Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quake Live Open Beta

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
632 replies to this topic

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
HUEG UPDATE IS HUEG

Code Changes:

* Competition features (calling timeouts, locking teams, referees) available in private servers
* Wood footsteps (present on QZCA3 - Quarantine).
* Raw mouse mode performance optimizations.
* Added cl_mouseSensCap (default 0/disabled) to cap the mouse speed if you are using acceleration. Pass it an equivalent sensitivity with no acceleration value, and the acceleration code will not go beyond that.
* The game can't start right away after a map change, in order to let everyone get in and participate in votes (g_warmupDelay).
* CTF requires 2v2 before starting.
* cg_marks no longer disables cg_shadows.
* handicap in instagib is now disabled.
* r_subdivisions limited to either 4 or 80.
* Flag capture time is reported with milliseconds.
* Flag items are no longer predicted (fixes ghost pickup sounds).
* pro TDM config MG start ammo at 50
* cg_forceEnemyModel/cg_forceTeamModel now honored while spectating a player
* cg_forceBlueTeamModel/cg_forceRedTeamModel added (For shoutcasters, cmds override cg_forceEnemyModel/cg_forceTeamModel)
* spec command:
spec fc - follow/cycle through flag carriers
spec blue - follow/cycle through blue team
spec red - follow/cycle through red team
(more options on the way)
* cg_followPowerup now supports a value of 2, which will not switch to a lesser power-up if already following a flag carrier
* cg_followKiller issue in Clan Arena fixed
* fixes for several possible flag dupe cases in CTF
* spwin/splose/testgun cmds removed (exploit/griefing)
* callvote VO fixed (vote now/vote passed vo played in unison)
* Bitterman drowning sound added/fixed

Web Changes:

* The plugin upgrade and installation has been revamped, and you should no longer need to restart your browser during an update (some IE issues still being worked out).
* 24 awards are making a comeback and will start being awarded again!
* The match detail tooltips have been revamped, now allowing you to sort the list by each field. In addition it should be easier to toggle "Quitters / Switchers" now.
* All matches in the server browser will now show the country flag and corresponding city name for the location where the server is running.
* Dropdown menus have been added to the top-level navigation bar, allowing easy access to many parts of the site.
* A new option to "Show Private Matches" has been added to the Server Browser "Customize" pane. This option will toggle back and forth between showing only public or only private matches.
* While the player is in-game various features on the website will go into "sleep mode" in order to reduce the amount of resources used. This change is to help certain players who were having problems with the game stuttering while playing due to website activity.
* Created a new prompt system is used for all fatal errors and other cases where info needs to be presented to the player.
* Match tooltips will now show server name, allowing you to see where the server is located from your friends list.
* You can now toggle whether to show chat timestamps in your "Edit My Profile" page
* Added an icon that is now stamped onto matches in a player's profile when they have won a particular game.
* Fixed a number of problems with cvars and binds not being saved or restored. Players should no longer need to use an autoexec.cfg to have their settings persist.
* Fixed a problem that was preventing the "Link to this match" button from working in IE8.
* Fixed a problem where clicking on a model icon on your friends list would take you to an undefined profile.
* Fixed a problem where the player could be stuck on the "Quake Live is Loading" screen when an error occurs during the initial site load.
* Fixed a problem where many pages were missing page titles.

WIN UPDATE IS WIN

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Flag items are no longer predicted (fixes ghost pickup sounds).

Bout time, this was starting to piss me off... Team locking stuff sounds awesome too.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
Excellent news! I'm really glad that they've improved the player configs; mine kept on resetting itself.

MadeMaster

MadeMaster
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Steam ID:stc555
  • Xbox / GFWL:MadeMaster 101
  • PSN:Combine3D
QUOTE (j type @ Feb 25 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, I just signed up for the beta today and played a few rounds.

