Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Account Has Been Merged To Battle.net -_-

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

xan21

xan21
  • GA Private
  • 558 posts
  • xfire:xander21
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Music<br />Computers
  • Xbox / GFWL:Xan212
  • Gamer Army ID:2115
Got up this morning, looked at my emails. So apparently my wow account is now merged to somebody’s battle.net. I don't have a clue how someone got my WoW password. Only thing I can think of is the curse client I had installed. Sent support 2 emails this morning, nothing as of yet. Tried ringing them there, queue is filled up at the moment icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone else had a problem or knows anyone that has? What is blizzard support like and how long would it take them to get back to me.

Edited by xan21, 13 August 2009 - 10:28 AM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Blizzard should be expedient in their reply, that's pretty unlucky that your wow account belongs to someone's bnet account thing now.

Good thing I linked my wow account to my new bnet account, even though my time is expired.

Best of luck getting your account back. I suggest that your PC has been compromised by virii, and you should look into using a safe computer, and changing all of your passwords.

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
  • xfire:guildwarsfreak
  • Interests:Infamous? Yussss :&gt;
  • Gamer Army ID:382
icon_rolleyes.gif At the +1's.

Generally, Blizzard should get back to you pretty soon (sometimes), but you never know with them. It always depends. Think I remember that there support staff only works weekdays so if something happens on the weekend you're fucked.
QUOTE (StrykerGamer @ Aug 3 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's rather simple. K0RRUPTED is the smartest 15-year-old in existence and is fucking with all of us.
Or he's Gillz's younger brother.

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (xan21 @ Aug 13 2009, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got up this morning, looked at my emails. So apparently my wow account is now merged to somebody’s battle.net. I don't have a clue how someone got my WoW password. Only thing I can think of is the curse client I had installed. Sent support 2 emails this morning, nothing as of yet. Tried ringing them there, queue is filled up at the moment icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyone else had a problem or knows anyone that has? What is blizzard support like and how long would it take them to get back to me.

That means you got hacked. This JUST happened to me. Sunday I was online farming, log off, wake up Monday, merged with battle.net. I call up Blizz support and they unpair the accounts, and voila! My Druid was raped terribly. 3-4 days after I put in a GM ticket, I got my stuff restored. Call Blizzard asap, get your account back, put in a petition, and immediately run several spyware and antivirus programs on your computer. I was hacked a 2nd time because I did not do this, but they didn't do anything except change my pass the 2nd time because they just hacked me the day before. Follow this info asap if you'd like to keep your account and the stuff in your account.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Deleted the +1's, don't bother posting dribble
Wuggles for everyone!

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
As an update, I've been hacked a 3rd time in a week after running multiple anti-virus and malware programs suggested by Blizz. I did a system restore before I got the virus and re-ran all the programs and they came up with nothing. I'm going to get the key authenticator from blizz (it's 7 bucks, meh) until I relog into wow. I had them temporarily suspend my account until I can make sure that virus is wtf pwnt.

Vorrik

Vorrik

IRC Loudmouth, I ask Xim inappropriate shit.

• Members
  • 987 posts
  • xfire:conarus
  • Interests:Cowtipping
  • Xbox / GFWL:dun play
  • PSN:dun have
  • Wii:dun have
Lol wow thats rly unlucky rehd!
"Error E2061 date.h 13: Friends must be functions or classes"-Borland c++ compiler.

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
If all else fails, I think you should reformat.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,087 posts
Restart Steam.

xan21

xan21
  • GA Private
  • 558 posts
  • xfire:xander21
  • Interests:Gaming<br />Music<br />Computers
  • Xbox / GFWL:Xan212
  • Gamer Army ID:2115
Got it sorted, took there time though icon_biggrin.gif

All my gold is gone and all my items for enchanting in my bank. My mining skill is full now lol, loads of items in my bags from it. Going to see a game master about getting my stuff back.

Edited by xan21, 15 August 2009 - 03:34 PM.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Rehd @ Aug 14 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As an update, I've been hacked a 3rd time in a week after running multiple anti-virus and malware programs suggested by Blizz. I did a system restore before I got the virus and re-ran all the programs and they came up with nothing. I'm going to get the key authenticator from blizz (it's 7 bucks, meh) until I relog into wow. I had them temporarily suspend my account until I can make sure that virus is wtf pwnt.

Do a reformat. When I got hacked, I removed the Curse Client (paranoia ftl), did scans with every malware scanner I could get my hands on, and still managed to get keylogged again the same day I got my account restored. It wasn't a conventional keylogger. I had to reformat to get rid of whatever it was. I'm thinking it was this (the email account that was registered to the WoW account at the time had also been hacked, which fits the signs of contracting said "password stealer"). So now I check my System32 folder every time I launch WoW, just in case icon_razz.gif.

Edited by otaku_4_life, 16 August 2009 - 02:57 AM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 16 2009, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do a reformat. When I got hacked, I removed the Curse Client (paranoia ftl), did scans with every malware scanner I could get my hands on, and still managed to get keylogged again the same day I got my account restored. It wasn't a conventional keylogger. I had to reformat to get rid of whatever it was. I'm thinking it was this (the email account that was registered to the WoW account at the time had also been hacked, which fits the signs of contracting said "password stealer"). So now I check my System32 folder every time I launch WoW, just in case icon_razz.gif.

To OP: You did find and destroy the keylogger right? If not... you are still at risk and it will happen again.

