Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homosexuals And Children

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR
  • Members
  • 382 posts
I am attracted to women because I want them to have my babies.
A homosexual man is not attracted to any woman.
Thus homosexuals do not want to have children. - seems like a play on words

Some homosexuals do want to parent children but this requires a surrogate. So do all homosexuals who want to have children have an inferiority complex? If not, must they be intolerably inconsiderate people? *im not sure this is rational

Edited by CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR, 25 June 2009 - 03:40 PM.

pearlsea

pearlsea
  • Members
  • 576 posts
  • Steam ID:Pearlsea
This is probably going to get deleted/crap sectioned but I'm bored and may as well make up a post.

I have nothing wrong with homosexuals, thats their sexual preference I'm not going to dislike them for that. Yet its biologically impossible for them to have children in their relationship the same way heterosexuals make children. I don't think its a good practice for them to have a surrogate let them create a child. If they want to adopt and raise a child sure thats great, but you need to come to the conclusion its not possible for you to create a child of your own in your relationship. There are limitations in life, I don't think you need to accommodate every little thing to make everyone equal.

Edited by pearlsea, 25 June 2009 - 03:47 PM.

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR
  • Members
  • 382 posts
I guess it relates to our perception of family, I appreciate the input, but youve avoided the question

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
QUOTE (CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR @ Jun 25 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some homosexuals do want to parent children but this requires a surrogate. So do all homosexuals who want to have children have an inferiority complex? If not, must they be intolerably inconsiderate people? *im not sure this is rational

um ye i agree with your asterix note...

also im fairly sure homosexuals still have an instinct to reproduce, its just that their hormones or whatever are making them be attracted to the wrong sex

Edited by Rob`, 25 June 2009 - 04:28 PM.

Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Homosexuals want children because they feel inferior to straight people? Does this make sense to anyone?

Edited by Master C, 25 June 2009 - 04:24 PM.

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR
  • Members
  • 382 posts
QUOTE (Rob` @ Jun 25 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
um ye i agree with your asterix note...

right but I mean to ask legitimate questions. so long as youre concise i dont mind constructive criticism

Master C your post makes no sense. its like you havent even tried

someone?

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
QUOTE (CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR @ Jun 26 2009, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am attracted to women because I want them to have my babies.
A homosexual man is not attracted to any woman.
Thus homosexuals do not want to have children.

So if you did not want children would you have sex with men?
Who you are sexualy attracted to has nothing to do with if you do or do not want babies.

QUOTE (Rob` @ Jun 26 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its just that their hormones or whatever are making them be attracted to the wrong sex

um... no. The 'wrong sex' huh?

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

Rob`

Rob`
  • Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • xfire:noobnoobnoob1337
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Jun 25 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
um... no. The 'wrong sex' huh?

if they want to have kids then yes wrong sex...

edit: i see where this is about to go if i dont clarify

as already pointed out the whole reason we have a sex drive is to try and get us to reproduce but since homosexuals are attracted to their own sex who they cant reproduce with its obviously not going to serve that purpose. thats what i mean by 'wrong sex'

and no that doesn't mean i think homosexuality is unnatural nor am i trying to make some antigay point

Edited by Rob`, 25 June 2009 - 05:50 PM.

Perhaps if this signature is witty enough, someone will finally love me.

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
QUOTE (Rob` @ Jun 26 2009, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as already pointed out the whole reason we have a sex drive is to try and get us to reproduce...

tbh I just have sex because it feels good... (with ladies btw)\

but thanks for clarifying the other stuff.

Edited by raw_genesis, 25 June 2009 - 06:02 PM.

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR
  • Members
  • 382 posts
Of the posts here relating to the topic none seem to want to address my questioning. Does this mean it is rational?
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Jun 25 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So if you did not want children would you have sex with men?

yes/no/maybe. could you elaborate on this?

again I appreciate the response but thats like 40 views without answer

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
Why dont you clarify the OP instead of lecturing us to answer the question?

Edited by Master C, 25 June 2009 - 07:37 PM.

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
QUOTE (CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR @ Jun 26 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of the posts here relating to the topic none seem to want to address my questioning. Does this mean it is rational?

yes/no/maybe. could you elaborate on this?

again I appreciate the response but thats like 40 views without answer

Personaly I don't see it as rational but different people have different opinions / levels on rationality.

and as an elaboration on my question, do you find both men and woman equaly sexualy attractive yet chose to have relationships with women for the one and only sole pupose of having babies?

