Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Can't Belive I Found My Way To This Section.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Dirge

Dirge

Best Returning Member '09

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
  • Steam ID:Silent_Dirge
  • Gamer Army ID:3524
  • Company:Alpha
So I'm playing WoW. yes. Its been a long time coming, and hating. I can see why people like it now. I Currently play an undead Warlock, and a blood elf Paladin on the Alterac mountain server. Its a low population server, but I don't mind paying for a transfer once I Feel like I'm ready for hardcore raiding. Right now, my guys are at level 30.

I totally love the social aspect of the game. Much better than WAR. Community is good too, but Chuck Norris jokes all the time? Really? Its like I'm in 2004 again. I have already gone on several epic quests which I have totally crazy stories to tel - my overall experience with this game has been good.

Only a couple of questions -

Tanks I have seen playing the game (and DPS too for that matter) never Kite when they duel/go against large numbers of mobs. Whats up with that? like I siad im only level 30 and haven't really seen a hardcore raid go down, but there is a TOTAL LACK OF KITING! NO EXCUSES!

Also I am aware that 3.2 will bring this, but the lack of not earning XP when killing an enemy player? Total balls. Whats the point of a PvP Server in the first place? WoW needs RvR. Shit would be awesome. No restrictions, no bullshit. Just kill the enemy factions and level from it.

Discuss.

Vorrik

Vorrik

IRC Loudmouth, I ask Xim inappropriate shit.

• Members
  • 987 posts
  • xfire:conarus
  • Interests:Cowtipping
  • Xbox / GFWL:dun play
  • PSN:dun have
  • Wii:dun have
Kiting... yeah.... I played a healer up until today (switched holy, which is multi-person healing to discipline which is single person healing for pvp) And as far as im concerned when you have a decent healer behind you kiting seems... pointless i guess... especially with the super hero powered ppl that raid now anyway.
And in dueling kiting is important for casters .. as far as i know... all i actually know is : press buttons, move out of bad stuff.... put gems and enchants into gear..

And lvling from killing players would be cool but with the amount of ganking that goes on already (Stranglethorn vale) it would be horrible to think what they'd do if they had an incentive to actually killing u instead of doing it for the hell of it.

"Error E2061 date.h 13: Friends must be functions or classes"-Borland c++ compiler.

pearlsea

pearlsea
  • Members
  • 576 posts
  • Steam ID:Pearlsea
PvE kiting in my wotlk?

>.>; lol

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Tanks I have seen playing the game (and DPS too for that matter) never Kite when they go against large numbers of mobs. Whats up with that? like I siad im only level 30 and haven't really seen a hardcore raid go down, but there is a TOTAL LACK OF KITING! NO EXCUSES!

In raids there's a good share of moving to do, that's for sure. "Move out of the fire" and all that icon_razz.gif When AOE grinding(I'm assuming you're tankadin) you don't want to move a lot, unless one's behind you(kills your avoidance stats).

Whats the point of a PvP Server in the first place?

I think it was to prevent griefing, which is a DERP argument since the flag/pvp server is there for a reason. awesome2.png
Wuggles for everyone!

Pwnage101

Pwnage101
  • GA Sergeant
  • 2,133 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:1080
QUOTE (Dirge @ Aug 3 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
undead Warlock, and a blood elf Paladin

.... a belf Pally .... ugh pallies in general

DIRGE YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER....although you are playing a lock so that makes up for it.

Lueko

Lueko
  • GA Private
  • 92 posts
  • xfire:Lueko
  • Interests:Team Fortress2<br />Call Of Duty 4<br />Counterstrike: Source<br />Company of Heroes<br />World of Warcraft
  • Steam ID:Lueko07
  • Gamer Army ID:4684
  • Company:Xi
QUOTE (Pwnage101 @ Aug 3 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.... a belf Pally .... ugh pallies in general

DIRGE YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER....although you are playing a lock so that makes up for it.

Pallys are shit now... Holy is basically the only useful talent

Warlock is still may fav class... even though ive played a priest since the start of BC /sigh

pearlsea

pearlsea
  • Members
  • 576 posts
  • Steam ID:Pearlsea
QUOTE (Lueko @ Aug 4 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find that funny because paladins for the most part were a well balanced class in burning crusade before the "fixes". I'm mostly talking about the melee side of the class from experience. I remember doing a pug gruul with my ret paladin and only 3 people were doing > 1k dps, and I was ret. With the ret raid buffs I was probably one of the most valuable dps in that raid.

Lueko

Lueko
  • GA Private
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Team Fortress2<br />Call Of Duty 4<br />Counterstrike: Source<br />Company of Heroes<br />World of Warcraft
ur rite.. pallys had there day

but u couldnt have the easiest class to play the most OP class

its basically bcoz of PvP why pallys got bludgeoned with the nerf hammer

im deffinetly goin to enjoy playing my hunter than my pally more though

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Lueko @ Aug 4 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're forgetting the part where Prot paladins are the kings of threat gen.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Lueko

Lueko
  • GA Private
  • 92 posts
QUOTE (otaku_4_life @ Aug 4 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're forgetting the part where Prot paladins are the kings of threat gen.

they are the easiest with threat gen... my pally is prot so i know, ive had this argument with the tanks in my guild coz we lack a prot pally

warriors are still the best tank all round imo.

druids and DKs are good for Ulduar because of their CDs

But basically my point is that Pallys will be no were near as popular post 3.2

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Lueko @ Aug 4 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
warriors are still the best tank all round imo.

