Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Official(?) Car Thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

CapnCrunch53

CapnCrunch53
  • Members
  • 243 posts
  • xfire:capncrunch53
  • Interests:Stargate, BSG, my computer :D, aviation
  • Steam ID:t3h_h3r0_0f_t1m3
QUOTE (Reveers @ May 17 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CapnCrunch that is a really nice truck dude, classic. Great paint and those look like they're probably the original hub caps? Gorgeous.

Thanks, I luvs it icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, idk about them being original.. the 2 front ones match and say DODGE, and theyre kind of.. I guess you could say tapered. You can't tell from the bad pictures, but the rear ones are like a smooth dish, one is completely blank and one has a triangle on it. I think they look good regardless, but I don't think they're all original.

Oh btw I changed the oil today, added brake fluid, and replaced the oil filter and the gasket for the oil pan, which stopped the slow leak it had icon_smile.gif Also tried to hook up 2 different 12v horns but no avail.. it makes no sense cuz its getting 12v according to the volt meter, and it goes "thud" when its connected and I hit the horn. So its obviously moving, its just not making that.. horny.. sound icon_wink.gif Oh well..

QUOTE (Riddle @ May 17 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that evo is the sex

^This

Pegasus: Phenom II X4 920 @ 3.5GHz | XSPC Rasa | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB OCZ Platinum 1066MHz DDR2 | HIS HD6870 1GB @ 975/1120 | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair HX1000 | NZXT Switch 810 Matte Black | Win7 x64 Ultimate
Prometheus: C2D E8400 @ 3.6GHz | Corsair H70 | MSI P7N SLI Platinum | 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz DDR2 | 2xEVGA 8800GT 512MB (SLI) @ 650/1620/950 | OCZ Agility 2 60GB | 2x250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RAID0 | Corsair HX850 | CoolerMaster 692 Advanced | Win7 x64 Ultimate

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
QUOTE (some dude @ Apr 12 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'd kill for one of those oldschool V12 jags

THIS

and THIS

Edited by DarkKitchen, 17 May 2009 - 06:06 PM.

P-Man

P-Man
  • GA Corporal
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Yar
  • Steam ID:[PPGA] Biscuit
  • Xbox / GFWL:JordMBush
  • Gamer Army ID:1880
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (DarkKitchen @ May 18 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[image]
and THIS

HAHAHA! It has less power than a Honda, it's gears are so short it has a lower top speed than a Honda (but also why they take off so quickly) and handles like a lump of lard on wheels.

For a decorative piece, sure it'll look nice sat on your drive, but for my money, I'd rather have one of these:

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Going to get up some pictures of my car soon. o: Gotta clean it. Is dirty. );

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
QUOTE (P-Man @ May 18 2009, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHAHA! It has less power than a Honda, it's gears are so short it has a lower top speed than a Honda (but also why they take off so quickly) and handles like a lump of lard on wheels.

For a decorative piece, sure it'll look nice sat on your drive, but for my money, I'd rather have one of these:

Aww come on. I'm also not a big fan of mustangs but even the original GT500s have a ton more torque then any honda. And the Elanore remakes have really worked engines in them.

And your comparison really isn't that good. From what I know of those old V8 Astons they are pretty damn rare. I would bet you'd be spending quite a bit more then you would on a GT500.

You can't knock mustangs for not handling well. It's just something they were never designed for. But they go straight for a 1/4 mile pretty fast.

But I never realized how much those old Astons look like mustangs. I wonder who copied off who. icon_lol.gif

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (PTrain @ May 18 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww come on. I'm also not a big fan of mustangs but even the original GT500s have a ton more torque then any honda. And the Elanore remakes have really worked engines in them.

And your comparison really isn't that good. From what I know of those old V8 Astons they are pretty damn rare. I would bet you'd be spending quite a bit more then you would on a GT500.

You can't knock mustangs for not handling well. It's just something they were never designed for. But they go straight for a 1/4 mile pretty fast.

