Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anyone feeling nostalgic? Or is it just me =0)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

[HPD]IG0ranI{HQ}

[HPD]IG0ranI{HQ}
  • Members
  • 299 posts
  • xfire:g0ran
  • Interests:Gaming, design, coding
Remember the old n00b website PP had?

First time I saw the new site I was all WTF? , why did they do that. The site looks pro an stuff but I kinda liked the old one more, and not cause it looked better (the layout sucked big time :roll: ) but cause it had teh "mojo, teh libido, teh life force, teh essence, what the French like to call a certain, "I don't know what"".

It looks to me like PP isn't having as much fun as they had before, they are more and more doing it for teh money. Not that I don't understand them, I would do it myself on their place. Now don't get me wrong, the episodes pwn as much as before it is just that teh things are changing from "Watch our episodes if you want, I don't give a shit if you like it or not" to "Ok, you are hooked now - pay us if you want more".

I would like more if I would watch good show made with shity equipment than watching same show filmed in better quality for $$$. Cos lets face it we are not watching the show because it is filmed in high quality but because it is a high quality fun wink.gif

You are probably asking yourself WTF are you talking; all shows are free for download. So, what really got me into writing these is teh premiere of 9th episode that will be shown in cinema, and to watch it you have to pay a small amount of money. Teh episode will be available for download the next day, so if things start to go in that direction maybe we will wait for episode 10 like a month to be downloadable, and who knows episode 20 could be shown just in cinemas. That would be great for teh PP (and I would like them to get there and to get some real bucks for their talents) but bye-bye good ol free fun we all have together now.

Just MHO.

HQ

Orky

Orky
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts
Man's gotta make a living, mang; they're not asking for a huge sum here, probably enough to rent out the theater. There's only so much that can come out of their pockets, especially with how hard they work. I don't think it's a lot to ask for considering the amount they spend on creating the show.
-Your Mom-

Rod

Rod

I love post count implants.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,529 posts
QUOTE (Orky)
Man's gotta make a living, mang; they're not asking for a huge sum here, probably enough to rent out the theater. There's only so much that can come out of their pockets, especially with how hard they work. I don't think it's a lot to ask for considering the amount they spend on creating the show.

Yea I agree, this is the optional thing to do for hardcore fans(pay money). Plus leaked versions would hit the streets soon after it is shown if they delay it more than a few days. PP has hit the point where they can do just about anything and still have watchers, so don't say they are asking too much.

MaxDamage

MaxDamage

IRC Awards 2006: Friendliest | i r beefcaek. ph33r me!

• GA Private
  • 3,628 posts
  • xfire:maxdamagus
  • Interests:Rockin', art, gaming, listening to good music, etc...
  • Wii:will rock you
  • Gamer Army ID:108
Well one theory about this attitude is blue sky syndrome ('everything was lovely in the old days' etc), combined with the fact that some fans of musical artists, directors etc like to feel that they are on the same level or in a more extreme sense feel like they 'own' or are a part of the work created (in their heads).

Success commercially and in terms of popularity makes these shallow people feel less 'special' so they cry 'sell out!' then find someone/thing else to latch onto until that sells out.

Often people are turned off when people get popular, maybe it makes them feel belittled or subconsciously 'betrayed' because they haven't been thanked personally.

What happens when success is reached is that the vision of the artist becomes truer to their original intentions, and this can sit uneasily with rabid fans...
The worst thing is after that point when the artist tries to cater to the fans to try to appease them... it goes horribly wrong, you have to stay true to your own integrity.

Although in honesty in some cases artists do need to be knocked down a peg or two as ego can take over - however I hardly think Pure Pwnage crew are in this situation.. it's difficult to maintain great humour with an ego problem, unless its part of the routine.

UUr16xn.png
I don't need tattoos to look hard. I AM hard.

