Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Official(?) Car Thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

CapnCrunch53

CapnCrunch53
  • Members
  • 243 posts
  • xfire:capncrunch53
  • Interests:Stargate, BSG, my computer :D, aviation
  • Steam ID:t3h_h3r0_0f_t1m3
Mmm I'm getting new front leaf springs for my truck, so it'll at least pretend to have some suspension now icon_biggrin.gif

Also I'm quickly learning how easy it is to apply too much gas taking off in a big V8 rear-wheel drive car icon_wink.gif

Edit: Yay the service manual for my Firebird came in today icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by CapnCrunch53, 27 June 2009 - 03:45 PM.

Pegasus: Phenom II X4 920 @ 3.5GHz | XSPC Rasa | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB OCZ Platinum 1066MHz DDR2 | HIS HD6870 1GB @ 975/1120 | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair HX1000 | NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black | Win7 x64 Ultimate
Prometheus: C2D E8400 @ 3.6GHz | Corsair H70 | MSI P7N SLI Platinum | 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz DDR2 | 2xEVGA 8800GT 512MB (SLI) @ 650/1620/950 | OCZ Agility 2 60GB | 2x250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RAID0 | Corsair HX850 | CoolerMaster 692 Advanced | Win7 x64 Ultimate

CapnCrunch53

CapnCrunch53
  • Members
  • 243 posts
/necro I know, but I didnt want this thread to die

Well my friend is getting his permit this week, and if all goes well he hopes to buy this BMW 325i for $1200:

I'm pretty excited for him, its pretty kick-ass. Also, I hope to soon buy a new Edelbrock ProFlo air cleaner for my bird like this one:

Anyone else got any car-related thoughts to share?

Pegasus: Phenom II X4 920 @ 3.5GHz | XSPC Rasa | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB OCZ Platinum 1066MHz DDR2 | HIS HD6870 1GB @ 975/1120 | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair HX1000 | NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black | Win7 x64 Ultimate
Prometheus: C2D E8400 @ 3.6GHz | Corsair H70 | MSI P7N SLI Platinum | 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz DDR2 | 2xEVGA 8800GT 512MB (SLI) @ 650/1620/950 | OCZ Agility 2 60GB | 2x250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RAID0 | Corsair HX850 | CoolerMaster 692 Advanced | Win7 x64 Ultimate

DeadStar7

DeadStar7
  • GA Private
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, auto racing, cars, motorcycles...girls :P
  • PSN:DeadStar79
  • Gamer Army ID:4679
I'm too lazy to step out the door and take new shots of my Integra, so here's a few that I found.

Here's the gf's Cavalier.

I'll get real car pics at some point. Like I said though, I'm just too lazy right now. Plus she's seen better days icon_sad.gif

Me on the track.

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • xfire:Hasjustbeenpwnd
  • Interests:games, computers and bitches
Not my dream car but the first car i've owned so i can't complain.

(no pictures of it in my driveway, no SD card readers in my house currently)

2000 Sebring, that's about the right color.

And yes i know "that's an old guys paint color", and that's probably because my grand father gave it to me so it kinda was an old guys car for a while.

Hopefully i'll get a job and be able to get it painted black sometime soon, when i do i'll post up some pictures of it in my driveway and all that jazz.

Edited by hasjustbeenpwned, 02 August 2009 - 02:35 PM.

DeadStar7

DeadStar7
  • GA Private
  • 589 posts
Maybe when you get your license you'll actually be able to drive the Sebring icon_razz.gif

No shame in driving that, btw. Better than NOT having one.

CapnCrunch53

CapnCrunch53
  • Members
  • 243 posts
@hasjustbeenpwned, not a bad car at all, pretty nice icon_biggrin.gif

Although I'm rather interested, what exactly is the car behind it, and the blue one on the left of the pic? Looks like some muscle and a classic 50s car? Me likey

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
QUOTE (CapnCrunch53 @ Aug 2 2009, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@hasjustbeenpwned, not a bad car at all, pretty nice icon_biggrin.gif

Although I'm rather interested, what exactly is the car behind it, and the blue one on the left of the pic? Looks like some muscle and a classic 50s car? Me likey

i wouldn't know like i said no sd readers dcolon.png

but yea it's a pretty nice ride i just can't wait to get to paint it black.

DeadStar7

DeadStar7
  • GA Private
  • 589 posts
QUOTE (hasjustbeenpwned @ Aug 2 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wouldn't know like i said no sd readers dcolon.png

but yea it's a pretty nice ride i just can't wait to get to paint it black.

Dude, I don't know what you are expecting that to cost, but I was quote $3000 for a paint job for my car when I first got it :-/

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
QUOTE (DeadStar7 @ Aug 2 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, I don't know what you are expecting that to cost, but I was quote $3000 for a paint job for my car when I first got it :-/

ouch, shit sucks, i knew it was expensive but i thought it was gonna be like $1500 :/

well..... i don't know when the hell i'm gonna be able to get it re-painted...

DeadStar7

DeadStar7
  • GA Private
  • 589 posts
QUOTE (hasjustbeenpwned @ Aug 2 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ouch, shit sucks, i knew it was expensive but i thought it was gonna be like $1500 :/

well..... i don't know when the hell i'm gonna be able to get it re-painted...

Could be. Depends where you go and the color and shit. But still, saving up $1500 will prove harder than you think. Hard not to spend it when you have it.

