Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who Here Is Upgrading To Windows 7?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Protocol

Protocol
  • GA Private
  • 2,932 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ant Venom
  • Gamer Army ID:4402
Just more or less curious, because I've been using RC1 since it came out, and it works like a charm. Unlike the Vista Beta 1 and 2, and RC1, Windows 7 hasn't had any major hiccups since I began using it.

I'll probably be sticking the beta out a little while after release, but when I have the spare cash, I'll throw down the 200$ or w/e it is for the official upgrade.

Who else is gonna be upgrading come the release?

QUOTE (UDP @ Apr 13 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he just pwned him like when you pwn a pokemon, they never die, they just faint

inst1nct

inst1nct
  • Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Andrew Rosati
Maybe, one day.
But I still use XP and I won't be buying a new computer anytime soon, so upgrading OS can wait.

tyler1451

tyler1451

GA Private

• Banned
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Gaming.
  • Steam ID:[PPGA]SpookyCupcakes
  • Gamer Army ID:1807
  • Company:Bravo
No, because I already have XP.
QUOTE (Shadowstar @ Nov 5 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell me that a year from now.

QUOTE (Raven* @ Jul 12 2008, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RUN! THE COCK IS A LIE!!!111

QUOTE (Cure @ Jul 23 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S. Tyler I want your babies.

QUOTE (Yoski @ Jul 20 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deleting the recycle bin would create a time padarox and a black hole

QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Jul 22 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How you all can fill 13 pages of discussion talking about each others willies is beyond me :P

QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jul 22 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There will never be a "best movie of all time". I'll be damned if I let some douche piece of shit tell me what they say is the best movie of all time. The Godfather has been #1 on IMDB for as long as I can remember and I fall asleep through the movie every time I try to watch it. I have yet to see the whole movie in one sitting. The "best movie of all time" would have to be a movie where the majority of the people agree with calling it that. I never see this happening so the "best movie of all time" will always be an opinion.

QUOTE (The Colonel @ Jul 21 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a little off topic, but why the fuck do you have to be a fanboy? Why can't you just play games for the sake of playing games? By saying "LULZ NO CONSOLES R 4 N00BZ LOLOLOL" you are missing out on a lot of great games. A great game is a great game despite the platform it is on.

Smokey

Smokey
  • Members
  • 3,394 posts
  • xfire:smokeymcfuzz
i will be upgrading, only because i want to utilize 64 bit on a more stable operating system than XP.
sup

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
I've been using 7 as my main OS since RC1.

I have retail installed right now, didn't pay a penny for it.

I also just got 32-bit and 64-bit in the party pack I'll probably never open, unless I feel the need to install ultimate...which I don't.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

7h3 n00b m4573r

7h3 n00b m4573r

Best HW & SW Contributor 08 & 09

• CCA
  • 9,600 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dont like
  • PSN:Completely detest
  • Wii:Cant afford
Using RC1 ATM, have a genuine copy of retail through MSDNAA, just need to get around to installing it.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Metabox P170 laptop
i7 3610QM 2.3GHz
4x4GB RAM
256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
nVidia GTX675M

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Fuck yes I will. Been running the Beta and RC for a pretty long time now and I'll probably be able to get it really cheap.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
  • xfire:b1ohaz4rd
  • Interests:Music, Bass, Gaming, Girls, Audio Engineering.
  • Steam ID:2xdead
QUOTE (7h3 n00b m4573r @ Oct 14 2009, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Using RC1 ATM, have a genuine copy of retail through MSDNAA, just need to get around to installing it.

Did you get yours for free via MSNDAA?

And yeah i've been running it since Beta, will be installing it when I can be fucked getting it via MSNDAA like 7h3 n00b m4573r, even though I already have a full RTM copy of Ultimate.. But it's not legit lol.. Me and cracked operating systems don't usually go down well..
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio | R.I.P Paul Gray

Beefcake

Beefcake
  • Banned
  • 556 posts
Running 7 since RC, on Retail Professional right now, love it.
Removed. - The Colonel

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
Getting mine through MSDNAA icon_smile.gif Its Professional though but it gets the job done icon_smile.gif Might buy an ultimate one soon though; I need the language packs.

ChaosJester

ChaosJester
  • GA Colonel
  • 2,269 posts
  • xfire:theavatar2005
  • Steam ID:theavatar2006
  • Xbox / GFWL:PPGAChaosJester
  • Gamer Army ID:583
  • Company:Pi
Using retail Enterprise x64, so far so good.

fs_pc.png
1782822.png

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
  • xfire:1337lucz0r
  • Gamer Army ID:2256
Already running on the Pro RTM 64-bit of Windows 7 due to having a free license to MSDNAA (Computer Games Programming student at the moment).