[HPD]IG0ranI{HQ}

[HPD]IG0ranI{HQ}
  • Members
  • 299 posts
QUOTE (Orky)

1st of all I doubt they are renting it, where would they get that kind of money (just think if just like 10 ppl ll get there to see premiere, as much as that is unlikely - it could happen)

2nd Why showing it in theatre? Why??? Especially if they are not getting money out of it like you are saying...

QUOTE (TheDamagerer)
Although in honesty in some cases artists do need to be knocked down a peg or two as ego can take over - however I hardly think Pure Pwnage crew are in this situation.. it's difficult to maintain great humour with an ego problem, unless its part of the routine.

I kinda agree with your post, and I hope you are right. But I, and I'm sure you and everyone that was here long enuff can fell PP changing. And it is too early to say how it will end up, but the direction where it is heading is selling teh show, not having fun like it was initially, but selling it. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm right till they prove me wrong. LOL @ my linguistic abilities!

Orky

Orky
  • Members
  • 2,574 posts
Well I highly doubt the theater's going to show everybody and their mom's videos just because they ask. Clearly they've either earned the reputation with the person who owns the theater, or they're renting it. (and will soon earn the rep, anyway.)

And why not? I think it'd be fun to meet other PP members irl.
-Your Mom-

[HPD]IG0ranI{HQ}

[HPD]IG0ranI{HQ}
  • Members
  • 299 posts
QUOTE (Orky)
Well I highly doubt the theater's going to show everybody and their mom's videos just because they ask. Clearly they've either earned the reputation with the person who owns the theater, or they're renting it. (and will soon earn the rep, anyway.)

And why not? I think it'd be fun to meet other PP members irl.

Well they sure have the reputation, and I have nothing against meeting PP crew or members on a beer in some pub... I'm trying to point out something else, I have nothing against PP making some cash, donations are cool but everything more will make them just want to sell the show more and more, and that's where the fun stops IMO. And I'm saying that cos I fell like things are going in that direction... don't you?

keeperofcheese

keeperofcheese
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Counterstrike: Source, CS: Source, and CS:S
I have to admit, I did have the sense in Episode 8 that it was made a little bit with the thought, "we have to get something out there" rather than "here's something funny I'm just making for fun". Not to a great extent, but I know what you're saying. It's a bit of a quandry, because fans of course say "I want more, more more!", and even if you're trying consciously to make something original and fun, you can't help having that in the back of your head--that there are people out there waiting for this. A lot of people.
So far I think the crew's done pretty well at keeping things real, and I commend them on that. We have to face it, though, that as their popularity increases and the show settles into a steady routine (manufacturing wise, not necessarily story-wise), they'll have no choice but to become a bit of a business.
Let's hope it's a Google and not a Microsoft.
I am.

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
  • Steam ID:virus52
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
Epp 9 in the cinema?? when did this happen? did i miss something? what cinema(s) where? oh im sooo confuzed!! icon_cry.gif

keeperofcheese

keeperofcheese
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Counterstrike: Source, CS: Source, and CS:S
Go to the main website. It's all in the News section.
I am.

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Here comes the sun!

• Global Mods - GA Brig. Genereral
  • 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Games (obviously :P ), Programming, Physics (especially Astrophysics)
  • Steam ID:virus52
  • Gamer Army ID:225
  • Company:Gamma
*SMIRKS* peh, leik i read teh news :roll:

BaneTheBastard

BaneTheBastard

Best Forum Fad/Game

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • xfire:BaneTheBastard
  • Interests:History, Writing, Poker, Polls, and Gaming.
Nifkins.

lebo47

lebo47

Moon President

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • xfire:lebo47
  • Interests:Sex with your Mother, Grandmother, or Sister. Whomever is most offensive.
Guys, it's in a cinema because the show has tons of die hard fans who would be totally psyched about seeing the episode before the rest of the world and maybe meeting the cast. It's just to make the fans happy and actually help bridge any gap between the cast and fans.
Someday I'll have a Hrugnir Voice!

