Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pure Pwnage / Fan Base

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

5ean

5ean
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:ConmanReborn
I am writing this in concern to the possible diminishing fan base of such a reputable crew. I have been a fan of Pure Pwnage since the beginning, and have always adored the support and intent of this show. It saddens me to surmise the downfall of one of my most favorite groups on the internet, this project is riddled with talented and smart people who impact communities abroad. Obviously due to recent hardships, things will inevitably get hairy, but I have noticed this trend long before said grievances. I know the crew works hard toward quality and overall satisfaction of their fans, but to a point where episodes are being put forth with one year intervals? May this not hinder my credibility in this message, but that's bullshit. Coming out with forty minute videos should be a one-two month project at most, especially with the plot already in line and ready to go. I miss skipping home from school in joy to find any updates or possible new episodes on the site. Not to imply I need to be coddled each and everyday for a false sense of belonging, but damn it when I hop on the Pure Pwnage site I feel like I walked into a dusty and deserted town. This message is being sent forth not to stir up commotion, but to sort of "nudge," the PP crew and let them know of my concern.

Cognate to the nature of my opinion, I just want to express my deepest apprehension to the popularity and success of those I hold with the highest veneration and respect. Please take with great heed, my words are sourced with good intent and high aspiration. Taken into consideration, this is merely one's opinion, one that I hope you hold with respect, and I only wish the best for you guys.

Okay, now stop reading my rant and get to WORK! =D

~Sean Hewko

Tom Kane

Tom Kane
  • GA Private
  • 351 posts
  • Steam ID:outlawsx822
  • Gamer Army ID:4343
  • Company:India
Ok heres something, Pure Pwnage will go at its own pace. Not to be persuaded by a couple of fans. The pace is at most respectable.

Listen here, there are tons of shows that can buy you time: Angry Video Game Nerd, Red vs Blue, There Will Be Brawl, Zero Punctuation, so on an so forth. Watching those can take your mind off of Pure Pwnage. You joined the forums today, if you are what you say you are then you might have another account.

Your post means nothing i'm afraid. A lot of other people post threads like this but they get locked, and I am glad they do. You seem to come with good intentions but still, I am tired of threads like these. You wanna know something? When they came ou with that long update in February, everyone got quiet and started talking about it. Now people are like "OMG FEEDZ ME MOAR INTEL!" Dear God someone stop the endless complaining. You want to give a so called "nudge". I am afraid this post will end up like the rest.
Previously known as Outlaw.

5ean

5ean
  • Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (Outlaw*sx @ Apr 2 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok heres something, Pure Pwnage will go at its own pace. Not to be persuaded by a couple of fans. The pace is at most respectable.

Listen here, there are tons of shows that can buy you time: Angry Video Game Nerd, Red vs Blue, There Will Be Brawl, Zero Punctuation, so on an so forth. Watching those can take your mind off of Pure Pwnage. You joined the forums today, if you are what you say you are then you might have another account.

Your post means nothing i'm afraid. A lot of other people post threads like this but they get locked, and I am glad they do. You seem to come with good intentions but still, I am tired of threads like these. You wanna know something? When they came ou with that long update in February, everyone got quiet and started talking about it. Now people are like "OMG FEEDZ ME MOAR INTEL!" Dear God someone stop the endless complaining. You want to give a so called "nudge". I am afraid this post will end up like the rest.

Alright, fair enough. Mind you this is only my opinion, and I promise you this is my only account. I don't make accounts and go about with an extremist fashion with things. I hop onto the site every now and again and enjoy its contents. I think this site is brilliant in its efforts. I love it.

I'm a sincere fan, and if my opinion means nothing, then that's simply a tragedy. I'm only expressing my feelings about the situation, and maybe some will relate and hopefully some will take away with some boosted morale. I'm sorry if I've offended by simply saying what I feel in this current situation, and like I said, I don't need to be coddled like a attention whore. I respectfully want to see more of what I love, and to negate any sense of selfish seed in that sentence, I'm just telling the PP public this is what I'm thinking and what I feel, and not demanding anybody to appease my dictation.

Take it as you will, hate if that what gives you your satisfaction of the day. I'm just simply a concerned fan.

~Sean

Tom Kane

Tom Kane
  • GA Private
  • 351 posts
It's not you, it's the point of the thread period. We have to many threads like this, it just gets annoying.

You may be a sincere fan, but as you can see threads like this have been post before. Which have caused nothing in their wake, some of the threads are eventually locked anyways.

People who have been on the forums for quite some time post threads like this already.

