Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Official Guild Wars 2 Thread.

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Ghost, do you even play MMO's? Seriously. Your comparason is shitty hand held recording of people playing one game, where the other footage is of Bioware showcasing some basic quest aspects of the game. There's no UI nothing an' you think that is how the game is actually going to be played?

Oh lol. Good to know that you also believe WoW is still going to be better then GW2.

I'm biased, because I played GW and constantly said fuck wow never playing that shit. What a bad game lol. Then I played it and was like "Oh god I was so so so wrong." An' I tried to go back to GW but, I couldn't play "My first MMO" anymore I could only play a real MMO. GW2 looks like it's going to be the same ol' same ol'.

Just because you have to pick 8 skills out of 20 to use doesn't give a game depth or make a game require more strategy. It honestly takes away from the whole experience and doesn't make much sense either. Would just like to add that in there.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 14 2010, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm biased, because I played GW and constantly said fuck wow never playing that shit. What a bad game lol. Then I played it and was like "Oh god I was so so so wrong." An' I tried to go back to GW but, I couldn't play "My first MMO" anymore I could only play a real MMO. GW2 looks like it's going to be the same ol' same ol'.

Just because you have to pick 8 skills out of 20 to use doesn't give a game depth or make a game require more strategy. It honestly takes away from the whole experience and doesn't make much sense either. Would just like to add that in there.

Are you saying GW2 looks like it's going to be the same old compared to every other MMO? Or same old compared to guild wars 1?

Also your comment on the skills I find... just lol. Saying it doesn't add any strategy makes it sound like you never actually play the game from a PvP side of things. Which, as some may debate, was where GW shined. As well as from a high lvl PvE. Fair enough if you don't like having to use a limited amount of skills in online games but saying it doesn't add a form strategy is quiet wrong.

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
How doesn't it? I played PvP several times way back when. It was boring as hell when I played. An yes GW2 looks like GW1.

Endgame PvE in GW was painfull dull with no real anything interesting to the fights. Maybe that changed with the expansions but I didn't care by then. It was too late I was playing WoW.

Tbh when I look at all the aspects of WoW and compare them to GW. I've found that GW pales horribly in comparason to WoW and if they're not really changing the formula for GW2 then it still wont be as good.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 14 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How doesn't it? I played PvP several times way back when. It was boring as hell when I played. An yes GW2 looks like GW1.

Endgame PvE in GW was painfull dull with no real anything interesting to the fights. Maybe that changed with the expansions but I didn't care by then. It was too late I was playing WoW.

Tbh when I look at all the aspects of WoW and compare them to GW. I've found that GW pales horribly in comparason to WoW and if they're not really changing the formula for GW2 then it still wont be as good.

Well then it sounds like your a WoW fanboy and you should stay out of the GW2 thread so you don't anger the GW2 fanboys icon_razz.gif
Seeings as any GW fan could easily take your last lil paragraph, switch WoW to GW and GW to WoW and that would be pretty much be their argument against WoW (though for the last bit they'd talk about the WoW expansion rather then WoW2)

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Ive been playing games before I could barley talk , I love playing all sports, and have been a mixed martial artist for almost over 2 years.
  • Steam ID:j_sunnner_1
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 13 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ghost, do you even play MMO's? Seriously. Your comparason is shitty hand held recording of people playing one game, where the other footage is of Bioware showcasing some basic quest aspects of the game. There's no UI nothing an' you think that is how the game is actually going to be played?

Fine, show me game play with UI in it, I will guarantee you the gameplay will be like every other MMO out there (shitty). If you take a look at GW2's gameplay it looks very much like a action game LIKE WHAT MMO's SHOULD LOOK LIKE. MMO's should evolve and I can tell the star wars MMO will be like every other mmo (shit)

Oh lol. Good to know that you also believe WoW is still going to be better then GW2.

No, it will not be. WoW is a shitty no skill game.

I played wow... could not bare the stupid grind just to play pvp/high end pve. I don't have time for that shit, I want to play the game.

This results in less spam of skills, in World of Warcraft its spam spam spam you can use your skills all the fucking time, sure there is a cool down but you have many other skills!

See in GW you kinda have to know when you use your skills at the right time, with less skills results in more strat.