But I never realized how much those old Astons look like mustangs. I wonder who copied off who. icon_lol.gif

They look like Mustangs the same way any car from the 70's with a large engine in it looks like any other 70's car with a large engine in it.

P-Man

P-Man
  • GA Corporal
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Yar
  • Steam ID:[PPGA] Biscuit
  • Xbox / GFWL:JordMBush
  • Gamer Army ID:1880
  • Company:Gamma
QUOTE (PTrain @ May 19 2009, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Torque is a silly measurement to go by as it is altered by the gearbox. Which as I said, in muscle cars uses a really short ratio so they have huge amounts of torque (quick off the line) but a low top end and that was more down to the limitations of the engine which had no real power for it's size and not through good design.

I will admit I do like how Mustangs look and sound, but like I already said you'd only ever keep one on your drive/in the garage to say "yes I have a mustang" but without a lot of work to the undersides you wouldn't want to drive it. I wouldn't anyway as round where I live is mostly winding country roads so I'd want a car that felt confident on them and American steering racks never had that. Even now when they get a rolling chassis from Mercedes Benz, they will take a great handling car and replace the steering rack with an American favoured one (not to mention replace the springs and shocks with marshmallows and elastic bands), which just gives no feedback at all. Maybe being "eurotrash" or a "eurofag" means I am spoilt for choice as I've done B-Road blasts in great handling cars and some appalling ones and I know what I'd rather have.

AMV8's have held their price well and you're looking at new Ferrari/Lambo money for one, however to get say an Eleanor over here you're not far off that anyway. But personally, I'd still take the AMV8. It makes all the right noises a V8 should, it drove better than the Ferrari's and Lambo's of the day and it was faster than the Ferrari's and Lambo's of the day, although not by much.

I've always been a fan of American Muscle, but not as a car I'd ever want to drive, just something to look at. Old Aston's just tick all my check boxes.

Bob-o

Bob-o
  • Members
  • 533 posts
  • xfire:wtfmate354
  • Interests:Gaming
I wan save up to get Nissan silvia s14 dcolon.png

lawlerer

lawlerer
  • Members
  • 1,128 posts
  • xfire:eelektrix
  • Interests:rock climbing, hacky sack, fishing, computers, video games, marijuana, spirituality, environment, etc
QUOTE (Bob-o @ May 20 2009, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wan save up to get Nissan silvia s14 dcolon.png

You should save up even more for a Nissan Skyline GTR....or if you feel like saving up EVEN MORE for a Nismo Skyline GTR (although I'm not sure how available this one is for the public)

EDIT: also a quick tidbit about the GT500, the 2010 model is supposed to increase handling by a fairly decent amount I've heard.

Edited by lawlerer, 20 May 2009 - 12:31 AM.

IPB Image

Bob-o

Bob-o
  • Members
  • 533 posts
QUOTE (lawlerer @ May 19 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should save up even more for a Nissan Skyline GTR....or if you feel like saving up EVEN MORE for a Nismo Skyline GTR (although I'm not sure how available this one is for the public)

EDIT: also a quick tidbit about the GT500, the 2010 model is supposed to increase handling by a fairly decent amount I've heard.

True. I was looking at the GT-R and whatnot. One of my buddies owns one, pulls hard as hell. lol im really back and forth with what i want, do remember that it snows up here in the great white north icon_wink.gif

PTrain

PTrain
  • Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Steam ID:ptrain
  • Xbox / GFWL:aaahhXBOXlive
QUOTE (P-Man @ May 19 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Torque is a silly measurement to go by as it is altered by the gearbox.

I've always thought torque is the only measurement that truly measures engine power. And most of the time the torque and hp numbers you see are from the crank anyway, so it's independent of the transmission.

Not to mention, HP depends on torque anyway.

But I can see your point about the 60s muscle cars. They do drive like boats, and I'm sure not a whole lot of them are rolling around Great Brittan.

Edited by PTrain, 20 May 2009 - 09:13 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
Okay, here is my beaut.

The rims are hard to see, but they're;

Motegi FF7.