Personally? I love it, I love the fact that it has such amazing driver support, that it installs all of my machines drivers without me even having to insert a CD.

Admittedly, with my laptop it struggles with the likes of the TV tuner and something else that it's not giving me the name of, but I can only imagine that's because there's currently no Win7 drivers out for them at the moment.

Things I do appreciate about the operating system though is essentially the efficiency. On first boot, I was incredibly suprised to see the small amount of system processes running in the background. I've also adjusted to the interface quite quickly, and it's sort of annoying me how the mac-fags are saying it's a copy.

Because I really couldn't care less.

But yeah, I was a WinXP fanboy up until I decided to give this a chance. There really is alot to appreciate with this.

Lithaerien

Lithaerien
  • GA Private
  • 9 posts
  • xfire:krellen
  • Gamer Army ID:4771
  • Company:Mu
Windows 7 works like a charm for me especially since I'm running the 64bit version. XP 64bit did not like my machine one bit. But Microsoft is crazy. Win7 is barely out now they are speaking and have concepts out there for Windows 8.

Protocol

Protocol
  • GA Private
  • 2,932 posts
Bought 7 Ultimate KEY for 20 bucks.

It looks legit, smells legit, and the auction has been up for a few days. I bought this, and activated my copy with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=280406805708

If it's not legit, throw me a PM, and ill get it as an email, or a mod can remove the link. I don't see anything illegal about it though.

I think he just pwned him like when you pwn a pokemon, they never die, they just faint

Kipzz

Kipzz
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,107 posts
  • xfire:luziferdeville
  • Interests:WoW, CoD4, EvE Online, Minecraft, whatever takes my fancy.
  • Steam ID:ppgaluzifer
  • Gamer Army ID:3590
  • Company:Pi
I'll be looking for some kind of free copy of Home Premium asap...Vista + laptop = pain no matter how good the laptop is (its damn good but I'd still like to free up the processing power because I'd prefer maximum efficiency).

I've heard nothing but praise for W7 and am looking forward to it immensely. Almost as much as Assassin's Creed 2 and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (but not as much as Modern Warfare 2 lol).
QUOTE (Whiskerz @ Apr 23 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried talking to a woman once, but it glitched and didn't give me any conversation options.

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I'm still running Vista on my main PC but I'm running 7 on my other pc (that I use for testing shit) and it's been running very well...

Only reason I have not installed it on my main PC is because I'm probly gonna do a complete format and clean install when I do it, but I'm not ready for that yet.

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

Gamer_Tyler

Gamer_Tyler
  • GA Private
  • 577 posts
  • xfire:tukimoshi
  • Steam ID:tukimoshi
  • Gamer Army ID:3732
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Oct 13 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been using 7 as my main OS since RC1.

I have retail installed right now, didn't pay a penny for it.

I also just got 32-bit and 64-bit in the party pack I'll probably never open, unless I feel the need to install ultimate...which I don't.

You could always mail them to meeeee icon_biggrin.gif

But yeah, I'll probaly buy Windows 7 when I get my new computer (Hopefully in the next month).

Should definitely have it by Christmas. icon_biggrin.gif

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:Bacheezi
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bacheezi
  • Gamer Army ID:4419
keeping vista till I build my next PC, which will probably be in a few months.

Protocol

Protocol
  • GA Private
  • 2,932 posts
QUOTE (Lowkee @ Oct 14 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
keeping vista till I build my next PC, which will probably be in a few months.

but..but.....but...vista sucksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ACG137

ACG137
  • GA Private
  • 1,402 posts
  • xfire:acg137
  • Interests:Pwning Philippine noobs<br />Airsoft
  • Steam ID:acg137
  • Xbox / GFWL:ACG137
  • PSN:alv_atgo
  • Gamer Army ID:2874
  • Company:Phi
Guys just curious since we're on the topic of windows 7. I'm getting mine from MSDNAA so...:

I'm taking up computer science so will it be safe if i use a 64 bit OS for my programming purposes? From what I know some compilers don't work on 64 bit, on top of that is that support for windows 7 isn't that available yet.

Also, I don't think I'm allowed to get 2 windows 7s (1 32 bit and 1 64 bit) so I really don't know which one I should get....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users