Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger [ps3 & X360]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
Yes, 2D you have to draw frame by frame, but like I said, anime art styles are ridiculously easy to draw.

3d animations can be done simply, in which case I suppose 2D sprites take more work.
But if you're gonna make a 3d character's movements look fluid, not sluggish, or anything, it takes a LOT more work. Especially if it's highly detailed, not only texture-wise, but movement-wise.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
so what on earth is a fighting game worth 60 dollars to you?

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger is the type of game fans usually get only once a generation. The sheer amount of passion and care that was taken to ensure balance, accessibility, and enjoyment is nearly unmatched.

http://www.ztgamedom...ty-Trigger.html

While its visuals are astounding and the fighting action nearly as impressive, Blazblue is special because it feels complete. Aside from its paltry online functionality, Calamity Trigger will constantly remind you that a smart investment was made in a title sporting a high degree of luster. In other words, you’ll get the sense that you got your money’s worth…even if you just got your butt kicked.

http://reviews.teamx...ity-Trigger/p1/

Edited by Rakielis, 01 July 2009 - 12:04 AM.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (bloodvayne @ Jun 30 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, 2D you have to draw frame by frame, but like I said, anime art styles are ridiculously easy to draw.

3d animations can be done simply, in which case I suppose 2D sprites take more work.
But if you're gonna make a 3d character's movements look fluid, not sluggish, or anything, it takes a LOT more work. Especially if it's highly detailed, not only texture-wise, but movement-wise.

You are high.. I've been doing 3d animation since I was 15 and went to school for Production animation before switching to computer science. 2d animation is by far more difficult to do that 3d animation. It requires a knowledge of the subtleties of movement, which you describe for 3d, but also requires an in depth knowledge of anatomy to transfer the look of a 3d image to a 2d plane.

The animation in this game is great. Even if you don't like anime (even though it's not really cheesy anime, and is actually pretty well done), the animation is still really good. ESPECIALLY FOR AN ANIME, which is usually animated on 2s or worse. I guarantee you couldn't do one of the animations for a single combo in a day (I'd probably even give you a week), and I definitely guarantee it wouldn't look anywhere close to as good as those.
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

bloodvayne

bloodvayne
  • Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • xfire:killercowld
  • Xbox / GFWL:bloodvayne360
  • PSN:killercow_ld
  • Wii:1681832568364918
They opted for the "Lets add as many lines and random details to these characters to make them super-unique-animeesque as possible" method of animation, and it ends up making every single character look really (perhaps unintentionally) bland.

It's why I don't like most anime, it's all the same shit. There are a couple of Anime shows and games and such that stand out as unique and well drawn, and this doesn't look like one of them.

This guy's probably the only well done (artistically) character in the game. The others..... meh
Several of the ingame animations are well done, but it's still very over all... just.... meh

Altho I'm not gonna lie, there really aren't any fighting games that I think are worth $60, this one seems less so than others.

#CaMer0n

#CaMer0n

GA Corporal

• Banned
  • 5,279 posts
  • xfire:Bag
  • Interests:skating
  • Xbox / GFWL:Dip
  • PSN:Tea
  • Wii:Lift
  • Gamer Army ID:214
so liek, where do i get it? its not on amazon or play.com

Rehd

Rehd
  • GA Private
  • 2,387 posts
  • xfire:Gforcecrisis
  • Interests:Oh you know... stuff.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Rehd1906
  • Wii:5743384498007899
  • Gamer Army ID:3472
  • Company:Hotel
QUOTE (#CaMer0n @ Jul 1 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so liek, where do i get it? its not on amazon or play.com

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B001W6JFM0

http://www.google.co...&...l=en&tab=wf

QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Dec 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
penis is ALWAYS relevent...

