Welcome to The OFFICIAL Pure Pwnage forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Team Fortress 2 Update Thread

* * * * - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
1705 replies to this topic

Intraframe

Intraframe
  • Members
  • 3,142 posts
  • xfire:mark101mmmmd
  • Interests:Games (obviously), fps, rts, and a few RPG's Also enjoy soccer, both playing and watching.
  • Steam ID:Intraframe
  • Wii:5242563695984198
the jarate thing was a pretty funny Aprils fools joke.. but now its actually in the game? What the fuck?
Come at me bro

TheShadowNinja

TheShadowNinja
  • Members
  • 5,200 posts
  • xfire:cipher5006
  • PSN:Kithlan
QUOTE (Tree_ @ May 20 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fixed that up for ya there.

You should totally cry more about it.

Haven't you renounced TF2 once and for all like 5 times now?

TheShadowNinja
Crap IT Security

Verrückter

Verrückter

Satanic Birthday Boy

• Retired Staff
  • 7,606 posts
  • Interests:Games!
I think you should play the fucking update before saying anything about it.

Also there should be a server option that allows or denies the use of unlocks. That way you can play some "good ole" TF2
"Something tremendously powerful was lost when composers moved away from tonal harmony and regular pulses... Among other things the audience was lost" -John Adams

PhilYork

PhilYork
  • Banned
  • 88 posts
meh, won't matter.

if it's anything like the last Scout update (doing 25 dumb achievements) then there will be a simple crack program to just give you them.

everyone competing in CEVO used them, because the competitive players have better things to do then "Kill 5 sentrys while using a bat in mid-air during overtime"

Huffy

Huffy
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  • xfire:random778
QUOTE (Tree_ @ May 20 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I dont really have much to say: They took my favorite call in the game... And gave it the crappiest update to date. I can honestly say that I was starting to enjoy playing TF2, but after this I dont know if i'm ever going to play it again. I was really looking forward to this update and they just fucked it up.

Like I said before, not everyone is as competitive as you which I think is the main reason you aren't looking forward to the update. I'm looking forward to it icon_lol.gif

QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ May 20 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
  • Rofl-Rupees:1
QUOTE (TheShadowNinja @ May 21 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't you renounced TF2 once and for all like 5 times now?

No, I constantly said it was shit and stuck by that point until I found some people to play with who made it fun (Shaun, Ineffable, Fenyx, other PP people). However for that time I only ever played the 2 classes I always found fun: The first of which was the Pyro who's update I found rather good but not really enough to keep me playing it, the other was the Sniper which brings me to my next point...
QUOTE (Huffy @ May 21 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like I said before, not everyone is as competitive as you which I think is the main reason you aren't looking forward to the update. I'm looking forward to it icon_lol.gif

The main reason i'm not looking forward to this update is because... Well it's not a "Sniper" update. I find what Valve said about Snipers getting up close and thus catering to a need for a bow moronic, the Snipers point in games has always been to stay back and play a defensive roll, people who says this is camping or unskillful are stupid. If I want to go in and get up close i'll play a class that's meant to be doing that, which is why I enjoyed the use of the Pyro every now and then. What I want in the Sniper update is a SNIPING update: Valve could have come up with all kind's of weapons that could have catered to the class still being used for what it's meant to be used for, and instead they just palmed it off with a weapon that really isn't meant for the class. This isn't even coming from a competitive point of view because if you knew squat about me you would know that I find TF2 to be genuinely fun but not competitive, which is ok but i'd prefer updates to add fun to the classes I use instead of just handing me some piece of shit i'll never use.

God, I dont know...: An automatic TFC style rifle with a scope that cant cause headshots? A sniper rifle with a thermal detecting scope that can see through walls at certain distances that has a long charge time? Or maybe only activates it thermal sight on full charge? A sniper rifle capable of incapacitating limbs so if you get shot in the arm you cant shoot, or walk slower if you get shot in the leg? You could call it "The Trophy Maker" or some other witty shit that Valve seems to like. Any of these ideas sound a lot better to me and I come up with all of them off the top of my head right now, and the reason they sound better is because they sound like ACTUAL *SNIPER* WEAPONS. Not cop out "Oh lol he's Aussie and looks like a hunter so let's give him a bow and arrow because that would be super funny".

The rest I really have no problem with, the jar of piss is hilarious and quite useful as a defensive tool and the shield I know I personally would find great use in maining a Sniper because I know how annoying Spy's are; but there isn't a chance in hell I would ever use the Bow as my primary weapon and feel ripped off when: The Scout got a weapon that seemed like a Scout weapon, the Pyro got something that was obviously a Pyro weapon, Heavy update was a Heavy update, Medic update was a Medic update, Spy update will be a Spy update... The Sniper update is far FAR from a fucking Sniper update...

ssbm

ssbm
  • Members
  • 85 posts
bow&arrow doesn't really seem to suit sniper that much but we'll just have to wait and see

can't really say it's gonna change much

Barlowe

Barlowe
  • GA Private
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, reading, writing.
  • Steam ID:Barlowe
  • Xbox / GFWL:Barl0we
  • Gamer Army ID:3073
  • Company:Eta
Edit: Nevermind, quoted before reading the entire thread, post pointless icon_razz.gif

Chatting is a skill?!? <-- I talk randomly un an uneven schedule about games.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Barlowe @ May 21 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Care to back up that statement?

