Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ultimate Challenge: Self F'n Improvement V2 - Get Healthy Win Money

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
321 replies to this topic

Beefcake

Beefcake
  • Banned
  • 556 posts
Congratulations to the winner Plasmic Fury and PlasmaNuke for taking second place.

Hope to see everyone around http://forums.purepw...showtopic=91213

Edited by Beefcake, 08 January 2010 - 11:07 PM.

Removed. - The Colonel

Mantrousse

Mantrousse

It's not a thing, G!

• Global Mods - GA Major
  • 3,450 posts
  • xfire:mantrousse
  • Xbox / GFWL:Mantrousse
  • Gamer Army ID:2055
  • Company:Gamma
Nice idea, Seth. I'll see how i feel after i've completely recovered if i want to sign up for this.

*Thumbs up*

Christron

Christron

I'd fuck the shit out of the Queen

• GA Private
  • 2,916 posts
  • xfire:Steam: Headlightsunderwater
  • Interests:Music and Games.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Christron
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:coming soon
  • Gamer Army ID:1579
i stopped taking barbituates

StrykerGamer

StrykerGamer
  • GA Sergeant
  • 3,206 posts
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:163
Yeah I'll fucking do it.

Height: 5'10
Weight: 190 Pounds
Goal: Lose twenty pounds. My gut will be gone (hopefully) to prove it. Also stay away from junk food long enough to stop caring about it.
Current: Weight at 190 Pounds. I weighed myself with clothes on, so it came out to be 191.

Workout Plan: Fuck gyms and workout tapes. I'm just gonna go all out with general exercises to get myself in shape. Maybe google a little around for some info on how to lose the gut.

Daily Nutrition: I usually don't eat junk food, but for the past week and a half, it's been growing on me. I don't wanna eat like that.
Morning: Depends... Sometimes I'll have a sandwich, other times I'll have salad, whether it be the lettuce type or macaroni or whatever else I feel like making. I rarely eat cereal.
Snack: An apple.
Lunch: Salad with a hard-boiled egg, beets, and sometimes mixed with tuna. Or a sandwich.
Snack: Yogurt.
Dinner: Meat, vegetable, and bread.
Pre Workout (on workout days): A banana will work like you said. Also water.
Snack (post workout meal on workout days): Strawberries and/or grapes. Water.
Pre-Bed: Nothing unless I'm hungry. In which case I'll probably have a banana or an orange. Or something else that's healthy that I can find.

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:SurprisedPlanet
Height: 5 ' 11
Weight: 147 pounds
Goal: Visible abs and pecs
Current: No abs, top half of chest solid (yet no outline), bottom of chest not.

Workout Plan: Chest/biceps one day, chest/Tri's the next - 1-2 miles run with gym session,

Chest day;

Bench press: 10 x 4
Decline Flys: 10 x 4
Hammer curls: Till failure x3
Pull overs: 8 x 4

Daily Nutrition:

Generally unhealthy, however trying to cutt potions in half, and trying to move to 4 meals a day. I would list here what I ate, but it's always random, so it would in correct.

I'll take them photos in a day or two icon_surprised.gif
QUOTE (Tree_ @ May 20 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jamie, just go smoke some crack; you'll feel better.

PwntToast

PwntToast

I want a title. But I'm not creative D:

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
  • xfire:pwnttoast
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing/listening to music, skateboarding.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Marcus Fps
  • PSN:Nope.
  • Wii:Not yet.
I might do this if I end up getting some weights.

Wouldn't take the prize though, because I don't have paypal.
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)
Kazzerax: if she has a boyfriend, that's you being a fucking terrible person and i hope he knocks your ass out in a stream while you're wearing jeans

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
fuck it.

Height: 6'2
Weight: 107 Pounds
Goal: gain some fucking weight, gain a respectable amount of muscle.
Current: i only weigh 107 pounds, that isn't a made up figure lol i essentially have no muscle other than a small bulge in my biceps lol eat terribly, don't work out.

Workout Plan: Hopefully come September i will be having a training partner, they are a bit new to the game and we are going to be following for atleast 2 months the workout plan that can be found here Strong Lifts 5x5 Workout Program.

Daily Nutrition: i eat everything from fast food to vegetarian food to rare steaks to 20$ worth of chocolate and candy from 7-11. plan is to just cut out most of the junk i eat throughout a day. maybe start drinking protein. my mom has a total gym so i guess i'll start exercising on that. i mean hey, chuck norris uses it, right?

i'll take some pictures in a little bit. i'll do something like take a picture of me flexing now and then the same when the challenge ends.

Edited by Emotive, 31 July 2009 - 03:18 PM.

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
QUOTE (Emotive @ Jul 31 2009, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Drink protein shakes, eat abit healthier, start running and weight lifting and your build up pretty fast.

I wish I was luckey enough to have no fat icon_sad.gif

Beefcake

Beefcake
  • Banned
  • 556 posts
QUOTE (PwntToast @ Jul 31 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might do this if I end up getting some weights.

Wouldn't take the prize though, because I don't have paypal.

Prize doesn't necessarily have to go through paypal. It can be a 50 dollar online purchase shipped to your door if that works for said person.