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
  • xfire:anatomy20
  • Steam ID:anatomy187
  • Xbox / GFWL:anatomy187
  • PSN:anatomy187
  • Gamer Army ID:2743
  • Company:Delta
Homosexuals want children because they want their legacy to live on even though they can't physically have children (with eachother in the case of women or in the case of two men then obviously they just can't form a babby period). It's the same as people wanting to adopt a child or get a surrogate mother because they are sterile or whatever it may be.

Also, I'm not attracted to women because I want them to have my children...I really don't want a kid. I just want to get to play with the fun parts. Hahahahaha...and you know have movie nights and all that too.

Anyway this isn't even a fucking debate, wanting to have kids just because other personal decisions in life or even nature itself prevent you from doing so does not mean you have an inferiority complex...that's just retarded. It would be more of an inferiority complex to pretend to be attracted to women when you are gay. And wanting children doesn't equal being attracted to the opposite sex so that argument is pretty fail.

GG

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR
  • Members
  • 382 posts
To me the question was clear

Inferiority complex - must kind of suck to be in a minority and not be able to participate in a standard activity. additionally so because only one partner in a relationship will have their sperm/egg used with the surrogate. if this does not make homosexuals inconsiderate then that must mean homosexuals completely disregard genetics which makes them intolerable?
and as an elaboration on my question, do you find both men and woman equaly sexualy attractive yet chose to have relationships with women for the one and only sole pupose of having babies?

seems quite off topic but anyway. i recognise sexually attractive men and women, but only the women interest me because a man on man sexual relationship seems completely pointless

fu anatomy this is a legit debate!!

Edited by CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR, 25 June 2009 - 08:27 PM.

Lone Crow

Lone Crow

teh_stockaderer

• GA Lieutenant
  • 1,339 posts
  • Interests:Anything as long as I'm relaxed. Guitar, friends, video games, etc.
  • Xbox / GFWL:MADBARZ
  • Gamer Army ID:3558
  • Company:Kilo
I see it as illogical to think that homosexuals have an inferiority complex. People want children because they want children. Homosexual or otherwise. I think evolution has played a part in that. Those whom wanted children reproduced until now we have a huge population of people who want children, even if some of them have irregular hormones that throw off their sexual preference.

A better topic would be "Do you feel that homosexuals should be allowed to raise children?".

WARGAM3R

WARGAM3R
  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, movies, novels, art, music... Nothing specific enough to list aside from a military bent, hence the screen name.
  • Steam ID:WARGAM3R
QUOTE (Lone Crow @ Jun 25 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A better topic would be "Do you feel that homosexuals should be allowed to raise children?".

That would fall under the broader topic of who would you give the right to raise children at all, and of course whose values would you have instilled in them?

If it were possible I'd eliminate homosexuals from raising their kids 'to be homosexuals'; don't press them into anything. And naturally I'd do that the other way around. But sadly no government or force on this Earth can stop the spread of bigotry or manage the growth of the next generation.

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
QUOTE (CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR @ Jun 25 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if this does not make homosexuals inconsiderate then that must mean homosexuals completely disregard genetics which makes them intolerable?

It makes more sense when you are having a debate when you actual pose a question that makes sense...since when does 'disregarding genetics' (which PLENTY of straight people have to do when they are sterile) automatically make a person 'intolerable'? Who says you can't take sperm...and put it on an egg...in an act other than sex between man and women? And if you say the Bible that is a whole 'nother debate because if you take on that assumption then homosexuality itself is forbidden so it is kind of pointless arguing about them raising children or not.

And how are they even inconsiderate? Because only one person in the relationship can have their genetics passed on? Like I said plenty of straight people are stuck in that same situation and just how the hell else are you going to do it? It's not like the couple doesn't come to an agreement on how it goes down so...what the hell are you even trying to debate here!?!?!?!?!

