Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homosexuals And Children

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

TubularLuggage

TubularLuggage
  • Members
  • 5,221 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Drumming, film making, my woman
A child does need male and female influences while growing up to have a healthy psychocolategical upbringing (this does not mean whether they're straight or gay).

That said, a homosexual couple is perfectly capable of providing that by way of close friends and such.
IPB Image

Lipid

Lipid
  • Members
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Literature, music, poker and media.
QUOTE (TubularLuggage @ Sep 8 2009, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
psychocolategical

Psycho chocolate? lol

Clevel girl...

Goth Skunk

Goth Skunk
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming, pwning n00bs, preparing for the zombie apocolypse, boobies, good friends, good laughs, and shared victory.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Goth Skunk
  • Wii:lol wii
QUOTE (CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR @ Jun 25 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am attracted to women because I want them to have my babies.
A homosexual man is not attracted to any woman.
Thus homosexuals do not want to have children. - seems like a play on words

Some homosexuals do want to parent children but this requires a surrogate. So do all homosexuals who want to have children have an inferiority complex? If not, must they be intolerably inconsiderate people? *im not sure this is rational

From a purely logical standpoint, yes you would be correct. But as we all know, our society and our species are not dictated by logic 100%. There are grey areas. It's like saying Paul is a German, all German's are Nazi's, therefore Paul is a Nazi. Logically, it makes sense when falling under these parameters. But we should all know that the statement 'all German's are Nazi's' is absurdly untrue.

I know a number of homosexual men, but I do not know any homosexual men that have a desire to raise children. This is likely a bizarre coincidence. I do not believe that homosexuality includes a desire to not raise children. Instead, I believe that one's discovery of being homosexual makes the notion of breeding silly. 2 male lovers and 2 female lovers cannot reproduce. I fully believe that some homosexuals would like the opportunity to raise children, but their orientation makes it impossible to reproduce without stepping outside it. Homosexual partners have other options though. Surrogate was mentioned, as was adoption.

Personally, I am a straight man with a live-in girlfriend. I do not want kids, period. This is a dealbreaker and my girlfriend knows it. I'll do my best to be the coolest Uncle ever to my future nieces and nephews, but I do not want kids of my own.
Veni, Vidi, Pwni.

Lipid

Lipid
  • Members
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Literature, music, poker and media.
Circular logic =/= logic

Please stop.
Clevel girl...

premiumseocompany

premiumseocompany
  • Members
  • 13 posts
as long as they can raise children in a good way,... it doesn't matter if they are homosexual or what.

moscato

moscato
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:My name is Chirs bn, I grew up in wine county California . My parents had a winery business and were wine enthusiasts. I ended up the same way. I have a particular interest in a wonderful and little known wine. Moscato wine is a small niche that not many people know about except for wine enthusiasts. I love [URL=&quot;http://www.mymoscatowine.com&quot;]Moscato[/URL] wine .
I was just having a conversation over this I am glad I came across this it cleared some of the questions I had.

x_byakugan_x

x_byakugan_x

holy shit I have a title

• Global Moderators
  • 4,855 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:alphaferret415
  • PSN:alpha-ferret_415
  • Wii:Memorized?
  • Rofl-Rupees:None
QUOTE (moscato @ Nov 14 2011, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just having a conversation over this I am glad I came across this it cleared some of the questions I had.

u gay?

QUOTE (Rickrolled @ Jan 10 2011, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love how the resident tough guy is happy to talk trash on an internet forum but back pedals as soon as he is called out. Typical coward. No doubt he'll respond to this with excessive bravado in order to restore his rightful place as a fully fledged internet badass.

I like to make werewolf...
MOVIES
bunny.jpg

ThrashTitan

ThrashTitan
  • Members
  • 922 posts
  • Steam ID:Maximus_Metallicus
THIS THREAD.

...will not accept my images.

Edited by ThrashTitan, 15 November 2011 - 04:10 AM.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 13 2011, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to clarify that I am indeed trolling in this particular thread.

QUOTE (spiri7ussancti @ Jun 8 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FIRST OF ALL. ur stupid, me and my friends have a name for kids like you we meet in pub games. We call them "new age gamer"

rosebanks123

rosebanks123
  • Members
  • 21 posts
QUOTE (CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR @ Jun 25 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am attracted to women because I want them to have my babies.
A homosexual man is not attracted to any woman.
Thus homosexuals do not want to have children. - seems like a play on words

Some homosexuals do want to parent children but this requires a surrogate. So do all homosexuals who want to have children have an inferiority complex? If not, must they be intolerably inconsiderate people? *im not sure this is rational

I think in this generation, homos doesn't feel inferior because most of them now are outspoken and they are now publicly accepted.

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

IRC Awards 2006: Friendliest | i r beefcaek. ph33r me!

• GA Private
  • 3,572 posts
  • xfire:maxdamagus
  • Interests:Rockin', art, gaming, listening to good music, etc...
  • Wii:will rock you
  • Gamer Army ID:108
I'm scared to go out at night in case there are gay people watching, waiting to pounce.
I can't trust anyone anymore. The gays, they're everywhere. I know they want me, I know they want to touch me and rape me.

I thought I saw some once and I hid in the shadows behind a wall, and listened.
One of them said "I really like having sex with straight men the most, taking them home and working them into it".

I found that really offensive.

You can usually spot them.
They carry macbooks and the male ones spend more than five minutes on their hair every morning.

You used to be able to weed them out by the games they played, mostly Nintendo games.
There was a re-emergence of this when the Wii was released but now even gays don't play Wii games.
I heard a gay man say "Wii? That's too gay, even for me, and I am a gay man, ha ha ha ha ha."

