Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World Series Championships

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

reaper234

reaper234
  • GA Sergeant
  • 974 posts
  • xfire:reaper211
  • Interests:Games, lol
  • Steam ID:majortom26
  • Xbox / GFWL:The Weatherman1
  • Gamer Army ID:2238
  • Company:Kilo
The Dodgers never said, "no", so it's not technically rape.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
I HAVE THE PHUCKING PHEVER!
And like that, he was gone.

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

PHILLY

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
OH SHI-
Go Philly

Edited by Intraframe, 22 October 2009 - 12:48 AM.

Come at me bro

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
  • xfire:danielhall1993
  • Steam ID:pwnoob
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pwnoob93
  • PSN:vodka-n-chicken
  • Gamer Army ID:4712
  • Company:Gamma
Lets go Yankees!!!

Should be able to take this 4th win without no trouble... and hopefully win our 27th title icon_wink.gif

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
What is with foreigners and the Yankees. Anyways, repeat. RE-PEAT.

R

E

P

E

A

T

Edited by The Colonel, 22 October 2009 - 03:03 AM.

inst1nct

inst1nct
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Andrew Rosati
I hope the Phillies don't completely squash the Yankees.
I want it to be at least a little interesting,

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
QUOTE (inst1nct @ Oct 22 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope the Phillies don't completely squash the Yankees.
I want it to be at least a little interesting,

lol. You mean the other way around? Yankees were the best main-season team so...icon_biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Colonel @ Oct 22 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is with foreigners and the Yankees. Anyways, repeat. RE-PEAT.

R

E

P

E

A

T

What the fuck is that supposed to mean!? 'What is with foreigners and the Yankees'

It's got jack all to do with that. I might live in the UK but who cares. I prefer american sports (ie. basketball, baseball, ice hockey and american football) to english sports. It's not just a yankees thing either. I'm an all-new york fan, ie. New York Jets, New York Rangers, New York Yankees etc. etc. etc.

And what the hell would you know about foreigners? For the record most people in the UK support the Red Sox not the Yankees. Most of them hate the Yankees actually.

Screw the Phillies!
Lets go Yankees!

Edited by Pwnoob, 22 October 2009 - 08:09 AM.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ Oct 22 2009, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol. You mean the other way around? Yankees were the best main-season team so...icon_biggrin.gif

Because regular season means so much, right?

I don't like any of the teams. I wish a city with decent fans was still in this.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ Oct 22 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the fuck is that supposed to mean!? 'What is with foreigners and the Yankees'
It means the majority of foreigners support the Yankees, a WIDE majority, when it comes to baseball.

It's got jack all to do with that. I might live in the UK but who cares. I prefer american sports (ie. basketball, baseball, ice hockey and american football) to english sports. It's not just a yankees thing either. I'm an all-new york fan, ie. New York Jets, New York Rangers, New York Yankees etc. etc. etc.
Lol Jets.

And what the hell would you know about foreigners? For the record most people in the UK support the Red Sox not the Yankees. Most of them hate the Yankees actually.
UK is the only foreign country?

QUOTE (cadetduke @ Oct 22 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because regular season means so much, right?
This. *cough* Cardinals *cough*

I don't like any of the teams. I wish a city with decent fans was still in this.
Woh there, wait a fucking minute. DECENT fans? You better be talking about manners and manners only, because if you are saying Phillies phans aren't decent, you best check yourself boy.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Oct 22 2009, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woh there, wait a fucking minute. DECENT fans? You better be talking about manners and manners only, because if you are saying Phillies phans aren't decent, you best check yourself boy.

I've been to Philly before, they're the douchiest bunch of people I've ever come across...next to Cubs fans. I wasn't even there for a Cards/Phils game, I was there for a convention and the Phils were playing some other team. But because I had a cards shirt on they all heckled. Look up the worst fans in baseball, you're beloved Phillies will almost always be mentioned. Oh, and how about the laser pointer incident earlier this year? Yeah, great fans.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Oct 22 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been to Philly before, they're the douchiest bunch of people I've ever come across...next to Cubs fans. I wasn't even there for a Cards/Phils game, I was there for a convention and the Phils were playing some other team. But because I had a cards shirt on they all heckled. Look up the worst fans in baseball, you're beloved Phillies will almost always be mentioned. Oh, and how about the laser pointer incident earlier this year? Yeah, great fans.

Worst fans? Sure, we are rude. We Philly fans are notorious and PROUD! Again, we may not have manners but we are great fans. Also, you've obviously never been to New York. Mets fans are the worst, ever.

Edited by The Colonel, 22 October 2009 - 09:08 AM.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Oct 22 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Worst fans? Sure, we are rude. We Philly fans are notorious and PROUD! Again, we may not have manners but we are great fans. Also, you've obviously never been to New York. Mets fans are the worst, ever.

Mets are mentioned in most lists also. You might be fans of your team and your city but your not of the game and great fans enjoy the sport, not just if their team is winning.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Oct 22 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mets are mentioned in most lists also. You might be fans of your team and your city but your not of the game and great fans enjoy the sport, not just if their team is winning.

Alright, hold the fuck up. If you're going to say because of a few incidents that Philly fans aren't fans of baseball, I am going to just have to say you are at the level of JimRaynor. Clearly you know nothing about Philly, because for all the insults we may give to our teams when they're down, we still support them. If Philly fans were just fair-weather fans, then tell me how there were ANY Philly fans in the tough years we've had since 1980? I've played baseball since I was a child, I've been a Phillies fan since before I was able to talk, don't go saying because I am a fan of the Phillies and other Philly teams that I am not a fan of the sport. Fuck you, seriously.

