Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Team Fortress 2 Update Thread

* * * * - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
1705 replies to this topic

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • xfire:lewdis65
  • Interests:Video games and soccer
  • Steam ID:lewdis65
  • PSN:Lewdis
original post updated

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
  • Interests:Games, people, life.
  • PSN:Liquid_Ice_VI
So i've been out of TF2 for a while. Whats with the drop system atm? Is it that random thing or is it back to achivement based?

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Jun 19 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So i've been out of TF2 for a while. Whats with the drop system atm? Is it that random thing or is it back to achivement based?

You can get the weapons from achievements, and the hats are still random.

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
I noticed a small update 2 days ago..but no patch notes icon_confused.gif

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

Darkpowder

Darkpowder
  • Members
  • 29 posts
QUOTE (Weiman @ Jun 19 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed a small update 2 days ago..but no patch notes icon_confused.gif

Here's some information on it:-
Valve has announced that the Pyro class update for its online multiplayer shooter Team Fortress 2 will be released this Thursday, June 19.

The update includes three unlockable weapons—such as the previously unveiled Axtinguisher—which can be obtained via 35 new class-specific achievements. Valve has previously stated that the Pyro update will also include "significant changes" to the core class which will be enacted regardless of whether players have the new weapons.

In addition to the new weapons and achievements, two community-created maps for the game will be included in the update. To tide players over til Thursday, Valve also plans to release Meet the Sniper, the latest video in its series of comedic class profiles, tomorrow morning.

The developer also revealed that it will hold another Team Fortress 2 free weekend, allowing players who haven't yet purchased the title to play the game for free from Friday morning through Sunday evening. During that time, players can download and play Team Fortress 2 from Valve's downloadable PC gaming platform Steam free of charge.

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
QUOTE (Jengerer @ Jun 19 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can get the weapons from achievements, and the hats are still random.

Thanks!

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

- i luv noobs -

- i luv noobs -
  • Members
  • 606 posts
  • xfire:-steam ftw-
  • Interests:Chicks<br />Games<br />Pure Pwnage<br />That's pretty much it
  • Steam ID:xxdidorioxx
  • Xbox / GFWL:bryan7474
  • PSN:-i dun liek ps3-
  • Wii:-i sold mah wii-
Have they ever announced updating the 360 version of TF2? I just bought Orange Box for 360 (had teh_extra $) and the TF2 fucking sux without the updates that the PC has.
QUOTE (Xayun @ Sep 10 2009, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. I refuse to believe that we are not being trolled. No-one could be this instantly unlikeable

QUOTE (- i luv noobs - @ Sep 10 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No-one you say? :neutral: Consider that comment as a welcome back for me, yall can thank Xayun.

Jengerer

Jengerer

2009 Softest Hair Winner & Best Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 3,243 posts
  • xfire:Jengerer
  • Interests:Video games. Who knew?
  • Steam ID:Jengerer
  • Rofl-Rupees:2
  • Gamer Army ID:4485
QUOTE (Darkpowder @ Jun 19 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really... really... REALLY... hope you're joking. That's last year's news; the pyro got its update a year ago. icon_lol.gif

Magz0r

Magz0r
  • Members
  • 432 posts
  • xfire:tehmagz0r
  • Steam ID:teh_magz0r
  • PSN:Magz0r
  • Rofl-Rupees:4
QUOTE (Darkpowder @ Jun 19 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not possible!!!!!

Destructor

Destructor
  • Members
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Video Gaming (PC mostly, also arcade shmups)<br />Chess<br />Linux/computers<br />Sci-fi (Dune, Star Wars, whatever)<br />Martial Arts<br />Philosophy
  • Steam ID:Destruct0r
  • PSN:kracine
  • Wii:5323779916910511
QUOTE (- i luv noobs - @ Jun 20 2009, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have they ever announced updating the 360 version of TF2? I just bought Orange Box for 360 (had teh_extra $) and the TF2 fucking sux without the updates that the PC has.

Nope, I doubt it'll happen any time soon, if ever. The combined size of all the class updates and new maps is well over the size limit for downloadable content on the xbox. It's microsoft's fault, really. But if it ever does come to the xbox, you'll have to pay for it as well. Really should get it for PC instead.
Current blog entry: The Future of Gaming According to Bobby Kotick
You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue

- i luv noobs -

- i luv noobs -
  • Members
  • 606 posts
QUOTE (Destructor @ Jun 20 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, I doubt it'll happen any time soon, if ever. The combined size of all the class updates and new maps is well over the size limit for downloadable content on the xbox. It's microsoft's fault, really. But if it ever does come to the xbox, you'll have to pay for it as well. Really should get it for PC instead.

Workin on it XD
No. I refuse to believe that we are not being trolled. No-one could be this instantly unlikeable

No-one you say? :neutral: Consider that comment as a welcome back for me, yall can thank Xayun.

PwnDaddy123

PwnDaddy123

Best film & movies contributor '09

• Members
  • 6,040 posts
  • xfire:teh0ass0kicker
  • Interests:mothers
  • Steam ID:joeyestcool
  • Xbox / GFWL:more like gaylo
  • PSN:ballin
  • Wii:lol fkin dildo
  • Rofl-Rupees:5
RIP Spy. That's all I got to say.

My record for kills without dieing with Spy was 16 which made a total of 34 points, revolver kills and saps included. I broke this record about 8 months ago. And since then I was unable to. Why? Cause The Spy is the fucking shitiest class in the game at the moment. I would be able to rape everyone to very easily as Spy but they nerfed it as fuck. Before, every backstab counted as a backstab. Now, one of your backstabs can sometimes deal the damage of a front stab. Why? I don't fucking know.