KYLE YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE

Edited by حشّاشين Ghost, 13 September 2010 - 07:40 PM.

DethFanatic

DethFanatic

Best RTS Contributor 08!

• GA Private
  • 3,079 posts
  • xfire:dethfanatic533
  • Interests:STARCRAFT 2 BETA YEAAAAAAH<br /><br />Studying Journalism at University (First year).
  • Wii:0129147163791720
  • Gamer Army ID:1048
lol you guys are getting trolled successfully, so hard.

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Ive been playing games before I could barley talk , I love playing all sports, and have been a mixed martial artist for almost over 2 years.
QUOTE (DethFanatic @ Sep 13 2010, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol you guys are getting trolled successfully, so hard.

Pretty sure everyone is srs in this thread.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Sep 13 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fine, show me game play with UI in it, I will guarantee you the gameplay will be like every other MMO out there (shitty). If you take a look at GW2's gameplay it looks very much like a action game LIKE WHAT MMO's SHOULD LOOK LIKE. MMO's should evolve and I can tell the star wars MMO will be like every other mmo (shit)
No, it will not be. WoW is a shitty no skill game.
I played wow... could not bare the stupid grind just to play pvp/high end pve. I don't have time for that shit, I want to play the game.
This results in less spam of skills, in World of Warcraft its spam spam spam you can use your skills all the fucking time, sure there is a cool down but you have many other skills!
See in GW you kinda have to know when you use your skills at the right time, with less skills results in more strat.
KYLE YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE

I do believe you are trolling sir. This is so bad it's not even worth taking my time to point out where and why you're wrong.

Case in fact is that you yourself said that you never got to the endgame. So you have no comment on it, or WoW's PvP. I would like to ask why if WoW is no skill and GW is pure skill that WoW is in MLG and other large tourney's when GW is not? I don't even think there's small tourney's for it anywhere.

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 13 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do believe you are trolling sir. This is so bad it's not even worth taking my time to point out where and why you're wrong.

Case in fact is that you yourself said that you never got to the endgame. So you have no comment on it, or WoW's PvP. I would like to ask why if WoW is no skill and GW is pure skill that WoW is in MLG and other large tourney's when GW is not? I don't even think there's small tourney's for it anywhere.

I'm not trolling, I'm right so you just did not respond.

I bet endgame is fun with people you know, I bet it is. I don't want to spend fucking months to get to the high level just to play "end game"

MLG? Oh god, for console noobs and wow players, gw isnt as popular thats why, people get what the want and generally people are stupid. GW back in the day and I think still does have touneys every month also for cash prizes.

<3?

Edited by حشّاشين Ghost, 13 September 2010 - 10:34 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
It's also in WCG if that makes you feel better. You know, WCG the tourney that has actual skill requiring games. It has CS, not CSS. It has SCBW not SC2.

I do have replies and I told you it's not worth explaining to you for an hour for you to tell me some bullshit pathetic excuse.

An endgame is fun without your friends. Because you MAKE new friends, atleast 9 other people usually 24.

WoW used to take a few months to get to endgame but now you can do it in 3 days played game time. That's not with recruit a friend or any of that stuff.

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 13 2010, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's also in WCG if that makes you feel better. You know, WCG the tourney that has actual skill requiring games. It has CS, not CSS. It has SCBW not SC2.

I do have replies and I told you it's not worth explaining to you for an hour for you to tell me some bullshit pathetic excuse.

An endgame is fun without your friends. Because you MAKE new friends, atleast 9 other people usually 24.

WoW used to take a few months to get to endgame but now you can do it in 3 days played game time. That's not with recruit a friend or any of that stuff.

Making a conclusion does not mean you are right.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Soooooooo apply your own logic to everything you have said about GW 2 and stop complaining about nothing new or making posts about how people should see it anyway because you have come to the concussion it will be awesome.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
  • Steam ID:cc_lyger
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sgt Kaz
  • PSN:Kazaii
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 14 2010, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Soooooooo apply your own logic to everything you have said about GW 2 and stop complaining about nothing new or making posts about how people should see it anyway because you have come to the concussion it will be awesome.

