Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Team Fortress 2 Update Thread

* * * * - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
1705 replies to this topic

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Jul 20 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ultimate rage-inducer is getting killed by a random critical hit seconds after your medic hits his Kritzkrieg.

Oh god...this happened to me last night, didn't look too happy.

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
QUOTE (hasjustbeenpwned @ Jul 20 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no the ultimate rage-inducer is a medic using the kritzkrieg. sure free crits are nice but they're nothing special, i'm much rather be invincible then get to shoot people harder.

I've gotten 10 people with one Kritzkrieg as a soldier. If you know how to survive, you can dole out some serious damage.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
I've been playing a 6v6 almost every night..Ipubbed today, and had to ge tused to crits again..pretty unfair shit icon_sad.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • xfire:lewdis65
  • Interests:Video games and soccer
  • Steam ID:lewdis65
  • PSN:Lewdis
I've actually been playing TF2 lately.. only slightly enjoyed it though pp_smiley11.gif

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (Weiman @ Jul 21 2009, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been playing a 6v6 almost every night..Ipubbed today, and had to ge tused to crits again..pretty unfair shit icon_sad.gif

I'm glad your finally playing the fun version of TF2... awesome2.png

dubbs

dubbs
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,346 posts
  • Steam ID:dubbs332
  • PSN:JJAMUS
  • Gamer Army ID:621
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jul 20 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RTD is where it's at

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
QUOTE (DuBBs @ Jul 21 2009, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RTD is where it's at

LOL. I usually avoid RTD except for setup round where I can get Toxic and kill the entire team in their spawn. awesome2.png

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • xfire:Hasjustbeenpwnd
  • Interests:games, computers and bitches
QUOTE (DuBBs @ Jul 20 2009, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RTD is where it's at

i only play RTD servers because they're the only 2fort servers i can find that have any open spots.

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
QUOTE (hasjustbeenpwned @ Jul 21 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i only play RTD servers because they're the only 2fort servers i can find that have any open spots.

Yeah, honestly, I've never joined an RTD server intentionally, because 80% of them are actually not 27/32, but 0/32, and reroute you to an equally shitty server as soon as you connect. Man, it irritates me. I join the server, find out its empty, and then press Escape to disconnect, and then I'm taken to the map loading screen. >:(

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Jul 21 2009, 04:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh you awesome2.png

This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

hasjustbeenpwned

hasjustbeenpwned
  • Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • xfire:Hasjustbeenpwnd
  • Interests:games, computers and bitches
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Jul 21 2009, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, honestly, I've never joined an RTD server intentionally, because 80% of them are actually not 27/32, but 0/32, and reroute you to an equally shitty server as soon as you connect. Man, it irritates me. I join the server, find out its empty, and then press Escape to disconnect, and then I'm taken to the map loading screen. >:(

The only one i join is favorited, it's 2fort sunrise, i've only ever seen like 2 people in it use RTD so it's pretty cool.

dubbs

dubbs
  • GA Corporal
  • 1,346 posts
  • Steam ID:dubbs332
  • PSN:JJAMUS
  • Gamer Army ID:621
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Jul 21 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same. If I find out a server is RTD I almost immediately leave. Mostly because RTD makes me 3x more angry than vanilla TF2 does (which is pretty angry in itself). Getting killed by a medic using syringe gun with an instant kill roll just isn't fun. icon_razz.gif

Weiman

Weiman

• Global Moderators
  • 33,901 posts
It is when you're the medic icon_razz.gif

NOclip as a pyro is pretty fun. Move into their spawn, and hadouken the AFK'ers icon_razz.gif

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts

I'm fucking DONE. /rage

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
LOL you're so addicted it hurts. Start a stop-watch for us will you so we can see how long it lasts. 8D

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • xfire:lewdis65
  • Interests:Video games and soccer
  • Steam ID:lewdis65
  • PSN:Lewdis
What are you going to play now? considering TF2 was your life hahaha icon_biggrin.gif

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
QUOTE (Mighty_Chives @ Jul 22 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL you're so addicted it hurts. Start a stop-watch for us will you so we can see how long it lasts. 8D

I'm going a week or two at the very least. I've only raged once like this, and then, I didn't uninstall the game. I think I'm being super cereal this time. Here's the main reasons I have currently raged:

SHITTY NETCODE OCCURRENCES:
1. Facestabs and non-registered backstabs!
2. Non-registered headshots!
3. Non-registered headshots that left a bloodstain, but didn't register!
4. Running away from a heavy or a sniper's line of fire, managing to get behind a wall, running 2 meters behind the wall, and still getting hit by the bullet.

Seriously, Valve, what happened with the net-code when you transitioned from the HL2:EP1 version of the Source Engine, and the Orange Box? DOD:S has the exact same problem now. I don't remember there being facestabs in CSS, and non-registered headshots were mainly due to server lag, and were not a repetitive occurrence. I get headshots when my crosshair is 3 inches off of an enemy head... lag compensation fails.

EFFECTIVENESS OF SPAM:
1. Demomen who could do just as well if they didn't have a monitor or speakers. Nothing raged me more than getting a freezecam of a demoman that was 200m away from where I died, probably grinning like the spamming cock he is.
2. W + MOUSE1. Yes, there are pyro players that are good, but the majority of them were holding down the fire key as soon as they come out of spawn. What the hell?!

CRITICAL HITS:

A.Phobos

A.Phobos
  • GA Private
  • 1,735 posts
  • xfire:H17M4N23 _______ Quake Live: Hitman23
  • Interests:FPS, movies, Stand-up Comedy, And Stuff....
  • Steam ID:Hitman
  • Xbox / GFWL:wish i had one
  • PSN:suck mah ballz
  • Wii:1044724098965336
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:3494
  • Company:Bravo
Well, Thank god I don't play it often, or seriously, even skillfully for that matter.
I played 4 and a half hours as pyro, and the highest score I got for it is 7. while I got 1.5 hours as medic getting 91.

Defiled

Defiled
  • Members
  • 4,091 posts
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Jul 23 2009, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4. Running away from a heavy or a sniper's line of fire, managing to get behind a wall, running 2 meters behind the wall, and still getting hit by the bullet.

I'm glad im not the only one who gets this...

Infernoblaze

Infernoblaze
  • Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • xfire:infernoblaze
  • Interests:RTS, FPS, Basketball, badminton, tennis, smash bros, TF2, L4D
  • Steam ID:=[DC]= Inferno
  • Xbox / GFWL:Skorbat
  • Wii:1761398045461017
QUOTE (Defiled @ Jul 23 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad im not the only one who gets this...

This is a completely common thing in all source games. It's happened all the time in CSS. It's the wierd thing the source engine does about you not being where you are on the server it like copies what you do shortly after so everything looks smoothly moving but you're not in the same place as you are on the server so everone else sees you slightly behind and can shoot you when you're out of cover... or something. it's really annoying basically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users