They really creep me out.

There is some ridiculous reasoning in the posts in this thread.

There are quite a few lesbian couples who want to raise children, I guess one of the most high profile male examples is Elton John and his gay lover raising a kid.

To the guy in this thread who says "children are a dealbreaker with my partner", you do not know what you are asking of your lover.
A woman has this baby making appliance built into her, she suffers as a result of it, she will feel at some level defined by it.
She will, at some point, if not now, feel an incomplete human being, a failure, if she does not conceive; if she does not give birth.

It is not something men have to go through, we are biologically, socially and culturally more capable of independence and solitude.

It's not just a stigma for women (which it IS, and many women will condemn her or you and show outrage over this in order to change her mind), but there is something deep inside her mind, her body, her nature that could drive her crazy enough to want to leave later on in life.

Just sayin'.

Honestly I don't like gay people.
I don't like Mario fans either, but no one gets angry and points fingers at me for being a "Mariophobe".

Live and let live.

Edited by MaxDamage, 05 September 2012 - 08:30 AM.

The last hyena laughing, is the Lion's first kill.

The B.I.V.

The B.I.V.
  • Members
  • 2,556 posts
  • xfire:Balls!!!
  • Interests:Urban Rivals (online CCG), Writing, Zero Hour, Dawn o' War, CS:Source, Snowboarding/Waterskiing, Family man with wife and 6 lil ones. Favorite music artists (In no particular order): Chris Isaak, The Corrs, Bone Thugs N Harmony, The Donnas, Eminem, Pam Tillis. NBA B-ball (Go Jazz!).
  • Xbox / GFWL:Sux
  • PSN:Mah
  • Wii:Console
  • Rofl-Rupees:15
Trolling here now that the "Pathetic Lives of Gamers" thread died, eh Max? Read the thread title. This thread is about whether or not Homosexuals should have children, not about whether or not you like homosexuals. You added absolutely nothing to the topic. Thanks for playing.

Interesting looking back at my old comments. I must admit I've mellowed a little bit since then. Homosexuals having children still makes me a little uncomfortable. I mean, okay, two consenting adults want to have a same-sex relationship. Fine. But bringing kids into the equation? Now you're affecting more than just yourselves. Of course this only really matters to people who have something against the whole gay thing in the first place.

I don't hate gays but I definitely have trouble relating to them. I mean, I know how to interact with men, and I know how to interact with women, but homosexuals are somewhere in between. I haven't interacted with Lesbians much. Moreso with gay men. And it's weird. The media wants us to believe they're men in every way except that sexually they prefer other men. That's not the case, though. They're men but they also have a lot of feminine traits, but you can't treat them like a woman, because they're not women...but you can't exactly treat them the same as men, either...so it's...awkward. I mostly just make small talk with them when they're around. I suppose spending more time with them would make things less awkward but I tend to not travel in the same circles so our paths only rarely cross...
sigs SUCK!
I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the greatest, free-est online CCG EVAR!!!!

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

IRC Awards 2006: Friendliest | i r beefcaek. ph33r me!

• GA Private
  • 3,572 posts
  • xfire:maxdamagus
  • Interests:Rockin', art, gaming, listening to good music, etc...
  • Wii:will rock you
  • Gamer Army ID:108
QUOTE (The B.I.V. @ Sep 7 2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read the thread title. This thread is about whether or not Homosexuals should have children, not about whether or not you like homosexuals. You added absolutely nothing to the topic. Thanks for playing.

Obviously my opinion is that they should not.

If I was in power, and it was within my ability to stop them however, I would not.

If the adoption agencies are efficient and judge them suitable then that ought to be enough.
If they have biological children by bringing a third party into the equation that can be problematic, and the kid will almost certainly want to know who the 'other' parent is.

I have also read of a situation where a man agreed to impregnate a lesbian, in a mutual agreement that that would be the only role he played; and then came back with a change of heart wanting to be a part of the child's life, and was backed up by the government. I happen to think that he has the right, as it is his child.

So I think gay couples need to be careful, I fully understand the desire to raise biological offspring may be as powerful for them as anyone else.

Frankly, given the number of single parents (almost exclusively single mothers) living jobless or working part time in state funded accomodation, being paid child support by men (who are treated like criminals/potential pedophiles when it comes to access to their own offspring) on top of that; perhaps two parents of any sexual persuasion/orientation might even be preferable.

The pressures of raising a child can be great and many single mothers (who are often single because men find them impossible to live with) can take it out emotionally and physically on their children, it's good to have someone to keep them in check; and provide more stable, full time parenting of young ones.

Edited by MaxDamage, 07 September 2012 - 07:35 PM.

The last hyena laughing, is the Lion's first kill.

Emotive

Emotive
  • Members
  • 2,175 posts
Live and let live.

Irony at the base level.

Edited by Emotive, 08 September 2012 - 03:03 AM.

ya_ba

ya_ba

Best General Discushun Contributor | Also, do one!

• GA Private
  • 6,989 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of things buuuuuuut I'm not gonna list them, k? k ;D
  • Gamer Army ID:2645
The first thing you mentioned was that you are a straight guy.
I don't think that being that, makes your point of view different.
I'm also straight, and I don't see why my love and my "need" to raise a family with the person I choose to, is above someone else's need to do the same thing.
I have a few homosexuals friends, and I pretty much know they'd be great as parents.
Of course, they can't actually *make* babies, but if they come to adoption? They are probably better candidates than most straight people I know.
Sorry, that's my point of view.

Dude.
yael.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users