Seems to be very good so far, runs very smoothly - only one or two connection dropouts in about 1.5 hours (which is not too bad, considering there were some high ping players online, it's in beta, and I was DL'ing torrents at the time).

Matchmaking - Pretty good. I don't know what level they placed me at specifically, or if it is possible to know this at all, but it was reasonably challenging. If I focused properly, then I could generally get on top of the scoreboard quickly, but if I started noobing out at all, I would drop off rapidly too. So, that seems to suit me well so far.

I've never really played Quake games at all. I always favored more 'real' FPS games, like DoD:S or OP:Flash, for example. With this in mind then, I have been really surprised at how engaging this game really is. The achievements roll in thick and fast, so it gives you a lot to feel good about and to aim for.

Overall, very enjoyable. icon_smile.gif

Anyone else got any thoughts on the game so far?

ps - sorry if this has been threaded already. I ran a quick search and couldn't find anything specifically on the Open Beta, so, here we are...

I liked it and i am huge quake fan but i found it had way to many bugs. and still does like the one with anti cheat, it kicks ramdom people sometimes.

so really they have major improvements to do

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (MadeMaster @ Jul 15 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked it and i am huge quake fan but i found it had way to many bugs. and still does like the one with anti cheat, it kicks ramdom people sometimes.

Really? Have you played it recently? There have been a ton of updates over the last month or so, well, ever since the beta launched really. I haven't really come across many bugs and I haven't been kicked at all.

What do you mean about the anti-cheat, by the way? That it doesn't work properly, or what?

Edited by j type, 15 July 2009 - 02:08 PM.

The Colonel

The Colonel

The Ghost of Christmas Past

• Retired Staff
  • 7,150 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
I haven't played it since winter icon_razz.gif I just can't get into it for more than 30 minutes when I'm not playing with friends.
And like that, he was gone.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
QUOTE (Prancing Pony @ Jul 16 2009, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pretty decent. It is the most done air rocket though.
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
Quakecon has announced it's official tournament list:
* The Intel® QUAKE LIVE Masters Championship

There is no more definitive measure of gaming skill than the 1 vs. 1 duel, and for the first time ever, QuakeCon will feature known professionals and top QUAKE LIVE competitors in their own exclusive tournament. 64 of the world’s best QUAKE LIVE players will face-off for more than $25,000 in a double elimination bracket, with each match played in a best-of-three-games format. With two players left standing, thousands will gather at the QuakeCon Main Stage on Saturday night to watch as the survivors go toe-to-toe in a single elimination, best-of-five-games blow-out with $14,000 for the champion.

* The Intel QUAKE LIVE Open Tournament

Available exclusively for up to 128 amateurs and up-and-coming competitors, the Intel QUAKE LIVE Open will offer players a taste of the excitement and pressure of professional gaming. Battling for a $2,500 prize purse, including $1,500 for the champion, players will compete in a single elimination bracket, with each match played in a best-of-three-games format.

* The QUAKE LIVE Capture the Flag Championship, Sponsored by id Software

Simple, classic and thrilling to watch, the Capture the Flag Championship will feature 4 vs. 4 competitions for up to 32 teams battling it out in a single elimination bracket and best-of three-games format using five arenas. Those who come out on top will share in a $22,000 prize purse, including $12,000 for this year’s team of champions.

Fuck 4v4 btw. So shit...

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jul 17 2009, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quakecon has announced it's official tournament list:

Fuck 4v4 btw. So shit...

Why wouldn't they just make it 5v5? Doesn't make sense.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (j type @ Jul 17 2009, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why wouldn't they just make it 5v5? Doesn't make sense.

Because Euros (Who make up the majority of Quakes playerbase) prefer 4v4 to 5v5 for some odd reason.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jul 17 2009, 03:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because Euros (Who make up the majority of Quakes playerbase) prefer 4v4 to 5v5 for some odd reason.

Really? Wow! I know I'm a complete Quake newbie, but I've never seen a 4v4 competitive match, only 5v5s. Even in Europe..