since ur done pwning him, I just thought I'd add this, not that he would've listened anyways.
WoW players only spam buttons when they are bad. A perfectly timed/ well thought out rotation puts out higher end game dps/threat than a button mashed rotation.
Also in pvp, in terms of arenas, your class is narrowed down to a certain set of advantage spells that are used at the right moment to obtain victory over an opponent. That is a direct reply to his "guild ear has less buttons derefore itz harder n stuffs derp".
Next time, send me a pm when ur in a flame war aziz, I gotcha back boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
!~Orky's BF~!
%~Original_Sin's Best Friend~%
^~Byak's nemesis~^
*~The only person who thinks CakeCom is good looking~*
$~Jaylew likes me~$
@~Best Wardrobe October 2012~@
)~Greatest King of Jerusalem all years~(

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Kazaii @ Sep 14 2010, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
since ur done pwning him, I just thought I'd add this, not that he would've listened anyways.

Cleary the guy who never responded to anything I said, "is pwning me".

You must be in highschool right son?

You are a fag, you don't have any skills in games, I fucked your mother, get out of my fucking face son.

Come at me bros.

also had a friend go to pax, will get second hand impressions for you guys.

Edited by حشّاشين Ghost, 14 September 2010 - 03:42 PM.

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Sep 14 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cleary the guy who never responded to anything I said, "is pwning me".

You must be in highschool right son?

You are a fag, you don't have any skills in games, I fucked your mother, get out of my fucking face son.

Come at me bros.

also had a friend go to pax, will get second hand impressions for you guys.

1. You got trolled hard
2. lol u young, nerdy n ragin'
3. Did fuck Aziz's mother too? At the same time?
!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

FrostFenix

FrostFenix
  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • xfire:frostfenix
  • Interests:Video games of course, trying to train to start pwning it up on any game I currently own, and working on to get, still looking for an MMO except for WoW to play &gt;_&gt;
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Ignoring all the other stupid crap above me, this is what I think of the game.

Looks cool, hope it ends up as its hyped to be, thats all. Other than that, from reading the class descriptions on their website, I sorta feel like most people will go, DERP RANGER RANGER PRO AT ALL DERP DERP. I dunno, but saying something is a jack of all trades and a master at it doesnt seem fair to some of the other classes. But with no real set time frame of the game being completed or any given beta date except for, before retail, really just means, beta is retail minus bug/glitch fixes, thats it.

Cant say if I would like it or not since they based it off being similar to GW1 which I thought was crap with a perk. Without playing the game, I dont know how ghost can say its already better than ALL NEW MMOS.

Just watched some gameplay videos, game looks pretty boring so far :/

Edited by FrostFenix, 14 September 2010 - 06:28 PM.

Aiming for the top ~ working to be the best.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
The last page and a half reeks of poorfags who can't afford more than one game.

Edited by TheShadowNinja, 14 September 2010 - 06:35 PM.

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Kazaii @ Sep 14 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. You got trolled hard
2. lol u young, nerdy n ragin'
3. Did fuck Aziz's mother too? At the same time?

lmao I offended the wow player, fatty get out of here you have a raid to attend too.

Kazaii in RL

QUOTE (FrostFenix @ Sep 14 2010, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just watched some gameplay videos, game looks pretty boring so far :/

lol, did not expect an MMO player to find it exciting. Too much action perhaps?

QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ Sep 14 2010, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The last page and a half reeks of poorfags who can't afford more than one game.

I WILL BUY YOU A FUCKING HOUSE, CAR AND A FUCKING POOL

Kazaii

Kazaii
  • Members
  • 318 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Sep 14 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lmao I offended the wow player, fatty get out of here you have a raid to attend too.

Kazaii in RL

lol dude I was clearly praying on your obvious rage. You are embarrassing yourself hard. Please stop.

But all trolling and nerd raging aside, I'm definitely going to give GW2 a whirl. I didn't give GW1 enough of a chance. Plus the visuals are starting to grow on me. A bad feeling in my gut, that makes me terribly sad, convinces me that it won't have an endgame. Sucks because the game looks so promising.

!~Orky's BF~!
^~Byak's nemesis~^
$~Jaylew likes me~$

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
QUOTE (Kazaii @ Sep 14 2010, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol dude I was clearly praying on your obvious rage. You are embarrassing yourself hard. Please stop.

I'm guessing you don't post much, everyone knows that I'm always angry. Now gtfo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users