Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Smashball

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Alrighty, Smashball is a free to DL 3rd party HL2 mod. The point of this isn't to kill each other, per say.

Basically the game is a fast paced game where you have to either A) Run the ball into the opposing sides net B)Throw the ball into the opposing sides net.
The game has grappling hooks, guns and speed boosts. The guns are to knock out, and kill your opponents, or slow them down ect. I'll get more into that in a bit.

There are 4 classes in the game, Forward/Halfback/Fullback/Goalie. Each one getting stronger and more durable but lacking speed/turbo for getting the extra life. The Forward is the fast agile but quick to die class that excells in scoring points, the Halfback is a solid all around class that has some pretty strong weapons and are capable of taking a decent beating. The Fullback is more defense oriented just like their footy counter part. Although, they have alot of HP and some sneaky dirty tricks. They're an overall pain in the butt for offense. The goalie really shouldn't leave his net, because he's the only class that can block shots, and annihilate anyone who goes near him.

The weapons;

The Forwards weapons are a Minigun does meh damage but is usefull for just spraying while you don't have the ball, and then they have a goop thrower. It throws gelatinous globs of goop on people that slows them down and covers their hud making it harder to see. It's great for chocking up the entraces to your net to help slower team mates come back and help out.

The Halfback has a shotgun that is pretty decent for covering an area with shot to help knock people off of their hooks(grapples) and their secondary is a rocket launcher that fires semi seeking missles at the enemy if he's holding the ball. Very useful weapon to help keep the ball in the offensive zone, with solid defensive purposes too.

The Fullback's primary is a lighting esque gun that jumps from the person you hit it with, to any nearby enemies. Great for crowded goal rooms, does solid damage. They also have this green energy beam as their secondary, it grabs enemy players and basically turns their movements into a crawl. It doesn't do any damage, but again, it practically stops you from moving. His third weapon is 4 spider mines, which are like the HL2 ones, but alot smaller. They can only be planted on your third of the map, and they attack the nearest thing to themselves(enemy only).

The Goalie, has for his primary weapon a gatlingun that shots a retarded amount of shells in a huge spray. While it's not like it does super high damage, it adds up pretty damn quickly. His second weapon is a rocket launcher the rocket is basically 3 rockets in one though, and I think it's mostly a 2 hit kill for every class. It also does huge amounts of knock back. His third weapon is 8 spider mines.

Every class can use their turbo to ram someone and do damage, the bigger and slower your class is, the more damage their turbo does. Goalie slams are basically one hit kills.(To keep people from flooding the net.) Every class has infinite ammo for all their guns. The spider mines can only be 4 laid down at a time and 8 laid down at a time respectively.

Health! When you lose all your HP, you get knocked out, and you have a timer until you wake up again. Usually it's no more then 5-8 seconds. It's 3 seconds if you pick the Rocky Balboa trait. The more you get knocked out, the higher chance for you to die instead of being knocked out. Now, you do respawn, but only when a goal is scored, or the round ends.

Traits, there are traits in the game that let you pick how you play. They all vary and are all usefull depending on how you play the game. They range from the Rocky Balboa(Less time knocked out, more knock outs before dying) to damage modifiers, turbo regen and hp regen modifiers, and other chance things, like knocking people off their hooks ect.

The game works. Each hand thrown goal is worth 3 points. Each goal run into the net is worth 7 points. It is easier to throw the ball in, because running usually means "Hello spider mines." or the goalie smashing your face in. There are 6 rounds in a game, each 3 minutes (Or 2:30 I can't recall). With a 7th round at the end incase of a 6th round draw. (Never got to 7th round, don't know if it's sudden death or not.) Each time a goal is scored the players reset to their own home bases, and the team who was scored on, starts ahead of the other team, meaning they will (unless mentally handicapped) get the ball first. Where as, when a round changes, the players are equal.

Maps! The maps are solid, and very CTF like. The maps are completely mirrored, with no ladders no tunnels or anything like that. (With turbo, where you're going, you don't need ladders) The maps are pretty damn good.

Well, that's about all I have to say about it. Maybe someone else will join me in enjoying this free mod.

