Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Official(?) Car Thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 2 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't go with the fucking RX8. Over rated crap is what it is.

A failure of a "rotary" engine. Don't waste your money on an RX8.

As of October 2006 the RX-8 has won at least 37 international motoring awards including 2003 International Engine of the Year, the 2003 Japanese Car of the Year, Australia's Wheels magazine's Car of the Year for 2003, the 2004 Singapore Car of the Year, the 2004 U.S. Best Sports Car, and several UK Best Car Awards. It was named on Car and Driver magazine's Ten Best list for 2004, 2005, and 2006. It also took home 1st place on Car and Driver's "Four of a Kind" comparison test.

that is all

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
Cool, it won awards in 2003?

You know what else it did a year later? The engine fell apart on it.

That is all.

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

Also, banned. | Best Ice Cream my pants Shacker 08 & 09

• GA Corporal
  • 5,719 posts
  • Interests:Nothing much anymore.
  • Gamer Army ID:334
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Sep 1 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would go for the RX8 if I was you Zanz... but then again I would rather get an RX7 over that...

But realy, if you just want a car to get from A to B then just get the Celica, they are a decent car, looks pretty good, and is apparently pretty reliable. Also I'd go the GT-S version over the GT if you can for the extra power and disk breaks all around instead of having drums on the back.

Only problem with the RX8 at the moment is price, it's still the most expensive, I'm just banking on it dropping a couple of grand in the next year. Might just be wishful thinking.

The Celica and Focus I've dropped from even considering, they haven't got that special something I want. I think it's definately gonna have to be the Audi, it's by far the best looking and most comfortable and I reckon it'd rake in mad bitches.

But my opinions on things change hour to hour, so who knows what I'll get.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Like I said, go with the Audi. In a year, you have a damn good chance of ruining the motor in your Rx8.

What all them awards and shit DON'T tell you, is how the car is after you own it for a while. All they do is look at a dyno test, see how it drives once maybe twice fresh from the factor. Then BANG award.

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 3 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said, go with the Audi. In a year, you have a damn good chance of ruining the motor in your Rx8.

What all them awards and shit DON'T tell you, is how the car is after you own it for a while. All they do is look at a dyno test, see how it drives once maybe twice fresh from the factor. Then BANG award.

The reason I'm going with the RX8 is my boss at my last job had one for over 3 years now and has never had a single problem with it and it is a fantastic ride. Of course if people are buying them and thrashing the shit out of them they will have problems and its always the ones with the problems that your hear from and not everyone else. He used to have a WRX before the RX8 (both were unmodified) and he used to have shitloads of problems with that car when most people say they are a very reliable car...

Gamer_Tyler

Gamer_Tyler
  • GA Private
  • 577 posts
  • xfire:tukimoshi
  • Steam ID:tukimoshi
  • Gamer Army ID:3732
  • Company:Alpha
'69 Stingray. Beautiful car.

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

• GA Corporal
  • 5,719 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 3 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've gotta agree with raw, I haven't actually heard any bad things about the RX8 at all. A friends dad has had one basically since new and it's been fine, nothing wrong with it in the slightest. If they're being caned around tracks I imagine they would break, but as a car to just drive around normally it really is okay.

DeadStar7

DeadStar7
  • GA Private
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, auto racing, cars, motorcycles...girls :P
  • PSN:DeadStar79
  • Gamer Army ID:4679

My car icon_wink.gif

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
^ gsx hopefully?

And in regards to the rx8 icon_lol.gif

But really, the reason the rx8 sucks is because the renisis engine is extremely underpowered, especially compared to the earlier FC and FD 7s produced (overlooking that pesky apex seal problem).

And the cherry on the top is it's horrible gas mileage. Heck the new vette makes twice the horsepower and gets significantly better gas mileage.

Edited by PTrain, 04 September 2009 - 12:31 AM.

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
QUOTE (PTrain @ Sep 4 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But really, the reason the rx8 sucks is because the renisis engine is extremely underpowered, especially compared to the earlier FC and FD 7s produced (overlooking that pesky apex seal problem).

The renesis makes 235 horsepower naturally aspirated, the 13b makes 255 pushing 10 psi...think about the power out put of a NA 13b. Thats about 150 horsepower tbh.

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Sep 4 2009, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The renesis makes 235 horsepower naturally aspirated, the 13b makes 255 pushing 10 psi...think about the power out put of a NA 13b. Thats about 150 horsepower tbh.

Yea it's cool that they were able to make the NA slightly less powerful then the turboed version. But every time I think about the rx8 I'm just reminded of the high hp tuned rx7 engines.

If mazda came out with a turboed rx8 then it would be a pretty cool car but after 10 years all I see is less hp, more weight, and no increase in gas mileage.