You must be new around the FPS section, icon_lol.gif

Barlowe

Barlowe
  • GA Private
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, reading, writing.
  • Steam ID:Barlowe
  • Xbox / GFWL:Barl0we
  • Gamer Army ID:3073
  • Company:Eta
QUOTE (Tree_ @ May 21 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must be new around the FPS section, icon_lol.gif

True, I haven't used the FPS section much icon_razz.gif

But nvm, I read your posts after that, and now I know what you mean (DOn't agree, but I see your point now icon_biggrin.gif)

Chatting is a skill?!? <-- I talk randomly un an uneven schedule about games.

Lord Panzerfaust

Lord Panzerfaust

Best Music Contributor

• GA Private
  • 3,013 posts
  • xfire:lordpanzerfaust
  • Interests:just gaming and music :P
  • Steam ID:lordpanzerfaust666
  • Xbox / GFWL:Age Ov DooM
  • PSN:LordPanzerfaust
  • Gamer Army ID:3878
  • Company:Pi
I agree with Tree_ on the whole bow and arrow thing...i WTF'd when i first read about it, its the same as nerfing the AWP to a scopeless pea-shooter and give it that 'australian' feel...

other than that, the update is looking good.

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
except the bow and arrow is optional, and nobody knows quite how it'll play exactly.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Mighty_Chives @ May 21 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
except the bow and arrow is optional, and nobody knows quite how it'll play exactly.

I'd rather the option to use a weapon that a Sniper should be using though, and not one Valve has already said will be a close quarters use weapon.

Mighty_Chives

Mighty_Chives
  • Members
  • 1,562 posts
  • Steam ID:Superstar Chives
o so i can now see how this optional bow is going to somehow ruin all your fun with tf2.

Tree_

Tree_

<3's You Guys

• Retired Staff
  • 15,518 posts
QUOTE (Mighty_Chives @ May 21 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
o so i can now see how this optional bow is going to somehow ruin all your fun with tf2.

No, it's ruining my class that creates my fun within TF2, icon_smile.gif

Master C

Master C
  • Members
  • 5,511 posts
  • xfire:masterca
  • Xbox / GFWL:Renegade Con
  • Wii:4710238335790963
  • Rofl-Rupees:7
Its 1 "bad" update out of 3, tbh thats pretty good as video games go.

Anyways all this update hype has sorta got me on the bandwagon for Tf2 again, and my second time round is changing my perspective of it.
'tis a good game.

Edited by Master C, 21 May 2009 - 09:39 AM.

k0rpz3y

k0rpz3y
  • Members
  • 1,133 posts
  • xfire:korpsey
  • Steam ID:k0rpz3y
I was hoping for poop in a cup, but piss in a jar is fine with me.

PP IRC: #PurePwnage @ QuakeNet PP TS: 206.75.217.24:8767
Facebook Twitter

PwntToast

PwntToast

I want a title. But I'm not creative D:

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
  • xfire:pwnttoast
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing/listening to music, skateboarding.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Marcus Fps
  • PSN:Nope.
  • Wii:Not yet.
The sapper won't be updated. That was obvious all along, considering it's not even in the equipment screen anyways. This piss-in-a-jar seems useful, although I thought it was an April fools joke. It probably was at first...

So all's left is the new knife for the spy. Cross your fingers.
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)
Kazzerax: if she has a boyfriend, that's you being a fucking terrible person and i hope he knocks your ass out in a stream while you're wearing jeans

Slinky

Slinky
  • Members
  • 1,466 posts
  • Steam ID:frosticle
  • PSN:slinkytoyou
QUOTE (PwntToast @ May 22 2009, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So all's left is the new knife for the spy. Cross your fingers.

Probably a frozen turd at this rate..

QUOTE (BearHugger @ Jan 10 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont respondd cause i have a life my girlfriend came over and she sucked me off

PwntToast

PwntToast

I want a title. But I'm not creative D:

• Retired Staff
  • 3,617 posts
  • xfire:pwnttoast
  • Interests:Gaming, Playing/listening to music, skateboarding.
  • Xbox / GFWL:Marcus Fps
  • PSN:Nope.
  • Wii:Not yet.
QUOTE (Slinky @ May 21 2009, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably a frozen turd at this rate..

Well...There's probably gonna be a cooldown on it. So your partially right icon_razz.gif
(RIP Troy "T-Bag" Dixon)
Kazzerax: if she has a boyfriend, that's you being a fucking terrible person and i hope he knocks your ass out in a stream while you're wearing jeans

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users