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR
  • Members
  • 382 posts
I appreciate the suggestion Lone Crow but I think I've seen or heard a discussion like that before and otherwise you are misquoting me. I did not say homosexuals have an inferiority complex, but I posed the question Do homosexuals who want to have children have an inferiority complex?
QUOTE (anatomy187 @ Jun 26 2009, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It makes more sense when you are having a debate when you actual pose a question that makes sense...since when does 'disregarding genetics' (which PLENTY of straight people have to do when they are sterile) automatically make a person 'intolerable'? Who says you can't take sperm...and put it on an egg...in an act other than sex between man and women? And if you say the Bible that is a whole 'nother debate because if you take on that assumption then homosexuality itself is forbidden so it is kind of pointless arguing about them raising children or not.

And how are they even inconsiderate? Because only one person in the relationship can have their genetics passed on? Like I said plenty of straight people are stuck in that same situation and just how the hell else are you going to do it? It's not like the couple doesn't come to an agreement on how it goes down so...what the hell are you even trying to debate here!?!?!?!?!

The Bible - no

The former intolerable question was If [homosexuals do] not [have an inferiority complex regarding their sexuality] must they be [by nature] intolerably inconsiderate? in my initial elaboration I got the word order confused for which I apologise

Infertile people can not have children. Every fertile homosexual is capable of having children. "just how the hell else are you going to do it?" Im not sure that is a good question. It's fair to assume anyone in a relationship will have an understanding with their partner, but can it ever be fair to demand that your partner raise an unrelated child? Maybe this question is best posed to a homosexual. Would you (anatomy187 or other) be capable of unconditionally loving and parenting a child that is not your own?

Nerd_Rage

Nerd_Rage
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Psychology, chocolate, Philosophy, Physics, Meditation, Yoga, Environmentalism, Video Games, Societal change, having teh fun, embracing alternative states of consciousness, laughing, intertubes, photography, gardening, food, cooking, baking, eating, smelling, tasting, touching, loving, living....

First of all, what makes you think that homosexuals wanting children and not being able to have each others children would give rise to an inferiority complex? Typically an inferiority complex requires feeling inferior due to circumstances that are not necessarily beyond the persons control (i.e they can change how they feel by accepting what they are etc). Homosexuals can't have children in the same way that straight couples do, that's just the way the pipes are set up, not a reason to feel inferior. On the contrary, any couple can and do have children through adoption and surrogates.

Secondly, I don't see how you are getting to them being intolerably inconsiderate, it doesn't seem rational at all to me. I can maybe see it if you demand something of your partner that they have explicitly specified as not being interested in (i.e raising a surrogate), but even then it's a bit of a stretch to call them intolerably inconsiderate. Some homosexual couples don't want children. Those that do usually do together and do it by the means they are capable of. Just because the child is a surrogate or adopted shouldn't change the parents capability to love them unconditionally if they really want them. Mind you not everyone is capable of unconditionally loving someone, no matter who they are or what their sexual orientation is.

Nerd_Rage

embrace the shadpw.
<3

anatomy187

anatomy187
  • GA Corporal
  • 2,574 posts
QUOTE (CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR @ Jun 26 2009, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's fair to assume anyone in a relationship will have an understanding with their partner, but can it ever be fair to demand that your partner raise an unrelated child? Maybe this question is best posed to a homosexual. Would you (anatomy187 or other) be capable of unconditionally loving and parenting a child that is not your own?

Your partner can make his or her own decision if they are comfortable raising a child that isn't related to them or not. I'm willing to bet that in nearly every single case of a homosexual couple wanting kids, both partners agree. I doubt there are many cases of one of the partners 'demanding' that they use his sperm (or her eggs if they are lesbians) and that they other partner is just going to have to deal with it? If one partner doesn't like the idea they don't have to stick around do they?

And yes, there are PLENTY of examples of parents unconditionally loving children that aren't their own. Ever here of step-children and adopted children? Wanting to raise a child with someone you love despite the fact that you can't actually have the child with them has nothing to do with an inferiority complex, it has nothing to do with ...most people want to leave a legacy of their own by raising a child, and even though raising one that isn't your own isn't always the norm it isn't all that uncommon either. This debate is even less of a debate since it is about homosexuals who are much more used to going against the norm than most straight people in the first place.

The point is that anyone is 'intolerably inconsiderate' if they force or demand their partner raise or have a child with them according to some guidelines that the other partner doesn't agree with but I doubt this happens very often in cases of homosexuals or even people in general.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users