Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger [ps3 & X360]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
I never had problems with lag

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
There's rarely lag online and I don't usually have any trouble finding players.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
  • xfire:theshitninja
  • Steam ID:The_S_Ninja
  • Xbox / GFWL:The S Ninja
  • Gamer Army ID:4668
I might be getting this game tomorrow night. If I do I'll be sure to post my first impressions.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
Please tell me you're getting it for PS3

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
I don't have a PS3. icon_sad.gif

Bought the game today. First impressions coming soon.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
have fun with the 360 controller icon_confused.gif

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Apr 14 2010, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have fun with the 360 controller icon_confused.gif

Agreed. Try to find a controller with a better D-Pad for the 360... Otherwise you WILL hate the game.

Unless you are one of those rare birds who can actually use the Analogue stick on the 360 and can just obliterate anyone. I'd like to see that...

the44show

the44show
  • Members
  • 648 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:LilCBasedFob
QUOTE (The_Con-Sept @ Apr 14 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. Try to find a controller with a better D-Pad for the 360... Otherwise you WILL hate the game.

Unless you are one of those rare birds who can actually use the Analogue stick on the 360 and can just obliterate anyone. I'd like to see that...

These pads are good. 360 or PS3. If you don't feel like buying a stick, get one of these at least...

cammy__watch_listed_by_isaac251-d4vz39g.

PICK A TOP TIER

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
I'm actually really bad with arcade sticks icon_confused.gif

I've played fighting games on console since I was a kid, never really did the arcade thing

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
Alright, so I booted up the game last night. First thing I did was enter training mode hoping I'd get a tutorial to help me figure out how to play the game but no such luck. I don't know what I was doing but sometimes I would randomly switch control to the dummy I was fighting against so learning to play there wasn't working out.

So then I fired up story mode (making sure to set the AI to beginner 'cause I'm not retarded) and chose Ragna's campaign figuring there'd be a tutorial there. Wrong again, I was launched straight into my first fight not knowing what the hell I was doing. I managed to win by pressing buttons but I still didn't learn how the game is played so I stopped there.

It's then that I did what most people have done at least once in my life. I called over my brother, who hasn't played the game either, went into versus mode and figured it out ourselves. (We banned looking at the command list.)

I first chose Nu and he chose Noel. He immediatly took a liking to her and started beating my ass. I could only get Nu to fire like 3 of those air blades at a time so I didn't take much of a liking to her.

After a long time consisting of my brother owning my face and me gravitating to different characters I finally rested on Iron Tager. And began to give him the beating of his life. I'm glad a found the character I'm good with so now I can focus on getting better.Have ot make sure I can beat the AI first.

So my first go started off rocky but then got crazy fun when I went into versus mode. I'm enjoying the game quite maining as Tager and seconding as Bang. (best character in the game.)

I haven't noticed any problems using the control stick, is it just because it's hard to do distortion attacks that it's better to use a D-pad? Brother just recently figured out how to do those and he's having a little trouble but I'm used to having to rotate the control stick from my days on Soul Calibur so I don't really see the problem.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
In practice mode look at the command list and memorize the main attacks. What you have to do is enter in a combo string with those attacks. You have to enter the combo while he is hitting the person. It is not like tekken where you have to do 1 attack before the current attack goes to progress and only do the combo one at a time. Instead you can mash on the directional pad or actually start inserting combo's and they will automatically go into a string.

On the PSP version of the game the Analogue nub is how we quickly enter in the Astral, Distortion, and grab attacks.

However check the command list and try to enter it without using a 1 button combo thing.

Some characters can only throw projectiles in air like Bang.

the44show

the44show
  • Members
  • 648 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:LilCBasedFob
QUOTE (The S Ninja @ Apr 15 2010, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, so I booted up the game last night. First thing I did was enter training mode hoping I'd get a tutorial to help me figure out how to play the game but no such luck. I don't know what I was doing but sometimes I would randomly switch control to the dummy I was fighting against so learning to play there wasn't working out.

So then I fired up story mode (making sure to set the AI to beginner 'cause I'm not retarded) and chose Ragna's campaign figuring there'd be a tutorial there. Wrong again, I was launched straight into my first fight not knowing what the hell I was doing. I managed to win by pressing buttons but I still didn't learn how the game is played so I stopped there.

It's then that I did what most people have done at least once in my life. I called over my brother, who hasn't played the game either, went into versus mode and figured it out ourselves. (We banned looking at the command list.)

WHY?!

learn the commands so you can eventually learn some combos and focus on the mindgames/spacing/zoning.

cammy__watch_listed_by_isaac251-d4vz39g.

PICK A TOP TIER

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,868 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
So you give up on looking for a tutorial and then ban looking at the command list? Sounds like you and your bro are having a mash fest. Look at some videos on youtube. The limited edition of the game came with a DVD which actually DID tell you what all the bars are and some BnB's for pretty much ALL characters.

If you want to learn the game, look at some videos and try to do what you see.

What a strange time for people to be getting this game. Continuum shift is pretty much out if you want to play it on PC, but out in July for consoles..

Also if you like Bang: watch all 3 parts and you will learn like, EVERYTHING! This is what I would look at when I would play.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
We banned looking at the command list 'cause you generally have a better time slowly figuring things out with a buddy. If we wanted to learn everything right away we'd have looked but it feels much more rewarding to go from not knowing what the hell you're doing to styling on each other in an hour. I look at the command list now but back then I was more interested in having a good time with my brother. Neither of us button mash anymore of course and we both play like we know what we're doing so I think it turned out well.

And watching videos and copying what I see is what I did to ease me into Arakune and Tager. I've been watching and rewatching the videos the OP posted and other stuff posted by Arcade Infinity. I'm paying extra close attention to what that guy Mike_Z is doing as he obviously knows his shit. And I'll be sure to take a look at the Bang video.

Also ICE CARS !1!1!!!

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I just tried Noel... Wow... I can't believe how quickly I was able to switch from Bang to her.

(By the way thanks for the link to that vid on Bang. Been looking for a few good videos on how to perform some of those moves that the CPU does in Hard mode.)

With Noel I was able to start off with a 5 hit combo... then turned it into an 11 hit combo. Then I am now able to add in the Distortion finish to it.

I really like this game icon_smile.gif

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
thats cause noel is by far the easiest person to play as. you press D and then everything links into everything. from a game designers point of view, i really hate it actually.

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Apr 17 2010, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats cause noel is by far the easiest person to play as. you press D and then everything links into everything. from a game designers point of view, i really hate it actually.

Definitely the easiest to get started with Noel, but once you get decent you learn her drives are actually not all that useful except for finishing the odd combo. I have a lot more luck using her forward A to start combos. If a Noel player only uses drive for combos, they are not going to have much luck, as they're all easy to anticipate and block, and it's possible to escape in the middle of most of them.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,868 posts
Been watching videos and reading about BB again, glad to know Bang is now S tier lol.

Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,868 posts
YO WA SHOCK

MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
really good first round.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users