Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Military Attacks Citizens At G20

* * - - - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
  • xfire:jimraynor1
  • Interests:Starcraft<br />Korean girls<br />French girls<br />Black girls<br />Spanish girls
QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Sep 27 2009, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure you are such an authority on the constitution, good sir.

Actually no, you're a fuckwit because the US Constitution wasn't even written until 1788. The Declaration of Independence was what was ratified on July 4, 1776. The Articles of Confederation, THE ORIGINAL US GOVERNING DOCUMENT(that's right, our founding fathers did not write the current constitution), was passed in 77. What do they teach you kids in school these days?

you can call me all the foul names you like... this does not prove you know how to read.
read what i wrote.
this is so hilarious

http://en.wikipedia....f_Confederation
"The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, commonly referred to as the Articles of Confederation, was the first constitution of the thirteen United States of America and legally established the Union of the States. "

they were all 3 separate thoughts here.

"as written in 1776 (therefore this could be any day in 1776)" ----- the Articles of Confederation and the FIRST CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES was written on JUNE TWELFTH 1776. did i say "ratified" in my sentence... no i did not.. i said WRITTEN icon_biggrin.gif k thx.
... it was a great accomplishment ... (SEPARATE SENTENCE)
freedom as we know it was born on July 4,1776. (ANOTHER SEPARATE SENTENCE)
... obviously a constitution cant be completely written on 1 single day... you must realize this is a symbolic ending to a process not the entire process itself.

i crank out stuff on here so fast i dont have time to indent paragraphs and produce a bibliography.

the Articles of Confederation formed THE REPUBLIC.

I can go over why, in my opinion, the 13 articles of Confederation were an heroic accomplishment and became the only political manifestation of the enlightenment period... but that should be a separate thread.

Later on James Madison , one of the greatest human beings to ever walk the face of the earth, did some great work on an "updated version" of the constitution that was far less fragile.

How many more history lessons would you like?
and i stand by my earlier comment : freedom as we know it was born on July 4,1776

Edited by JimRaynor, 27 September 2009 - 02:35 PM.

QUOTE (James Madison @ Aug 25 1781, 11:48 AM)
If Tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy

tyler1451

tyler1451

GA Private

• Banned
  • 1,322 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Gaming.
  • Steam ID:[PPGA]SpookyCupcakes
  • Gamer Army ID:1807
  • Company:Bravo
QUOTE (JimRaynor @ Sep 27 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the Articles of Confederation formed THE REPUBLIC.

Isn't that a BAD thing? I was bored to death watching the republic in the star wars prequels.

EDIT: to get onto more serious shit, why are you fags pissed at these police officers for doing their jobs?
QUOTE (Shadowstar @ Nov 5 2008, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell me that a year from now.

QUOTE (Raven* @ Jul 12 2008, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RUN! THE COCK IS A LIE!!!111

QUOTE (Cure @ Jul 23 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S. Tyler I want your babies.

QUOTE (Yoski @ Jul 20 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deleting the recycle bin would create a time padarox and a black hole

QUOTE (Dark.Matter @ Jul 22 2008, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How you all can fill 13 pages of discussion talking about each others willies is beyond me :P

QUOTE (cadetduke @ Jul 22 2008, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There will never be a "best movie of all time". I'll be damned if I let some douche piece of shit tell me what they say is the best movie of all time. The Godfather has been #1 on IMDB for as long as I can remember and I fall asleep through the movie every time I try to watch it. I have yet to see the whole movie in one sitting. The "best movie of all time" would have to be a movie where the majority of the people agree with calling it that. I never see this happening so the "best movie of all time" will always be an opinion.

QUOTE (The Colonel @ Jul 21 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a little off topic, but why the fuck do you have to be a fanboy? Why can't you just play games for the sake of playing games? By saying "LULZ NO CONSOLES R 4 N00BZ LOLOLOL" you are missing out on a lot of great games. A great game is a great game despite the platform it is on.

Fealiks

Fealiks
  • Banned
  • 1,644 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T CARE: LET'S MAKE THIS THREAD ABOUT POK…MON
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Nov 16 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This. Fealiks knows what he's talking about here, unlike the rest of the people in this thread. I'll probably slap a lock on this and sticky it so that people can make a good example of his intelligence.

Patchy

Patchy
  • Members
  • 551 posts
  • Steam ID:Kilo November
QUOTE (Riddle @ Sep 27 2009, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Iíd expect the police not to be in full riot gear for instance. Baton wielding and all. This was obviously an exercise in intimidation. Itís a protest, not a riot.

They are equipped to one up whatever they encounter. When you get a big group of people together for the G20, people are going to get stupid. It would be irresponsible for the police to not be ready for the crowd to rapidly lose its IQ and degenerate into a sub-human swarm of idiots - like they always do at the G20.
I'm right behind you, Mr. Denton.

zalzaron

zalzaron
  • Members
  • 214 posts
QUOTE (Riddle @ Sep 27 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol. get off your high horse will you.