Kaos Pwnage

Kaos Pwnage
  • Banned
  • 2,252 posts
  • xfire:dontbah8er
  • Interests:Games, PCs, swords, guns and Black Metal.
QUOTE (lebo47)
Guys, it's in a cinema because the show has tons of die hard fans who would be totally psyched about seeing the episode before the rest of the world and maybe meeting the cast.  It's just to make the fans happy and actually help bridge any gap between the cast and fans.

I think this guy has got it right -

I dont think Jeremy has any huge plans to make himself a $$$ mega rich man $$$ But y'know some of the expenses for teh show would be a fair bit and that money he cant pull out of his arse or grow it on trees.
Dylan Klebold - "I know we're gonna have followers because we're so fucking God-like. We're not exactly human -- we have human bodies but we've evolved into one step above you, fucking human shit. We actually have fucking self-awareness."

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
The funny thing is, if they hadn't changed the site and made it pwn like this people would be bitching about how much it should be upgraded :roll:

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

gadgad

gadgad
  • GA Private
  • 773 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:141
i met PP when i heard a guy on mirc saying: "OMFG that guy in Pure Pwnage is so ghey lol hes not even pro!" Then i asked what the hell was he talking about, he told me the site, i watched the first episode, then the rest of 'em, and then i was excited about teh 6th ep. coming out.

Now i'm a fanatic fan of the show, every new episode coming out is like the best movie i ever watched, that changed my life. Whatever the show becomes, i'll will still be a big fan, and i hope that it will remain that good.
8800 GTS//2gig of Crucial ballistix//e6850@3.0ghz//silverstone decathlon 750w//250gig sata wd hdd// modified Lian-Li v1200b
Custom Water Cooling: Alphacool Bullseye//EK blocks + Swiftech Apogee//dcc+ 18w modded top//Swiftech MCR-320 rad//

otaku_4_life

otaku_4_life

Best MMO-RPG Contributor 08!

• Members
  • 4,566 posts
  • xfire:otaku4life
  • Steam ID:0:0:9287390
  • Xbox / GFWL:o
  • PSN:L
  • Wii:L
QUOTE (goodgod)
Now i'm a fanatic fan of the show, every new episode coming out is like the best movie i ever watched, that changed my life. Whatever the show becomes, i'll will still be a big fan, and i hope that it will remain that good.

Same here. fan_4_life icon_biggrin.gif

AKA:
QUOTE (Karko @ Aug 21 2011, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that 12 year old canadian kid who used to play BF2 before going to WoW and becoming addicted

teh_bonerer

teh_bonerer
  • Members
  • 86 posts
post was great to start then it kinda slipped

its undeniable from the 1st ep of noob pwnageness to the current ep 8, pp has moved from poorville, which by all means we loved it for, to a more commercial feel, the pwnage stays tho.

i say its free anyway at the end of the day, i wud happily pay 10 bucks to go see the showing and your post kinda made no sense

AND i have a hangover
QUOTE(st1dinoh)

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU BUTTFUCKERS

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (teh_bonerer)
its undeniable from the 1st ep of noob pwnageness to the current ep 8, pp has moved from poorville, which by all means we loved it for, to a more commercial feel, the pwnage stays tho.

Actually I'm REALLY wondering if that's the truth icon_surprised.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Teh_Forsaken

Teh_Forsaken
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:animes, games, 3d art, melodic metal, medieval fantasy
well..

(jesus im not pro at engish language yet...ill give it a try tho)

i dont believe much has changed from epsode 1 to 8... in fact the stories are all about computer games... if the show changes the stories to something more like "clerks" then a lot more people (diferent audience) will enjoy the show
..thats when they will begin to make money.... until there pure pwnage is still games fans stuff.... no serius money involved...

the theatre stuff is cool... iŽd love meet some other fans... and the PP guyz have to pay the web site maintenance so.... i see no problem about all charging 10bucks to see the premiere
..not ready yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users