TL;DR: It's a great free HL2 mod and eh doesn't afraid of anything.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
Dude that actually sounds pretty sick. I might have to jump on that too!

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Free to DL on Steam!

Edit; It's also like a 30 second DL.

Edited by Sir Kyle Aziz, 20 June 2009 - 06:43 PM.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
I know a few guys from QL who are playing this at the moment. Might give it a shot when i'm uncapped.

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jun 21 2009, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know a few guys from QL who are playing this at the moment. Might give it a shot when i'm uncapped.

lol, Australian ISP :3

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
So, I played with the current Best player in Smashball. He told me I'm good, but I use my turbo too much. Which is true, all he does is hook around, and he doubles my speed easily. It's alot of practice though. The guy is a fuckin' beast at the game. But yeah, I was pretty pleased I got that compliment, especially from a guy who made the game 98-6(I scored twice), before he switched and made the game 102-98.... :\ In fucking 6 rounds, he had like 25 Run-ins, and 22 shot goals....

His name is Booom[Three] and he's in pretty much all the games Steam Screenshots.

I only hope to play more with him in the future. He's a pretty cool dude.

suck my balls- 10 times

suck my balls- 10 times
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Infr4mer
Fucking fun as shit but the game is gonna suck major dick once they get the mmo leveling bull working.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
hmm, looks interesting.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
Fun but very chaotic.
And like that, he was gone.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Oh yeah, it's very chaotic. The worst parts are when you're around an enemy net and their goalie is spamming spider mines or their chaingun like no tomorrow. It's just bullets and explosions everywhere.

- i luv noobs -

- i luv noobs -
  • Members
  • 606 posts
  • xfire:-steam ftw-
  • Interests:Chicks<br />Games<br />Pure Pwnage<br />That's pretty much it
  • Steam ID:xxdidorioxx
  • Xbox / GFWL:bryan7474
  • PSN:-i dun liek ps3-
  • Wii:-i sold mah wii-
The tutorial... was glitchy... had to noclip like twice.

But the actual online gameplay is fun awesome2.png
QUOTE (Xayun @ Sep 10 2009, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. I refuse to believe that we are not being trolled. No-one could be this instantly unlikeable

QUOTE (- i luv noobs - @ Sep 10 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No-one you say? :neutral: Consider that comment as a welcome back for me, yall can thank Xayun.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
Downloading now looks pretty good
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
Looks alright, im downloading now icon_smile.gif

- i luv noobs -

- i luv noobs -
  • Members
  • 606 posts
  • xfire:-steam ftw-
  • Interests:Chicks<br />Games<br />Pure Pwnage<br />That's pretty much it
  • Steam ID:xxdidorioxx
  • Xbox / GFWL:bryan7474
  • PSN:-i dun liek ps3-
  • Wii:-i sold mah wii-
Also I'm about 90% sure the voice actor for the tutorial worked on the same team with me for another FPS game that pretty much failed.
QUOTE (Xayun @ Sep 10 2009, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. I refuse to believe that we are not being trolled. No-one could be this instantly unlikeable

QUOTE (- i luv noobs - @ Sep 10 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No-one you say? :neutral: Consider that comment as a welcome back for me, yall can thank Xayun.

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
  • xfire:360shunted
  • Steam ID:shunted
  • Xbox / GFWL:shunted
  • PSN:shunted
knife them hookers skill is really good

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
  • xfire:360shunted
  • Steam ID:shunted
  • Xbox / GFWL:shunted
  • PSN:shunted
just had a game and scored 33-3 KO's

A.Phobos

A.Phobos
  • GA Private
  • 1,735 posts
  • xfire:H17M4N23 _______ Quake Live: Hitman23
  • Interests:FPS, movies, Stand-up Comedy, And Stuff....
  • Steam ID:Hitman
  • Xbox / GFWL:wish i had one
  • PSN:suck mah ballz
  • Wii:1044724098965336
  • Gamer Army ID:3494
  • Company:Bravo
I couldn't get many servers with good ping. so I just deleted it. I'll get it again once there are more servers in my area. Also, the concept is really good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users