Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Special Announcement: Project X Revealed

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Aug 6 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone who lives in canada do try to get it some views. It's a shame that because the channel isn't broadcast all over the world those of us in other countries are unable to support the show by watching it on tv unless they're going to count streaming over the web hits. Looking forward to it. I'll be interested to see how they carry on the plot whilst sort of summing things up/doing an introduction in the first ep for new people. They'll probs have to tone down some of the suggestive motion ownage stuff for tv which is a shame icon_razz.gif

Erm, i dont think its a whole new show, as in new episodes, its the same as the web series, just on tv.

LalaLand

LalaLand
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Interests:Science fiction. Pure Pwnage. Comedy.
QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Aug 6 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone who lives in canada do try to get it some views. It's a shame that because the channel isn't broadcast all over the world those of us in other countries are unable to support the show by watching it on tv unless they're going to count streaming over the web hits. Looking forward to it. I'll be interested to see how they carry on the plot whilst sort of summing things up/doing an introduction in the first ep for new people. They'll probs have to tone down some of the suggestive motion ownage stuff for tv which is a shame icon_razz.gif

You know that you have to have a special box in your house in order for your views to be counted right? Every time you tune in to a TV station, unless you're part of a special ratings program, it doesn't get recorded/count.

Danoli3

Danoli3

MotM Sept 2006 | teh_artchiverer | PP Lifetime Achievement Award

• GA Sergeant
  • 6,760 posts
  • xfire:Danoli3
  • Interests:Natalie, Pure Pwnage, Games, Programming, Animation, Music, Movies
  • Steam ID:Danoli3
  • Xbox / GFWL:Danolium
  • Wii:1622774217920323
  • Gamer Army ID:9
  • Company:Pi
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Aug 7 2009, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also i dont think the TV series will be differant, all they are doing are showing the internet episodes, on TV, i dont think its different episodes or anything, still cool that its on TV icon_razz.gif just need the channel in england lol.

No No.. I am led to believe it is a new exclusive TV series.
Nothing we have seen before.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
QUOTE (Danoli3 @ Aug 6 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No No.. I am led to believe it is a new exclusive TV series.
Nothing we have seen before.

What makes you think that ? i looked at the blog on showcase which says about PP going onto that channel, and from what they have said what happens, it sounds exactly like the web series, all it is, is just the web series but on TV so PP get more money and more viewers, more popularity.

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (LalaLand @ Aug 6 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know that you have to have a special box in your house in order for your views to be counted right? Every time you tune in to a TV station, unless you're part of a special ratings program, it doesn't get recorded/count.

icon_surprised.gif I didn't not know that! Then how do they know whether shows are flops or not?

auron570

auron570
  • Members
  • 12 posts
i loled when he started babytapping the DS

Player92

Player92
  • Members
  • 12 posts
http://www.showcase....o-showcase.aspx
Read before posting pl0x
It explains a lot, and is also why some of us are rather concerned...

Bogulmon

Bogulmon
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Just checked my channels on Sky, here in the UK, extremely excited. I was dissapointed. Seems Showcase has disappeared from my list. icon_sad.gif

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
QUOTE (Player92 @ Aug 6 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.showcase....o-showcase.aspx
Read before posting pl0x
It explains a lot, and is also why some of us are rather concerned...

I read it, and thats why im saying its the web series just put on TV, someone has stated this in another topic about this already.

"The series, which premieres in 2010, finds Jeremy at a crossroads: if he is to maintain residence in his mother's basement, then he'll need to get a job -- and getting a job means stepping out of the gaming world and back into reality. With that in mind, Jeremy starts his own rock band, becomes a video game tutor, and attempts to socialize with his co-workers at a grocery store."

Thats what the series is already.

"Jeremy used to live in his mums house
he gets a job and starts playing the game "RL"
Jeremy plays some...ummm ROCK BAND (on xbox, the actually game if your so dam thickheaded)
he...is ummm TUTORING KRIS (u remember the girl FROM PURE PWNAGE DON'T YOU?????????)
and tries to talk to alex at the grocery store"

That was posted in the other topic about this.

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
Holy shit! Epic excitement! Looking forward to it!

Jarett

Jarett
  • Root Admin
  • 109 posts
It is an entirely new 8 episodes that will begin airing in January on Showcase. We're doing our best to get it broadcast in the USA, UK, Australia, etc., but it's really up to each country's respective broadcasters. We'll be sure to keep you updated.

