Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Too Much Marketing Of Ea Nhl 10

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
  • xfire:jimraynor1
  • Interests:Starcraft<br />Korean girls<br />French girls<br />Black girls<br />Spanish girls
So i plop down on the couch to watch TSN SportsCentre.
I want in depth hockey and baseball information when I watch TSN SportsCentre.
What I do not want is 12 minutes of Trevor Linden playing EA NHL 10.

If the game is good ... then fine.. it will sell.

How much did EA market NHL 94?

If EA wants to advertise NHL 10 in this way then it should pay for an infomercial.

EA does not realize that "word of mouth" is the way to sell games. The marketing people at the top of EA believe marketing can make up for quality game play. They need to visit http://www.NHL94Online.com

EAs NHL 94 lives on despite ZERO marketing on the part of EA.

Here is another symptom of EAs moronic marketing mentality.
http://www.escapistm...s/read/7.141336
"best-marketed Madden titles in years"

they are complaining because not enough people are buying a game that their marketing people have done such a great job on?
WTF? try making the game a ground breaking ecstatic competitive experience maybe?

The problem is every one is playing NHL '94 because its more fun. icon_biggrin.gif They dont have time for Madden 10 icon_smile.gif

There comes a point in marketing exposure where increased marketing makes people dislike the product. I hope EA realizes how close they are coming to that with NHL 10.

This is a borderline topic that covers many areas.... if the MODs want to move it please feel free to do so.
QUOTE (James Madison @ Aug 25 1781, 11:48 AM)
If Tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
Doesn`t work like that bro.

When sport players sign their contract, they get thier `wage`for the year and thats it. No additional royalties etc etc for doing events, charities, appearing on video game box covers, books, memorabilia. If the NHL want to do that with trevor linden they can.

Reported for a shit QQ thread targeting people who want to make money in a capitalist society

EDIT:

Also, they are allowed to advertise thier game as Blizzard is able to preview shit on spike or whatever. Just putting into perspective that you are bitching about nothing.

Again.

Edited by Dirge, 16 September 2009 - 12:37 AM.

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Moved to General Gaming; Ea's marketing isn't making my moobs smaller.
Wuggles for everyone!

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Starcraft<br />Korean girls<br />French girls<br />Black girls<br />Spanish girls
QUOTE (Dirge @ Sep 16 2009, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn`t work like that bro.
When sport players sign their contract, they get thier `wage`for the year and thats it. No additional royalties etc etc for doing events, charities, appearing on video game box covers, books, memorabilia. If the NHL want to do that with trevor linden they can.

trevor linden retired 2 years ago. LOL ... so the NHL can't do anything with trevor linden.
with you being in BC i figured you'd know that icon_smile.gif

QUOTE (Dirge @ Sep 16 2009, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reported for a shit QQ thread targeting people who want to make money in a capitalist society
EDIT:
Also, they are allowed to advertise thier game as Blizzard is able to preview shit on spike or whatever. Just putting into perspective that you are bitching about nothing.
Again.

I pay for TSN and I want sports information; I do not want EA advertorials that take up 1/3 of the show.
If enough consumers are unhappy about this TSN will stop showing EA advertorials and give me in depth information about the Toronto Maple Leafs' training camp. If I am unhappy with TSN I can cancel it and/or complain all I like.
That is "capitalism".

your well researched post really made me look dumb icon_smile.gif

Edited by JimRaynor, 16 September 2009 - 02:08 AM.

If Tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
You don't pay for TSN, maybe TSN 2, but not TSN. That comes with the cable package. Standard cable. You don't pay extra for it.

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 16 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't pay for TSN, maybe TSN 2, but not TSN. That comes with the cable package. Standard cable. You don't pay extra for it.

and TSN receives a portion of the money i've paid for the standard cable package.
if i have to go somewhere else for hard core hockey information i will...
i've got a million options for watching hockey these days...
i doubt it'll ever get to this... a few people will complain and TSN will back off.

Edited by JimRaynor, 16 September 2009 - 06:06 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (JimRaynor @ Sep 16 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and TSN receives a portion of the money i've paid for the standard cable package.
if i have to go somewhere else for hard core hockey information i will...
i've got a million options for watching hockey these days...
i doubt it'll ever get to this... a few people will complain and TSN will back off.

Right, but you have Rogers sports net I do believe. An what? Sports... Something? You can use those, you don't -have- to watch TSN.

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 16 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, but you have Rogers sports net I do believe. An what? Sports... Something? You can use those, you don't -have- to watch TSN.

if i do not like what TSN is programming i can complain about them.
in fact, they invite criticisms of their flagship show SportsCentre.. this is how it evolves...

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (JimRaynor @ Sep 16 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in fact, they invite criticisms of their flagship show SportsCentre.. this is how it evolves...

so your complaining about this to us but then you just praised them for accepting criticisms

so why didn't you just send them your complaints?

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (JimRaynor @ Sep 16 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you know what... just because you're rubbing your vagina all over these forums:

http://nhl.easports.com/home.action

http://sports.espn.g...1...&type=story

SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Dylantendo

Dylantendo
  • Members
  • 1,010 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dylantendo
  • Rofl-Rupees:6
I think I've seen one commercial for the game, and nothing else. You must watch too much tv or something. And if it annoys you so much, I have away you can avoid the advertising altogether. You see, theres this nifty invention called a remote. What it does, among other things, is change the channel of your TV. When you see a commercial you don't like (the one with NHL 10 for example) simply change the channel. Problem solved! Glad I could help.

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
QUOTE (Dylantendo @ Sep 20 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I've seen one commercial for the game, and nothing else. You must watch too much tv or something. And if it annoys you so much, I have away you can avoid the advertising altogether. You see, theres this nifty invention called a remote. What it does, among other things, is change the channel of your TV. When you see a commercial you don't like (the one with NHL 10 for example) simply change the channel. Problem solved! Glad I could help.

the only other place i can get the kind of in depth hockey info from TSN is SportsNet... they had Poker on at the time...
thanks for trying though

JimRaynor

JimRaynor
  • Banned
  • 1,311 posts
QUOTE (Dylantendo @ Sep 20 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I've seen one commercial for the game, and nothing else. You must watch too much tv or something.

i'm not sure what rock you're living under....
i'm watching the Leafs-Penguins pre-season game on TSN.... its half way through the 2nd period and the NHL 10 EA commercial has been on 10 times.

man i think i have that stompin' tom conners hockey song memorized by now.

i don't mind ads during "ad time"... i just don't want it cutting into programming.

edit: during the 2nd intermission the commercial must've been on atleast 5 times.

Edited by JimRaynor, 22 September 2009 - 07:52 PM.

Silver_Kyle

Silver_Kyle
  • Members
  • 293 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:silverkyle
It's because gaming is so much bigger now than it was back in the day. In the next few years we'll be seeing more and more ads for games plus actual game shows. I remember back in the 90's the only game show they had was Top 10 Video Arcade or something like that. Now there's like 10 that I can find on basic cable.
- Currently playing: StarCraft II (PC), Mario Kart 7 (3DS), Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
- Can't wait for: Twisted Metal (PS3), Halo 4 (360), Grand Theft Auto V (360), Diablo III (PC) and the PS Vita

Original Sin

Original Sin
  • GA Private
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gaming, Swimming
  • Xbox / GFWL:Original Sin33
  • PSN:Maybe Someday
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
  • Gamer Army ID:180
QUOTE (JimRaynor @ Sep 15 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EA does not realize that "word of mouth" is the way to sell games.

I thought everyone had already heard the word. Haven't you heard the word?

monsoonlol.png

"Don't be ashamed. It's only nature running its course."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users