Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Team Fortress 2 Update Thread

* * * * - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
1705 replies to this topic

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (eedok @ Oct 1 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea fuck em, making it optional for you to give them more money for a game they charge $10 for and put more work into than the vast majority of $60 games on market

It's great that it's optional and all bro, it really is; but paying for aesthetics and paying for something that gives one player an advantage over another are kind of two totally different things.

And why are you mad for?

Guest_ThE_MarD_*

Guest_ThE_MarD_*
  • Guests
Heyyo,

Yeah the new update sounds great. Of course recently there was the engie update, but now there is man-conomy.. where you can buy and trade ingame items.

btw incase missed on last page I did merge Xiphiass's thread with this one.-ThE_MarD

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
Actually there is all of 1 decent thing that came out of it (Not that it will make me play again): The sniper update was actually a sniper update this time.

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
  • xfire:eedok
  • Interests:qqq
  • Steam ID:eedok
  • Xbox / GFWL:eedok
  • Wii:3394-3242-5681
  • Gamer Army ID:1176
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Sep 30 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's great that it's optional and all bro, it really is; but paying for aesthetics and paying for something that gives one player an advantage over another are kind of two totally different things.

And why are you mad for?

right from the faq:
Q: Will I have to spend money to remain competitive?
A: No. Any items affecting gameplay, and even most purely cosmetic items, will still be obtainable simply by playing the game.

A good chunk of my salary is generated from people buying things in the games we make at work that do not give one player over another(in Stick Arena), and people constantly complain about it, and it's annoying, but for the game we actually made premium items make people better(Boxhead Bounty Hunter), nobody really said anything, and even some who complained about the first game's premium features even took part of buying some of the premiums, so hypocritical, and this hits close to home. Game developers, and especially those who make great games like Valve deserve to be able to make money off of what people are doing on ebay with every game that has trading in it do

EDIT: whoa the gorilla on the update page winks when you mouse over and when you click it has a portrait of it
EDIT2: if you click the Mann co building on the page it has another image

Edited by eedok, 01 October 2010 - 12:02 AM.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
Items required to get the set bonuses can be purchased, so why it would say that in the FAQ is beyond me.

Jimmy Rabbitte

Jimmy Rabbitte
  • GA Private
  • 1,639 posts
  • Steam ID:100sph
  • Gamer Army ID:3335
  • Company:Delta
There is no advantage.. the new items have bonuses and drawbacks like every other unlockable, its up to you to understand how the game works and adapt or complain and suck.
The Blackman is God

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
not only that but the set items can be obtained for free just like the rest of the items, you don't have to pay for them unless you're really impatient

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
QUOTE (Tree_ @ Oct 1 2010, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Items required to get the set bonuses can be purchased, so why it would say that in the FAQ is beyond me.

The sets are shit anyway.

You can't do headshots with the sniper set, for instance.

Alexc26

Alexc26
  • GA Private
  • 2,082 posts
  • xfire:Alexc26
  • Steam ID:Alexc26
  • Xbox / GFWL:Alexc26
  • PSN:Alexc26
  • Rofl-Rupees:13
  • Gamer Army ID:4614
  • Company:Gamma
I like it, I won't pay anything using my real money considering you can just get it for free through drops etc, but people have been asking for this feature on the steam forums, so it shuts them up for now, the new weapons look pretty cool, and at least the devs are still working on TF2 releasing updates for free unlike many other games developed now *cough* MW2 *cough*.

IrishSpuds

IrishSpuds
  • GA Sergeant Major
  • 1,732 posts
  • xfire:irishspuds
  • Interests:PP, DotA2, CS:GO, Game of Thrones (books and series)
  • Steam ID:irishspuds
  • Xbox / GFWL:irishspuds1337
  • PSN:IrishSpuds
  • Rofl-Rupees:0
  • Gamer Army ID:746
  • Company:Golf
QUOTE (Mighty_Chives @ Oct 1 2010, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The sets are shit anyway.

You can't do headshots with the sniper set, for instance.

I took it as you cannot get headshot since that is the set bonus. Perhaps it is both ways?

eedok

eedok
  • GA Private
  • 5,414 posts
QUOTE (IrishSpuds @ Oct 1 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took it as you cannot get headshot since that is the set bonus. Perhaps it is both ways?

