Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yeah I'm A Total Noob And Need Some Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
  • xfire:theshitninja
  • Steam ID:The_S_Ninja
  • Xbox / GFWL:The S Ninja
  • Gamer Army ID:4668
I figured this would be the best place to ask this question.

So I Dinged 60 a few weeks ago and realized I need to get my epic mount, but since I'm poor as fuck, I need the lowest price possible, so I'm trying to quickly get my Org rep to Exalted so the price will be as low as possible.

I searched around for a way to do this and the only way I could find was turning in Commendation Signets. My only problem is, I don't know where I'm supposed to snag myself some.

Could somebody give me a quick lowdown on what I need to do to get me some Signets? If it's a PVP thing then it's probably why I dunno how to get them.

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
  • xfire:guildwarsfreak
  • Interests:Infamous? Yussss :>
  • Gamer Army ID:382
The Commendations event is no longer around sadly, so you cannot turn them in. Blizzard really needs to take out those NPCs imo. What are your professions? Mining/Skinning=MONAYYY icon_biggrin.gif
QUOTE (StrykerGamer @ Aug 3 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's rather simple. K0RRUPTED is the smartest 15-year-old in existence and is fucking with all of us.
Or he's Gillz's younger brother.

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
I mine and skin, my skinning is pro but my mining is bawls. I'm thinking of trading it in for Inscription since I heard a lot of the stuff it makes is selling for insane prices right now. I'm not sure if it still is though.

So is there any way I can get to exalted?

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Infamous? Yussss :&gt;
You should be doing both quite frequently, gets me alot of money. That's how I got my epic mount.

What I would do is grind up the money through mining and skinning for the training and then just pvp a bit to get the pvp mount since it just costs BG marks.
It's rather simple. K0RRUPTED is the smartest 15-year-old in existence and is fucking with all of us.

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
Big problem with BG mount is I'm lvl 61 now.

I guess there's nothing more to do then to just work at it.

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI
  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • xfire:retardlad
  • Xbox / GFWL:Xx Blooddrunken
Best thing to do is to keep questing because you make loads of money off of just quest in outlands. Whenever you don't need a quest reward get the plate item/two handed DPS weapon as the reward and vendor it. Also don't bother grinding your rep. Just sell the cloth on the AH and you can make lots of money because runecloth sells for a lot still. Don't bother with getting a PvP mount if you don't already have marks. It would probably take longer then grinding up the 90 g for the mount.... by far....

Keep skinning. For your first toon its good to have 2 gathering proffs. Anyway dropping skinning for inscription would be fail because you would have to buy the mats off the AH which = less profit. Level your skinning, sell the skins on the AH. Heavy and rugged sells for a ton still. Epic mount is actually pretty easy to grind up. Just don't buy anything off the AH and don't get enchants. You really don't need them for leveling.

Huffy

Huffy
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  • xfire:random778
How much gold do you have? You'll get a crapload of gold from questing in Outlands, I went from 100g to 600g in just a few levels. Remember to sell all of the quest rewards you don't need.

Edit: Damn, you beat me to it ^^

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
QUOTE (TEH PuBLIK ENEMI @ Feb 8 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best thing to do is to keep questing because you make loads of money off of just quest in outlands. Whenever you don't need a quest reward get the plate item/two handed DPS weapon as the reward and vendor it. Also don't bother grinding your rep. Just sell the cloth on the AH and you can make lots of money because runecloth sells for a lot still. Don't bother with getting a PvP mount if you don't already have marks. It would probably take longer then grinding up the 90 g for the mount.... by far....

Keep skinning. For your first toon its good to have 2 gathering proffs. Anyway dropping skinning for inscription would be fail because you would have to buy the mats off the AH which = less profit. Level your skinning, sell the skins on the AH. Heavy and rugged sells for a ton still. Epic mount is actually pretty easy to grind up. Just don't buy anything off the AH and don't get enchants. You really don't need them for leveling.

Eh, I don't know. It depends on his server really. His server could be full of gold farmers where all the mining deposits are gone and all the animals skinned all the time, or his battlegroup could be awful and it take him forever to grind up the marks. It was just easier for me, except for god damn AV.

If things get down to worse you could always make a bank/low proff toon. I know someone who has one, he mines and skins low things like Copper Bars and Light Leather, which sell for like 2-4g on his AH. This depends on your server's economy though. He makes good money off it luckily.

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
I currently have 340g. I need to get 610 for epic riding skill.

I'm not getting rid of skinning because it's perfectly fine. I was thinking of getting rid of mining for inscription. But after getting from 15 to 50 mining in an hour I decided training it wouldn't be such a hassle.

My server is Alter of Storms. A small server so there aren't a lot of Gold Farmers. Which is good for me.