Expecting you to follow the same rules of logic and commen sense that the rest of the world follows is not sitting on a high horse. It's just me telling you to stop acting like a 10 year old if you want people to take you seriously.

I mentioned footnote, with an extra emphasise on footnote, as in information the author would like to share with the reader. So why donít you tone your excessive rant at me down just because I took the time to read what the poster of that video had to say regarding the riots and that you FAILED to mention when you posted that link for me to view. Thatís right, just because you see things through rose tinted glasses doesnít mean others wont disregard any assumption with the minute hint of conspiracy to it.

You took a youtube-statement and 1 sentence later you presented it as a fact.

That's the problem, you want to see the world as being full of conspiracies so you will see everyone that supports your view as being a bringer of facts. Meanwhile we on the proper side of the logic fence take a critical look at sources.

How are we supposed to talk to people like you that think youtube comments are facts? When we present facts, they are facts, when you see a youtube comment that supports your view, it's a fact. This shows all your sources are probably as corrupt as can be and puts a big shadow of doubt over all of them. Should we take you serious when you bring in youtube comments as support for your view? The answer is ofcourse no. People that are so stupid should not even be allowed to take part in a conversation, let alone anything close to a debate.

As it was properly put, you are just angry over this because you hate the goverment and are looking for a reason (any reason) to fuel this dogmatic view. Your biased beyond belief and you will probably only change your view once you grow up a bit. Bashing the goverment is probably all cool, but being a total idiot and presenting youtube comments as facts is just retarded.

Again may I point out that the cause of that riot was not causeed by the peaceful protestors but by a few trouble-makers looking for attention. Even you can see that to be true. So how can you say that the G-summits protest are the superbowl of rioting? What baseless lies do you want to come out with now?

Again you show that you have no understanding of how these riots work.

A ton of people show up for a protest, ofcourse the majority of those people show up there to make a political point. A few people however almost always show up that have but one simple goal: To cause a riot. These people are generally well known in police circles and are often watched out for, and mainly the G-summits attract alot of these idiots.

These idiots then do whatever they can to make a riot break out. Maybe they hate authority and are doing it from a political viewpoint, or maybe they are doing it cause they just enjoy the violence. Fact is these weirdo's show up. These idiots then get the crowd worked up and get a riot started after wich alot of people that would usually not take part in these things, will suddenly be right there along with the idiots rushing at the police.

You saw it yourself, they were crashing into the police lines like a fucking human wave. You talk about terror tactics and what not, but you disregard that these "peacefull" protestors are covering their faces and keep running at the police time and time again. It takes nerves of steel to stay there and keep the situation under control. Im pretty sure i wouldn't be able to keep my cool when outnumbered 10:1 by a huge mass of protestors high on the moment.

And for the record, whenever there is a huge gathering of people the riot squads are ALWAYS on standby and there is an increased police activity in the area. At political protests there are almost always riot squads present on the scene due to the increased chance of a riot breaking out.

------

Edited by zalzaron, 27 September 2009 - 04:01 PM.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Keep it on topic or I am handing out warns.
And like that, he was gone.

tyler1451

tyler1451

GA Private

• Banned
  • 1,322 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Sep 27 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and I don't need any more of those...

How you all can fill 13 pages of discussion talking about each others willies is beyond me :P

There will never be a "best movie of all time". I'll be damned if I let some douche piece of shit tell me what they say is the best movie of all time. The Godfather has been #1 on IMDB for as long as I can remember and I fall asleep through the movie every time I try to watch it. I have yet to see the whole movie in one sitting. The "best movie of all time" would have to be a movie where the majority of the people agree with calling it that. I never see this happening so the "best movie of all time" will always be an opinion.

This is a little off topic, but why the fuck do you have to be a fanboy? Why can't you just play games for the sake of playing games? By saying "LULZ NO CONSOLES R 4 N00BZ LOLOLOL" you are missing out on a lot of great games. A great game is a great game despite the platform it is on.

nerdlike

nerdlike
  • Members
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:Gaming
QUOTE (Patchy @ Sep 27 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another brilliant citizen who hates the police until the shit hits the fan, and then the police can't get there fast enough. You would be calling the police just as fast as anyone else if someone broke into your place and started stealing your stuff or harming your family.

Another conservative moron that just abides by everything the government tells him, and because the police told you about some rules that they as 'professionals' made, thinks it justifices beating up protesters.
Dont say Candlejack out loud, or else he'll come for you, when you least expe

tyler1451

tyler1451

GA Private

• Banned
  • 1,322 posts
QUOTE (nerdlike @ Sep 27 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another conservative moron that just abides by everything the government tells him, and because the police told you about some rules that they as 'professionals' made, thinks it justifices beating up protesters.

If someone tried to hug me while I was beating a protester, I'd get pissed too.