Also The Council has decided to pitch in with some Rupees and the prizes have been updated, good to see some people wanting to do this icon_smile.gif
Removed. - The Colonel

D3FLAMB

D3FLAMB
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • xfire:deflamb
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 155lbs
Goal: 200lbs x 10 bench press, sub 19:00min 5k, be able to run marathon(26 miles), preparation for Navy Seals qualification.
Current: 200lbs x 1 bench, 19:37min 5k, never run marathon, not ripped.

Workout Plan: Every other day lifting, 35+ miles a week, regular abs/core workout.

Lifting involves "Big 3" Bench Press, Power-Clean, Back-Squats, aswell as regular curls, leg ext, leg curl, pull-ups, pull-downs.

Daily Nutrition: High in Protein/Carbs
Morning: Eggs, wheat toast, and/or Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal, chocolate Milk
Snack: Yogurt w/ Fruit, Apples, Bananas
Lunch: Salad w/ chicken, Yogurt, Chocolate Milk
Dinner: Lean Meats, Pasta, Chocolate Milk
Pre-Workout: Power Bars
Post-Workout: Banana, Chocolate Milk

I began my own self-improvement one year ago through self motivation, at that time i weighed 190lbs, with no athletic capability what so ever, i now participate in both cross country and track at my high school. I am american and will not be participating in this for the prize, but i will be participating in this to help motivate others who are in similar situations as i was 1 year ago.

also: are we suppose to post starting pics now?

Pics:

http://img8.imagesha...42/27425667.jpg

http://img22.imagesh...81/37058028.jpg

http://img8.imagesha...94/92223529.jpg

Edited by D3FLAMB, 03 August 2009 - 09:40 PM.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
haha you know that cat wants 50$

Beefcake

Beefcake
  • Banned
  • 556 posts
Woot more people! Best of luck to all

Pictures should be submitted to me in the last 3 days of August, so the 29th, 30th or 31st!

Removed. - The Colonel

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
You should make the picture deadline earlier, so we can crack on working out, also the fact that its summer holidays at the moment, so people will have more time you'd think.

Beefcake

Beefcake
  • Banned
  • 556 posts
QUOTE (Jamie @ Aug 1 2009, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should make the picture deadline earlier, so we can crack on working out, also the fact that its summer holidays at the moment, so people will have more time you'd think.

A lot can happen in one months time, if i were to be comparing someone who gave me pictures today august 1st, and someone who gave them to me on the deadline of the 31st, the first person has pretty much an entire month headstart over the second person which i don't think is fair. I'll allow pictures to come in from the 23rd of August until the 31st. That i believe is reasonable.
Removed. - The Colonel

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,337 posts
  • xfire:sapphiretehninja
  • Interests:Twitter: @VeronickArt
  • Gamer Army ID:1532
Ever since I had the baby, I lost 30 lbs, but have been stuck at the same weight since. I'm totally up to the challenge too, since I've started just recently getting myself started on my shaping up and "mommy-weight loss" now that I have more time to do it, and more money to put towards good foods.

I'll weight myself and take a pic and post all that stuff right after lunch, cuz right now I'm coloring my hair lol.

Beefcake

Beefcake
  • Banned
  • 556 posts
Ok to accomodate other people, pics can be submitted anytime up till August 31st, for proof of date be holding a spoon, have a spoon in the picture, or have that days newspaper in the picture.
Removed. - The Colonel

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
I'm in this challenge but currently to busy right now to write something up, here's brief summary

In September im going to cut as much body fat as possible and replace it with muscle. I am going to play Tennis for physical exercise and scale 350 steps + a 10 minute run everyday.

My plan is to have a better body by the end.

Majiffy The Magic Admin

Majiffy The Magic Admin
  • Banned
  • 152 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:MJFI
  • PSN:41R5N1P3R
Aw, too late for me to join this. And I just quit smoking, too, damnit.

Oh well.

May the best man win

D3FLAMB

D3FLAMB
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • xfire:deflamb
QUOTE (Majiffy The Magic Admin @ Aug 1 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw, too late for me to join this. And I just quit smoking, too, damnit.

Oh well.

May the best man win

its never to late to join.

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,337 posts
  • xfire:sapphiretehninja
  • Interests:Twitter: @VeronickArt
  • Gamer Army ID:1532
Height: 5'6"
Dress size: 18
Goal: Get back in shape, increase my metabolism and to drop back down to a size 10-12 (which would mean to lose aprox. 40lbs)
Focus : nutrition and cardio exercise, and some toning (abdominal, bum, arms, and back)

The diet:

-Drink a shit load of water, cut off completely soda, sugary drinks. Limit myself to 1 glass of real fruit juice a day.

-4-6 small meals a day, consisting: High vegetables, high lean proteins (fish, chicken breasts, eggs, nuts, etc), low carbs (limit myself to rice, multi-grain breads or whole wheat pasta, and only intake them in the morning or at lunch, in reasonable portions.)

-maximum of 3 whole fruits a day.

-Take Calcium and Vitamin D supplement each day. Maximum of 1oz of cheese a day. (I don't drink milk, cuz I don't like it anyways).

The Work-out plan:

- Power-walk for at least 30 min each day. Will get myself in shape to jog gradually.

- Possibly (if budget permits) join some martial arts classes 2-3 times a week.

- lots of stretching, squats, sit-ups, weights

Still haven't taken a pic yet. Will do so when I can find the charger for my camera's battery T_T lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users