Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quake Live Open Beta

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
616 replies to this topic

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
Has anyone tried the jump map yet, I cant because my nets fucked and i'm wondering what it's like.

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
  • xfire:guildwarsfreak
  • Interests:Infamous? Yussss :&gt;
  • Gamer Army ID:382
Jump map...?
QUOTE (StrykerGamer @ Aug 3 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's rather simple. K0RRUPTED is the smartest 15-year-old in existence and is fucking with all of us.
Or he's Gillz's younger brother.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
  • Steam ID:jtype
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
QUOTE (K0RRUPTED @ Mar 30 2009, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jump map...?

is exactly what I was thinking.. icon_wink.gif

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
if i may...

jump map?

Senor_Hat

Senor_Hat
  • GA Private
  • 909 posts
  • xfire:senorhat
  • Interests:Bass, Cooking, Gaming, Hacky Sack.
  • Gamer Army ID:3123
QUOTE (TreeWombat @ Mar 30 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone tried the jump map yet, I cant because my nets fucked and i'm wondering what it's like.

A map that is only jump pads to help with rocket shots methinks.

I have beaten The Internet. The end guy was hard.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
http://www.quakelive...ead.php?t=18447

It's a Defrag style strafemap... Also proves that custom maps are already possible, have fun.

Sir Kyle Aziz

Sir Kyle Aziz
  • Members
  • 6,812 posts
  • xfire:kyleaziz0uchihaitachi
  • Xbox / GFWL:DDR Aziz
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Like an XC map?

Suoinoleht

Suoinoleht
  • Members
  • 281 posts
  • xfire:suoinoleht
  • Steam ID:Suoinoleht
  • Xbox / GFWL:Suoinoleht
QUOTE (TreeWombat @ Mar 30 2009, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
proves that custom maps are already possible

This is what's important.

Professional Ruiner of Threads:
Degenerates every thread posted in to angry idiots yelling at angry idiots

kaetaa

kaetaa
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • xfire:kaetaa
  • Interests:Gaming, Comedy, Film, Television, Writing
  • Xbox / GFWL:Slick 1337
I'm reading this thread, and I keep throwing up in disgust because of so many of you who have said:

"I've never played quake in my life"

You are looking at one of (if not the most) LAN/tournament games in all history!

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
Fucking ROFL @ there april fools joke hahahhaahahaa. =)
It's rather simple. K0RRUPTED is the smartest 15-year-old in existence and is fucking with all of us.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (K0RRUPTED @ Apr 1 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fucking ROFL @ there april fools joke hahahhaahahaa. =)

Yea, that was quality! It doesn't seem to be there anymore. I should have taken a screen cap. icon_biggrin.gif

Suoinoleht

Suoinoleht
  • Members
  • 281 posts
QUOTE (j type @ Apr 1 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, that was quality! It doesn't seem to be there anymore. I should have taken a screen cap. icon_biggrin.gif

Any time.

Now read the fine text.

Edited by Suoinoleht, 01 April 2009 - 04:22 PM.

Guest_Rakielis_*

Guest_Rakielis_*
  • Guests
lolol

this is one of the best april fools this year...i need to look around more when i get a chance

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (kaetaa @ Apr 1 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm reading this thread, and I keep throwing up in disgust because of so many of you who have said:

"I've never played quake in my life"

You are looking at one of (if not the most) LAN/tournament games in all history!

Well, as the saying goes, "You can play some of the games all of the time, and you can play all of the games some of the time...but you can't..." err.. wait.. that doesn't really work does it.. icon_razz.gif

I don't know what to tell you man, I guess I was just too busy playing other games and doing other things.. icon_smile.gif

@Suo: Thanks for that.. Lol at the small-print!

Suoinoleht

Suoinoleht
  • Members
  • 281 posts
nerd rant time

I've got to delete my account, or something. I've never gotten so frustrated losing a game than I have Quake Live, even my brief experience with Q3 wasn't this bad. There's no other game that I own and play today, including CS, Starcraft, TF2, CoD4, anything that gets me as pissed off when losing (and learning, mind you. I'm aware of the learning opportunity and I still take it). You'd think I have serious anger management issues but I don't, it's just QL.