EDIT: and the reason why i'd be beating the protester in the first place would be because he looked like he was going to hug me.

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
QUOTE (nerdlike @ Sep 27 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's about time you dumbasses stopped claiming all these 'beatings' happened to 'protesters' unless you can fucking prove it.

I don't, personally, consider a loud microphone telling people to go away plz to be much of a beating.

And I would know, I grew up with 3 older brothers.

Edited by Mighty_Chives, 27 September 2009 - 04:59 PM.

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
Holy shit I just watched the videos. I almost cried when they started hitting their batons on their shields. Fucking pigs! No man should have to see that, violent protester or not.
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Sep 27 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy shit I just watched the videos. I almost cried when they started hitting their batons on their shields. Fucking pigs! No man should have to see that, violent protester or not.

ROFL i'm sorry. i wanted to contribute something to the thread but that was just too fucking hilarious.

tyler1451

tyler1451

GA Private

• Banned
  • 1,322 posts
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Sep 27 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fucking pigs! No man should have to see that, violent protester or not.

Yea, how DARE they uphold the law! How inhumane!

Beefcake

Beefcake
  • Banned
  • 556 posts
QUOTE (tyler1451 @ Sep 27 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't that a BAD thing? I was bored to death watching the republic in the star wars prequels.

EDIT: to get onto more serious shit, why are you fags pissed at these police officers for doing their jobs?

Republic is a good thing. Democracy.... not so much.
Removed. - The Colonel

Fenyx

Fenyx

Best crap contributor '09

• Retired Staff
  • 1,346 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:EmeraldTide
  • Gamer Army ID:838
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Sep 27 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THAT'S NOT YOUR RIGHT

Patchy

Patchy
  • Members
  • 551 posts
QUOTE (nerdlike @ Sep 27 2009, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Provincial Legislatures and the Federal Parliament make laws, not the Police. The Police just enforce them, so you know. Hence the profession of 'Law Enforcement'.

I also wasn't aware that only Conservatives liked having a Police force on active duty to help them when they are the victims of crimes. I'm almost certain that people who simply enjoy life and want their property and family to be protected also like having the Police around. But I guess by your definition of reality these people must all be Conservatives - odd they don't have a Majority Government in Canada right now under your framework. Huh, that must mean they're not all Conservatives. But they appreciate the Police?

We have a problem here folks.

I don't think we should overexert ourselves here. But, if it helps you to have your world divided into nice clean black and white political titles like Conservative that dictate how people are going to act and think on every issue, please continue your delusion.

QUOTE ("zalzaron")
A ton of people show up for a protest, ofcourse the majority of those people show up there to make a political point. A few people however almost always show up that have but one simple goal: To cause a riot. These people are generally well known in police circles and are often watched out for, and mainly the G-summits attract alot of these idiots.

These idiots then do whatever they can to make a riot break out. Maybe they hate authority and are doing it from a political viewpoint, or maybe they are doing it cause they just enjoy the violence. Fact is these weirdo's show up. These idiots then get the crowd worked up and get a riot started after wich alot of people that would usually not take part in these things, will suddenly be right there along with the idiots rushing at the police.

This.

QUOTE (Mighty_Chives @ Sep 27 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't, personally, consider a loud microphone telling people to go away plz to be much of a beating.

That's because you're not a pussy. icon_wink.gif

tyler1451

tyler1451

GA Private

• Banned
  • 1,322 posts
QUOTE (The Colonel @ Sep 27 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH MAN STOP HITTING ME SO HARD IT HURTS!

EDIT: Abuse of power! WHERES MY FUCKING TINFOIL HAT!

WE'RE PEACEFULLY BREAKING THE RULES, SO THAT MEANS YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO UPHOLD THE LAW FOR SOME REASON

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
QUOTE (Original Sin @ Sep 26 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe I actually read 3 pages of Javea1's posts. I feel like I'm watching Fox News in text form.

Wait - isn't what he is posting the EXACT OPPOSITE of faux News?

Patchy

Patchy
  • Members
  • 551 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Sep 27 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait - isn't what he is posting the EXACT OPPOSITE of faux News?

Different content, same completely ridiculous delivery of said content. icon_lol.gif

Edited by Patchy, 27 September 2009 - 06:32 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Garamiah @ Sep 25 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FUKKEN ILLUMINARTY

This.

Also;

OH GOD, THE MODS HAVE US IN NAZI GERMANY. WELCOME TO THE FORUMS OF NAZI GERMANY SLAVES. MODS BREAKIN UP A PEACEFUL DISCUSSION! FASCISM! SLAVES! NAZI GERMANY! SLAVES! MOD BRUTALITY MOD BRUTALITY!!

FUCKIN MOD BRUTALITY! FORUM RIGHTS! FOURM CONSTITUTION! MOD BRUTALITY! PEACEFUL DISCUSSION!! MOD BRUTALITY!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users