Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lich King A 5 Man Dungeon

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
http://www.worldofwa...p3/icecrown.xml

Maybe it'll be just a fight and not THE fight, but I hope we don't kill it in a stupid 5 man dungeon <.<

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Yozki @ Oct 1 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.worldofwa...p3/icecrown.xml

Maybe it'll be just a fight and not THE fight, but I hope we don't kill it in a stupid 5 man dungeon <.<

maybe it's the most epic 5 man dungeon EVER
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
Doubt they would be stupid enough to make it a 5 man.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
I wouldn't. I mean, the game is catering to retards and casuals already. It's just another step. icon_rolleyes.gif

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
Anyone who thinks you actually kill him is a fucking retard. You'll probably take away like 2% of his health and then he summons adds for the rest of the fight or some shit.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
http://www.mmo-champ...set-blue-posts/

relevent bit

Patch 3.3 Information
We're preparing some information to share with you about patch 3.3. You'll just have to stay tuned for that. I can say though that the five-player dungeon portion of Icecrown Citadel is absolutely epic and essential to the unfolding story of the Lich King and your battle to end his wrath.

We're carefully designing three separate wings of a sprawling five-player dungeon -- the largest we've released in a long time -- precisely so that a majority of our end-game player base can take part in an epic experience. You'll see plenty of significant areas, heroes, and foes in Icecrown Citadel without having to set foot in the raid.

[...] The five-player dungeon is completely separate from the raid dungeon. It's not a five-player version of the same content.

so presumably the 5 player encounter wont end in the lich kings death, since you just know he's going to be the boss of the raid that's mentioned.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Oct 1 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't. I mean, the game is catering to retards and casuals already. It's just another step. icon_rolleyes.gif

Boo-fuckity-hoo

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Pwnage101

Pwnage101
  • GA Sergeant
  • 2,133 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1080
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Mighty_Chives @ Oct 1 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.mmo-champ...set-blue-posts/

relevent bit

so presumably the 5 player encounter wont end in the lich kings death, since you just know he's going to be the boss of the raid that's mentioned.

he'll probably pull back after you beat him just like lights hope at the end of the deathknight starting area.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
QUOTE (Pwnage101 @ Oct 1 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he'll probably pull back after you beat him just like lights hope at the end of the deathknight starting area.

Or he destroys your group with an Apocalypse and you're "saved"

That'd be pretty epic

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
  • xfire:theshitninja
  • Steam ID:The_S_Ninja
  • Xbox / GFWL:The S Ninja
  • Gamer Army ID:4668
Well it could be possible to beat him in the 5-man since both Jaina and Sylvanas are considered 25-man raid level. So you're basically going at him with the equivalent of 30 guys. I doubt we actually will for Raid purposes but from a gameplay perspective it is entirely possible.

Edited by The S Ninja, 02 October 2009 - 10:38 AM.

Smokey

Smokey
  • Members
  • 3,394 posts
  • xfire:smokeymcfuzz
he'll probably /afk at a low percentage then you will have to fight him again later. it says in there that Jaina is looking for at least a speck of Arthas' soul inside of the lich king, maybe they are hinting at bringing Arthas back as a normal person after you kick his ass? only time will tell.
sup

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
Blizzard has already confirmed that the actual fight would be a 40 man. One of the last they have planned tbh.

fanboys don't fret.

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,067 posts
  • xfire:badazzewok
  • Xbox / GFWL:Ganonheart
Already sold my account, good times.

Anyone know the point of Uldaur exactly?

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
Get better gear and having fun in the raid, with better gear you can then move on to harder raids and having fun again, and so on.

If you find them boring then you did the right thing quitting, no need to use sarcasm and try to insult the game for it.

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,067 posts
QUOTE (Yozki @ Oct 2 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get better gear and having fun in the raid, with better gear you can then move on to harder raids and having fun again, and so on.

If you find them boring then you did the right thing quitting, no need to use sarcasm and try to insult the game for it.

Not quite following me bro icon_smile.gif

The next patch released crusaders and champions. What happened there was sadly, least on Twilights Hammer, Uldaur became pretty much useless, because most people can PuG TotC in naxx25 gear//ToC5man gear.

Now i loved Uldaur, it was different, but now its skipped. The order for gear now goes;

Naxx25/ToC5 + Badge gear/VoA25 > ToTC.

It skips Uldaur. Now im wondering what the point of creaiting it was, just a stocking filler? I dunno. Wasnt that i was bored of the game, it was more the fact that i did everything i could, i was just sitting around Stormwind browing internet it became that mundane waiting for new content to play.

