Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ufc 101!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

cr4zyc0lt

cr4zyc0lt
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Steam ID:NV_Snipe, Uber_Micro
For anyone that watched UFC 101 last night, Anderson Silva was scheduled to fight Forrest Griffin.
Theres is no doubt that Griffin was the underdog going into the fight, but i did not expect to see what i saw.
Griffin was too slow, about a minute into the fight, after feeling out his opponent, Anderson Silva began to explode on Forrest Griffin.
One after another, Silva landed one punch knockdowns from precison shots to the chin of Forrest.
After one of the knockdowns, Silva held his hand out, in a mocking fashion, to help Forrest up.
Then at about 1 minute left in the first round, Forrest throws one useless punch after another,
as Silva dodges them like a prude girl to penis, Silva throws a little jab that knocks Forrest off balance and ends the fight.

I have to say WTF to Forrest, after the humiliating defeat, Forrest runs out of the Octagon as Silva is declared the victor.
WTF Forrest!? why did you have to run away like a girl?
in his defense he might have had a serious injury, but i doubt it.

Silva was ultimately the better fighter, it was child's play, cant wait to see another Anderson Silva fight

side note, a brawl broke out in the crowd during one of the less important fights, and i thought they shold have at least shown a glimpse of it, but no,
the fight in the crowd went on for about 3 minutes, with no coverage, THE FANS WHERE NOT EVEN LOOKING AT THE OCTAGON, wtf camera man.

What are your thoughts on the fight, or any of UFC 101?

Edited by cr4zyc0lt, 09 August 2009 - 12:58 PM.

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
I didn't really see anything surprising. Silva KOing Forrest was expected. Great fight though! Seeing Anderson dodging everything Forrest threw at him like it was nothing, and then just one walking-away jab for the KO, fantastic. I was rooting for Kenny against BJ but I knew he didn't stand much of a chance. BJ is just better in every area. I just know a lot of people who train with Kenny, so I have to root for the guy.

Didn't care about the other fights, really.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

techno-ninja

techno-ninja

Best Newcomer 08!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,765 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:techno ninjacus
moving to GD- techno-ninja

حشّاشين Ghost

حشّاشين Ghost
  • Members
  • 1,453 posts
  • Interests:Ive been playing games before I could barley talk , I love playing all sports, and have been a mixed martial artist for almost over 2 years.
  • Steam ID:j_sunnner_1
I dont want to talk about it..

He ran cause, hes an emotional dude, who doesnt like to lose, I would not feel great either losing like that, like comon
and WTF about the amir early stoppage that was fucking ghey.

Fenyx

Fenyx

Best crap contributor '09

• Retired Staff
  • 1,346 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:EmeraldTide
  • Gamer Army ID:838
I guess the cameraman realized people were watching UFC to watch UFC, not fans being fuckwits. Plus coverage = condoneing the action, even though I don't watch UFC plus respect in my books.

Thimo

Thimo
  • Members
  • 262 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Aug 9 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He ran cause, hes an emotional dude, who doesnt like to lose, I would not feel great either losing like that, like comon

Actually I read that Forrest ran out to go to the hospital. He suffered a dislocated jaw and couldn't hear out of one of his ear, but I'm sure embarrassment had something to do with it as well.

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Thimo @ Aug 9 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I read that Forrest ran out to go to the hospital. He suffered a dislocated jaw and couldn't hear out of one of his ear, but I'm sure embarrassment had something to do with it as well.

Yeye, i read that too. Google it, guys!

Forrest got absolutely dismantled. I've never seen Silva fight like that and it was siiick to watch. Roll on Silva/Machida!!

And i'm happy BJ won. A pretty convincing win in it's own right, but completely overshadowed by Silva, haha.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
I'm not so glad BJ won as I am that Florian lost. I've been incredibly bitter since he made chris leben bleed to much despite him getting pretty much manhandled the whole time.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,087 posts
Pretty sure I lost all respect for Baby Jay years ago, amazing fighter, but an absolutely cunt outside of the ring. The Silva/Forrest fight was weird because Forrest took some bombs from Rampage, who is arguably one of the most powerful fighters (p4p) in MMA.

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
QUOTE (way2lazy2care @ Aug 9 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not so glad BJ won as I am that Florian lost. I've been incredibly bitter since he made chris leben bleed to much despite him getting pretty much manhandled the whole time.

