Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Empire Game

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Mav

Mav
  • GA Private
  • 46 posts
  • xfire:mavgeek
  • Interests:science fiction. mmo's, rts's
  • Gamer Army ID:4647
  • Company:India
applied for beta, hope i get in

Matas

Matas

SQUAD ONE - Team Member

• Members
  • 1,993 posts
  • Interests:Science <br />Music<br />poontang clan aint nothin to fuck with
Eh.. I've attempted to sign-up twice, each time it brings me to a screen that says ''UGH .. Error''
Freshly Cut - www.myspace.com/freshlycutmusic

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:RedElite14
  • Xbox / GFWL:Brenner14
  • PSN:RBrenner
  • Wii:7811616637693823
  • Gamer Army ID:101
QUOTE (Matas @ Oct 27 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh.. I've attempted to sign-up twice, each time it brings me to a screen that says ''UGH .. Error''

I keep getting the same problem. "Ugh" is right.

pwnisher

pwnisher
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Is vasectomy gonna be the boss? Probably spelled that wrong huh.

Naoko

Naoko
  • Members
  • 353 posts
QUOTE (Danoli3 @ Oct 26 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the art style is awesome! Looks so good and is perfectly balanced.
The mountains are out of focus... Are they out of focus when you look at them IRL from a distance?? icon_razz.gif

The Empire Game is so fun to play, and with friends in your team makes the game so epic! ;D!

Sh!t I have turns waiting...

It's not intentionally out of focus or blurry. It may seem that way, but I'm fairly certain it's just the way it has been digitally painted. Basically, it's either a deliberate style and the artist didn't wish to refine it any further, or he / she was just too lazy.

Either way, the backdrop painting itself is rather nice. If I was asked to critique the overall news post image, I'd probably agree with Bilge on a number of things - but I haven't. And to be honest, it's really pedantic of him to pick fault with it, considering it may not have any other purpose than to make this news post a little more colourful.

Chill Bilge.

Not keen on the website though. Labelling any part of a website as "start page" is just bad in general. The site feels rather void overall - but I've been putting that down to a lack of being able to see the main game. Maybe they should consider placing a flash placeholder where the main game would be, matching its dimensions. Could help make the site more visually appealing, even in the BETA stage.

To be honest, any problems I have with the site itself I've already put down to the game being incomplete and the whole thing in BETA.

Instead of critiquing it with words, I've made a mock up of some improvements that I would personally enjoy. It's nothing amazing - and it's certainly not any kind of implication that "this is what they should do". But here it is anyway:

(Bigger version here)

I felt the black void was a bit much - and the logo in the middle could be gently pulsating or something.

It's quick, messy and I'm no expert - but maybe it will inspire. Maybe the entire website is a placeholder and maybe I just wasted some time icon_razz.gif. Either way, I don't mind haha. Maybe, just maybe, people like Bilge will be happier with some of the "improvements" I'd personally go for icon_smile.gif.

EDIT: I also keep getting the registration error.

Edited by Naoko, 27 October 2009 - 01:34 PM.

lifecoach

lifecoach
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Yeah that's great, make a fucking episode man.

Killswitch571

Killswitch571
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Video Games<br />Girls<br />Sports<br /><br />That's really about it..
  • Steam ID:nigel509
  • Xbox / GFWL:Killswitch571
  • Wii:4596-9430-4703
HOLY POOP
SO EXCITED

ChaosJester

ChaosJester
  • GA Colonel
  • 2,269 posts
  • xfire:theavatar2005
  • Steam ID:theavatar2006
  • Xbox / GFWL:PPGAChaosJester
  • Gamer Army ID:583
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (Naoko @ Oct 28 2009, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
snip

Mock up looks good, I agree that the black is kinda dull. However... I play the game mostly at work so things that look as inconspicuous are the best icon_razz.gif

fs_pc.png
019epg-4.png

Naoko

Naoko
  • Members
  • 353 posts
QUOTE (ChaosJester @ Oct 28 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mock up looks good, I agree that the black is kinda dull. However... I play the game mostly at work so things that look as inconspicuous are the best icon_razz.gif

Maybe an "inconspicuous" mode? icon_razz.gif

Edited by Naoko, 28 October 2009 - 09:48 PM.

krazykaveman

krazykaveman
  • GA Private
  • 374 posts
  • xfire:Krazykaveman
  • Interests:Programming, Overclocking, College, Personal Fitness.
  • Steam ID:Krazykaveman
  • Xbox / GFWL:Krazykaveman
  • PSN:Krazykaveman
  • Gamer Army ID:4602
where are the lazer tanks?
Blargh

Redux

Redux
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Im sure this has already been addressed, but smurfing is gonna be the problem with this game. Besides that -- it's really fun.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (Redux @ Nov 5 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im sure this has already been addressed, but smurfing is gonna be the problem with this game. Besides that -- it's really fun.

Welcome to the forums. icon_smile.gif

mefoo33

mefoo33
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Really do not know where to exactly post this as I can not log on to my account, but I am not able to sign in. I click login, and the infamous Ugh... Error screen appears. Any helpful ideas?

~mefoo33

Bilge

Bilge
  • Members
  • 67 posts
QUOTE (b0niK @ Nov 10 2009, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Imagine something super awesome, then some duche making a simple kiddy version remake that every1 hates, empire is that game.
Compare sim city 4 to sim city societies, the empire game is sim city societies.

> Implying Sim City 4 was good.

zakizdaman

zakizdaman
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • xfire:zakizdaman
  • Interests:VIDYA
  • Steam ID:Profasir
  • Xbox / GFWL:Zakizdaman
  • PSN:Profasir
hey is it just me, or is this game just like Wargames 2.0? IF so, then im going to rape the beta LOL
Edit: not to be a douche or anything or cocky but wargames i was in the top 150. And, this game seems VERY similar, same units and land and conquring and stuff like that

Edited by zakizdaman, 07 December 2009 - 06:36 PM.

"Koreans like to take starcraft into their own every day life, where the good south koreans (protoss) and the bad north koreans (zerg) are always fighting, and then the neutral USA (terran) Sits there and watches in amusement, doing absouletly nothing to help solve the issue."

Intravenous

Intravenous
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Lesson for hater nubs who wouldnt know the first thing about making anything on a computer other than a folder.
Code > Graphics @ start.

Nice start, good to see the website is slowly seeing some additions icon_smile.gif
Wish I could play more myself, but more an action junky, need lots of real time moving etc. icon_biggrin.gif
Maybe itll grow on me?

Keep up the great work guys, cant wait to see the show!

IV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users