In order to get the set bonus you're forced to use the Jarate gun which can't get headshots

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
Yeah, all of the sets have pretty heavy drawbacks on their own. With the tank buster set, you take 20% less sentry damage, but you only have 3 rockets and no shotgun. With the sniper set you don't take critical headshots, but you can't headshot with the Jarate gun and you don't have a secondary. From what I see, they can work better in terms of teamwork, but alone you aren't at any advantage in a 1v1.

Also, Robin has mentioned that there will be blueprints to craft the polycount set hats, so everybody has a chance of getting the whole set. I think the prices are ridiculous, but as long as I'm not falling behind heavily for not throwing $50 on the update, I'm fine with it.

Yozki

Yozki
  • Members
  • 2,139 posts
  • xfire:Yozki
  • Steam ID:Yozki
I haven't played this in like 6 months and it sounds like I'm coming back to an RPG lol.

No complains though that game has given me so much fun for 20 bucks it's stupid.

Jimmy Rabbitte

Jimmy Rabbitte
  • GA Private
  • 1,639 posts
Im not really feeling the sydney sleeper.. I mean with that name it makes so much more sense to slow down the target and apply a drugged effect like the tranq dart in TFC. But a gun that jarates people? Kinda stupid. I will definitely be going for the scout set though, and the degreaser is FUCKING AWESOME. Makes killing heavies so much easier since you can bring out the axtinguisher hella fast. Dont really care about the powerjack though and bullet vulnerability doesnt really seem to make the movement speed worth it unless they have no heavies.

Oh yeah the Eternal Reward is so fucking godmode

Edited by Jimmy Rabbitte, 01 October 2010 - 05:15 PM.

The Blackman is God

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
I'm gaming TF2 trading; shit's so cash. I get a crappy hat, find someone who'll trade it for something a little better, and I repeat this until I get a decent hat, then I trade that for a crappy hat + reclaimed metal/new item... I have 3 of the new items, and I've gathered enough metal to craft a new hat (got the Chieftain soldier hat).

Bl!ndf!re

Bl!ndf!re
  • Members
  • 1,217 posts
  • xfire:tehlickerer
QUOTE (Jimmy Rabbitte @ Oct 1 2010, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hella

fucking northwest hipster

QUOTE (Husky @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of Mutas softened up to the red, a couple of other Mutas softened up to the black, cause they're dead.

QUOTE (slartibartfast of earth @ Sep 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ps my disablity in my hands makes my typing crap sry

QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Mar 31 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd hit it tbh. Especially if it's dead.

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
Holy fuck, trading is fun.

I started with like 9 (non-free) hats today, and now I have 14. I crafted 2 from just the metal I acquired (made about 4.5 refined from just bonus trades for hats), and got two 2:1 trades.
I got ripped off 'cause some guy traded me an orange merry-weather as gold along with the vita-saw and jarate, and I gave him 2 bad hats for it, but then found someone who wanted the orange for 2 hats (get owned, scammer).
Then, I traded for a Tosslecap, I put it up for trade on TF2Items, and I shit you not, 15 people added me to friends within 2 minutes looking for it. I started some massive auction and eventually gave it for a Fedora and Gatsby.

EDIT: Got Ze Goggles for my Gatsby...
This is like what would happen if Craigslist and Omegle had a pregnant.

Jimmy Rabbitte

Jimmy Rabbitte
  • GA Private
  • 1,639 posts
All I wanted was a pepsi hound dog, and she wouldn't give it to me!

I'm not going to let some fag tell me to trade 2 hats for a hound dog, not with the hats I have.
The Blackman is God

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
I'm only really sweet for the the new rocket launcher, so far.

The scattergun seems pretty good too but I haven't had much chance to use it yet.

Jengerer

Jengerer

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
Trading is serious business.

jenGerer @ HYELP!: Hello? You cancelled our trade, what's up?
boAlaol: ?
boAlaol: what you want
jenGerer @ HYELP!: Are you trading your ear buds or nametag?
jenGerer @ HYELP!: And for what, if so?
jenGerer @ HYELP!: Hello?
boAlaol: yes?
boAlaol: what
boAlaol: do y
boAlaol: ou
boAlaol: want
boAlaol: idiot
jenGerer @ HYELP!: I already said: jenGerer @ HYELP!: Are you trading your ear buds or nametag?
jenGerer @ HYELP!: But if you want to be a fucking jackass, you can take your earbuds and shove them up your ass.
boAlaol is now Offline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users