main story line while borderlands has all the side quests right there for you
Never let your mind stop you from having a good time!

sG Core asheS

sG Core asheS
  • Banned
  • 573 posts
yeah FO3 does guide you through the entire game almost shooting you straight through without even needing to do any sidequests to be decent at the game, but from what i've heard (i havent played just coming from forums and friends thoughts) you almost have to do the side's in BL to have a decent character..

i'm planning on getting BL pretty soon and i'll have more to contribute, but i loved FO3 even with it's almost linear story line..
I'm Teh Best Mayne...I Deed It!! Eli
Leader of Eur Gunna Lose Gaming. [egL]
Watch It!

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
I'm buying this and L4D 2 with christmas money, looks really fun and different icon_biggrin.gif

inex.

inex.
  • Members
  • 232 posts
i have an ati 4800 gfx card. and like A LOT of other ati owners i have the game randomly crash after about15 mins of play. this shit is pissing me off now.
i heard about nvidia ppl having crashes too now.

anyone else have these problems? and atm theres no fix (i havent found one yet) but im looking.
if you hav a fix POST IT PLEASE!!!! i love this game but cant play it

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I have an Nvidia 8800 and my bro has a 9800 and neither of us has had this problem.

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:frostfenix
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
I played through the game, last few missions with friends, but the ending basically ruined it for me, waste of my money since I'm never touching that game again.

Aiming for the top ~ working to be the best.

BabyNinjaJesus

BabyNinjaJesus
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:some of my interests include shooting stuff lik in games but in RL i play soccer indoor soccer and basketball but in games wher it really counts i like 2 play L4D,COD4,TF2,CSS and sometimes Half-Life 2
I've bought it quite recently and was having a great time with it until I went to go and play the multiplayer, I can't figure out how to install this patch! Help please!

the_sniper

the_sniper
  • Members
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, rugby
  • Steam ID:big_pwner
  • Xbox / GFWL:StuntGorilla
i dont really like it, its fun, but the guns seen pretty UP compared to who your fighting lol

also, all you really do is talk to someone, then spend 30 minuites running through a tunnel shooting midgets and topless men
;3

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
QUOTE (the_sniper @ Sep 8 2010, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also, all you really do is talk to someone, then spend 30 minuites running through a tunnel shooting midgets and topless men

lol'd

I kinda liked it, but I rather play my other games, I'll get around to it eventually since my brother insists we play all the time.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma

http://www.geek.com/...rlands-2010098/

More DLC coming out, very much looking forward to this considering I just lost all my save files for the third time and will have to relevel. icon_biggrin.gif

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
I bought this the same weekend a friend did (so we could co-op) and he loves it but it bored the shit out of me once I reached new haven. Him and his brother-in-law both agree the ending is shit.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users