Otaku: I used AVG, process scan, trojan remover, spybot, ccleaner, and super antispyware and none of the programs removed it. I found combofix however which many people who had the same trojan reported worked and resolved the problem. I just ran it and it deleted a few key programs that were in the same directory as AVG stated the trojan was (but never removed it). So I believe I finally fixed it, my wow account is banned right now though. icon_sad.gif I think you had the same thing I did, I'll let you know how it works so you can do that instead of reformatting next time.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Rehd @ Aug 16 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To OP: You did find and destroy the keylogger right? If not... you are still at risk and it will happen again.

Otaku: I used AVG, process scan, trojan remover, spybot, ccleaner, and super antispyware and none of the programs removed it. I found combofix however which many people who had the same trojan reported worked and resolved the problem. I just ran it and it deleted a few key programs that were in the same directory as AVG stated the trojan was (but never removed it). So I believe I finally fixed it, my wow account is banned right now though. icon_sad.gif I think you had the same thing I did, I'll let you know how it works so you can do that instead of reformatting next time.

What I had is undetectable, no matter what scanner you use because it's a .dll file which sets itself up as a legit process.

AKA:
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Smokey

Smokey
  • Members
  • 3,394 posts
  • xfire:smokeymcfuzz
use a real anti-virus, like NOD32 icon_wink.gif

but reformatting your hard drive is always the safest thing to do, then put on a good anti-virus.
sup

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
QUOTE (Smokey @ Aug 17 2009, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
use a real anti-virus, like NOD32 icon_wink.gif

but reformatting your hard drive is always the safest thing to do, then put on a good anti-virus.

I wouldn't mind doing that, but I JUST re-formatted like 3 days before I got this thing and I had JUST finished installing and downloading everything again that literally took over 24 hours. Fuck doing that bullshit again, I'll kill the fucking Trojan before re-formatting. >:(

Anyway, usually AVG pops up a little warning saying OMFG TROJAN PSW but it hasn't done that for over 1-2 days now which is a new record. I'm 85% certain I got it, I just can't wait until I get my 2nd computer. Use this shitty one to browse the web and download stuff and use my good comp to play games, watch stuff, etc.

For the truly paranoid:

Peace of mind for 8 bucks

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
So, remember the first time I posted saying I got hacked? Well I got hacked 3 times total, I finally found a program strong enough to remove w/e the fuck that was. My account got banned for awhile too, so since I first posted on this forum, this is the first day I've been able to play wow... So pissed off. I don't even feel like playing anymore, I got hacked like 5 days after paying 40 bucks for reactivating and transferring and now I don't really wanna play.

The only brightside, my druid actually benefited from this. I have double epics, double gold, double flasks, double herbs (I had stacks of 20 of rare plants and stuff before I was hacked) and more. When they restored my stuff, they restored EVERYTHING, even the stuff they didn't have a chance to take. They caught the last hack in progress and stopped most of it, so when I got back on, most of my stuff was still there, but not all. So when they restored... I have mass doubles. My druid went from 700g to 5kg and tons of extra shit. Cool I guess?

The worst part was trying to get my account unbanned... they asked me to send an email from my email registered on the account. First week they told me it wasn't the one listed so I re-forwarded the email and a different rep unlocked the account for me. (The first rep was wrong, asshole)

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
QUOTE (Rehd @ Aug 24 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only brightside, my druid actually benefited from this. I have double epics, double gold, double flasks, double herbs (I had stacks of 20 of rare plants and stuff before I was hacked) and more. When they restored my stuff, they restored EVERYTHING, even the stuff they didn't have a chance to take. They caught the last hack in progress and stopped most of it, so when I got back on, most of my stuff was still there, but not all. So when they restored... I have mass doubles. My druid went from 700g to 5kg and tons of extra shit. Cool I guess?

Yeah, when they restored my shit, they gave me an extra thousand-ish gold (I had 3k before getting my account stolen, and I had 4k after restore) and some gems I had vendored/sold a really long time ago rofl. If it wasn't for that extra thousand gold, my Shaman wouldn't have dual-spec.

AKA:

Ineffable

Ineffable

Gimme dat chawklit!

• Global Moderators
  • 7,206 posts
  • PSN:Ineff_
QUOTE (Rehd @ Aug 25 2009, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, remember the first time I posted saying I got hacked? Well I got hacked 3 times total, I finally found a program strong enough to remove w/e the fuck that was. My account got banned for awhile too, so since I first posted on this forum, this is the first day I've been able to play wow... So pissed off. I don't even feel like playing anymore, I got hacked like 5 days after paying 40 bucks for reactivating and transferring and now I don't really wanna play.

The worst part was trying to get my account unbanned... they asked me to send an email from my email registered on the account. First week they told me it wasn't the one listed so I re-forwarded the email and a different rep unlocked the account for me. (The first rep was wrong, asshole)

I'm telling.

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
QUOTE (Ineffable @ Aug 25 2009, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm telling.

I had 65 eternal lives, just made a quick grand. Woooooooooo, not to mention the frozen orbs... omfg... and the frost lotus'!!!!

Vorrik

Vorrik

IRC Loudmouth, I ask Xim inappropriate shit.

• Members
  • 987 posts
  • xfire:conarus
  • Interests:Cowtipping
  • Xbox / GFWL:dun play
  • PSN:dun have
  • Wii:dun have
Its been known to happen icon_surprised.gif
"Error E2061 date.h 13: Friends must be functions or classes"-Borland c++ compiler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users