Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nhl 2009-1010

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
Predictions, etc.?

Blues beat Detroit yesterday 4-3, and are up 4-3 right now going into the 3rd. Detroit's PK was horrible last year, and in the first two games they've given up 3 so far. Helps my Blues but I thought that was supposed to be a major focus for Detroit this year.

Edit: Make that 4 PP goals given up in the first two games. Blues up 5-3.

Edit: Blues win 5-3 icon_biggrin.gif
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I don't know. It's far far to early to tell man. I do like how Toronto lost both of their games so far.

I'm pleased Montreal has won both of theirs, but they need to do it in regulation ffs.

Also good thing to see Detroit lose two games aswell. I can't stand the Red Wings.

Colorado seems to be doing okay for itself too, maybe they wont have goalie troubles because Budaj is nothing more then a glorified backup.

This year, I'm expecting big things from Chicago, if Huet can step up and be a phenominal goalie. He's good, but sometimes.. An maybe their back up, that Finnish guy can do well too, after his first career shutout in Finland. Hopefully he'll be good on confidence and will have a good year.

Teams I want to see win this year: Montreal, Chicago, Colorado. Let the games begin.

Dohregard

Dohregard

Master Dohbator

• GA Private
  • -32,927 posts
  • xfire:dohreguard
  • Steam ID:dohreguard
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dohregard
  • Wii:209737188728753
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
  • Gamer Army ID:3070
BREAK IN THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM!!!!

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
We had one of the worst starts of the season and we still ended up winning our two first games. Hopefully they can wake up and start playing as if they've been playing for 5 years. I have lots of trust in Montreal's team this year. I'm also expecting big things from Chicago like most people are.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
  • xfire:danielhall1993
  • Steam ID:pwnoob
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pwnoob93
  • PSN:vodka-n-chicken
  • Gamer Army ID:4712
  • Company:Gamma
Yeah. 2 disappointing losses for the Red Wings. But i was discussing this with someone and they said you cant expect the Red Wings to play well every season...and this year they've lost a few players...

For me, i'm a New York Rangers fan, the opening 3-2 loss against Penguins away wasn't too bad considering it was the game in which Pittsburgh raise the Stanley Cup banner.... Meanwhile a decent win against Ottawa icon_wink.gif Next game is against New Jersey Devils; they were the top team in the Atlantic division last year but we'll have to see how things turn out this year.

As for who will win the Stanley Cup this year....well....i think it's too early to tell....we'll just have to see how things go early in the season:D

Edited by Pwnoob, 04 October 2009 - 12:31 PM.

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
  • xfire:jimraynor1
  • Interests:Starcraft<br />Korean girls<br />French girls<br />Black girls<br />Spanish girls
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Oct 3 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Predictions, etc.?

the Maple Leaf defense is still vulnerable to speed despite all the high priced additions made in the off season.
The shoulder is a very complex joint and there is no guarantee Phil Kessel will come back 100%. Boston made an excellent move trading him.

Eric Lindros was siphoning money away from the NHLPA during his time as "Ombudsman" and Paul Kelly was about to figure that out.
That is why Paul Kelly was fired as NHLPA executive director.

Dave King and Dave Tippett are way better coaches than Wayne Gretzky and this gives the beleaguered Phoenix Coyotes franchise a legitimate shot at the playoffs.
Gretzky was over rated in general.

Detroit will be substantially worse.

Its impossible to tell who will win the Stanley Cup until you see who is healthy at the end of the season. With this being an Olympic year there will be plenty of injuries before the playoffs; there will be lots of injured Canadians at the end of the Olympics. You'll see scorers like Sydney Crosby throwing himself in front of slap shots during the Olympics. Additional injuries because lots of Canadians will be doing stuff they shouldn't do during the 2 week Olympic Tournament.
Usually a group of Canadians is the "glue" of a Stanley Cup champion.

those are my "NHL insights".

Edited by JimRaynor, 05 October 2009 - 11:09 AM.

QUOTE (James Madison @ Aug 25 1781, 11:48 AM)
If Tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
QUOTE (Pwnoob @ Oct 4 2009, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But i was discussing this with someone and they said you cant expect the Red Wings to play well every season

Yes you can, it's the Red Wings. You'd have to go back to 1990-1991 to where they had their last bad season. They've only missed the playoffs twice since 1983-1984.