DeadStar7

DeadStar7
  • GA Private
  • 589 posts
QUOTE (PTrain @ Sep 4 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ gsx hopefully?

GS icon_sad.gif

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (DeadStar7 @ Sep 4 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GS icon_sad.gif

Still a beautiful interior. Is it custom leather? Looks great.

You just need some bigger wheels. and lower profile tires. You got what? 16's? 205/60/16? Maybe 215/60/16? I'd also raise the car about 2-3 inches aswell... maybe put 17s or 18's on it if I could stay above a 45 profile with the 18's.

Also, I think a nice looking car is more important then the racing version. ;] Low mileage engines are relatively cheap and heck if you've got a standard, so are the trannies.

DeadStar7

DeadStar7
  • GA Private
  • 589 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 4 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still a beautiful interior. Is it custom leather? Looks great.

You just need some bigger wheels. and lower profile tires. You got what? 16's? 205/60/16? Maybe 215/60/16? I'd also raise the car about 2-3 inches aswell... maybe put 17s or 18's on it if I could stay above a 45 profile with the 18's.

Also, I think a nice looking car is more important then the racing version. ;] Low mileage engines are relatively cheap and heck if you've got a standard, so are the trannies.

It's standard, yes icon_wink.gif Just put a set of 205/55/16's on there today, but yes, low profile is a must. I love the lowered look, so I don't think I'll be changing that at all...even for the winter icon_razz.gif Hopefully next summer I'll turbo it along with a few other goodies icon_wink.gif

The interior is custom leather, and has been crappily painted white icon_razz.gif Might have to do something about that. I do love how it looks, but it has started chipping in spots. We'll see what happens. Having issues closing the top right now. The motor can't seem to handle it when it first starts, so I have to lean over and give a bit of a pull. After that it's just fine.

Edited by DeadStar7, 05 September 2009 - 09:55 PM.

some dude

some dude
  • Members
  • 2,265 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:kumarricon
QUOTE (Gamer_Tyler @ Sep 3 2009, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'69 Stingray. Beautiful car.

i just jizzed my pants
fucking beautiful car

when i buy a car, it'll probably be an S13 turbo or a TTS or a 300ZX
all fairly sweet cars, can find good deals second hand around here
but i dont have a license yet, so i have a bit of time to save up money
performance and adrenaline = no boner.
It's the equivalent of trying to get a hard on with 20 old people standing around you with notepads and watching you intently. It just doesn't happen.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
A small car question.

I know about zero with cars/prices/ect. (big noob)
My friend is selling his cars cd player/mp3 player thing and since my car only plays tapes I'm some what interested.
He's selling it for $50AUS and reckons he can install it.

So is that a good deal/is there anything I should be checking out before I make the purchase?

Cheers icon_biggrin.gif!

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
It's only a bad deal if it's broken.

Yes you can install it yourself, but if you're not sure, you might want to take it somewhere and have them do it for you. It's not expensive, places like BestBuy do it.(If they have the auto electronics part)

Shouldn't be too hard to find a shop to do it for cheap, Im sure even your car dealer could do it for you, if you asked nicely. I can't imagine you spending more then 100AUS maybe 150AUS for someone to install it for you.

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ Sep 8 2009, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes you can install it yourself, but if you're not sure, you might want to take it somewhere and have them do it for you. It's not expensive, places like BestBuy do it.(If they have the auto electronics part)

Shouldn't be too hard to find a shop to do it for cheap, Im sure even your car dealer could do it for you, if you asked nicely. I can't imagine you spending more then 100AUS maybe 150AUS for someone to install it for you.

QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Sep 7 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's selling it for $50AUS and reckons he can install it.

why is it that no matter how much you clean your own car, it never looks as clean as other peoples clean cars...

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

• GA Corporal
  • 5,719 posts
Man I love cars.

Couldn't sleep last night, so as soon as it got light (about 7am) I went out and just started tinkering with my shitty Corsa. Started off by fixing the stereo wiring, which consisted of ripping out all the door cards and all the seats, finding all the random scattered speaker cables, tearing them out and completely replacing them. Took like 3 hours and now I have a car which can play music. Which is nice.

Then I looked at my car and thought, no. So off ot Halfords, got some wind deflectors for the front windows and a small GSI spoiler for the back window. Got back, whacked 'em on and it is looking FINE. Also managed to get my hands on a set of leather Vauxhall Calibra seats, which can basically be trasnplanted into my Corsa with no effort whatsoever. Pics soon.

So theropeutic. If anyone's ever having a bad day, just go and have what is basically sex with your car.

some dude

some dude
  • Members
  • 2,265 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:kumarricon
god damn it i need a car
public transport sucks nuts
performance and adrenaline = no boner.
It's the equivalent of trying to get a hard on with 20 old people standing around you with notepads and watching you intently. It just doesn't happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users