Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[pc] Borderlands

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

UDP

UDP

Most Helpful Member '09 | The Community Contributor

• GA Private
  • 5,320 posts
  • xfire:XUndeadPersonX
  • Wii:3868004744953407
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
  • Gamer Army ID:3683
  • Company:Bravo
Games like these are pretty much always more fun with more people though. Although I still have fun playing D2 by myself, so I'm sure I wouldn't mind playing this alone when I inevitably pick it up.

helpfulh.jpg
Sig1.jpg

Yeah, he doesn't understand. It's not your post count, it's MAKING YOUR POSTS COUNT!

Pwnage101

Pwnage101
  • GA Sergeant
  • 2,133 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1080
  • Company:Alpha
it's harder by your self other then that it's boring solo

Andrack

Andrack
  • GA Private
  • 2,037 posts
  • PSN:Andrack64
  • Gamer Army ID:1202
  • Company:Kilo
QUOTE (Hellswarm @ Oct 29 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw, that was one of the lamest boss battles ever, he just stayed back and sniped the eyes out while it threw flaming pigeons at him. Seriously.

You think that's lame? When I fought him, he just stood there. He didn't attack or anything.

It was very disappointing since he was the most advertised boss. I remember seeing pics of him before the graphical facelift.

Edited by Andrack, 02 November 2009 - 02:28 AM.

Death's Embrace

Death's Embrace
  • Members
  • 436 posts
The box art is made of win but still not nearly as much as Serious Sam HD ofcourse.
QUOTE (Dohregard @ Sep 14 2008, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The amount of failure you have just produced could power New York for 3 days...

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
I just finished completing this on PC with my friend (I was the Siren, he was Brick). We got to about level 35 before getting to the ending boss where the cap is level 50. It's a fun game, don't get me wrong, but I sure as hell wanted to get my money back for this game the second the credits started to roll. Utterly, utterly disappointed with the game's ending.

I'm not going to give any spoilers away, that's what Googling stuff can be for, but if I had the chance to play the game for two whole months without having to be within 1000 zones of that ending, I'd take up the offer in an instant. I've read that more info will be explained to the players via DLC/Expansions, but if I have to sit through and pay extra money just to get some sort of redemption for the ending, I think I'll pass. I also found that there was no real need to venture out looking for weapons when I could just load my save, spam two loot crates in New Haven, exit and reload my save and receive a full array of Legendary-quality items in under an hour. Cash was irrelevant, most upgrades were irrelevant because of this, and I stuck with Tranfusion 'nades throughout the entire game, I had no desire or need to go for more damage, if anything it would be for fun, except when stuff could be one-shot, it's kinda hard to enjoy yourself.

In addition to this, I felt like the jumping in order to get items for quests and being stuck inbetween obstacles was incredibly sketchy, and sometimes it felt like I had accomplished something by pure luck as opposed to skill, one of the bosses I could simply snipe for the kill rather than zerging my way through hoardes of enemies.

All in all, a polished turd, I wouldn't have given it a 6/10 at the very most overall. There was SO much that could have been tweaked or explained in depth or made to feel more epic than was explained in evasive interviewing techniques or just stated "Oh yeah, don't worry, it's on the way guys, just pay us even more money."

gg Gearbox. =(

Edited by Spowis, 02 November 2009 - 06:55 PM.

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

retrovirus

retrovirus
  • Members
  • 830 posts
  • xfire:r3troviru5
  • Interests:sc2
QUOTE (UDP @ Nov 1 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although I still have fun playing D2 by myself

awwww.

Edited by retrovirus, 02 November 2009 - 08:34 PM.

Pwnage101

Pwnage101
  • GA Sergeant
  • 2,133 posts
QUOTE (Spowis @ Nov 2 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
snip

.... you played the two horrible classes you get a second run through to get to 50, enemies are your level weapons to, spawn rates are faster and the enemies get a lot tougher, spawning more bigmotha, and Elemental versions "Hardened shock alpha skrag" are a total bitch to kill.

you seam to have stolen all the fun out of this game and shoved it up your ass then shat it out and polished it yourself. icon_smile.gif have a good day.