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
  • xfire:b1ohaz4rd
  • Interests:Music, Bass, Gaming, Girls, Audio Engineering.
  • Steam ID:2xdead
I found out last Monday that HSV make this! The HSV Clubsport R8 Walkinshaw.
With 470 Kilowatts, 6.2 Litre LS3 Supercharged V8 with 550nm of Torque I think..

It's Australia's fastest production car! Yes the W427 is slower! But that 7.0 Litre V8 is pretty sexy!

Anyway the Walkinshaw is 80 grand with just the kickass exhaust, spoiler, supercharger and the Clutch that's in the W427. Best priced car for performance in the country!
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio | R.I.P Paul Gray

Riddle

Riddle
  • Members
  • 622 posts
QUOTE (Biohazard. @ May 26 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found out last Monday that HSV make this! The HSV Clubsport R8 Walkinshaw.
With 470 Kilowatts, 6.2 Litre LS3 Supercharged V8 with 550nm of Torque I think..

It's Australia's fastest production car! Yes the W427 is slower! But that 7.0 Litre V8 is pretty sexy!

Anyway the Walkinshaw is 80 grand with just the kickass exhaust, spoiler, supercharger and the Clutch that's in the W427. Best priced car for performance in the country!

only 80 fucking grand! Insane.

Edited by Riddle, 26 May 2009 - 09:58 AM.

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
QUOTE (lawlerer @ May 20 2009, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Bob-o @ May 21 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True. I was looking at the GT-R and whatnot. One of my buddies owns one, pulls hard as hell. lol im really back and forth with what i want, do remember that it snows up here in the great white north icon_wink.gif

To the above: Do a RB26DETT swap into the Silvia! Uber highway car.

QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ May 26 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rims are hard to see, but they're;
Motegi FF7.

Those wheels seem to only look good on Civics and Integras.

I'm probably going to buy some of these:

17" SuperLights with cheap drift tread, but when I get more moeny I'll get some Toyo Proxxes R888 semi-slicks.
And they are literally superlight, <10kg ea. with rubber.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Vicarious.

Vicarious.
  • Members
  • 285 posts
Currently using my dads Pontiac G5

(not my pic but the car looks exactly the same as this, colour and such)

Edited by Vicarious., 26 May 2009 - 05:36 PM.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
QUOTE (TWINTURBOSkyline @ May 26 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm probably going to buy some of these:
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/wcbmlh.jpg[img]

17" SuperLights with cheap drift tread, but when I get more moeny I'll get some Toyo Proxxes R888 semi-slicks.
And they are literally superlight, <10kg ea. with rubber.

-Shrug- they are a 5x114.3 I think they'd look good on anything if you had the right colour car. Like my white car with black rocker pannels and black interior looks good with them.

Also, why Toyo slicks? Get Sumitomo. They're much cheaper and almost as good.

Biohazard.

Biohazard.
  • Members
  • 1,819 posts
  • xfire:b1ohaz4rd
  • Interests:Music, Bass, Gaming, Girls, Audio Engineering.
  • Steam ID:2xdead
QUOTE (Riddle @ May 27 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
only 80 fucking grand! Insane.

I know, with all the add on wanker shit it's like 105 grand lmao.
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio | R.I.P Paul Gray

Bob-o

Bob-o
  • Members
  • 533 posts
QUOTE (TWINTURBOSkyline @ May 26 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To the above: Do a RB26DETT swap into the Silvia! Uber highway car.

Lol i was seriously just thinking about that.
I think im gonna save up, get the s14 itself, then later down the road swap the sr20 for an rb26dett icon_biggrin.gif

SR20's still got some kick to them and it'll be more then enough to get the tail out

TWINTURBOSkyline

TWINTURBOSkyline
  • GA Private
  • 2,219 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:3320
  • Company:Omicron
QUOTE (Sir Kyle Aziz @ May 27 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, why Toyo slicks? Get Sumitomo. They're much cheaper and almost as good.

Toyo's are the cheapest around my area. Mates rates. Plus, they grip fantastically so I don't see a reason to change.

Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 a direct port of the console version?
Infinity Ward: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users