Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Actual Wow Vs. Eve Discussion. (not Trolling This Time, I Swear)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: EvE Vs. WoW (27 member(s) have cast votes)

After reading this, are you going to investigate EvE?

1. Yes (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

2. No (22 votes [81.48%])

Percentage of vote: 81.48%

Do you play EvE, or WoW?

1. EvE (6 votes [20.69%])

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

2. WoW (23 votes [79.31%])

Percentage of vote: 79.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Schrei

Schrei
  • Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • xfire:00schrei00
played Eve, want to know the funnest part about it? trolling Eve losers in local chat. thats it, thats what this game has going for it. Trolling. plain and simple

If you want to be considered a 36+ yr old who's mind never developed past the internet trolling stage then continue to play. The rest of us actually have friends they would like to play with

My opinion on playing eve is like having a 12 inch dildo shoved up your ass and having it will reside for the remainder of the game. While some people enjoy the intensity of butthurt eve brings to the table. I for one not so much.

Velk

Velk
  • GA Private
  • 681 posts
  • xfire:Velkair
  • Xbox / GFWL:Velkair
  • Wii:5912664493510180
  • Gamer Army ID:2774
  • Company:Charlie
QUOTE (cadetduke @ Mar 3 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's making me not like the game at all and praying to god you stay in that game, and only that game.

This.

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Schrei @ Mar 3 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
played Eve, want to know the funnest part about it? trolling Eve losers in local chat. thats it, thats what this game has going for it. Trolling. plain and simple

If you want to be considered a 36+ yr old who's mind never developed past the internet trolling stage then continue to play. The rest of us actually have friends they would like to play with

My opinion on playing eve is like having a 12 inch dildo shoved up your ass and having it will reside for the remainder of the game. While some people enjoy the intensity of butthurt eve brings to the table. I for one not so much.

Opinions are opinions.
What is enjoyable for one is not enjoyable for others.

And Xiane, everyone who takes your position and represents the player base on forums make it look bad.
Some enjoy the added risk, some don't.

Calling everyone who doesn't enjoy having to recover from losses every now and then "carebears" and saying you annihilate people in a game doesn't help your case.

EVE is a complicated game. You love it or you hate it.
You either enjoy the learning curve or don't.
You either enjoy the risk or not.
You can choose to play and you can choose not to.

It's very simple.

Also, the Steam 21-day trial is the best damn thing ever.

EDIT: And cadet, there are people like that in every game. Just more so in EVE icon_biggrin.gif

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Hamham272

Hamham272
  • Members
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:Music, Gaming, getting wasted with mates.
QUOTE (Xaine @ Mar 4 2009, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm the punk blowing up your battlecruiser. If your putting that much time and effort into building a battlecruiser, and you can't afford to lose it, you shouldn't be flying it. Yeah, I kill dudes all the time, but I also get killed. If you're smart you are rewarded, if you are dumb you are punished it's quite simple really.
The fact that you can lose ships add so much to the PvP, I live for the adrenaline rush, people like you were the people I killed, then sent me angry hate mail. I loved people like you, come back to play plz.

It's people like you that make me thank myself for having a main that can crush your fucking sorry loser arse.

Jimmy Rabbitte

Jimmy Rabbitte
  • GA Private
  • 1,639 posts
  • Steam ID:100sph
  • Gamer Army ID:3335
  • Company:Delta
QUOTE (Xaine @ Mar 3 2009, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm the punk blowing up your battlecruiser. If your putting that much time and effort into building a battlecruiser, and you can't afford to lose it, you shouldn't be flying it. Yeah, I kill dudes all the time, but I also get killed. If you're smart you are rewarded, if you are dumb you are punished it's quite simple really.
The fact that you can lose ships add so much to the PvP, I live for the adrenaline rush, people like you were the people I killed, then sent me angry hate mail. I loved people like you, come back to play plz.

lol don't give yourself too much credit XD
The Blackman is God

DarkKitchen

DarkKitchen
  • Members
  • 1,894 posts
And anyway swg space pvp has a way WAY higher skillcap than eve

gr1mn4r

gr1mn4r
  • GA Private
  • 428 posts
  • xfire:gr1mn4r
  • Interests:errr, gaming, duh!<br /><br />RTS: war3, generals, zh<br />FPS: bf2, cs:s, cod4<br />MMO: Eve
  • Gamer Army ID:2506
So basically we are trying to compare a fantasy style land based mmo against a futuristic space based one? Firstly I don't think this can be done to any measurable standard since the games are just too different. Secondly, opinions are opinions, nothing more. Now although Eve is considered the more 'complex' of the two games I have to say that anyone who has been max lvl at 60,70 and now 80 has probably seen and experienced a LOT more play styles and even gear/mods than your average Eve player. This is due in the most part to the differing styles of 'expansion packs'.