Spowis

Spowis
  • GA Private
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:FPS.
  • Steam ID:spowis
  • Xbox / GFWL:smpowis
  • PSN:smpowis
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:4794
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Pwnage101 @ Nov 3 2009, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snip-snap

I think you misread what I was getting at. Firstly, class choice is down to personal preference, I never bitched about the character classes once, and to be quite honest with you, it was very irritating to see that online, everyone that had randomly joined our game was 9/10 times, a Soldier; which to me just felt like was a FotM class. I would not be interested in playing the game through for a second time on the sheer basis that it would feel more like an MMO grind over everything else, and I could still quite happily kill an enemy with a level 13 revolver towards the latter parts of the game for sheer lolz, why I'd force myself to do that when I could just pick up a different game and quite happily enjoy it is beyond me.

TLDR - Justify arguements before side-swipes and poor grammar before mashing your face onto the keyboard in order to make a terrible response. Good day to you sir!

Left_4_Dead_Signature_by_Sitic.png

Pwnage101

Pwnage101
  • GA Sergeant
  • 2,133 posts
QUOTE (Spowis @ Nov 3 2009, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you misread what I was getting at. Firstly, class choice is down to personal preference, I never bitched about the character classes once, and to be quite honest with you, it was very irritating to see that online, everyone that had randomly joined our game was 9/10 times, a Soldier; which to me just felt like was a FotM class. I would not be interested in playing the game through for a second time on the sheer basis that it would feel more like an MMO grind over everything else, and I could still quite happily kill an enemy with a level 13 revolver towards the latter parts of the game for sheer lolz, why I'd force myself to do that when I could just pick up a different game and quite happily enjoy it is beyond me.

TLDR - Justify arguements before side-swipes and poor grammar before mashing your face onto the keyboard in order to make a terrible response. Good day to you sir!

never said you bitched about classes just said you picked the two bad ones icon_smile.gif, *sigh* well it's you choice i guess ill go in and buy up your used copy from EB and give it to a friend

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
Brick owns that's who I'm playing through with

AAAAAAAAGHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab uppercut*

Kazzerax

Kazzerax

FUCK!

• Retired Staff
  • 4,859 posts
  • xfire:kazzerax
  • Interests:Counter-Strike, Chess, computer hardware, music, literature, film and philosophy.
  • Steam ID:kazzerax
  • Gamer Army ID:764
QUOTE (Pwnage101 @ Nov 3 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
never said you bitched about classes just said you picked the two bad ones icon_smile.gif, *sigh* well it's you choice i guess ill go in and buy up your used copy from EB and give it to a friend

Spelled seemed wrong :<

Also, the game is alright but I'd never play it if not for the co-op. I mean yeah..loads of guns, but it isn't like they're all really different or something. ROF, accuracy, damage, elemental damage, how many bullets it fires at once, and then nothing. The guns in CS:S have more variety for me tbh.
Kazzerax
MOTHERFUCKING ENTITY OF THE WORLD
A PORTION OF GLORIOUS THOUGHT
ELECTRICITY SHAPED TO REASON
FORGED THROUGH THE FIRES OF LIFE
BROUGHT TO BEAR ON CHAOS TO IMPOSE WILL UPON AN UNCARING AND INDIFFERENT UNIVERSE
TO FORGE FROM NOTHING, SOMETHING
Beautiful

Utttand4

Utttand4
  • Members
  • 2,859 posts
As an RPG, i felt the game lacked depth: You have too much money to spend, skills can be re-allocated, leveling is too easy and the character classes arent diverse enough (only 1 primary skill per class).
However, as an FPS-RPG, Borderlands is very unique and enjoyable. I played the Siren and i disagree with whoever said it was a bad class. Her phasewalk and melee abilities allow the player to close in on the killing. Dazing enemies and slaughtering them in close quarter combat is far more exciting than sniping enemies from a safe distance. I also like how the game toggles quest difficulty based on your level. Approaching quests that are 1 or 2 levels higher than my character level can be pretty intense.

Edited by Utttand4, 12 November 2009 - 11:13 AM.

QUOTE (Jarett @ Feb 17 2008, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think console shooters suck balls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users