Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1967 Ford Mustang

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:Chewing bubble gum and kicking ass... and I'm all outta gum!
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:3318
  • Company:Alpha
So back in september '08, on my way to the PP Premier in Vancouver, I saw a '67 Mustang for sale for CA$10,000 obo. Last week, I happened to be in the same area, and that car was still there. The car seemed in pretty good condition. from the outside, all that would be needed is some touchups: maybe new tires, a new radio, maybe new oil and stuff, but otherwise, i think it'd be fine.
I'm thinking of asking one of my friend to come and test out the car (they know more about cars than i do).
The questions is: how much should i offer if it runs fine? and how much if it runs crappy? should i even bother with this car?
I'm going to try to find some pics of it.

UPDATE: Found the photos.

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
if it's been out that long I wouldn't go above 75% of what is wanted (if that) and I'd say you can do cash up front (if you can).

SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

Sir_Slik

Sir_Slik
  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
Well depends on the condition and how much you want it... if its in good condition (not likely since no ones bought it) ~$10k isn't bad considering it is a classic muscle car.

If its in poor condition I'd offer 3,000 cash, if its somewhere in between obviously try for the lowest you can but settling for 4-5k would be a decent deal. I am a fan of the 67 mustang so thats why I would pay 3k even if it wasn't in great condition... you dont see a hell of a lot of them being sold usually.

Could always restore it and sell it for profit at a car show/auction if you're into that sort of thing.

Edited by Sir_Slik, 05 May 2009 - 10:19 PM.

The lunacy of today is the genius of tomorrow.

R.I.P. Troy <3

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
if it has not been pretty mush completely rebuilt or garaged most its life I would not bother with it at all, old cars like that are usualy problem cars that hae gone threw a few owners and done an insane amount of miles.

Its the kind of car you'd buy as a project car and bit by bit completely rebuild it into a real beast.

You implied that you don't realy know that much about cars so I would have to say that for you it would probly be better getting a car for the same price thats 30 years younger and done way less miles.

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
Theres bound to be problems with engine and gearbox and suspension if it hasn't been sold by now.

Or it just isn't a '67 which it probably isn't otherwise even a collector would have bought it by now.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

valgear

valgear
  • GA Private
  • 2,011 posts
  • xfire:GodOfPwnage
  • Interests:Gaming, building computers, working on computers, PP, all teh mods &lt;3
  • Xbox / GFWL:valgear
  • PSN:valgear
  • Wii:6735537814589178
  • Gamer Army ID:111
It must be in real shitty condition if he's only asking 10k and it hasn't sold yet. I would take if for a run, see if everything is running smoothly, check for rust on the undercarriage, checkk the engine/everything under the hood and make your decision on that. If everythin is up to standards, 10k is a steal, but I would offer 8 just to try and save a few bucks.
--Last.fm--Facebook--Twitter--

I'm Done *Covers Face*

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
If it is a fastback don't, classic back - yes.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
QUOTE (MCClammer @ May 5 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it is a fastback don't, classic back - yes.

I think it's a classic back. EDIT: Added Pictures to the original post.

Sir_Slik

Sir_Slik
  • Members
  • 1,135 posts
The body seems to be in good condition.... however thats only a small part of the car. Are you looking at this car for an everday car or just a toy?
The lunacy of today is the genius of tomorrow.

R.I.P. Troy <3

P-Man

P-Man
  • GA Corporal
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:Yar
  • Steam ID:[PPGA] Biscuit
  • Xbox / GFWL:JordMBush
  • Gamer Army ID:1880
  • Company:Gamma
Go in with your eyes wide open, you're likely to find a lot of issues with a car that has been on sale for that long for that price. Every fault you find use it as a bargaining tool. But I'd say you're looking at a project, not a drive away.

fykusfire

fykusfire
  • GA Private
  • 1,316 posts
  • xfire:fykusfire
  • Steam ID:fykusfire
  • Gamer Army ID:1293
  • Company:Hotel
Well, a fully restored Mustang in that year here in the US goes for 10,000 US dollars so that doesn't really seem like a good deal unless it has also been fully restored. If it all runs relatively well, I would go about 6-7.5K CA for it. That seems fair. It is still a beautiful beast of a car in my opinion though.

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
QUOTE (Sir_Slik @ May 6 2009, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The body seems to be in good condition.... however thats only a small part of the car. Are you looking at this car for an everday car or just a toy?

as an everyday car. I guess the next step would be to give it a test drive.

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
I heard from someone that this car has been sitting there for a couple years, so i could most definitely bargain it down to just a couple grand. I still need to test drive it.

MCClammer

MCClammer
  • GA Private
  • 3,346 posts
  • xfire:mcclammer
  • Gamer Army ID:1114
That is a very sexy mustang. I'm jealous. There was a nice blue one, fully restored in my area for 10k but it was auto and I would want a stick for a classic mustang.
Part of the unlock the motherfucking weed thread crew. Join us.
www.techbums.net <--the secks
I have no attention span, beware, I will forget the debate threads I have posted in.
I cannot spell or conjugate verbs on the internet for some reason. Fight through it.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
My buddy says it looks like a V6 and if you're not man enough to buy an V8 you should just buy a corolla or something. So he says it's not worth the price at all. He also said something along the lines of it being a family car and it looks like it has 14" rally tires.

But the main reason I am posting is because he told me was that you should not use it as a daily car because it won't last.

Would be fun to have but if it's a V6 definitely don't buy it unless you get a V8 conversion kit. He said there's nothing wrong with a 289 but if it's a 283...
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
QUOTE (cadetduke @ May 9 2009, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My buddy says it looks like a V6 and if you're not man enough to buy an V8 you should just buy a corolla or something. So he says it's not worth the price at all. He also said something along the lines of it being a family car and it looks like it has 14" rally tires.

But the main reason I am posting is because he told me was that you should not use it as a daily car because it won't last.

Would be fun to have but if it's a V6 definitely don't buy it unless you get a V8 conversion kit. He said there's nothing wrong with a 289 but if it's a 283...

Your buddy sounds like a typical redneck. "Hurr no replacement for displacement".

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Buy a 96 Twin Turbo Toyota Soarer for $8500 (well thats $AU so you can probly get it way cheaper)

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

Garamiah

Garamiah
  • Global Moderators
  • 6,674 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:20
QUOTE (TWINTURBOSkyline @ May 10 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your buddy sounds like a typical redneck. "Hurr no replacement for displacement".

This.

GL affording to run a V8 as an everyday car...
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Jul 11 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the ocean and I had a frizbee, and some 8/10's were like THROW IT TO US and I just pretended I didnt hear them and swam quickly back to beach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users