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
For anyone in Australia interested: #4sg on Gamesurge are now doing proTDM and CTF pugs.

Edited by Tree_, 20 July 2009 - 09:55 PM.

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
  • xfire:guildwarsfreak
  • Interests:Infamous? Yussss :&gt;
  • Gamer Army ID:382
Don't think this has been posted.. if it has my bad.

Those GG's came awfully early. Over a minute 1/2 left of the match.
QUOTE (StrykerGamer @ Aug 3 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's rather simple. K0RRUPTED is the smartest 15-year-old in existence and is fucking with all of us.
Or he's Gillz's younger brother.

rugmonkey

rugmonkey
  • Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • xfire:rugmonkey
QUOTE (K0RRUPTED @ Jul 20 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't think this has been posted.. if it has my bad.

Those GG's came awfully early. Over a minute 1/2 left of the match.

Good game though I love Stermy's RG shots.
Rugmonkey
Crap IT HR
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
"Starcraft is one of man's greatest inventions. It's somewhere between penicillin and the flushing toilet"-Tasteless

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
that youtube title was EXTREMELY misleading. fucking disappointing.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
Changes from today's update:
Code changes

* Fixed a bug that broke the auto reconnect to the chat/control network when the connection got cut on the client side.

* Fixed a crash for players with non-ASCII characters in their Windows profile names.

* Fixed several issues with cg_forceEnemyModel and cg_forceTeamModel.

* Fixed name truncation errors on color tagged player names.

* Fixed cl_autoRecordDemo so it is no longer disabled after playing demos.

* Fixed spectator code so they can no longer spam ready messages.

* Added console event timestamps. Set cl_conTimeStamps 1 to enable.

* Fixed dead player code so they do not get kicked for inactivity.

* Fixed various crashes.

Web changes

* Fixed a problem where your friends list could be loaded more than once, causing it to display the same players multiple times.

* Fixed a problem that would cause the Match Browser tooltips on Firefox to, in certain situations, make the screen shake as a tooltip was being displayed.

* Fixed a problem with the Recent Competitors list not showing a full list of competitors for players who primarily play duels.

* Fixed a minor graphical glitch with the glow that appears around a selected match on the Match Browser.

* Fixed a problem with the Proximity Mine, Chaingun, and Nailgun not binding properly in the Game Settings menus.

* Fixed a problem where having more than 2 keys bound to a single action would only allow 2 to be used while in game.

* We're properly detecting and alerting the player to a circumstance with Internet Explorer where the browser would need to be restarted before completing installation.

* Added a new "account idle" logout screen graphic.

Coop Solo

Coop Solo
  • GA Private
  • 242 posts
  • xfire:madkatkilla
  • Xbox / GFWL:I Csolo I
  • PSN:Csolo
  • Gamer Army ID:4616
Pretty fucking brilliant. I've been playing since closed beta. It's really shaping up. How bout battlefield heroes. that's pretty good too.

The Mighty GUEST!

The Mighty GUEST!
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Steam ID:mightyGUEST
  • Xbox / GFWL:TheMightyGUEST
Bought a pretty nice system just a few weeks back and the first thing I loaded? Quake live. Man, I remember playing this crap in highschool. Good memories...

I think I sucked just as hard back then too...

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
  • xfire:guildwarsfreak
  • Interests:Infamous? Yussss :&gt;
  • Gamer Army ID:382
Would love to play again tbh.. but I can't seem to get it to work anymore. It works, but when I join I have 1 fps and it just stays like that. Something's obviously wrong, and it happens with all my browsers. So I'm thinking maybe the Windows 7 Release Candidate is the culprit.. it happened after I downloaded that.
QUOTE (StrykerGamer @ Aug 3 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's rather simple. K0RRUPTED is the smartest 15-year-old in existence and is fucking with all of us.
Or he's Gillz's younger brother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users