Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mobo Art For Sick Kids Project

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,336 posts
  • xfire:sapphiretehninja
  • Interests:Twitter: @VeronickArt
  • Gamer Army ID:1532
Hey everyone!

I created a project that I want to undergo this year, where I collect dead motherboards from people, recycle them by making art with them, and then selling them. All the profits made from the sales, I will be donating to the IWK Children's Hospital to help sick kids have a better stay.

So with this project, I'm helping the environment by keeping less junk in the landfills, and providing better care for the sick children at the IWK.

So, I need your help. If you have, or have friends/family/coworkers who have any dead motherboards, I'd like you to send them to me. If you are interested to help, let me know and email me at sapphyproductions@gmail.com and put "Mobo Art Project" in the subject line.

I also created a group for this over FACEBOOK here: http://www.facebook....id=131985790299

So please spread the word and help me out if you can!

Thanks <3

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:Chewing bubble gum and kicking ass... and I'm all outta gum!
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:3318
  • Company:Alpha
some companies actually MELT the electronics and re-use the gold and other metals that are in them. there is actually quite alot of gold in CPUs and if you get alot of p3s and p4s and such, you will get alot of money for it, and if you want, you can donate that money to someone! But whatever; i'll see what i can do.

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR

CORNELIOUS THE CONQUEROR
  • Members
  • 382 posts
The cost of logistics from europe defeats the purpose for me but gl

Guest_Sethasstor_*

Guest_Sethasstor_*
  • Guests
Or you could just tell people about the cures there already are for cancer?

Clarkey

Clarkey
  • Members
  • 2,654 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:Clarketk
  • PSN:Clarkek
  • Wii:4185422692335237
Any examples of your work?

Plasmic Fury

Plasmic Fury

Best Game Reviewer 08 & 09 | Best Console Contributor '0

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • xfire:Plasmic Fury
  • Xbox / GFWL:Plasmic Fury
  • PSN:Too much $$$
  • Wii:Piece of Shit
  • Rofl-Rupees:3
QUOTE (Sethasstor @ Mar 4 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or you could just tell people about the cures there already are for cancer?

^^

this, tbh.

Doubt she'll live through the night after proclaiming stuff like that.

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,336 posts
QUOTE (Plasmic Fury @ Mar 5 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^

this, tbh.

Doubt she'll live through the night after proclaiming stuff like that.

Hmmm... I realize your point here peeps... I was thinking it through, and I can still pick another charity too. I was thinking about maybe doing it for the IWK Children's Hospital instead. I just wanted to do something good, and I think it would be worth it. It's a little disapointing realizing that doing it for the cancer foundation isn't going to help. (I'm aware that the cure exists and it's being controlled by pharmaceutical companies)... stupid greedy bastards ergh lol.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
Here's a nice goal for you icon_wink.gif This is in the lobby of Asus's headquarters in Taiwan.

/me avoides debate on 'cure for cancer'.

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,336 posts
wow that looks awesome! Nice find Weiman icon_smile.gif That's kinda the idea. I wanna make big stuff / sculptures and wall art. Hopefully I'll be able to auction the stuff. I can't wait to have enough stuff to get started! lol so far I have 3 mobo's, 1 graphics card, and a whole dead PC to work with. It's a year long project. I'm gonna go ask around the local offices and call centers. I'm sure I'll get something to work with icon_smile.gif

Oh, and I'll definitely keep you guys posted with images of my progress as I go icon_smile.gif

It's ME!

It's ME!
  • GA Private
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:Chewing bubble gum and kicking ass... and I'm all outta gum!
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:3318
  • Company:Alpha
i've got some shit lying around the house. you know what that means? COMPETITION TIME! and i'll sell the stuff for my own profit icon_biggrin.gif GO!

way2lazy2care

way2lazy2care
  • Members
  • 10,808 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:way2lazy2care
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
QUOTE (*SaPpHiRe* @ Mar 5 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow that looks awesome! Nice find Weiman icon_smile.gif That's kinda the idea. I wanna make big stuff / sculptures and wall art. Hopefully I'll be able to auction the stuff. I can't wait to have enough stuff to get started! lol so far I have 3 mobo's, 1 graphics card, and a whole dead PC to work with. It's a year long project. I'm gonna go ask around the local offices and call centers. I'm sure I'll get something to work with icon_smile.gif

Oh, and I'll definitely keep you guys posted with images of my progress as I go icon_smile.gif

can u sketch up an idea of the kind of art you want to make? I'm just curious about how it's going to look. I don't really have an abundance or stuff to donate, most gets passed down a long line of people's computers :-p
SPAMBOTSTOOKOVERMYSITE D:
Give me LoL Referals.

QUOTE (Virus52 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND MIGHTY MOTH!

QUOTE (SN3S @ May 6 2008, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No sensuality; this is all for fitness.

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,336 posts
My project is officially on Digg: http://digg.com/hard...obo_Art_Project

Please digg it for me to help more people find out about it and spread the word. The more digg votes it gets, it can reach the front page so everyone will see! If you never been to that site, all you have to do is create an account to have the permission to vote. It only takes a minute. I need lots of mobo's and I only have 3 so far lol.

Thanks for your support! I really appreciate your help <3

@way2lazy2care : I will work on some sketches in the next few days and I'll post them here when I have them done icon_smile.gif

*SaPpHiRe*

*SaPpHiRe*

teh_momerer

• GA Private
  • 2,336 posts
Common guys! I need some help T_T DIGG IT!!!

http://digg.com/hard...obo_Art_Project

Even if you don't have any dead mobo's or graphics cards to give, at least help me out by spreading the word. I've got about a dozen mobo's on the way so far icon_biggrin.gif I will need much more than that though, so your votes go a long way and it's your way to contribute icon_smile.gif

Thanks everyone <3 I appreciate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users