Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger [ps3 & X360]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Dec 28 2009, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but if you get a ps3 we can't play no mores =[

and also, i agree... a fighting game is, on the surface, a very shallow experience...but they typically have so much depth that it totally justifies the price. i was looking at my brawl stats earlier today and ive got like 1500 games played (each takes an average of 5 minutes i'd say)...(btw, that comes out to be like 125 hours). ya, it was TOTALLY worth it (btw, brawl+ is amazing)...and i know that doesn't even touch the amount of time ive put into melee, counter strike, quake, halo, halo 3, or even perfect dark from when i was a kid.

My 360 is broked anyway, if I have to buy a new console again then fuck it. I'll buy a ps3 this time around, I've played most of the console specific games I wanted to and now I have a good computer too. I do plan on getting the 360 again, I just don't plan on paying very much for it, at all.
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Dec 28 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
then get a ps3 mang

there are more important things for me to be spending my money on else i would.

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
I just got this for christmas! Cannot wait to play this, I love Guilty Gear. I have one friend who's planning to play this online with me, but I'd love to get more people to play with. Anyone who plays this online on the PS3, add me as a friend!

I don't know who to main yet, but so far Noel is looking pretty good. In GG I really liked Johnny and Slayer, any characters similar to them in play style in BB?
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
Sorry to double post but I'll bump this. Seriously this game owns! Just about every character is annoying to play against, which is a good thing I think because it shows how each character can pose a real threat to any other. Feels pretty balanced. Yes, even Nu has some weaknesses guys.

I've been having fun with Noel so far, but right now I'm maining Iron Tager. His atomic collider is just glorious! I need to work more on defense, and more on mixups and pressuring, but if I can land 2B, 2C, collider, 6C, you can bet I'm going to do some damage! I've had a few victories and more than a few losses online, but I can't believe how little lag there is! It's great
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
most of the people who still play BB online are more than a little experienced.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
yeah I'm getting my ass handed to me online icon_confused.gif

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
  • PSN:The_Con-Sept
I skipped this game when it came out and really didn't give it a chance. I had my eyes set on the Next Tekken. The one thing that made me turn away from this game was the amount of characters. 12? I thought it would be like another street fighter only with a much more clunky combat system.

But just today I actually bought BlazBlue Calamity Trigger Portable...

I must say I am actually glad I bought it at least on the PSP...

So far I like Bang ShishiGami (Oops! I wrote Shinigami. heh. I watch too much Anime... "Now.... JUMP INTO MY MANLY CHEST!!!")

At first it was hard learning the new style of game play but once I figured out how to do combo's it became a button mashing fest for me. BUT SOME MOVES ARE IMPOSSIBLE~! OMFG. I got to learn how to use the Ninpo things for Bang... I might give the cat girl a try next. So far I have a hit combo of only 14 with Bang... He doesn't have alot of moves that do a great number of hits but I am sure I will figure it out soon.

If you got a PSP it is a DEFINITE BUY.

I have yet to do the legion thing but so far I am getting used to the combat system with each character.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
BlazBluePS3 > BlazBluePSP

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Apr 2 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BlazBluePS3 > BlazBluePSP

PSP>no PS3.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,863 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUICKER THAN THE WIND AND AS STILL AS THE FOREST. HOTTER THAN FLAMES AND MORE MAGNIFICENT THAN A MOUNTAAAAAAAIN!!!

Too bad Bang is like, bottom tier. I don't play this anymore, shame. I wouldn't be able to play this on PSP, used to arcade stick.

Edited by x_byakugan_x, 03 April 2010 - 05:19 AM.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

Jimmy Rabbitte

Jimmy Rabbitte
  • GA Private
  • 1,639 posts
  • Steam ID:100sph
  • Gamer Army ID:3335
  • Company:Delta
my girlfriend and her friend were all over this at the arcade a while ago, I'm surprised it had this level of complexity.
The Blackman is God

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,863 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (Jimmy Rabbitte @ Apr 6 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my girlfriend and her friend were all over this at the arcade a while ago, I'm surprised it had this level of complexity.

Yea, I never played guilty gear much.. if you did you would have a better feel of this game. I was seriously going to play it but was overwhelmed with all of it's complexity. At the time I was more into SF4. Just as I always end up.. my favorite char was almost the worst in tier. I was into it 3 months max, pure bang.

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
I really like how each character does have different fighting techniques. I think fighter games should look at this in the future. Reminds me of Marvel Vs SNK.

I can pull off 20 hit combo's with Bang now.

He might be bottom tier but once you know how to use his "INSTANT NINPO!" you can get some pretty crazy combo's going on. Mostly I have been practicing against uh... crap... forgot his name... The flying black mass white mask dude...

Once I was able to get him in the corner I could get perfects easily. And I noticed I can get his Astral Finish much easier.

I've been trying to do a combo that would add in his grab special but he keeps missing every time. I think it is due to the fact that when you do more than one punch it pushes them back too far.

I want to give Carl a try next. (Only because he has the same character look as what I used to be in THUG 1. Only blue...)

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
  • xfire:theshitninja
  • Steam ID:The_S_Ninja
  • Xbox / GFWL:The S Ninja
  • Gamer Army ID:4668
I really like the look of this game and am wondering if I should get it. Though my only experience with fighting games are the Soul Calibur series (Which I played to death) and SSBM (Played to death as well).

I figure my experience with Melee would help me to grasp this game but I'd personally like a second opinion.

The_Con-Sept

The_Con-Sept
  • Members
  • 1,620 posts
@S Ninja

I'd say your experience with Soul Calibur will make this game seem a bit easier to play, with only a difference in the terms of pace.

12 characters and each one fights completely different than another. They are not all ground combat and not all of them carry a sword. Each one has a certain combo style and figuring them out is more fun than trying to make the cotton candy walking vendor guy fall down the stairs at a basketball game.

I would say this game would be fit for you. Try playing it first before you buy it. Check a Play N' Trade to see if they have a copy you could demo real quick.

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
Alright thanks for the advice. From the looks of things V-13 looks like a lot of fun to play especially with all the juggling she does. (main reason why I played Marth in SSBM.) She looks top tier as well which is always a bonus.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
V-13 is good but really predictable

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
Hmm, seems there's a sequel to this game. I kinda like the look of the first one better but it looks like the second one has a bigger playerbase.

Which one should I get?

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (The S Ninja @ Apr 11 2010, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, seems there's a sequel to this game. I kinda like the look of the first one better but it looks like the second one has a bigger playerbase.

Which one should I get?

to my knowledge, the sequel isn't out for consoles yet.

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
Oh, well that sure simplifies it a lot. How good is the online? 'cause I would be playing a lot more SC4 if the onlnie wasn't so laggy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users