Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Glass Orb

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

.Lasse

.Lasse
  • Banned
  • 815 posts
  • xfire:ranu
  • Interests:Graphic's and Design
My first attempt at making a realistic Glass Orb.

Thoughts and comments please.

Jaadus

Jaadus
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • xfire:Jaadus
  • Interests:Games ftw.
it looks cool... not quite glassy though...

i'm thinking materia (like shown in FFVII: Advent Children)...

maybe if it had some transparency or something reflected in it, it might look more real. the blues on the glass seem a little too dark, but make a nice contrast, though i think the contrast would be done better by having a light colored orb reflecting some darker object or background, rather than a light one that you couldnt really see glass very well on in the first place...

i dunno, just thoughts
Thats right. I hit him so hard he fell off the internet.

.Lasse

.Lasse
  • Banned
  • 815 posts
  • xfire:ranu
  • Interests:Graphic's and Design
Yeah, i see now that i did a bad job with the reflection part. The main thing of this photo was to try and experiment with the places to put the light part and how it would reflect on a waterish ground when the light was coming from above. (You may notice the small dark rings on the ground of the pic).

1up

1up
  • Members
  • 2,185 posts
  • xfire:amullan
  • Interests:Gaming, Music, Films
QUOTE (Jaadus)
it looks cool... not quite glassy though...

i'm thinking materia (like shown in FFVII: Advent Children)...

maybe if it had some transparency or something reflected in it, it might look more real. the blues on the glass seem a little too dark, but make a nice contrast, though i think the contrast would be done better by having a light colored orb reflecting some darker object or background, rather than a light one that you couldnt really see glass very well on in the first place...

i dunno, just thoughts

You stole my words!!
Anyway, its really good but it doesnt really look like glass.
If quizzez are quizzical then what are tests?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users