Chris Leben is one of the biggest douches in the sport. He legitimately lost his first fight on TUF, and he cried (literally) about how it was lame that a wrestler can win by lay-n-prey. Then, he got a SECOND CHANCE, and lost to a cut by Florian. It's not the best way to win, but it's perfectly legal and Florian's elbows are brutal. Whether elbows should be allowed is another story, but Florian legitimately beat him because elbows are allowed. And instead of being classy about it, and despite that it was his SECOND CHANCE on TUF, Chris Leben still cried and whined about it.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

cr4zyc0lt

cr4zyc0lt
  • Members
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (حشّا @ Aug 9 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah the amir fight was just bad refereeing, if i ran the UFC i would fire all other referees except big jon, and the black guy with the braids.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Mario is an okay ref, so is Herb Dean. (The black guy with dreads.)

Man, I don't know about that Silva Forrest fight. I have nothing against either fighter, but when you hear the name 'Forrest Griffin' what do you think about as a fighter? I think that he takes a fuck load of punches and just keeps going. The man has probobly imo one of the best chins. (Keith Jardine has a good one too.) The 'knockout' jab, man that was sketchy. I don't know, I mean I know Silva is a good fighter, but I can't help but feel that Forrest might have thrown the fight. :\ I mean, that fight was so uncharactaristic of Forrest.

BJ Florian fight.. I'm sad to see BJ win, I mean. Florian was doing decent he might have won 2 rounds by the fourth, and its just, BJ is the lightweight. That's really all there is to it, with a guy who has no bones and bends like BJ. He's going to be hard to fight on the ground. I'd like to see him come back to welter, and get slapped around by GSP again, especially after saying GSP takes steroids?!

The Billy Mays(Guy who won had the Billy Mays beard) fight, it might have ended too soon, but that guy wasn't blocking at all. So I can see why it was ended. You're taking bombs to the back of the head and you're not blocking or doing anything, after being nocked down? Yeah, that's a good time to TKO call it.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (Destructor @ Aug 9 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris Leben is one of the biggest douches in the sport. He legitimately lost his first fight on TUF, and he cried (literally) about how it was lame that a wrestler can win by lay-n-prey. Then, he got a SECOND CHANCE, and lost to a cut by Florian. It's not the best way to win, but it's perfectly legal and Florian's elbows are brutal. Whether elbows should be allowed is another story, but Florian legitimately beat him because elbows are allowed. And instead of being classy about it, and despite that it was his SECOND CHANCE on TUF, Chris Leben still cried and whined about it.

The first fight leben did way more damage to koscheck then anything koscheck did to him. He literally laid on him the whole time. At least leben threw punches. And you're supposed to win by doing the most damage to the other person, not by being able to lay on them for 10 minutes. He had every reason to whine about that fight, because it was bullshit.

The florian fight he didn't whine about. He went outside because he was upset with himself, but he recognized that loss. I just have something against someone who gets their ass kicked for 5 minutes, doesn't injure the opponent to a point where they want to stop fighting or are unable to fight, and still wins.

Of course I might just be of the opinion that the best fighter win, not the guy who knows how to abuse the rules the most.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,724 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
/link

http://www.hookedonm...in-fight-video/

yeah. as stated, he apparently got a dislocated jaw after the first knock-down. Fights like this are just jaw-dropping. Griffin was champ a year ago and now he get's destroyed this badly? really?

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Yeah, I agree Irish. I think if all this is true, if Forrest didn't throw it, it's the start of the end of his career. I mean, he's always been a fighter who could take a beating and keep going. If he can't do that, he wont win fights anymore.

fykusfire

fykusfire
  • GA Private
  • 1,316 posts
  • xfire:fykusfire
  • Steam ID:fykusfire
  • Gamer Army ID:1293
  • Company:Hotel
My brother did a write-up on this actually. Me and him both agree that Silva is just some sort of different breed of beast, like Fedor or GSP. Some people are clamoring now for Machida vs. Spider though. I doubt this is going to happen, even if Machida bests Shogun, which I believe he will. Machida and Spider are teammates in Black House.

Link: http://www.examiner....rrest-Overrated

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,087 posts

When you see it...

Fuck while we're at it, let's throw in two more.

Silva's response to the crowd boo'ing.

Silva in his fight with Forrest.

Edited by Defiled, 10 August 2009 - 10:47 AM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
I was at a bar, so I didn't hear the crowd booing, but I was loling at the faces he was making.

cr4zyc0lt

cr4zyc0lt
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Silva's response to the crowd boo'ing.

hahaha yeah this was priceless

diamondandy

diamondandy
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • xfire:diamondandy
  • Interests:Music, films, graphics and website design
I thought Griffin was awful, the rest of the card I wasn't even that interested in. Can't wait for Machida vs Silva (Although I personally think Machida will beat him).

I was quite disgusted in Griffin's performance, he just looked really crap (Obviously Silva is a beast) and lacked energy and looked as though he was tired after about 3 mins (He goes to kick Silva and just gave up during it).

On another note, season 10 TUF looks immense, can't wait to see Kimbo Slice etc in the Octagon.
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users