What I am saying is, its been done over and over in every possible forum posting way.

Skrie

Skrie

PP Lifetime Achievement & Overall Best PP Contributer 08

• GA Corporal
  • 3,179 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:7
Our gods seem troubled... this can be resolved by either...
Whining for their blessing all day... like a lot of members do.
Or you could do the sensible thing. SACRIFICE a moderator !

5ean

5ean
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Well, as you know I just created this account. I haven't been reading much posts and don't really know the history of what has been discussed. Let me stress that I was just exerting my concern with the community of PP the best way I knew to, on the forums.

And to call my post whining? Really? Nothing short of ignorance, my hats off to you though; you've successfully inflated your dire need of manhood over the internet.
GG

Skrie

Skrie

• GA Corporal
  • 3,179 posts
QUOTE (5ean @ Apr 3 2009, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, as you know I just created this account. I haven't been reading much posts and don't really know the history of what has been discussed. Let me stress that I was just exerting my concern with the community of PP the best way I knew to, on the forums.

And to call my post whining? Really? Nothing short of ignorance, my hats off to you though; you've successfully inflated your dire need of manhood over the internet.
GG

I wasn't calling you a whiner specifically...
I displays a general garment and you claim its cut to your fit

Actually... I think you make some valid points.
But obviously... making posts about it doesn't help at all.
What's been done has been done. I'm personally just waiting this one out.
Maybe once stuff starts rolling again the show could be as good as anytime.

You interpreted my responce completely wrong.
I was only trying to lighten the mood. Stuff is way to seriously
on these forums lately. This is a comedy audience.. let's not forget that.

-Skrie icon_cool.gif

Tom Kane

Tom Kane
  • GA Private
  • 351 posts
Like you have said before you are a "sincere" Pure Pwnage Fan. Next time read, because everyone is tired of threads that complain, QQ, or attempt change the crews ways.

You sir, don't ever put GG at the end of your post, it's quite "unecessary" in forum talk. Because when you say GG you might be concluding the thread discussion is over, when in fact it isn't.

You are of course just voicing your opinion but your opinion is like all the other complaining fans that post the same time of threads. I am not saying you are a complaining fan, but people with the same views like you complain. Which in turn when you think about it, we aren't mad at you. We are mad at the ignorant QQ'ers that complain to much that give people a bad name you see.

When it comes down to it this thread is no different than the others.

5ean

5ean
  • Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (Outlaw*sx @ Apr 2 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not you, it's the point of the thread period. We have to many threads like this, it just gets annoying.

You may be a sincere fan, but as you can see threads like this have been post before. Which have caused nothing in their wake, some of the threads are eventually locked anyways.

People who have been on the forums for quite some time post threads like this already.

What I am saying is, its been done over and over in every possible forum posting way.

Btw, your responding in a respectful manor and still stating your thoughts, which is completely fine. Way to prove your not socially inert.

Tom Kane

Tom Kane
  • GA Private
  • 351 posts
I try to type in complete punctuated sentences when in conversations like these. Being polite is part of it.

5ean

5ean
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Ok ok ok, all good feedback. and yes I lack forum experience but that don't matter much.

and may I add one thing, if so many people are "QQ'ing," there's obviously a problem that should be addressed with conversation. I understand to wait it out and give PP their space, and they need it. I just wanted them to know I'm getting antsy. Let's not hinder opinions and label them complainers though, who seem to have legitimate concern. I also understand the blocks on threads, if it isn't addressed with respect, who will take you seriously?

Let's keep our chins up, and hopes high. I'm willing to wait it through, Pure Pwnage deserves that at this time.

Tom Kane

Tom Kane
  • GA Private
  • 351 posts
People QQ because they want more to quickly or they sit there bored refreshing the PP Front page over and over.

The people that come on here posting threads, swearing everywhere are the people we call QQ'ers or complainers. We do like it when people voice their opinions in a civil manner but the downside to that is just another thread saying the same thing the QQ'ers were but just in a more civil polite manner.

if you want to send a message to someone try geting their facebook or myspace or w/e. I sent Joel Gardiner a few messages before, surprisingly I got responses. However I am NOT saying to spam them lol icon_razz.gif.

5ean

5ean
  • Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (Skrie @ Apr 2 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't calling you a whiner specifically...
I displays a general garment and you claim its cut to your fit

Actually... I think you make some valid points.
But obviously... making posts about it doesn't help at all.
What's been done has been done. I'm personally just waiting this one out.
Maybe once stuff starts rolling again the show could be as good as anytime.