Blizzard are more focused on extra content whilst keeping the basics of the game simple to understand, in effect piling more content onto the people most likely to understand it (end game). As opposed to CCP's approach which is more of a 'new ship, every player needs to learn it now' approach. Both have their merrits and both have downsides but they arent exactly comparable because the core concepts of both games are extremely different.

I should mention I'm an avid fan of both WoW and Eve at this point, and whilst peronaly I prefer Eve it isn't because Eve > WoW or any nonsicle bs like that. Plainly and simply I prefer the people in Eve then the people in WoW IN THE MAIN. I still hate the trolling fags in Eve and the annoiying little ISK spammers, but typically the people in the equivilent of Top End guilds in eve are much better educated in the game than those in WoW. Not saying their aren't extremely good wow players in top endguilds because there are. But as previously stated by someone the risk in Eve is WAY higher than that in WoW.

This leads to the player base needing a much more comprehensive understanding of the concepts and functionalities of Eve than that required in WoW. Sorry for such a long reply, I read all the replies so far and figured that the people posting for one game (having not played the other) seem to be degrading the thread. (don't take it personaly, but if you do go back and read what you wrote). And for those who skipped to this part of my reply, I didnt say one game was any better than the other icon_razz.gif so I'll go back to sitting on my fence now.
Defining Definitions
Camping - "Doing unto other before they do unto you!"
Sniper - "Playing the game with out actually joining!"
Ping - "Being the scapegoat of your own inadequacies since 1974!"

shunted

shunted
  • Members
  • 2,400 posts
  • xfire:360shunted
  • Steam ID:shunted
  • Xbox / GFWL:shunted
  • PSN:shunted
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (gr1mn4r @ Mar 16 2009, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So basically we are trying to compare a fantasy style land based mmo against a futuristic space based one? Firstly I don't think this can be done to any measurable standard since the games are just too different. Secondly, opinions are opinions, nothing more. Now although Eve is considered the more 'complex' of the two games I have to say that anyone who has been max lvl at 60,70 and now 80 has probably seen and experienced a LOT more play styles and even gear/mods than your average Eve player. This is due in the most part to the differing styles of 'expansion packs'.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

edit: OH DEAR, youve not played eve long have you? ccp dont just "add a new ship" they add whole new sections of space, they add modular designs, they completely rework the animations and graphics, they completely rework the fitting screen and ui, they constantly update the beginner tutorial..

and wow have more "build and fittings" than eve is absolutely RIDICULOUS, especially now modular ships have been introduced

oh and to you "most people haven played the other" comment

http://www.xfire.com...ile/360shunted/

Lowkee

Lowkee
  • GA Private
  • 1,806 posts
  • xfire:Bacheezi
  • Xbox / GFWL:Bacheezi
  • Gamer Army ID:4419
bumping this, sorry people.

Since i've got about 4k hours in WoW, and 1500 in eve I can honestly tell you (my opinion) that Eve is the better game. The fact that even after 3 years of playing it, Im still learning things daily, and I haven't even been in a low sec corp/alliance yet. Thats the difference for me between the 2 games, in wow you can start completely fresh, never played it before and be a pro in 1-2 weeks. All it takes is some serious play time in those first few weeks and a little research about your class.

I find the only thing that is hard for some people to grasp about eve, and why most people stray away from it after a couple hours is the size of the whole thing. In terms of things to do, and things to discover its immense.

The pvp systems in both games are very different... and very hard to compare, however I have to admit the pvp in Eve can be a little boring at times, not the combat part, but the hunting down and tracking of other players. Although once you do find someone to kill its a rush for 2 minutes or less, and you pray you come out the victor, otherwise its back to high sec to earn your ship again icon_razz.gif Its almost worthless pvping in 0.1 systems and up because of the security status decrease. Its fine if you wish to be stuck in low sec for your whole eve life but not if you want to go back to high sec.

But in WoW, its also extremely boring. And believe me when I say i've done every aspec of pvp in wow. The only thing that is enjoyable is arena, and most of the time blizzard cant balance the classes correctly so 1-2 compositions dominate, and if you aren't in those compositions good luck. The pvp battlegrounds are a joke however, rarely did I ever enter one and actually have a fun time when comparing it to killing people in eve.

anyways rank off, my opinion couldn't care less if you people dont agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users