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft<br />Korean girls<br />French girls<br />Black girls<br />Spanish girls
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Oct 6 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes you can, it's the Red Wings. You'd have to go back to 1990-1991 to where they had their last bad season. They've only missed the playoffs twice since 1983-1984.

that's basically because Jimmy Devellano got a leadership position within the Red Wings in the early eighties.
If the upper management of the Red Wings undergoes a big change they might not be as good.
http://en.wikipedia....i/Jim_Devellano

If Jimmy Devellano retires the Red Wings will have a hard time turning 25th over all draft picks into star NHLers.

There is no "Red Wing mystique" its all just Jimmy Devellano.

Edited by JimRaynor, 06 October 2009 - 03:50 PM.

If Tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • xfire:lewdis65
  • Interests:Video games and soccer
  • Steam ID:lewdis65
  • PSN:Lewdis
Calgary @ Edmonton, 4-3... Calgary's winning goal in the last minute of the 3rd period made me facepalm

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
QUOTE (Lewdis @ Oct 6 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Calgary @ Edmonton, 4-3... Calgary's winning goal in the last minute of the 3rd period made me facepalm

here is what i think is the ultimate facepalm for an Edmonton fan...

I went to the Leaf game tonight...
BORING...
The Leafs are a slow lumbering bore trying to bully their opponents....
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

i liked the Leafs when they had Pat Quinn and Mats Sundin... the team played with passion...

Edited by JimRaynor, 06 October 2009 - 10:23 PM.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
QUOTE (JimRaynor @ Oct 6 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here is what i think is the ultimate facepalm for an Edmonton fan...

I went to the Leaf game tonight...
BORING...
The Leafs are a slow lumbering bore trying to bully their opponents....
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

i liked the Leafs when they had Pat Quinn and Mats Sundin... the team played with passion...

Edmonton has bad luck with players with the last name Smith:

watching todays game and the last one, I'm not liking the team this year, you'd think the giant coaching staff would be able to do better

EDIT: wow didn't expect them to comeback and win it, too bad it's a shootout but better than a loss

Edited by eedok, 06 October 2009 - 11:15 PM.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
Flyers are off to a good start. Makes me happy. I also got to laugh at pissed off Hurricanes fans.

Edited by The Colonel, 06 October 2009 - 11:15 PM.

And like that, he was gone.

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
Yeah, I was surprised that they ended up winning against Dallas too.

Pwnoob

Pwnoob
  • GA Private
  • 849 posts
  • xfire:danielhall1993
  • Steam ID:pwnoob
  • Xbox / GFWL:Pwnoob93
  • PSN:vodka-n-chicken
  • Gamer Army ID:4712
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Oct 6 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know. Its the exact reason that they've only missed out on the play-offs twice that you know having a bad season isn't surprising. They can't win them all ;P

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts

if Viktor Stalberg continues to cross the opponent's blue line with 2 defensemen in proper position and his head down... like he does in this video...
his career will end quickly after a series of head injuries.
he was pulling this crap in the pre season... and i've seen him do this in college...

once an NHL defensemen lines you up in his bomb sites and he has another defensemen in position to back him up its "gg no re"

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
wow oilers fail. their last game made me facepalm hard.

oilers winning 3-2, 1.5 seconds left in the 3rd period and Calgary score and then they lose in a shootout

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
The last Oilers game was epic though, amazing to see the Oilers come back from 4 - 1 to win it 4 - 6

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
lol oilers almost blew it again. they lucked out
Come at me bro

tehRaptors

tehRaptors
  • Members
  • 300 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mx3x
  • PSN:tehRaptors
Phil Kessel has rejuvenated the Leafs!

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
Colonel, did you watch the Blues/Flyers game tonight? Some of the worst officiating I've ever seen.

The Blues need to fucking get rid of Brewer. He shouldn't be on the team, he sure as fuck shouldn't be the captain. He's one of the worst Defensemen there is. I was at the season ticket holder exclusive QA with John Davidson this preseason and a fan was even ballsy enough to ask him why and if Brewer was still Captain when Tkachuk is the one that leads the team. He said that Brewer is the one that will stay as Captain. Since his return the Blues have scored 2 fucking goals (which includes the 1 tonight) in Brewers 4 games back. The Blues dominated last season when Brewer got hurt in December.

180 points in 626 NHL games and a +/- of -95. Great stats you piece of shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users