So the update comes out everyone plays Spy so the old tactics I had when playing are completely useless. Like every new weapons update, you reinvent your game as that class. Spy never got anything that helped it. The Dead Ringer was probably the only good thing on that list. But guess what? THEY FUCKING NERFED IT. During the update for Pyro. Pyro gets Pyro blast which helped the class a shit lot. Spy got these horrible animations for backstabs that suck of shit. None of the new weapons Spy got can actually fucking help him. WELL PWNDADDY123 WHAT BOUT EM' COCK AND DAGGER. If you like fucking sitting in a corner for the whole fucking game be my fucking guest you usless piece of fucking shit.

I'm just extremely pissed right now since I noticed how much shit my favorite class has become.

Edited by PwnDaddy123, 21 June 2009 - 10:47 AM.

QUOTE (GtuFest @ Sep 19 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SITMOS is great, one of my favorite podcasts.

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
Just headshot peeps with that ther Ambassador.

Though saying that I can't beat my 44 point score from last year either. Beating my headshot with spy records tho pewpew

liquidicevi

liquidicevi
  • Members
  • 1,407 posts
lol I find the spy class alot easier now.
Maybe they nerfed it for pros but made it easier for noobs?
icon_razz.gif

1a_zps7e591386.jpg

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
QUOTE (liquidicevi @ Jun 21 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol I find the spy class alot easier now.
Maybe they nerfed it for pros but made it easier for noobs?
icon_razz.gif

That's how it seems. My backstab record was 19 (I have screenie if you don't believe me) and now I can't even get past 10 - one of the main reasons I don't play TF2 anymore since spy was pretty much the only class I played.

Edited by Lewdis, 21 June 2009 - 09:58 PM.

A.Phobos

A.Phobos
  • GA Private
  • 1,735 posts
  • xfire:H17M4N23 _______ Quake Live: Hitman23
  • Interests:FPS, movies, Stand-up Comedy, And Stuff....
  • Steam ID:Hitman
  • Xbox / GFWL:wish i had one
  • PSN:suck mah ballz
  • Wii:1044724098965336
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
  • Gamer Army ID:3494
  • Company:Bravo
I've got 3 razorbacks, and I think I'm still missing a lot of shit. like huntsman, sandman, force-a-nature, energy drink, cloak and dagger, death ringer, and ambassador; and I'm still missing all the hats.

The game is still fun as hell though.

- i luv noobs -

- i luv noobs -
  • Members
  • 606 posts
QUOTE (PwnDaddy123 @ Jun 21 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RIP Spy. That's all I got to say.

My record for kills without dieing with Spy was 16 which made a total of 34 points, revolver kills and saps included. I broke this record about 8 months ago. And since then I was unable to. Why? Cause The Spy is the fucking shitiest class in the game at the moment. I would be able to rape everyone to very easily as Spy but they nerfed it as fuck. Before, every backstab counted as a backstab. Now, one of your backstabs can sometimes deal the damage of a front stab. Why? I don't fucking know.

So the update comes out everyone plays Spy so the old tactics I had when playing are completely useless. Like every new weapons update, you reinvent your game as that class. Spy never got anything that helped it. The Dead Ringer was probably the only good thing on that list. But guess what? THEY FUCKING NERFED IT. During the update for Pyro. Pyro gets Pyro blast which helped the class a shit lot. Spy got these horrible animations for backstabs that suck of shit. None of the new weapons Spy got can actually fucking help him. WELL PWNDADDY123 WHAT BOUT EM' COCK AND DAGGER. If you like fucking sitting in a corner for the whole fucking game be my fucking guest you usless piece of fucking shit.

I'm just extremely pissed right now since I noticed how much shit my favorite class has become.

360 hasn't put the gay spy update on yet, you could always go the Console FPS- noob way like I did XD

Lewdis

Lewdis
  • Members
  • 1,153 posts
QUOTE (- i luv noobs - @ Jun 22 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
360 hasn't put the gay spy update on yet, you could always go the Console FPS- noob way like I did XD

except keyboard + mouse > controllers which means PC TF2 > console TF2 even with updates

- i luv noobs -

- i luv noobs -
  • Members
  • 606 posts
QUOTE (Lewdis @ Jun 22 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
except keyboard + mouse > controllers which means PC TF2 > console TF2 even with updates

awesome2.png *nod*

Weiman

Weiman

Best HW&SW Cont. & PP Savant '09

• Global Moderators
  • 33,900 posts
  • xfire:weiman
  • Interests:Gaming, Biochemistry.
  • Steam ID:Weiman
  • Gamer Army ID:2452
  • Company:Mu
QUOTE (Darkpowder @ Jun 19 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FAIL -_-

Anyway, I think at the moment playing spy is harder because everyone knows's there will be at least one spy on the enemy team..

QUOTE (Weiman @ Apr 5 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is exactly what has been going on through the entire thread, and it's not the first time either.
You come to us for advice..you just spell out what you want to get, and then ask us if it is okay, and we have to explain why it isn't. That's the world upside down.. If you would just say 'hey guys, I have an X amount of money, what should I buy?' Then this would be over in 2-3 posts, not 2-3 pages.
QUOTE (Kazzerax @ May 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time someone goes against Weiman's sig I feel like they should be bludgeoned for a few minutes in the head to feel the headache I feel when I realize someone really IS that dense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users