#CaMer0n

#CaMer0n

GA Corporal

• Banned
  • 5,279 posts
i dont live in america land

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (#CaMer0n @ Jul 1 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont live in america land

then you might just be out of luck. i know the ps3 version is region free and you could import, but i think the xbox has region limits.

that said, i just managed to start landing taokaka's →C > ↓↘→C (2) > ↓D→ > JC > ↑D→ > JC > ↑D→ > J↓↘→B (4)

smahyt

smahyt
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • xfire:smahyt
  • Xbox / GFWL:smahyt
Haha nice, I managed to pick the game up last night but I've only gotten to play it an hour or so. I plan to put a lot more into it tonight.

Of what I did play, the game was amazing.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (smahyt @ Jul 3 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of what I did play, the game was amazing.

thats because it IS amazing. it may seem very button masher friendly at first...but when you start to learn the combos (that button mashing will never give you) you can deal out more damage in combo than a super move.

who do you think you are going to main?

also, we should play some games. you up for it? florida to nc should give a pretty good ping.

Edited by Rakielis, 03 July 2009 - 07:23 PM.

smahyt

smahyt
  • Members
  • 111 posts
Oh damn, you're going to have to give me some time to practice and learn the game better haha.

I'm just starting it up now, first chance to play to play today.

Out of everyone that I played, I am really liking Litchi. She'll most likely be my main.
I'm looking at Taokaka and/or Arakune as my subs, I had tons of fun playing as them when I did, but my sub character is the least of my worries.

Edited by smahyt, 04 July 2009 - 12:28 AM.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (smahyt @ Jul 4 2009, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh damn, you're going to have to give me some time to practice and learn the game better haha.

I'm just starting it up now, first chance to play to play today.

Out of everyone that I played, I am really liking Litchi. She'll most likely be my main.
I'm looking at Taokaka and/or Arakune as my subs, I had tons of fun playing as them when I did, but my sub character is the least of my worries.

im fairly confident im going to main tao. at the moment, im trying to beat arcade with everyone to unlock all astral heats. i too like litchi but i prefer hakumen over arakune. my top tier character to fiddle with is rachel. im already tired of Jin's! jins and kens...COME ON GUIZ

the44show

the44show
  • Members
  • 648 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:LilCBasedFob
QUOTE (Rakielis @ Jul 4 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im fairly confident im going to main CARL. at the moment, im trying to beat arcade with everyone to unlock all astral heats. i too like litchi but i prefer hakumen over arakune. my top tier character to fiddle with is rachel. im already tired of Jin's! jins and kens...COME ON GUIZ

Fixed.

cammy__watch_listed_by_isaac251-d4vz39g.

PICK A TOP TIER

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
nah, i hate carl actually. least favorite character in the game. the way he looks, sounds, plays, everything about him.

PS3 has been patched as well. now everyone is lag free icon_smile.gif

Edited by Rakielis, 04 July 2009 - 01:05 PM.

smahyt

smahyt
  • Members
  • 111 posts
I've switched my main to Arakune.

Any Rachel players here? Every time I face a Rachel they just float in the air spamming lightning rods.

#CaMer0n

#CaMer0n

GA Corporal

• Banned
  • 5,279 posts
Kind of annoying that this is non existent in th uk

Teh_FullMetal

Teh_FullMetal
  • Members
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:TehFullMetal
QUOTE (smahyt @ Jul 10 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any Rachel players here? Every time I face a Rachel they just float in the air spamming lightning rods.

Ya im trying to main rachel but she gets caught in combos too easily (or im just that bad icon_sad.gif )

But, we have to use our lightningzorz for teh maximum effect combos cool.gif

We3Tard

We3Tard
  • Banned
  • 739 posts
Fuk, I can't find this in Canada. Fullmetal, where did you get your's? If I have to go visit a relative in the States and have it shipped there I god damn will.

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
It looks pretty damn awesome but OH MY GAWD that v-13 bitch does NOT shut up!

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
QUOTE (Infernoblaze @ Jul 14 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks pretty damn awesome but OH MY GAWD that v-13 bitch does NOT shut up!

i kind of like how chatty they are

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users