K0RRUPTED

K0RRUPTED
  • GA Private
  • 2,415 posts
Well that works out good for you eh? But yeah, as above posters said questing will give you quite a good bit of money aswell. I would understand though if you didn't want to level without your epic mount. Having it makes it so much easier.

cadetduke

cadetduke
  • GA Private
  • 5,898 posts
  • xfire:cadetduke
  • Steam ID:cadetduke
  • Xbox / GFWL:cadetduke
  • PSN:A1R5N1P3R
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:2069
  • Company:Foxtrot
Just a thought. You should only pick up Inscriptions if you have Herbalism otherwise it will cost a lot to level it.

Skinning and mining are good choices icon_wink.gif
Midwest Gaming - Work in progress.

liight

liight
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • xfire:lighht.
  • Xbox / GFWL:BendogZ
Quest quest quest.

If you sell everything from 60-80, you will have approx. 6k gold, plenty to buy whatever.

I say 6k as an approximation, because I remember I got a few blue/epic drops in this time, that can add a decent slab of gold to your collection. But yeah, I didnt even bother with professions and I ended up with that, and I still have a comfortable amount of gold.

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI

TEH PuBLIK ENEMI
  • Members
  • 930 posts
  • xfire:retardlad
  • Xbox / GFWL:Xx Blooddrunken
QUOTE (liight @ Feb 10 2009, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quest quest quest.

If you sell everything from 60-80, you will have approx. 6k gold, plenty to buy whatever.

I say 6k as an approximation, because I remember I got a few blue/epic drops in this time, that can add a decent slab of gold to your collection. But yeah, I didnt even bother with professions and I ended up with that, and I still have a comfortable amount of gold.
A lot more than that IMO. I probably made over that just selling stuff in northrend. If you just keep questing you will be fine. You will probably get it before you are level 63.

troGGers

troGGers
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:SeriousTroggers
  • Wii:6473868005772279
Use the auctioneer addon and play the auction house. You can make a ton of money just buying ores that are being sold at 40% and then sell them back at 80% undercutting the competition still. You can do it with everything...but ores are just the easiest, guaranteed moneymakers for those that don't want to actively peruse the auction house for other items.

You should have no issues then. Questing in outlands gets you money too, but there's nothing better than logging in and having gold just waiting for you for doing nothing. Make sure to auction your BoE drops that you don't need too. You'll easily make a ton off of those.

Edit: BoE drops...icon_smile.gif

outFoxed

outFoxed
  • GA Private
  • 240 posts
  • Gamer Army ID:2682
QUOTE (troGGers @ Mar 2 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Use the auctioneer addon and play the auction house. You can make a ton of money just buying ores that are being sold at 40% and then sell them back at 80% undercutting the competition still. You can do it with everything...but ores are just the easiest, guaranteed moneymakers for those that don't want to actively peruse the auction house for other items.

You should have no issues then. Questing in outlands gets you money too, but there's nothing better than logging in and having gold just waiting for you for doing nothing. Make sure to auction your BoP drops that you don't need too. You'll easily make a ton off of those.

You mean BoE?
R.I.P. Troy "T-Bag" Dixon

Because my account hates me... Company: Kilo

Want the best software for your computer?

Teh_PYR0

Teh_PYR0
  • GA Private
  • 167 posts
  • xfire:teh1337pyro
  • Interests:FPS, RTS, Violin, MMOs... meh
  • Steam ID:teh_pyro
  • PSN:PimROX
  • Gamer Army ID:3823
  • Company:Echo
QUOTE (liight @ Feb 10 2009, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quest quest quest.

I kind of agree with you but here's the thing. With a faster mount, you will definitely quest faster, so obviously it would take him longer to level if that was his main money source. In my opinion, getting two gathering skills isn't the best idea. I would get a skill that works with a gathering one, such as LW with skinning, or BS with mining (but choose wisely: engineering has extremely low profit, especially compared to BS, both having same gathering) For me, I never got that much money from 60-80. I got like one, maybe two BoE blues, but no epics, ever. Don't count on that, because there is always the chance you will be unlucky like me. When I was 78, I borrowed about 2000g for something. Through LW, I made one or two BoE epics, buying mats from AH, and already made 1000g. TBH, professions = epic win.

[Starcraft] requires the same mental strength as a chess grand master... and you need to have the dexterity of a musician. -Day[9]

troGGers

troGGers
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox / GFWL:SeriousTroggers
  • Wii:6473868005772279
QUOTE (outFoxed @ Mar 2 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean BoE?

Yeah...lol. icon_smile.gif

The S Ninja

The S Ninja
  • GA Private
  • 170 posts
well I got my epic mount so this thread can be locked.

tyvm for all your advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users