On the other hand, it's mostly Duels that get me so nerdraged. It's not like I'm consistently losing games, either. TDM and CTF I can usually get around because I actually have a chance to level the playing ground after dying, in a Duel recovering map control is always beyond me against a player who has the common sense to look at the clock every 25/35 seconds. If I'm winning a Duel it's just as ridiculous and boring when they have no chance to recover. Unfortunately, playing those gamemodes exclusively is difficult for me because I'm a hyper-competitive friendless twat, and I can't stand playing a game or even gamemode that doesn't have a major competitive (at an e-sports level) base. Even though I know I won't be competing that high up with it, it's just something I need in my games.

For reference, I greatly resemble fps_doug sans the few seconds of patience when I can warn others to evacuate. Fortunately I prefer to game without others near me so that's not a problem.

Edited by Suoinoleht, 02 April 2009 - 12:05 AM.

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (Suoinoleht @ Apr 2 2009, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nerd rant time

I've got to delete my account, or something. I've never gotten so frustrated losing a game than I have Quake Live...

....it's mostly Duels that get me so nerdraged.

....TDM and CTF I can usually get around...

It's the other way around, for me actually. I don't get frustrated at all when losing duels and I think that's mainly because I know I'm a noob and the only one that is 'letting the side down' is me, so I can just tell myself to practice and learn more.

On the other hand, CTF drives me absolutely crazy (and I'm really not an angry person anymore, not like my younger years at least)... And it's only really because of the absolute noobtards that always seem to land on my team. I get to the point where I want to track them down, go to their houses and just murk them all.

Edited by j type, 02 April 2009 - 12:31 AM.

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
QUOTE (j type @ Apr 2 2009, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the other way around, for me actually. I don't get frustrated at all when losing duels and I think that's mainly because I know I'm a noob and the only one that is 'letting the side down' is me, so I can just tell myself to practice and learn more.

On the other hand, CTF drives me absolutely crazy (and I'm really not an angry person anymore, not like my younger years at least)... And it's only really because of the absolute noobtards that always seem to land on my team. I get to the point where I want to track them down, go to their houses and just murk them all.

I pretty much am the same way. Even though I mostly play duels, I don't rage so bad when I lose them. I rage if I'm losing in TDM or CTF. Duels are hard as fuck if you lose map control. TDM and CTF are easy enough to where you can gain it back pretty quick =)

EDIT: Where do the demos go once recorded?

EDIT2: Nevermind, figured it out. Also installed a custom HUD, but I'm having trouble with the mouse sensitivity =/

j type

j type
  • Members
  • 2,690 posts
QUOTE (K0RRUPTED @ Apr 2 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT2: Nevermind, figured it out. Also installed a custom HUD, but I'm having trouble with the mouse sensitivity =/

I'm having a similar problem, but I didn't change my HUD, I changed my monitor to a larger size. I just can't seem to find the right balance again.

What's your HUD like now then? I didn't know you could do that yet.

Edited by j type, 02 April 2009 - 05:44 PM.

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts

That's my new HUD.

Very, very simple. But I switched over to my CRT, did this, and for some odd reason, I'm doing wayyyyyy better. I don't know, but I'm LOVING it =)

Suoinoleht

Suoinoleht
  • Members
  • 281 posts
QUOTE (K0RRUPTED @ Apr 2 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's my new HUD.

Very, very simple. But I switched over to my CRT, did this, and for some odd reason, I'm doing wayyyyyy better. I don't know, but I'm LOVING it =)

I'm sure you like that because CRTs have significantly better color quality. That's why pro gamers in every game use them.

24" widescreen LCD and 17" LCD dual monitor setup still owns all y'all

Edited by Suoinoleht, 02 April 2009 - 11:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users