You interpreted my responce completely wrong.
I was only trying to lighten the mood. Stuff is way to seriously
on these forums lately. This is a comedy audience.. let's not forget that.

-Skrie icon_cool.gif

I may have interpreted your comment wrong, then that's my bad. To be honest I was expecting an onslaught of flaming fan boys rushing to the satisfaction of winning verbal disputes over the internet.
Lighten the mood, that's always a good idea.

I hope PP gets back on their feet and starts a fluent stream of video distribution for all to enjoy. Obviously quality over quantity, any 4th grader can delineate the importance between the two, but there is such a thing as maintaining interest.

VulgaritySocks

VulgaritySocks

Second only to DougHChrist! | Wisest Poster 08

• Members
  • 4,423 posts
  • xfire:h00nestr00b
  • Interests:Defenestration, interpretive dance...<br />Dreadlocks?<br /><br />This is stupid.
Alas and veritably; nay, forsooth, the platitude upon which I ruminate does reveal unto me problematic multitudes upon this web-based domain. Your exceptional hypothesis over the lack of adulation within this assemblage does make me envisage the necessity of adjustment, however the populace is but a spot-ridden troglodyte for us to cast longing glances upon.
DIDNíT YOU KNOW LOLOL?

Omneqwa

Omneqwa
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Omneqwa
I also agree that PP is taking too long to produce episodes. I will try to stay as far away as I can from complaining, but complaining is exactly what needs to be done sometimes. Otherwise nothing would ever be changed. It`s not about distracting myself with other gaming internet shows, it`s about being able to watch a great one on a consistent basis which PP is not being able to achieve. Maybe one of these forums that are not filled with swearing and other garbage will be recognized and a legitimate concern will be brought to the table. Maintaining interest should be a priority.

Skrie

Skrie

• GA Corporal
  • 3,179 posts
QUOTE (VulgaritySocks @ Apr 3 2009, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alas and veritably; nay, forsooth, the platitude upon which I ruminate does reveal unto me problematic multitudes upon this web-based domain. Your exceptional hypothesis over the lack of adulation within this assemblage does make me envisage the necessity of adjustment, however the populace is but a spot-ridden troglodyte for us to cast longing glances upon.
DIDNíT YOU KNOW LOLOL?

I really don't know what this means... so...I'll just be insulted to be on the safe side. icon_wink.gif

5ean

5ean
  • Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (Omneqwa @ Apr 2 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also agree that PP is taking too long to produce episodes. I will try to stay as far away as I can from complaining, but complaining is exactly what needs to be done sometimes. Otherwise nothing would ever be changed. It`s not about distracting myself with other gaming internet shows, it`s about being able to watch a great one on a consistent basis which PP is not being able to achieve. Maybe one of these forums that are not filled with swearing and other garbage will be recognized and a legitimate concern will be brought to the table. Maintaining interest should be a priority.

I concur, lets not sway from the importance of our intent. We only wish to see PP up and running at their best, to ignore our thought on such topics would be to destroy our passion.

And we don't want to rid ourselves of that, do we?

Lt ledhead

Lt ledhead
  • Members
  • 2,629 posts
  • xfire:ledhead93
  • Xbox / GFWL:Lt ledhead
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
I applaud you for writing in a mature manner, with good things to say about the crew. But you have to realise, we've had a lot of these threads and people are getting annoyed. However, your thread does bring a valid point, but PP will make the ep when they do, and nothing much can change that. So it's best not to start these kinds of threads, they never end well./

Edited by Lt ledhead, 02 April 2009 - 08:45 PM.

HOT_MARVIN

HOT_MARVIN
  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Language, Battlefield 2
Anyone else think they are spreading themselves too thin? Besides the accident, there is the comic, Pro at Cooking, Jeremy's game, etc.
Do not merely believe in miracles; rely on them.

Anthrax704

Anthrax704
  • GA Private
  • 118 posts
  • xfire:soaanthrax
  • Interests:Playing CoD4
  • Xbox / GFWL:Anthrax704
  • PSN:LoL PS3 Sux!!!
  • Gamer Army ID:3462
  • Company:Bravo
Well if you think about it, this is the PP Discuchun board, and the only (or most obvious) thing to talk about is the lack of PP. So I have a plan!

Everyone go back and watch all the eps, then write a long essay viewing each episode from an existentialists point of view. When every member has done this, THEN we can QQ about stuff, or have another essay contest!

Spelling and grammar count, points will be taken off if you QQ in your essay. It's out of 1337.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users