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
QUOTE (DeadStar7 @ Aug 2 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could be. Depends where you go and the color and shit. But still, saving up $1500 will prove harder than you think. Hard not to spend it when you have it.

nah when i really want something i save up for it, i'd probably set some money aside for any big game releases or what not, but if i could get it done for 1500 i wouldn't mind saving up.

DeadStar7

DeadStar7
  • GA Private
  • 589 posts
Better get Maaco icon_wink.gif

raw_genesis

raw_genesis

The Flaming Homo of the year '09

• Members
  • 3,655 posts
  • xfire:rawgenesis
  • Interests:the ladies ;D
  • Steam ID:raw_genesis
  • Xbox / GFWL:ex bawks
  • PSN:pee ess tripple
  • Wii:Weeeeeeee!!!
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
QUOTE (hasjustbeenpwned @ Aug 3 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I went to a few places to get the boot and both back quater pannels on my car resprayed and people where quoting anyware from $850 TO $1500... Then I had a little accident and backed into a trailer and dinted the back left corner of the car which made the price go up even more to get that fixed and do the re-spray.

But then my dad told me about a guy he knew that resprays custom cars and hotrods with realy intricate custom paintjobs but he also does normal cars on the side sometimes for extra money between jobs and he did the pannel beating and respray for only $800. He was just a 1 man thing and had a massive shed at the back of his house where he did all the work. So don't be afraid to check out everyone, not just the bug companies, because you will usualy find a way better price that way and the work is usualy just as good if not better because they won't rush the job.

QUOTE (Shaun. @ Apr 28 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AAAAA+++++++++++++++ GREAT SERVICE AND GOOD PACKAGE. WOULD BANG AGAIN

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI
  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • xfire:retardlad
  • Xbox / GFWL:Xx Blooddrunken
Didn't know we could also post dream cars here dcolon.png I have quite a list of cars/trucks that I want when I become rich.

2010 Chevy Silverado.

Best body style in a truck period.

2010 Ford Mustang.

Best body style of a Mustang since the early 60s-70s. Friend of mine had a Mustang like this with flowmasters in it. Meanest sounding car I have ever heard in my life. I would probably do the same to piss off the ricers where I live.

2010 Chevy Camaro

Saw one of these driving through town the other day. They look great. Shame it was a V6 model

As for imports I have always wanted a Subaru WRX. I would probably keep the body stock because I would not want to rice it.

And I wonder why my dad always laughs at me when he ask what car I want...

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
QUOTE (raw_genesis @ Aug 2 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*snip*

Thanks for the advice bro, one of the first places i was gonna look into was actually a small business that my aunt and uncle own like half of. But i was gonna try to get as many estimates as i could to get the best price possible in my area.

CapnCrunch53

CapnCrunch53
  • Members
  • 243 posts
Well I finally did it, I upgraded my air cleaner icon_biggrin.gif Went with the 14" diam / 3" tall Edelbrock Pro-Flow, I think it looks secksy as hell icon_biggrin.gif

Before:

After:

Also, I got (for now) the left headlight motor working icon_biggrin.gif

snow

snow
  • GA Private
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:cars games and well pp
  • PSN:snow306
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:4665
  • Company:Alpha
ok im driving a 91 honda accord and an 84 pontiac fiero 2m4(my baby) ill have pics of the fiero once i finish my engine swap paint and int work long time from now as for dream cars i own the one but the other 3 are as follows. 2000 Nissan skyline gtr r34 with stock saphire blue paint, 65 pontiac gto and last but certainly not least 71 challenger rt white with a 440 hemi mag engine (vanishing point one).
this needs to be on the forum rules page

QUOTE (Extracheez @ Sep 10 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This again, is where you are taking my argument and calling it false, yet you have completely missed what I'm saying, so much so that I have said "1+1=2" and your reply is "no, because I'm an owl".

Reveers

Reveers
  • Members
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Not freezing to death on this forsaken rock of an island.
QUOTE (DeadStar7 @ Aug 2 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me on the track.

Nice Formula Vee!

Just two weekends ago while on vacation I volunteered to marshal a Winnipeg Sport Car Club (WSCC) Solosprint II event at the Gimli Motosports Park in Manitoba and I have to tell you I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
They even let me do some hot laps in the Evo after all the racing was done the first day.

Nice to see an enthusiast.

QUOTE (DeadStar7 @ Aug 2 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me on the track.

Nice Formula Vee!

Just two weekends ago while on vacation I volunteered to marshal a Winnipeg Sport Car Club (WSCC) Solosprint II event at the Gimli Motosports Park in Manitoba and I have to tell you I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
They even let me do some hot laps in the Evo after all the racing was done the first day.

Nice to see an enthusiast.

Jamie

Jamie

I can't stop crying ;(

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:SurprisedPlanet
QUOTE (CapnCrunch53 @ Aug 16 2009, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I finally did it, I upgraded my air cleaner icon_biggrin.gif

Air filters actually pretty easy to change, I done it on my old shit heap car. Always makes a good noise when you have a new one icon_razz.gif

QUOTE (Tree_ @ May 20 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jamie, just go smoke some crack; you'll feel better.

kaptein_knivkamp

kaptein_knivkamp
  • Members
  • 965 posts
  • xfire:kapteinknivkamp
  • Xbox / GFWL:bayersk
I just bought a mini cooper ! awesome2.png

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users