Nope. Both Paladins and Druids surpass us in threat gen, survivability, and health (druids).

Edited by otaku_4_life, 04 August 2009 - 04:38 PM.

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Kadjel

Kadjel

I fought with honour!

• Retired Staff
  • 3,183 posts
  • xfire:Kadjel
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (pearlsea @ Aug 4 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find that funny because paladins for the most part were a well balanced class in burning crusade before the "fixes". I'm mostly talking about the melee side of the class from experience. I remember doing a pug gruul with my ret paladin and only 3 people were doing > 1k dps, and I was ret. With the ret raid buffs I was probably one of the most valuable dps in that raid.

Did BT and had people consistently land below me on damage meters. Which was depressing, at the time, since Ret was a utility spec in raids.
Wuggles for everyone!

Kilabyte

Kilabyte
  • GA Private
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:l3lade Knight
  • PSN:Kilabyte
  • Gamer Army ID:3603
QUOTE (Dirge @ Aug 3 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I'm playing WoW. yes. Its been a long time coming, and hating. I can see why people like it now. I Currently play an undead Warlock, and a blood elf Paladin on the Alterac mountain server.

Awesome your on my server. Time to wipe the dust off of my WoW folder and get to ganking. Err... What are your character names again?

QUOTE (Pure Domski)
at least we have a circle jerk

http://www.urbandict...erm=Circle Jerk

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (Kilabyte @ Aug 20 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome your on my server. Time to wipe the dust off of my WoW folder and get to ganking. Err... What are your character names again?

Dirgey is my Warlocks name. Add that since I never play the pally, lol.

I'm currently level 48 and specced for affliction, seeing as the Destruction tree is so shitty.

Also thinking about putting together a more serious guild, seeing as the one im in sucks.

Edited by Dirge, 20 August 2009 - 11:14 PM.

Afrohorse

Afrohorse
  • Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Vidya Gaems
  • Steam ID:Caeliv
  • Xbox / GFWL:Selxxa
I have a jack-of-all-trades Paladin, my main spec is Holy (Uld 25 gear) and my Prot / Ret sets are Naxx 25 / Uld 10 level..

I stopped playing a couple months ago, maybe things have changed.. But I was usually the "best" healer in terms of Healing to Overhealing ratio.. It's hard to judge overhealing as a Healadin though, since Judgement of Light is basically a constant overheal but doesn't cost hardly any mana. Anyway, I found I was almost never out of mana, only on ridiculous healing fights such as Sapphiron and Kologarn did I have to drink a potion or try to regen. I would say that Holy Paladins are a extremely effective healing class.

As for Prot, I didn't get much experience tanking since I didn't really "finish" my set until before I quit, but from healing dozens and dozens of raids I think that healing a Paladin tank is the easiest, they seem to take the least damage. I can actually look away from my screen for a moment without worrying about them dying on me.

Ret, I found that even in good gear, against people of similar gear, my DPS levels were always low. The most I could ever get was about 3.2k and on average about 2.2k, while others were up into 4 or 5k, mostly Survival hunters and Warriors.

Just my two cents.
Vidya Gaems

Karko

Karko
  • Members
  • 3,034 posts
QUOTE (Dirge @ Aug 21 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm currently level 48 and specced for affliction, seeing as the Destruction tree is so shitty.

Shut your filthy whore mouth. I'm sorry, I mean that in the nicest way. I just have a particular attachment to destruction, I love that tree so much.

But yeah affliction for leveling and destruction later is the way to go. Leveling as it is far more pain than it's worth.

Second. Worst. Signature. Ever.
Expecting something witty? Herp derp tiddlerp.

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410
Get used to bad jokes, they pretty much define any of the chat channels in WoW.

OH, and nerdrage e-arguing that devolves into both parties arguing that the other has no life.

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

Vorrik

Vorrik

IRC Loudmouth, I ask Xim inappropriate shit.

• Members
  • 987 posts
  • xfire:conarus
  • Interests:Cowtipping
  • Xbox / GFWL:dun play
  • PSN:dun have
  • Wii:dun have
QUOTE (Jaylew @ Aug 21 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get used to bad jokes, they pretty much define any of the chat channels in WoW.

OH, and nerdrage e-arguing that devolves into both parties arguing that the other has no life.

I love starting those arguments its brilliant.

ALSO

Guild drama is quite possibly the funniest shit youll ever see in the game.
"Error E2061 date.h 13: Friends must be functions or classes"-Borland c++ compiler.

Jaylew

Jaylew
  • GA Private
  • 2,513 posts
  • xfire:drippotaku
  • Steam ID:projecktcain
  • Xbox / GFWL:JReele
  • Gamer Army ID:3410
QUOTE (Vorrik @ Aug 21 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love starting those arguments its brilliant.

ALSO

Guild drama is quite possibly the funniest shit youll ever see in the game.

The entire community is hilarious, so long as you remember it's just a game and don't give a shit.

Some people in WoW take it way too seriously, they swallow any bait you toss out hook, line, and sinker. Then you can spend about twenty minutes making them foam at the mouth with all the fury that only nerdrage can bring out in people.

And if you can do all this with them over Vent? Priceless.

10216_998594.gif
Every Tuesday & Saturday

Dirge

Dirge

• GA Private
  • 6,101 posts
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shut your filthy horde mouth.

fix'd 4 u

Yeah, I noticed that Destruction is probably the best bet at later levels, but the lengthy casting time kind of throws me off =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users