Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Special Announcement: Project X Revealed

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,595 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
I'm completely ambivalent to this announcement...until more info is forthcoming.... icon_neutral.gif

Brandon
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

Player92

Player92
  • Members
  • 12 posts
I can't say I'm all too excited about this, I'm not trying to troll or anything, but it seems a lot like they're changing the show a whole lot, from what it sounds like, there's no Dave, or Doug, no Tagi, no Masterer, and IrishSpuds could be right, and someone may have just skimmed over the eps. but it seems a little too Corporate, if that makes any sense, for my liking.

Either way, congrats PP Crew, I'm happy for ya! And I'll most likely still watch the show, and still enjoy it if you guys are still producing it! (:

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Cant wait to watch PurePwnage with: No micro, no Masterer, no GA references, the possibility of no Doug and Dave, no light gun peripherals that shoot lasers, no Cooking with Dave shorts, no Big Bad, no evil gamers, no community cameos, no scenes from actual gaming events like Lanaggedon... Just to name a few.

If the online series takes a back seat to this (No offense to the crew, because I feel after everything that's happened you deserve this opportunity to excel and further ROFLMAO Productions) then i'm honestly going to shit a brick. Although who knows, the TV series could be more like Season 1 and it could be the best thing to happen to PurePwnage since it started.

dropshot

dropshot
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • xfire:butters247
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dropshotmaster
YES! pp_smiley11.gif I'm so happy that this happened. I was sad when Pure Pwnage was put on hold but this should turn everything around! This is prob the greatest thing that could ever happen to TV. The world has been so void of pwnage...This wlLL br1ng it b4ck! Pure Pwnage is c0ming to ur TV!

Will this continue the plot or will it be a kind of spin off where they just have a new story?

Edited by dropshot, 06 August 2009 - 10:23 AM.

mikelo

mikelo
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Smokin
Awesome I used to watch the show case review when I was like 15 years old cause all the foreign films had boobs in them.

Then It somehow cultured me against my will, when my only motivation to watch these movies was boobs.

Here's hoping you guys get re-signed after 8 episodes.

Congratulations!

Also I liked at the end of the announcement video where you hear someone say "Is that how you say it?" "Yeah."

Exciting.
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg

Witsalldonebefor

Witsalldonebefor
  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • xfire:wits
  • Interests:video games
  • Steam ID:wits
  • Xbox / GFWL:ForcedWits
  • PSN:witsalldonebefor
Hell Yes.

QUOTE (showcase.ca)
First, it's pronounced "ownage".

This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell outta here. - Micheal Scott

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Aug 6 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the online series takes a back seat to this (No offense to the crew, because I feel after everything that's happened you deserve this opportunity to excel and further ROFLMAO Productions) then i'm honestly going to shit a brick. Although who knows, the TV series could be more like Season 1 and it could be the best thing to happen to PurePwnage since it started.

I think it's safe to say this is the final season of the Web Series. I guess Jarett is only finishing it because he has some dedication to it.
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

Brenner

Brenner
  • GA Sergeant
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:pwning n00bs
  • Steam ID:RedElite14
  • Xbox / GFWL:Brenner14
  • PSN:RBrenner
  • Wii:7811616637693823
  • Gamer Army ID:101
YESYESYESYESYESYES NICE T-SPIN!!!

I hope you guys won't mind if I torrent the show; I don't live in Canada. Will there be some kind of online alternative? It doesn't look like showcase.ca has any kind of online broadcasting atm.

This is going to be so awesome either way... congrats guys! It's time to pwn up television!

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (Brenner @ Aug 6 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YESYESYESYESYESYES NICE T-SPIN!!!

I hope you guys won't mind if I torrent the show; I don't live in Canada. Will there be some kind of online alternative? It doesn't look like showcase.ca has any kind of online broadcasting atm.

This is going to be so awesome either way... congrats guys! It's time to pwn up television!