Also, if you are going to go and not only insult EVERY fan of one city's teams but also imply that they don't love the sport, YOU are a "douchey person". Shit, if everyone in St Louis is as big of a douche, Cardinal's fans must really fucking suck and not love the sport. See how great sweeping attacks and generalizations are?

Edited by The Colonel, 22 October 2009 - 09:54 AM.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
Like I said, look up the worst fans in baseball. You even said you don't have manners.

Oh and I mentioned one incident with the laser pointer, but how about throwing batteries at J.D. Drew?

If you want to compare me to Jim then I can start posting like him if you wish.

Forbes listed Phillies fans in their top 5 for least loyal last year: http://www.forbes.co...thisSpeed=15000

Great respect in this article: http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=1625926

or how about cheering for Michael Irvin when he could have broken his neck? http://sportsillustr...philly_fans_ap/

What makes Philly fans so foul? More than any other sports city -- even New York -- Philadelphia is known for fans who can be rude, raucous, passionate and sometimes, way out of bounds.

"I couldn't believe they cheered when Michael Irvin got hurt," said Donovan McNabb, the team's No. 1 pick who was nearly booed off the stage by Eagles fans attending the draft. "You don't know what to expect from them."

Michael Zellman, an 18-year-old fan from Philadelphia, said he won't attend Eagles games anymore.

"If you're not wearing the right jersey, you're guaranteed to get beat up," Zellman said.

Fans are so rowdy that a municipal judge holds court during games to charge offenders on the spot.

"If I want to go to a game, I go to another city. I go to New York or Baltimore," said a 78-year-old fan who insisted on not giving his name. "I don't want my name to go on anything that has to do with this city, the way these people act."

Maybe I should have said worst fans in general.

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts

reaper234

reaper234
  • GA Sergeant
  • 974 posts
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ Oct 22 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WELL DUH

Everyone hates the yankees

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Oct 22 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said, look up the worst fans in baseball. You even said you don't have manners.

Oh and I mentioned one incident with the laser pointer, but how about throwing batteries at J.D. Drew?
While throwing things at players in general is bad, JD Drew was also a greedy SOB. To quote my dad just now "The JD Drew case was unusual, he refused to consider playing in Philly out of greed.
Therefore, some drunks abused him soooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 - I abhor all drunks everywhere and think drinking alcohol in any amount or kind should be banned
at all major league sports.

2 -JD Drew isn't defendable either, given his greed and arrogance coming out of college,
unproven at MLB level and demanding more than he should get while moaning about
Philly not being contenders"

If you want to compare me to Jim then I can start posting like him if you wish.
You mean posting opinions and claiming them as fact? Alright then icon_biggrin.gif

Forbes listed Phillies fans in their top 5 for least loyal last year: http://www.forbes.co...thisSpeed=15000
We're listening to Forbes? About baseball?

Great respect in this article: http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=1625926
Don't even try to say that A) Theft only happens here B) That it happens commonly and C) That this is the first time anywhere people have stolen something as memorabilia.

or how about cheering for Michael Irvin when he could have broken his neck? http://sportsillustr...philly_fans_ap/
Cheering when they saw that they had shut down one of the best receivers of all time in their house. Noone knew the extent of his injury, shit most people expected him to come back that season. Not to mention,

Maybe I should have said worst fans in general.
Again, if you are going to make sweeping generalizations, the Cardinals must have a really shitty following if every one of them is like you.

So if we are going to be stating opinions as facts: http://sports.espn.g...=jackson/081030
How could anyone not want something good to happen for the Philly fans, at the expense of those mentioned above? It can't go both ways.

Or can it? The beauty of being a fan in Philadelphia is that loyalty is a two-way street, and they exercise that loyalty to a fault. When I witnessed Philly's reaction to hometown anti-hero Kobe Bryant winning MVP of the NBA All-Star Game (Bryant was booed unmercifully), I began to understand the depth of these fans' passion.

It took a friend of mine from North Philly to explain it: "We'll put on all of the Philly paraphernalia, and we ride or die with our teams unlike any other city. But at the end of the day -- or the end of a game -- we'll call you a bunch of [expletives] if you don't win or we think you didn't put out a serious effort to win. See, we are the city where we can talk bad about our own teams, but no one else can."

So now that the Commissioner's Trophy is officially in the Phillies' possession, how can we answer the question of what Philly fans deserve without separating them from the city's teams and players who have earned the right to a championship?

Easy. You simply look beyond the facade and stereotype of how the Illadelphia fans are portrayed and discover who they really are. Did you hear them during the three Series games played at Citizens Bank Park? Did you see them? Did you pay close attention to those fans throughout these playoffs?

There was honest joy in their screams and euphoria in their misinterpreted faces as white rally towels swirled 45,000 strong on every two-strike, two-out pitch. Their passion surpasses that of fans of every city or team in the past 20 years. There was no pretension (L.A.), no obnoxiousness (Boston), no fickleness (Florida Marlins, Heat, Dolphins, choose one). Just straight concupiscence. It's a love (not hate) thing. How could you not want something good to happen for them?

That's why this World Series -- if we are to answer the original question honestly -- couldn't have happened to a greater collection of fans. They deserve it. Damn what people say about them, and damn how the world sees them.

reaper234

reaper234
  • GA Sergeant
  • 974 posts
^That

see you at the parade colonel!

inst1nct

inst1nct
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Andrew Rosati
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Oct 22 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fuck you, from a New York Yankees fan.

QUOTE (The Colonel @ Oct 22 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol Jets.

icon_sad.gif don't laugh at us dcolon.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users