Pwnage101

Pwnage101
  • GA Sergeant
  • 2,133 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1080
welcome to max level in wow mate, you hit 80 and sit still till the raid time do the raid and if you don't have other games to play log in and sit in Org or dal for hours on end doing shit all, tis why im playin D&D between raids now.

ulduar is now more of a lore raid or if people want the "full" experience they can run it, and yes it was probably put in to keep people busy till blizz figured out what to do with ICC.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Ganonheart @ Oct 3 2009, 05:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It skips Uldaur. Now im wondering what the point of creaiting it was, just a stocking filler? I dunno.

This just in: old tiers of content become obsolete when new tiers are released. News at 11.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Ganonheart

Ganonheart
  • Members
  • 4,067 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Oct 3 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This just in: old tiers of content become obsolete when new tiers are released. News at 11.

No they didnt, that is just something new that seems to have happended.

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
QUOTE ("blizzard")
All across the lands of Northrend, many battles have been fought against the vile Scourge. Countless lives have been lost since the Alliance and Horde first reached the frozen wastes, but the champions of Azeroth continue to march forward. Now Icecrown Citadel, the cornerstone of the Scourge's power and the home base of the Lich King, is their final target. Tirion Fordring and the Argent Crusade have forged an alliance with Darion Mograine and the Knights of the Ebon Blade to form the Ashen Verdict. The strongest combatants of this coalition, along with the champions of the Alliance and Horde, will lead the charge against the citadel.

This dungeon reveals the culminating story events and battles of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion pack. Join the legendary heroes Highlord Tirion Fordring, High Overlord Saurfang, Muradin Bronzebeard, Highlord Darion Mograine, and King Varian Wrynn in an epic battle against the Scourge and their master. Icecrown Citadel features 10- and 25-player versions of the raid dungeon, and each version has 12 encounters. Each encounter can be fought in either normal or Heroic mode, and players can use a new user interface feature to toggle easily between difficulties. The rewards in the raid dungeon start at item level 251 in the normal mode with 10-player encounters, increase to item level 264 in the Heroic mode mode with 10 players and the normal mode with 25-player encounters, and then finally reach item level 277 in the Heroic mode with 25 players.

Grand Entrance of the Citadel
After breaching the fortress, players will face a legion of undead guards directed to repel any invaders. Commanding the defenders is Lord Marrowgar, a monstrosity fused together from the bones of the undead. Supreme Overseer of the Cult of the Damned, Lady Deathwhisper is the next opponent. She bolsters the faith of her followers by promising them the opportunity to give eternal service in undeath.

As they continue their ascent, the Alliance and Horde heroes ultimately end up outside of the citadel where their hatred for one another erupts into a battle for dominance over the Rampart of Skulls. Players will join in battle alongside High Overlord Saurfang on the Orgrim's Hammer gunship or Muradin Bronzebeard on The Skybreaker in a unique encounter. Each faction will protect its gunship and try to destroy the other one in a back-and-forth battle to see who is truly worthy of facing the Lich King.

The Lich King's most powerful death knight then stands as the final obstacle for the heroes to enter the upper reaches of the citadel.

The Wings of Icecrown Citadel
After the heroes of the Alliance or Horde defeat the other faction on the gunships and wipe out the creatures near the entrance, players will venture into an area with three separate wings. Here they will face a multitude of terrors that must be vanquished in order to confront the Lich King.

In the Frostwing Halls players will battle alongside the Ashen Verdict and push into the lair of the deadly frost wyrm Sindragosa, who continues to strengthen her brood with the help of Ymirheim's vrykul. Along the way, the heroes will stumble upon Valithria Dreamwalker, a captured green dragon whom the Scourge is using as a test subject for their own ends....

The Plagueworks contains the most twisted experiments ever produced by the Scourge. In this wing players will face two new forms of abomination in Festergut and Rotface, who currently protect their devious creator, Professor Putricide.

The Crimson Hall contains the leaders of the San'layn, undead blood elves who oversee the Scourge's operations throughout Azeroth. The blood-princes Valanar, Keleseth, and Taldaram were raised into undeath by the Lich King to avenge themselves while protecting their blood-queen, Lana'thel.

The Frozen Throne
After clearing all three wings, players will ascend to the Frozen Throne, where the Lich King and his runeblade, Frostmourne, await to deliver them to their deaths....

lich kings most powerful death knight - I hope it's saurfang's son.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Oct 2 2009, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blizzard has already confirmed that the actual fight would be a 40 man. One of the last they have planned tbh.

fanboys don't fret.

Icecrown Citadel features 10- and 25-player versions of the raid dungeon, and each version has 12 encounters. Each encounter can be fought in either normal or Heroic mode, and players can use a new user interface feature to toggle easily between difficulties.

wat

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users