Geoff and I are still the main creative force - we're producers and writers. We've also brought on many new people with experience in traditional television to help us out both story-wise and production-wise. FPS Doug will still be there, and he will still be played by Joel Gardiner.

It's going to kick some serious fucking TV ass.

Jarett

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
QUOTE (Jarett @ Aug 6 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is an entirely new 8 episodes that will begin airing in January on Showcase. We're doing our best to get it broadcast in the USA, UK, Australia, etc., but it's really up to each country's respective broadcasters. We'll be sure to keep you updated.

Geoff and I are still the main creative force - we're producers and writers. We've also brought on many new people with experience in traditional television to help us out both story-wise and production-wise. FPS Doug will still be there, and he will still be played by Joel Gardiner.

Jarett

Oh ok lol, i apologise then for the stuff i said, i was completely wrong, wow, oh well, i do hope it comes to the UK, PP will be the best show on TV icon_smile.gif

Blanetrain

Blanetrain
  • GA Private
  • 1,163 posts
  • xfire:blanetrain
  • Interests:Whatever you want them to be.
  • Steam ID:blanethetrain
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:2367
  • Company:India
QUOTE (Jarett @ Aug 6 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jarett

Really this is all I needed to hear. icon_biggrin.gif

Would you like to look at some of my wares?

http://www.twitch.tv/blanetrain

Desperado

Desperado
  • GA Corporal
  • 144 posts
  • xfire:sadei
  • Interests:Writing, Acting, Recording, Gaming
  • Gamer Army ID:907
  • Company:Bravo

Jarett

You are my hero.

It's all IZGIZZIS to me.

SonicKaos

SonicKaos
  • Members
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Games of course.

Jarett

Wow.. I nearly broke out in to tears when I saw the video... I am insanely excited for this. This is the reason Geoff won't be editing the show anymore I'm guessing, because someone else will do it for the TV show. Wow. This is amazing.

Any jobs open on set? I went to school for TV and am more then willing to give up the job I have right now to work on this show. I know it won't happen, but I have to throw it out there haha.

I'm so in awe right now...

ChexGuy331

ChexGuy331
  • Members
  • 271 posts
  • xfire:ChexGuy331
  • Interests:First-Person Shooters, Flight Sims, sleeping, and attempting to gain weight.
BUT I'M NOT CANADIAN. dcolon.png

I also don't have cable. icon_sad.gif

Edited by ChexGuy331, 06 August 2009 - 12:41 PM.

There is no flight sim board. Whatever, I'll just stick the discussions in General Gaming or FPS stuf.

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (Jarett @ Aug 6 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jarett

That's really great to hear. Thanks for clearing up confusion and for at least trying to get it shown here over the pond. Even if you can't, the effort is appreciated. Also what that other guys said about hero icon_razz.gif

Love Duckie

Love Duckie
  • GA Private
  • 2,448 posts
  • xfire:1337lucz0r
  • Gamer Army ID:2256
Absolutely glad to hear that the show is finally taking off on a larger scale.

You guys deserve it, at least this way you'll be getting a stronger income from just premieres, ads, your merchandise and such.

notsneaky

notsneaky
  • Members
  • 115 posts
What game was jeremy playing? Also how the hell can you make a beta on a tv show?

StrykerGamer

StrykerGamer
  • GA Sergeant
  • 3,206 posts
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:163
QUOTE (Alexc26 @ Aug 6 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What makes you think that ? i looked at the blog on showcase which says about PP going onto that channel, and from what they have said what happens, it sounds exactly like the web series, all it is, is just the web series but on TV so PP get more money and more viewers, more popularity.

Actually, the way showcase.ca is describing it, seems to me like it will be entirely new stuff:
The series, which premieres in 2010, finds Jeremy at a crossroads: if he is to maintain residence in his mother's basement, then he'll need to get a job -- and getting a job means stepping out of the gaming world and back into reality. With that in mind, Jeremy starts his own rock band, becomes a video game tutor, and attempts to socialize with his co-workers at a grocery store.

None of that happens in any episodes I can recall. So this is basically the best thing ever, and has renewed any faith that I could have lost throughout the last couple years. :dcolon.pngdcolon.pngdcolon.pngD

edit: didn't see Jarett's post lol

and those dee colons are supposed to be colon dees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users