Even if I lived in Canada i'd torrent it anyway, lol, who wants to watch commercials?

a1its

a1its
  • Members
  • 389 posts
That is pretty epic too bad I live in the states. Well at least there are torrents

Atems

Atems
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • xfire:atemsrlz
nice /and teh song from zero coordination l0l /
http://files.enjin.com/27238/PPgifs/Ep3/Omnomnom-spowis.gif"]http://files.enjin.com/27238/PPgifs/Ep3/Omnomnom-spowis.gif

Phildalf

Phildalf
  • GA Private
  • 20 posts
  • xfire:Phildalf
  • Interests:I make movies, what's your number?<br /><br />I write a lot too, I published a 2 part vampire story THAT IS IN NO WAY INFLUENCED BY THAT TWILIGHT SHIT!
  • Steam ID:phildalftng
  • PSN:Phildalf
  • Gamer Army ID:4455
  • Company:Gamma
This TV Version might be good, but I don't like the idea of having to become a criminal (technically speaking) to continue to watch the show. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME TORRENT THIS SHOW...torrents are slow... lol
Many people like to quote on this part and I like to quote too

Frank Herbert
The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.

Frank Herbert
The function of science fiction is not always to predict the future but sometimes to prevent it.

Frank Herbert
The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future.

Giordano Bruno
Innumerable suns exist. Innumerable Earths revolve around these. Living beings inhabit these worlds.

Ph0biA

Ph0biA
  • GA Lieutenant
  • 1,490 posts
  • xfire:iamphobia
  • Steam ID:Ph0biA
  • Xbox / GFWL:PPGA Ph0biA
  • Gamer Army ID:178
  • Company:Golf
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Aug 6 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This... I am worried because I feel like were going to watch the character we've always known, living a different life and everything we've seen happen is gone.

Naoko

Naoko
  • Members
  • 353 posts
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHH.

Although Tree_ brings up some valid concerns about whether or not this TV version will be Pure Pwnage as we know it.

I share these concerns.

But grats to the guys at ROFLMAO for scoring this opportunity!

Let's just hope this TV series contains what makes Pure Pwnage, Pure Pwnage.

QUOTE (Ph0biA @ Aug 6 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This... I am worried because I feel like were going to watch the character we've always known, living a different life and everything we've seen happen is gone.

Also, this.

To be honest, it's likely that this show will be some kind of reboot or side story. It's probably a situation where they have to make this new version of the show understandable for everyone - including those finding it on TV for the first time.

Edited by Naoko, 06 August 2009 - 12:01 PM.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (Phildalf @ Aug 6 2009, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This TV Version might be good, but I don't like the idea of having to become a criminal (technically speaking) to continue to watch the show. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME TORRENT THIS SHOW...torrents are slow... lol

Torrents are actually really fast..

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Aug 7 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Torrents are actually really fast..

That's connection speed dependent... I cant get a torrent to download over 100kb/s, and even that is a miracle.

Triptych

Triptych
  • GA Private
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:pwning
  • Steam ID:Triptych229
  • Xbox / GFWL:Triptych229
  • PSN:Triptych229
  • Gamer Army ID:2436
  • Company:Echo
Great news! Made my summer, besides that little fake interview I got to do with Jarett and posting it here.
Triptych229 (trip-tik-2-2-9) - the 3 alias' of Spartan, Rain, and Ocelot, represented by B.A.W.
Subsist?EXIST!

Giluc

Giluc
  • GA Private
  • 410 posts
  • Interests:Consoles lol
  • Steam ID:Giluc
  • Xbox / GFWL:GilucZ
  • Wii:4205091662810049
  • Gamer Army ID:4128
  • Company:Eta
OH GOD YES

I LIKE
CHOCOLATE MILK

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410
For a nanosecond, I was thrilled.

Then I remembered that I'm not Canadian, and I've never even heard of Showcase. Ever.

Now I'm back to a neutral status when it comes to this announcement, and I'll reserve my thoughts until we get a more significant amount of information.

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (Danoli3 @ Aug 6 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just had a thought,

Finally IMDB might add Pure Pwnage!!!
http://www.imdb.com/

Awesome!

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users